WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: computer paint programs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:33 pm 

I received a Wacom Graphire Tablet for Xmas. If you dont know what a tablet is, specifically for the computer, it is a device that enables you to use a pen device, the same way you would a mouse. The great benefits of this device, especially for paint programs on the computer, is the ability to control the pressure of the line being drawn. You also exhbit far greater control of line placement. BLAH!

The point: this tablet included Corel Painter Essentials 2.0, along with some other programs that are besides the point.

The real point: I noticed that the paints, the textures, the whole vibe of the colors in this program, are similar enough to the paint textures and tones in the WM paintings, for further investigation. The most pointy point of the points in here, is that the brushes, and the ability to control the pressure with the Wacom Tablet, enables me to produce nearly EXACT parts of the WM paintings. I could make fakes, essentially.

SO. If you want to make paintings, and make them controlled, detailed, strucutred, textured, meaningul, and in the whole thread of yourself, I highly advise you to get a tablet for you computer. It is opening doors I thought I closed many years ago.

I'm not afraid to paint anymore! Even though its on the computer...why the heckums would I go back to paints when I have this profound new dimension to work in?

YEAH!:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:48 pm 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

[quote][i]Originally posted by DeepInWide[/i]
I received a Wacom Graphire Tablet for Xmas. If you dont know what a tablet is, specifically for the computer, it is a device that enables you to use a pen device, the same way you would a mouse. The great benefits of this device, especially for paint programs on the computer, is the ability to control the pressure of the line being drawn. You also exhbit far greater control of line placement. BLAH!

The point: this tablet included Corel Painter Essentials 2.0, along with some other programs that are besides the point.

The real point: I noticed that the paints, the textures, the whole vibe of the colors in this program, are similar enough to the paint textures and tones in the WM paintings, for further investigation. The most pointy point of the points in here, is that the brushes, and the ability to control the pressure with the Wacom Tablet, enables me to produce nearly EXACT parts of the WM paintings. I could make fakes, essentially.

SO. If you want to make paintings, and make them controlled, detailed, strucutred, textured, meaningul, and in the whole thread of yourself, I highly advise you to get a tablet for you computer. It is opening doors I thought I closed many years ago.

I'm not afraid to paint anymore! Even though its on the computer...why the heckums would I go back to paints when I have this profound new dimension to work in?

YEAH!:D [/quote]

Very cool. I guess we've come a long way since the etch and scetch. HEHE May I ask how much one of these would set me back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:26 pm 
Posting Freak

I'm not afraid to paint anymore! Even though its on the computer...[b]why the heckums would I go back to paints when I have this profound new dimension to work in?[/b]

YEAH!:D [/quote]

maybe, a power outage? would it set you back?
could it keep the images of your dreams, trapped in cyber space?
un-real?
cannot touch?

just looking at the pros and cons...understanding the deependants. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:31 pm 

pros and cons....negatory.

it depends on why. why one paints. if you're using paints, then you have your reasons.

shutup ebyam. youre silly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:00 pm 
Posting Freak

pros and cons....negatory.

it depends on why. why one paints. if you're using paints, then you have your reasons.

shutup ebyam. youre silly. [/quote]

is it "silly" to know that the computer (technology) is just another aspect of myself?
examples?
one is "being for real", the other is ideas...not yet manifested?
surely, "playing"?
a place to dream?
decided?
why not all...or, both feilds in combinations? ;)

[Edited on 9-1-2006 by Ebyam]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:37 pm 

i understand, but its crass.

so hush.