WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: How does your garden Grow ?
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:55 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
as promised ... hard to get a shot of them all together ... but here they are ... four weeks old on tues - if you haven't see the picture of the new goats, born 5/28 (yesterday) go back one page and take a look - and how "my garden grows"

just look at that fat face... ha - she has no tail ... a ManxAmeese - the big wild-looking one (pic above far right) doesn't have a tail either, and has the look of a manx - and the black one (with four white feet - chest and belly) is identical to his dad, if he grows long hair - people sure do love these tabbys too ... they have such expressive faces w/all the stripes in the right places

Dot's new borns snoozing in the shade and protection of the yuca ... tonight they are tucked into the woodpile ... "instintual intelligence"
good thing too, because I saw that ole rabbit snatching fox, slinking around, early one morning - last week ... kids are too big for them to drag off, and Nannys are fierce defenders (not like sheep) of their kids ... and that's when horns come in handy ... I saw Sunny's buck kid, send Mr Brown flying recently (boy was he surprised) - they can defend their "cave" easily - but prefer to sleep out doors - I had to "hunt" to find them

It is hard to comprehend, how a "domestic animal" could transfer its consciousness into its off-spring - but they were clearly displayed, when the buckling jumped up when he saw me approaching - he didn't cry for his mama, he didn't flee - he stood his ground, and lowered his head - ready to defend the doe who instinctually "froze" to avoid detection --- just as if they were adults - -- but it is even harder for us to comprehend how we, humans, can transfer "intuitive intelligence" -that we can access, at will - or ignore - because we have Free Will as well as Nature - who provides for our every need - unconditionally .... perfectly and intentionally so that we can experience Independence / sovereignty via a symbiotic/integral relationship with Nature - the way our Creator intended and designed Life to be - eternally - evolving

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:54 pm 

that's so fascinating!

I love the small goats and cats!

that's what I want to have someday!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:28 pm 
Posting Freak

big black clouds comming, so I am taking picture, before it hails all over my gardens ...of course I know better than to put anything that isn't super hardy - outdoors - before the second week of June ... after years of having to plant two gardens because I planted too soon ... which makes a green house really vital - to extend the growing time - without risking the late hail storms up here

the potatoes have been coming up all week, and so have the onions ...

the peas have been hid hard by rain, wind snow, and hail - but they just get stronger for the wear ... onions are fairly indestructible too
I'll wait another week, before I put the Romaine lettus in the empty row ... all ready for them -

the peppers are still in pots, recovering from being mailed here ... and being root bound (ordered two got six - and a broken one) the one in the lft foreground is the only one that wasn't damaged ... the "basket of fire " is blooming like crazy already .... and I picked the eggplant up in wally world ... if it grows the way it is supposed to, one will be enough HA

I terraced a little hill at the foot of the corn field, and planted two types of bush beans - two weeks apart, with beets in the middle - hoping to get enough to freeze this year ... I never seem to plant enough beans or peas ...

here's my crooked row of corn ... I will continue to plant rows, until the field is full - every two weeks, so that we have fresh corn, all summer and into the fall ...that row is at least fifty foot long ... it's a lot of work, but I think it is well worth it, when I taste that fresh organic food ...

the Aspen (and cedar tree) grove is looking great this year ... I put a fence around it, like I should have done (earlier) to the orchard ...

here is the corn field ..."before" ... looking down over the older played out garden ... I really love my new "wind-proof" waste high beds ... so easy to weed, without kneeling or bending ..

after being wiped out twice by snow, the asparagus is growing like crazy ... look closely to see (in front of the cages) the tiny spears, from the ones I planted this year ... next year I will have enough to share ... and for the next 40 years after

all the strawberries came up too ... the five from last year are huge and blooming You can see how the hail just shreds the rubarb, but it is growing new leaves all summer ... to go with the strawberries in a great summer pie

here is where the peppers will grow... and to the right of where the garlic is now, is where I have planted the spinach and will put my seedlings

I've been weeding all week, in the flower beds ... the goats ate all the tulips and daffys (sigh) but here is something they don't like to eat and it comes up all by its self ... weeds an all

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:48 pm 
Posting Freak

Onyks wrote:
that's so fascinating!

I love the small goats and cats!

that's what I want to have someday!

yes, it is really rewarding - taking a couple of "classes" in Nature ... the most difficult part about establishing a relationship with Nature, is finding your own plot of land ... Nature does the rest ... you add seeds and water ... keep the weeds at bay, and feed when needed - and Nature provides the rest ... ALL the rest ... the wood to build our home, the ore to build our cars ... it all comes from Nature ... in abundance - unconditionally - if you are willing to put your energy into Nature - it is most satisfying and rewarding

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:26 pm 

I don't doubt the reward at all... and the last years that have gone by, I've tried my best to put my energy into Nature. It is not easy (for me) since there are many distractions and other things that hinder the smooth flow... but the biggest problem is that I don't own anything, and I have to go on others terms... so it slows down the process... at least as I see it. And if I try to suggest something to other people I usually meet scorn or some form of suppression... it is as if the people I have met so far, are not ready for what I could accomplish... so scorn is the easy way out, rarely anyone wants to be humble... at least that's how I feel. Recently (and in the past years) I've experienced also, that those who have power, 99 % of the time abuse the [Censored] out of it... Sometimes I have struggled with humility, but I can forgive myself, move on and strive for improvement on the things I can improve.

Of course, I can complain about not having this or that, so being grateful for what I have is the key... I have the drive! and I'm getting better at many things... so I'll find a solution, in some way. I'll make it ! I just hope to stay as "fresh" as possible, and to make it "in good time" --- the clock is ticking and I'm concerned about many things.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:08 am 
Posting Freak

Onyks wrote:
I don't doubt the reward at all... and the last years that have gone by, I've tried my best to put my energy into Nature. It is not easy (for me) since there are many distractions and other things that hinder the smooth flow... but the biggest problem is that I don't own anything, and I have to go on others terms... so it slows down the process... at least as I see it. And if I try to suggest something to other people I usually meet scorn or some form of suppression... it is as if the people I have met so far, are not ready for what I could accomplish... so scorn is the easy way out, rarely anyone wants to be humble... at least that's how I feel. Recently (and in the past years) I've experienced also, that those who have power, 99 % of the time abuse the <b>[Censored]</b> out of it... Sometimes I have struggled with humility, but I can forgive myself, move on and strive for improvement on the things I can improve.

Of course, I can complain about not having this or that, so being grateful for what I have is the key... I have the drive! and I'm getting better at many things... so I'll find a solution, in some way. I'll make it ! I just hope to stay as "fresh" as possible, and to make it "in good time" --- the clock is ticking and I'm concerned about many things.

well, I hesitate to tell you, because I wouldn't want to discourage you ... but I had to work for 40 years to get my little hobby farm ... but then again, I wasn't as focused as you ... and easily distracted (by design) - while raising a family ... and it took me a while before I knew what I really wanted ... so the Universe could help me find it ... and I almost didn't recognize it ... but you can trust, that the Universe knows YOU, better than you think you know yourself ... and it WILL provide for you, just like Nature ... and Our Creator - who wants you to succeed and be WHOLE !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:15 pm 
Posting Freak

lots of progress in the garden this week ... not as much rain as I think we need, but I can water them with a hose ... I can hardly wait til Sun to take pictures, because everything is growing so fast in the sunshine, radiation, and all !

I put the peppers in the ground, (a week early) at the end of the row , there is one "icheban" egg plant ... to the left is a row of spinach, and the tall weed looking things are garlic ... to the right is a row of onions, with the one left over from last year starting to seed ... for a second crop (all by its self

would you believe how much the asparagus has grown in a week ... imagine a month HA

the peas are climbing up the fence ... the onions standing tall, and the freshly planted Romaine lettuce is just getting started

yellow crook-necked Summer squash is up (in four hills)

this is the one lonely zucchini that came up ( it may be all I need considering how big they get)

this is a cantaloupe (only one of a handful of seeds) no sign of the watermelon I planted at the same time in another hill

I am most pleased with the bush bean turn out - I just threw the beans down, I normally have to plant them three time - but the majic of rabbit gold - seems to be what it needed ... but the beets failed me - I've planted them twice now (in the row besides the beans) once as seedlings, and when they all croaked, I planted seeds and no sign of the corn either and I am still looking for cabbage starts

after a hard hail, I tore off all the shredded rhubarb ... it is growing right back ... with bright red stems!

check out the green strawberries ... this IS the "strawberry moon" so I expect some to ripen soon on last years crop - the carrots you see are what I planted last year, that never came up LOL

but I am really proudest of my potato patch - thanks to the rabbit gold ... it is staying soft and damp this year

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:30 am 
Posting Freak

this week flew by so fast ... everyday was perfect - just call me sponge bob :lol: ...I still worry about things ... it is a hard habbit to break, but more and more I trust " what IS, is what should be" ... if the garden get shredded by hail - I really don't have that much invested in it ... couple of bucks for the seeds ... my time planting and watering ... and some minor weeding ... Nature does all the work ... from seed to harvest -

pictures do speak a thousand words ...

starting indoors ... we see that everything doubles in size - in one week's time ... the cukes has two leaves last week , now they have four and are working on their fifth ... of the ten plants that are growing, only three will get big enough to climb and produce cucumbers

once they have three or four limbs, - doubling really is dramatic ... these are the tomatoes (organic "big beef steak toms"

here is the "yellow" tomato ... less acid ... sweeter fruit

looks like I am going to have four zuccini ... good thing my neighbors enjoy them too

potatoes are looking good ... getting tall ... and so are the onions

here is a summer (yellow cook-neck) squash ... I have five this week ... seeds still sprouting

the world, from the perspective of a "golden winter squash" that are just sprouting this week

now for my peppers ... this is the super HOT one, in the green house, behind it are "replacements" the lettuce and spinach - or just "extras"

the banana peppers got pretty beat up by the winds last week, but the spinach behind them managed to survive ...

the orange mini peppers are deeper into the garden so they are doing well, as is the garlic (behind) and the eggplant (rt side)

the aparagus "ferns" are taller than me now ... and full of flowers ... so amazing - how fast they grow

big strawberries on last years plants ... but the little ones have berries on them too ... all ten new plants bloomed !

the Romaine, peas and onions in this bed are doing great too! these peas are going to be tall ... and I still find new "seedlings" to transplant so they will be producing all summer long, in this bed on the cool (N) side of the garage ..

way back in the cornfield - things are growing like mad ... here is the bean patch

the "new" beans (brown) are sprouting as well - but not as thickly as the others (white) I'm hoping that they will fill in too

three time's the charm ... the beets are coming up in clumps ... I'll transplant them when they have some roots ... and space them out

corn's UP ... it will also need "thinning" ... but I am pleased that these three year old "seeds" sprouted at all ... the grass is almost a big as the corn, and I need to get that second row planted ... but it was so hot last week, I put it off ... but am encouraged by the results ...

OK that's it for this week ... I will add some pic of the goats ... I am hoping to sell most of them the first week in July ... we shall see how that goes ... but I am counting on what they will add to the expense of the farm ... they pay for everyone's feed ... good thing too, because I still have that bull HA !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:04 pm 
Posting Freak

Thank you for all you do! Truly , we are equal to All of life! Understanding the language is key! Love you sister ! : ? }

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:12 pm 
Posting Freak

and thank you too Shay, its my pleasure to share my "finding" via gardening, but not all of the "good stuff" makes it til Sunday - I eat the strawberries as they ripen - without so much as taking a picture :mrgreen:

I was complaining about the lack of rain ... knowing that my fields need it just as much as my garden ... but at the same time KNOWing, that the hail often comes in the rain - through-out the growing season --- that and the goats could destroy a garden in a matter of minutes ... so I am grateful for every day that the garden survives ... the hail doesn't kill a garden, it just makes it really ugly HA ... this is - so far- the most beautiful garden I have grown here ... not the biggest, but the most cared for ... I spend about an hour a day in the garden ... I don't consider it work, but it is good exercise - and a great excuse to get some sunshine.

I can hardly wait for Sunday, this week...because it DID rain twice (hailed lightly) this week, and the effect is "magical" but even more concerning, there was a lot of (damaging) wind - and that is why very few of my neighbors garden - and why I resorted to digging holes to plant in, in the "old" garden and now have created raised beds in sheltered areas ... one of my extended neighbors, grows her gardens in raised boxes ... four foot tall, and wide and eight ft long - half filled with dirt - to shelter her garden from the wind ... they are easily weeded and can be covered with an old sheet for a greenhouse effect - where there is a will, there is a way ... the first garden in this topic, remember, was indoors, in the Winter HA ... 8) I didn't grow potatoes in that one ...

I'm convinced that growing one's own garden, is how our Creator intended for us to know Human/Nature - our Neanderthal ancestors didn't get that far ... but --- eating foods, that were imprinted by your touch as you put them into the ground, sustained by your breath, fed by water and sunlight ---CONSCIOUSLY - is an evolutionary step from "hunter/gatherer" in Humanities process of self-realization ... Nature offers us a consistent, optimal state of well being ... unconditionally --- by design

we are integral ... earth, water, light, air and our conscious awareness = Sovereignty / Self-realization 8)
the very fact that Nature provides for our every need, proves (to me) that we were intended to be Independent
and that it is never to late for me to "do the right thing" for myself

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:51 am 
Posting Freak

this is the fourth week of the garden, and when things really take off, --- most veggies require a 90 day growing period ... the first month the seeds get established, from the root system up - the second month the support/ leafy system of the plant grows to maturity, and flowers --the third month it produces its "fruit" ---- so we are well into phase II now with the peas, strawberries, potatoes, peppers all starting to bloom - the potatoes have just about filled in the in the rows - with their bushy plants ...as you have seen , in the pictures, but I dropped the camera a week ago , and it must have done something "fatal" because everything I focus on is a blur - you could see some distortion in last weeks pictures, but the "flaw" became much worse ... and now there is a "back-light glow" and a black spot ... and a distortion right in the middle where I focus ...but the pictures I took yesterday are not fit to post this week, IMO ... I ordered a new camera, and it should be here, mid week and I will take a new batch of pictures then ... "come HAIL or high water" - :lol:

it's really no fun, without the pictures ...

I put Pete and Mr Moo up for sale on Craig's list ... hated to do it, but they are eating me out of house and home, and they are a quite skilled at busting through the fences now ... as a team ... it is time for them to go ... I tried my best to get the bull to the butcher, but so far - everything I have tried (starting in March) has failed ... I thought it was "fate" and that he should stay, but now that he and Pete are destroying property, and will likely destroy some that isn't mine --- if they keep getting free ... it is time to do what needs to be done ... they have to GO ... my neighbor with small kids is freaking freely - they got into their fields yesterday ... I don't blame her - I would have reacted the same way .

the "regulations" concerning the "harvesting of livestock" are quite complicated now days ... The State/County provides a "slaughter house" but that is the last place you want to take your animals to be killed ... it is a highly stressful - un necessary trip - which all but renders their meat unfit to eat, due to all the adrenilin injected into it in the last minutes before death - unless you plan on all hamburger - you can forget about using the expensive "official" slaughter houses - and getting the animal from your home to them is still your responsibility .... so, alternatively, you can kill and process your own livestock or you can hire a state certified, "harvester" who typically comes to your farm, and takes your animal off property, where he is set up to do his part in the process (kill, skin, and transport the carcass -to your local butcher) --- he waits until the animal is calm and feeling content and no longer pumping "fear" into the muscles ... it's not quite a "kosher kill" but it is close enough - and once the meat is aged properly, you will never want to eat another "store-bought" piece of meat again ... because the difference is quite apparent in the first bite ...

as it turns out, my local "harvester" expected me to "load up" the bull into his trailer, without a ramp or a chute ... which has proved to be impossible ... he was injured (by a hog) last year, and is unwilling to help in this part of the process, and I just can't do that ( make the bull jump three feet up into his trailer - and don't have "family" to help me (as he expected) ... the trailer has been sitting here - for a month now ... Mr Moo is not going to get up in it no matter how much food I put in it ... so I am forced to sell him - to someone who can load him up - which is very disappointing - considering how much I have invested in him ... even if I did get him for "free" I have fed him through two Winters ... and that isn't cheap considering how much hay a cow will waste and grain that I provided ... unless you have ten acres - you have to feed them - I figure I spent about $1500 - growing him up - there isn't any fat on him - thanks to his genes - he is as good as beef gets ... Raising your own meat, is not cheaper than buying it --- you just KNOW what you are eating, what it was exposed to and how it was "processed" ... which IMO makes all the difference in the world ... an 800lb bull, will only give me about 300 lbs of meat ... which all things considered = averages out to about $6 a lb ... Of course, if you do the "harvesting" yourself ... you can save some money, but you usually "barter" for help, with cuts of beef ... so not really

My neighbors raise hogs ... and then quit, because they said they weren't saving money ... after a year of buying store-bought meat ... they went back to raising their own pigs again this Spring ... they said that even the kids would not eat the meat they bought at the store and after a couple of months they just stopped eating pork all together --- they said even the bacon was like eating leather, compared to their own home grown pork - they said, it was worth the work and money - to KNOW what they were eating.

Unless you KNOW the difference - you are probably content with store-bought meat ... but once you KNOW - it is hard to go back to eating what the stores have to offer ... that most likely was raised in UNnatural living conditions (feed lots) could possibly be a clone - and was killed thoughtlessly - it is tasteless and the texture is all wrong ... this goes for veggies and fruits as well ... and needless to say, it gets even worse and less nutritious when GMOs are added - and they are mass produced ... I am convinced that what we are paying, dearly to eat now days - is intentionally designed to - at the very least, to shorten our life spans (by shutting down our immune systems) - dramatically ... it has very little, if any nutritional value - and is jammed full of chemicals - which again, are intended to drastically reduce the population of the earth that depend upon them ... The elite don't eat from stores ... they raise their own food - for good reason

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:37 pm 
Posting Freak

OK new point and click camera came yesterday at dark... so I took these this AM ...

here is the garden around the garage today ... as you can see, after the first month of establishing themselves - the seedlings really take off, almost everything is blooming now

the asparagus is really getting full ...

the eggplant is growing tall - and the "mini orange" peppers are nice and full despite the wind

the banana peppers are growing great and blooming too, and you can actually SEE the row of spinach now

on the "cool" side of the garage, the peas are blooming and forming seed pods this week, the Romaine looks luscious and the bull would love to be in there munching down on them

Rubarb to the right and strawberries on the left, growing great

how great? well check out these ever-bearing plants from last year ... already eaten many, but saved these to show y'all

and then there are the potatoes, who are tall and blooming too

I planted "autum gold" squash in front, even though they didn't come up last year ... they ALL came up this year ... see them close to the log Image

one of the four "crook neck yellow summer squash " they will prob bloom next week

here are the four zucchini ...

and the one lonely cantaloupe ... no watermelons this year either

Last edited by starduster on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:54 pm 
Posting Freak

now for the beans and corn ... planted in the Aspen grove

finally it looks somewhat like a garden ....

here are the white (blue-lake) bush beans ... with flowers on some of them

here are the beets that still need to be thinned

and here are the red bush beans (seeds were three years old) which are still filling in ... but very sparce

and the corn is finally higher than the grass next to it ... HA

here is the progress of the onions that I planted last year, which have gone to seed
first they make a little tent ...

then the tent splits open and bursts into bloom --- you wait a week or so, until the blooms turn black and scatter the seeds - for your second crop this year

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:17 pm 
Posting Freak

and finally what's growing in the green house
I put the parakeets out there, thinking they would love it ... and they did, I let them loose to fly all over, but that turned out to be a mistake, because the older one drown in the water tank ... boo hoo ... I'm afraid to let the other one out ... I bought her to replace the one that Mimsey ate - because she was so lonely, and now I will have to buy a mate for the new one HA ( they live for 20 years!) Anyway ... here is the Yellow tomato, you can barely see, but in the middle , close to the bottom it is blooming ... it will take another month - but that is the start of the tomatoes

here is my "basket of fire" ... the flowers turn into green peppers that are "done" when they turn bright red ... great for spicy meals

lots of "free-starts" coming up in the beds where tomatoes fell last year... I imagine that these will be some "cherry" sized tomatoes

here are the organic Big Boy tomatoes - blooming away already

the cukes are growing slow, but they are starting to crawl out of their buckets ...

and remember that Banana tree I planted last year ... look how much it has grown ! It was susposed to be a "dwarf" and is pushing for more room ... shading the marijuana nicely

I was very disappointed that I couldn't get any cabbage seeds to sprout, nor could I find them in the stores ... waaa I love fresh cabbage, steamed, fried, in a slaw or a soup ... but how can I complain, when my garden is so full now ? I can't ... I am genuinely grateful for the garden(s) this year ... maybe I should take pictures every year ---- but in the past, I haven't had as much luck - either the wind - hail or early frost managed to reduce most of my previous gardens to " something you don't brag much about" even if I did get some return for my efforts - this is the best so far ... in many ways ... sheltered from the wind, close to the house (and hose) and easy to cover ... Live and Learn! :mrgreen:

I think the new camera did great ! ... these little things only last about two years at the most ... I keep getting the Cannon brand, because then I can keep the same batteries and memory cards - ha ... this "upgraded" one has 20.1 mega pixels and 8x zoom ... I buy the "refurbished" ones for anywhere between $25-50 bucks (without insurance) because I know they have gotten all the "bugs" out , and that I will have to replace them - so why spend a hundred bucks ? when they only last til you drop them :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:39 am 
Posting Freak

an hour after taking these pictures - a big black cloud rolled up, and hailed ice shards on me .... as I watched, not able to go out and cover the garden ... I was certain, it would do like so many others I have watched, and just move on, without dropping any rain ... boy was I wrong ... because it rained hard for a hour, with thunder and lightening ... and before I could even get out to assess the damage, along came another storm ... that is when I should have looked at the weather map - because it would have shown me three storms all with hail - and I could have been prepared and covered some of the garden ... but noooooooooo

like I've said ... it doesn't really "kill" the garden, just makes it ugly ... and reduces the harvest sometimes ...but nature Prunes - indiscriminately ... the hail not only strips leaves in the garden, it strips leaves off of all my trees and bushes ...fortunately, they all "bounce" back .. by design ... but the fields REALLY needed the moisture, in no matter what form ... ... and I was DEMANDING, the Universe (no less) - you have to be careful what you wish for :shock:

these were taken between the second and third storms ... the last one was, of course, the worst/best ... but by dark, most of the plants were on their way to recovery ... "wat don't kill ya, makes ya stronger"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:20 pm 
Posting Freak

changing the subject ... this is the month when everything gets sold ... the Billy was first ... and found a new home with 75 nannys to service ... the Bull was supposed to be first , and we tried, but he is still here ... the five Nannys that I have for sale are also going to the guy who bought Pete ... so that was great (no stranger-danger dealing with craig's list)- but this week we are focused on the kittens ... this camera takes some great shots ... this looks like an oil painting LOL ...

it is so interesting to me to see how their "genes" express themselves ... the "copper" colored eyes of the Manx, combined with the blue of the Siamese -become a pale green ... the cream colored cat (foreground) has almost no tail, the brown "tabby" has half a tail, and the black and white that looks just like his dad, has an extra long one ... and the silver stripped kitten has an extra long tail ... but they all have "kinks" of the Manx and the courage of the Siamese - they play really hard ... and even go outdoors at night ... not dumb - fearless HA

so, the next one was a little blurry, but this is one illusive kitten- so it will have to do ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:17 pm 
Posting Freak

OK , so I have gone a little overboard, with the new camera, but I promised pics of the chickens and bunnies (English Lop crossed with Australian giants) a while back ... here is six out of the seven rabbits ... in their "ghetto" inside the covered chicken pen ...

the brown one, in the foreground and the black one in the background are the only two of my original chickens left ... and I still have a dozen of the the other(RhodeIsland) Red Heavys and the half French rooster
as you can see the gate is open, but they stay in their yard, and refuse to "free-range" anymore because (mainly) of all the big birds of prey around now that the coyotes are gone
this rooster is a cross between my French rooster, and the old black hen that went broody

right after I took this shot (above) of the rooster, he rushed up and attacked my boot ... and NAILED, me with his spike, and poked a hole in my leg ... WTF ? I think the camera noise was some sort of chicken battle cry, because he as never done that ... and will NEVER get away with it again, because I will "net" him from now own ... ow - it really bled a lot and hurt all night ... don't think chickens are "defenseless" for one moment! Mr Brown doesn't get close to them at all ... and certainly doesn't go in their pen HA

Here is a pic that shows how fast the goats grow ... they are all eating grain now ... and almost the size of their mothers ... I' won't sell these "dwarfs" until Fall, I want their mothers to stay "fresh" (in milk) as long as possible .... if this Civil war we are having, goes, hot, I still want cream for my coffee 8)

oh waaaa - everything is bigger than Mr Brown now !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:39 am 
Posting Freak

well - so much for sharing photobucket pictures ... go figure, the ultimate WORST photo sharing website - now wants me to PAY them for putting up with their extraordinarily BAD service ... which is bad enough, but after sticking with them - for over a decade - and putting up with their incompetence ... they demand payment if I dare share a link ... and they will prob get it, from someone other than me, considering how many people pay for Franken-foods and bottled tap water :roll:

HA! they even stripped me of my Avatard ... :shock: ... after ten years of using this site to get urls for my pics ---- it comes to this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:47 am 

I saw your last post before the pics disappeared. The goats are looking great! The hail layer and the clouds were impressive !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:22 pm 

Since there are no pictures of garden at the moment -I'll add my own

So here is:

the potato is looking good, different sowings, this is the latest, the green in the back there is a mix mash of potato and anything else that has found its way up from the cow dung

the onion plant is about to flower

small red onions coming up and a bit of garlic at the back, but I couldn't fill the whole space because I ran out of onions.

strawberry has turned red, and is slouching after transplant... they might be better next year. I did see a bee pollinate the flowers.

some cherries in the cherry tree, I hope this one makes it, it has been looking quite good since transplant - I also transplanted lilac and maple trees.

and here's something coming up... I sowed dill seeds, it is good with potato salad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11