WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A 3rd perspective of the wm poem
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:15 am 

According to Neruda interview2,there are 2 perspectives of the wm poem
Dr. Neruda: "In my opinion it was to provide a broader perspective into the particular theme represented by a specific chamber. The poetry appears to be designed in such a way to provide both a personal and universal perspective in each of the chambers--but again, it's just a working hypothesis at this time."

I think the 2nd poetry of chamber2--"Language of Innocence",when it compared with another poetry "ALL I EVER WANTED"(a poetry in the booklet from AA CD 18-24,the booklet contains some poems unreleased)
it shows a 3rd perspective .
it obviously shows a perspective between personal and universal,just like a person talks with the universe.
and this give us a more broader perspective about the poem(painting)

Post subject: Re: A 3rd perspective of the wm poem
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:27 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
wow YHG, this is very interesting ... I had all but forgotten that booklet that came with the the "volume 3" cd and went immediately to see if I still had it ... because I tossed all my cd cases as soon as I got them, and put them and their cover art in a special cd holder that I bought for "all things WM" --- and there it was ... like an unopened gift. I even went so far as to download the Poetry that came on the CH 10 disk back on to my computer as a "screen-saver" - it never worked well on my first computer ... maybe it will work on this one (my third)

In the Creator section, James talks about how difficult it was to "translate" the sensory data of the Poetry - into our modern language ... even though the Art he "translated" moved, and the music had to be embedded with frequencies that we aren't even aware of - he said the poetry was the most difficult to "put into words" ... I can't really appreciate it - because I have no "use" for poetry ... I don't like the way it "beats around the bush" ... I associate it with "schmooze" :lol: - to me it doesn't require any talent to obscure what you mean to say - any one can write poetry ... even me ... but like I said I have no "use" for it ... unless it is the words to a song. This is not to say that I have ignored the WM's Poetry ... I have studied them in unison with the Art, Music and Philosophies for many years ... until I felt quite comfortable with them but only because that was what was suggested for greater understanding ... I still don't "unterstand" them - but I understand their purpose.

but I do appreciate your perspective of the WMMs ... and what you have pointed out ... it never ceases to amaze me, that you are finding one thing after another, that a thousand other members - all missed and that we have never discussed before ...