WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Go vegan and nobody gets hurt
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:25 am 

maybe related --->

Quote:
after just 10 days his and his companions' appearances were better than those who ate the choice food of the king (1:15).

Daniel seems to have known that his choice of diet was better for him (1:12). I believe, based upon these facts, that Daniel was a vegetarian, if not a vegan, before his captivity.

The way in which Daniel speaks of "defilement" (1:8) also could be pointing to the ethical side of not taking a life. This is further amplified in 2:24 when he intercedes for the "wise men", who didn't even believe in God, that their lives would be spared. I believe that ethically and spiritually, Daniel considered the taking of any life or participating in the death by doing nothing to prevent it, as with the wise men, was defilement. In the case of an animal the defilement would come by killing it or by eating it.

This concept brings forth the Eden, no death, diet as God's true intent for the people of Daniel's day, too. And if this is true, which I believe it is, it also adds a great deal of credibility and importance to our living as vegans, today. http://www.all-creatures.org/discuss/svtdaniel.html

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=da ... gle+Search

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:24 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Oba! Oh thank you!

Such excellent posts and points! I just can't think of anything to add at the moment. (Except I will add some things about the sentience of plants when I've finished researching a couple of points).

Yes the video above was horrific and I wish I had not watched. But the TODAY show video was much worse. It showed the entire thing. Some say the sound does not come on in the video above. With sound there was horrible bellowing.

The thing that got me (and my husband was the gentle sweetness of the cows. I cried for the poor cow who stumbled to her feet after being prodded with the electric prod from a feces lined floor. She could not stand completely. She staggered forward to start up the ramp, dragging a half full milk sack (udder). I don't want any more animals cows to have to go through that for ME.

You story about Daniel is one of my favorites from the bible. As I've said earlier in this thread. MY son is always the strongest most atletic in any group of children we do sports with. Whenever I see him I am reminded of that story.

Thank you again.

Every day to those who give me the opportunity to exercise Spiritual Maturity, I am grateful and give thanks

This is not a time of individual ascension and then dutiful service to teach. . . .
~J~

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:29 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Golda wrote:
Slaughter of any kind is in the mind set of 3D reality - survival mode; but what are these energies doing to the whole planet? This energy awareness is realized by very few. The horrific slaughter of thousands of animals everyday adds a lot of 'black' energy to the planet that needs to be transmuted into Light. How many people even give this a thought? This 'black' energy has a tremendous effect on the planet, more than most people would ever believe: but then there's no point talking about it because people have to come to this awareness on their own.

I may have replied to you before but this comes to mind.

It's SO good to see you again Golda. I always loved your energy signature. Thank you for being a person living anddemonstrating the Heart Virtue of "Compassion" to animlals.

Every day to those who give me the opportunity to exercise Spiritual Maturity, I am grateful and give thanks

This is not a time of individual ascension and then dutiful service to teach. . . .
~J~

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:12 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
oba....no real "proof" that Daniel was a vegan...but undoubtedly he was "kosher" (or whatever it was called before the Talmund) and restricted his diet to what Moses defined as "clean" food...that which cheweth the cud, with cloven hoofs...bla bla bla. I was taught that he avoided any hint of "unclean" food by sticking to "pulse" ... to keep the "law"...while in exile

Abraham, highly respected as a "friend of God"....ate meat, and even served it to the "Lord"

Quote:
7 Then he ran to the herd and selected a choice, tender calf and gave it to a servant, who hurried to prepare it. 8 He then brought some curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared, and set these before them. While they ate, he stood near them under a tree.

Jesus ate fish and at the Passover ate the traditional food, which includes roast lamb...the Priest offered animal sacrifices and ate the "choice" parts and God ordered Abramham to slaughter animals:

Quote:
9 So the LORD said to him, "Bring me a heifer, a goat and a ram, each three years old, along with a dove and a young pigeon."

10 Abram brought all these to him, cut them in two and arranged the halves opposite each other; the birds, however, he did not cut in half. 11 Then birds of prey came down on the carcasses, but Abram drove them away.

...I won't go into what Paul said but his words are what the christians believe lifted all Jewish taboos on food...so trying to make a Judo/Christian link is pretty futile even though some do...dispite these "scriptures":

Quote:
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. Timothy:4, 1-3

in the story of Cain and Able, the offering of meat was accepted and the veggies rejected

Peter was told by the spirit:“Rise, Peter, kill, and eat” (Acts 10:9-13)

“For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs” (Romans 14:2).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:31 pm 

Thank you Oona. Your choice of words is accurate. I am "living" the heart virtue. I just want to point out that not everyone on this planet needs to "practice" the heart virtues. There are many of us that 'are' these virtues.

I didn't watch the video either. I don't want or need to. I'm well aware of the atrocities that go on. The energy resonances from these activities puts my energy system into a type of shock; that's the best way I can describe it's effect on me. This activity is in the 'light' for all to see. There are slaughterhouse cams on the web for any one that can tolerate watching them. It's no big secret. Unfortunately these scenes have little or no effect on many people.

The first step to an expanded awareness or enlightenment, is the realization that we are all from the same source, that we are all one. It is seeing & appreciating the divine spirit in all. And this means ALL life everywhere, not just the human species. It is feeling that all life is precious; even feeling that the life of someone trying to kill you is precious. The heart centre will never open & activate fully until this 'love' is felt for all species everywhere, on a cosmic level. And by 'cosmic level' I'm referring to alien species.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:28 pm 
Posting Freak

exactaly Golda, the point I was trying to make...ALL life, and I agree with your first point also, about living the virtues being some people's "nature"... not needing "practice" because it is an automatic response...and I can't watch this stuff either...nor do I rubberneck accidents on the road...

the only thing I would question is your perspective of "enlightenment"... are you saying people must be vegans to be enlightened...or that they just are required to respect all life?

I sincerely believe if those who have so much concern for animals, had equal amounts of concern for humans...it would be a far better world...not that humans neccessarily deserve MORE...but that we should have equal empathy for all of life's forms...insects, reptiles, minerals, fowl, fish, planets, and plants, as well as animals.

PS are you watching that moon...it is in full elipse NOW...and so awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:48 pm 

Quote:
starduster : Abraham, highly respected as a "friend of God"....ate meat, and even served it to the "Lord"

haha. that 'god' was likely Enlil/Jehova, a rather violent minded type. :o

it will take a little more clarity yet to distill the 'will of G' thing.

(some of these 'G's pop up in various scriptures telling their people to do certain rude things.
"it's an edict, dang you" ..... & you wonder a bit .... )

Quote:
So the LORD said to him, "Bring me a heifer, a goat and a ram, each three years old, along with a dove and a young pigeon."

again .... that the same 'lord' who does ethnic cleansing or is that a different edition ..?
I'm trying to be more careful lately about these 'lords' .... heh ...
wink wink :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:18 am 

...respect of all life of course, which leads most people to go vegan eventually.

I did see the eclipse. The sky was perfectly clear here & I'm in the mountains so I had a good view. I would have watched the whole thing sitting out on the deck if it wasn't so cold out, plus there's 3 feet of snow on it.

My Backyard:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:43 pm 
Posting Freak

not intending to go off topic, but I believe that the ellipse is a wonderful example of all life, expressing that "respect"...there is a palatable sense of hushed Awe, during the time when the light is in the shadow, expressed by the entire planet's life forms...as they hold their breath in wonder waiting for that which nourishes us all to be revealed again...The "higher" life forms trust that it is a momentary lapse and adapt quickly to the diffused light, while those more dependent upon photosynthesis seem to reach out in a unamanous plea for what they understand, perhaps more perfectly, is needed the most... for what they are conscious of as life sustaining.

I believe the world was created to emphasis the principal of sharing...what we have, and what we are.

we take, with little thanks, from each life form, what we need...oxygen from the plants, heat from the insects, proteins (and pleasure) from the animals, and wisdom from each other...the Universe asks only to be appreciated, for us to accept the Plan, and demonstrate compassion and understanding...to be humble of our place on the "food chain" and respectful of the role of others... forgiving of those who are not yet aware of this interconnection...and valiantly sharing their all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:18 am 
Posting Freak

The blueprint of exploration is the genetic substrate of your design, and all of the so-called "lower" life forms are the "limbs" of your species. Without them, you could not exist. And so the composite life form is truly the species of which we speak when we speak of the human species. We do not separate you from the plant and animal kingdoms. We see them as one composite species. It is your scientists who have chosen to separate the one species into billions of sub-species because wholeness cannot be classified and analyzed.

The tools of the mind suppress the true nature of your species. Only when you observe with the frequency of equality foremost in your heart and mind, can you bypass this suppression and feel the linkages that organize your specie into a master organism.

Philo 3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:49 am 

Profound personal transformation is initiated by the realization that you are capable of direct access to the Divine. This is the realization that the wisdom of the Divine is discovered deep within your own soul. In other words, your body, complete with its physical, mental, and emotional capabilities, is not the repository of your sacred intentions. Nor is your mind able to reach out and access this divine inner calling which tirelessly beckons, inviting you towards the glorious joy of ever deeper connection with All That Is. It is the soul that is the harbor of your divine essence. And it is the soul that is the vehicle of access to the awakening of your sacred intentions, which opens the door to profound transformation through the integration of your body, mind, heart, and soul.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:47 am 
 WWW  Profile

I saw the eclipse too Golda. My husband and son and I went to a local Community College to their planetarium. It wastruly beautiful.

Backto topic: This was a wonderful piece of news today A baseball player was moved by the recent newsabout the brutality in slaughter.:D

Brewers' hefty slugger showed up to camp on Wednesday and dropped the mother of bombshells for someone of his considerable size: He is now a vegetarian. After learning the dirty truth about how cows are cut up, he now eats no meat and no fish but he does consume plenty of ketchup-drowned Boca Burgers.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

It wasn't always this way. Fielder used to enjoy a stacked burger or a juicy steak as much as any carnivore, but a few weeks ago he received a book from his wife, Chanel, that changed his outlook on what he puts in his massive frame. The book described how certain animals are treated and slaughtered for food.

"After reading that, (meat) just didn't sound good to me anymore," Fielder said. "It grossed me out a little bit. It's not a diet thing or anything like that. I don't miss it at all."

Over here at the BLS, I wish Fielder the best of luck with his new lifestyle, especially once he reports back to the knockwurst-laden burg of Milwaukee.

But I speak from experience when I say it's not going to be easy. While a sophomore at the UW, I once tried to dabble in vegetarianism, but it only lasted all of about five or six hours. I blame Madison's famous Plazaburgers for the death of my idealism.

Because how are you supposed to say no to an all-beef patty topped with a lot of secret sauce and grilled with just the right amount of love? If Prince bucks the odds and continues being all-veggie, all-the-time, I'd like him to tell me.

MORE FROM THE ARTICLE Some blog-type comments

• Diet fit for a Prince / Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
• Tofu prince? / Chuckie Hacks

If you have news or tips for 'Duk, send e-mail to bigleaguestew@yahoo.com.

Email this Entry More MLB Entries
434 CommentsPost a Comment Join the discussion. Here you'll see the comments in the order that they were posted.

1 1 - 10 of 434 First | < Previous | Next > | Last
Hm and I thought he became a vegetarian to shed some pounds so he could flirt with 40-40 this season

Flaming Ninja posted on Thursday, Feb 21, 2008 10:27 pm ESTReport Abuse

Being a vegetarian is the smart thing to do for many reasons. Congratulations Prince! It will improve your health as well contrary to what some people believe. For more information please read "Diet for a new America" by John Robbins!

Thomas W posted on Thursday, Feb 21, 2008 10:40 pm ESTReport Abuse

I give him 3 months!

killbill posted on Thursday, Feb 21, 2008 10:45 pm ESTReport Abuse
There are dozens of reason to not eat meat, I'm just stoked to see someone at this level of sport go vegetarian.

Stu Brown posted on Friday, Feb 22, 2008 12:20 am ESTReport Abuse
Plzaburgers are capable of killing ideas. Once the Prince realizes he needs either a steak a week or a daily dose of HGH if he wants to hit 40 HR's again in the big leagues he'll buck Bocaurgers.
HawaiianHawk posted on Friday, Feb 22, 2008 1:25 am ESTReport Abuse
the wheez posted on Friday, Feb 22, 2008 2:11 am ESTReport Abuse
Being a vegitarian is good if you want the build of an 5'2" asain, but not for baseball. Get some protien in you're diet u weak b@$*@rd

NOTICE THE MENTALITY! LOL :lol: :lol:

Ron Mexico posted on Friday, Feb 22, 2008 2:12 am ESTReport Abuse

what about the awful ways those seeds are plucked from their rightful resting place!? or corn yanked from their stalks! the horror. If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of tasty meats.

This mentality still eludes me??? :| :(

Eric. posted on Friday, Feb 22, 2008 2:13 am ESTReport Abuse
hank arron was a vegetarian and so was issac newton and einstein. you think he might be out of his league?!

THE EINSTEIN FACTOR IS WHAT ONE THING THAT CAUSED MY GRANDFATHER TO BECOME VEGETARIAN. I HAVE THAT TO THANK FOR MY BEING 3rd GENERATION. :D

mack posted on Friday, Feb 22, 2008 2:21 am ESTReport Abuse
i wonder if he realizes the glove and shoes he wears are made of the same cow.
reh posted on Friday, Feb 22, 2008 2:23 am ESTReport Abuse
1 - 10 of 434 First | < Previous | Next > | Last Sign In to Post a Comment

We've got to get back to the garden.

Love All Ways

Oona

~J~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:39 pm 
Posting Freak

purification is a requirement of upper evolutionary creation. Highest Level Info - Must Read

Preparing for Galactic-Human Form by the Pleiadians
Currently, many of you are undergoing a radical cellular shift, one that has been transmitted to your biological form via your DNA. Your DNA has also been altered and upgraded over the last cycle and is suitably prepared now to enter into a state of heightened receptivity. The biological form is soon to follow.

Many are preparing at this stage of awakening to embody the full prototype of the human template. This template was designed to be a conduit for interstellar awareness in biological form. The process of this rewiring requires a dramatic shift in consciousness to enable the electrical and synaptic receptors to function properly within the reformed infrastructure.

Together, the two components of interstellar awareness and physical embodiment procure the necessary elements for optimum health, longevity and vital nourishment for maintaining equilibrium. Those who have sufficiently cleared their vessels of impurities and lower thought forms will be capable to fully embody this new template within a matter of weeks.

The process that each of you are experiencing is a necessary adjustment period as you prepare to enter into your galactic forms. The galactic-human form is one that requires a clear template for full embodiment and the current energy that is seemingly pressing down upon many is to purify for the point of entry.

This is not an easy time, as many are accustomed to being in control of their physical health. However, as the new templates activate to engage in the new earth frequencies, many will find that they no longer have the proper knowledge or resources to care for their well being within the existing paradigm structure. This will naturally push many beyond their limits and into the vastness of galactic consciousness. The first wave ascensioners will have a vital role to play in assisting these souls through the awakening of the galactic lightbody.

The point of preparing your biology for this final clearing is to ensure optimum success for entering more fully into the rapidly moving energy of 5D. The 5D energy portals that many have experienced through the cycle of initiation, however blissful, will pale in comparison to the ongoing reflective and refractive energy of this new space. We say reflective and refractive by way of the upgraded dimensional interface of new earth's paradigm.

This new interface will encompass great changes in the velocity of light and transference of energy affecting creational matter. Because of this, it is imperative that the new human template be completely cleansed of any lower vibrating forces. If one were to enter into the higher frequencies ill-equipped, the rapid rate of transference could potentially become hazardous. In this way, purification is a requirement of upper evolutionary creation.

The incubative period at present serves a dual purpose. To purify the physical body for a complete overhaul and to acknowledge any outworn behaviors or characteristics in need of upgrading. This work will greatly enhance the experience of the soul in the coming days.

The human body is undergoing a rigorous restructure, but soon following will be a time of great expansion and liberation for the soul. The liberation that we refer to is the freedom to escape the realms of thought that trap the soul in limitation and fear. The purified soul will be capable of ascertaining the new earth frequencies necessary for the rebuilding of a new earth society, one based in love, compassion, creativity and free-will.

As each of you complete the final restructuring, you will find that there will be new ways of caring for the physical form. Homeostasis can be achieved fairly easily, but tending to the body will be imperative for optimum balance.

You are arriving in a space that requires toxic-free living, thinking and feeling and energy must be clean and clear so as to not distort your field. This means that lower vibrational foods, environmental and social toxins will not be tolerated well.

We highly recommend a more macro-biotic diet to ensure your physical needs are met and we also urge you to align with joy as frequently as possible to re-energize and stay fit. These two requirements will keep you in an overall state of harmony and wellness. You will soon find that you attract these needs with great ease.

A true test of diligence is upon you, stay in the light of hope and you will fair well. We are your galactic comrades guiding you through this essential phase to bring you to your truth as a co-creator of the divine.

You are on the threshold of an entirely new reality, your purpose as way-showers has served humanity well. Soon you will live fearlessly and walk in the luminosity of your fully embodied soul. Farewell friends, we are The Pleiadians.

[link to manifestwiththemasters.blogspot.com]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:18 am 
Posting Freak

Philosophy

Followers of the macrobiotic approach believe that food and food quality powerfully affect health, wellbeing, and happiness. The macrobiotic approach suggests choosing food that is less processed and more natural, and employing more traditional methods of cooking for family, friends, and oneself.

One goal of the macrobiotic philosophy and practice is to become sensitive to the true effects of foods on health and wellbeing. In this way, one goes beyond rules and regulations concerning diet to choosing foods that sustains one's health. Dietary guidelines help one to develop sensitivity and an intuitive sense for what sustains one's health and wellbeing in diet as well as in relationships and activities.

Macrobiotics emphasizes locally grown whole grain cereals, pulses (legumes), vegetables, seaweed, fermented soy products and fruit, combined into meals according to the principle of balance (known as yin and yang). Dietary recommendations include whole grains, such as brown rice, and other whole grain products, such as buckwheat pasta (soba); a variety of cooked and raw vegetables; beans and bean products, such as tofu, tempeh and miso; ; mild natural seasonings; fish; nuts and seeds; mild (non-stimulating) beverages, such as bancha twig tea; and fruit.

Nightshade vegetables, including tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant; also spinach, beets and avocados are forbidden (or used sparingly) in macrobiotic cooking, as they are considered extremely yin.[3] Some macrobiotic practitioners also discourage the use of nightshades due to the alkaloid solanine, thought to affect calcium balance.

Macrobiotics is considered an approach to life rather than a diet. General Guidelines for the diet are:

* Whole Cereal Grains, especially brown rice: 50-60%
* Vegetables: 25-30%
* Beans and Vegetables: 5-10 %
* Miso soup: 5%

The remainder is composed of fish and seafood, seeds and nuts, seed and nut butters, seasonings, sweeteners, fruits, and beverages. Other naturally raised animal products may be included if needed during dietary transition or according to individual needs.

Macrobiotic eating follows the principle of balance (called yin and yang in China). Products that are extreme are not suggested for regular use. No foods are forbidden, but better quality natural foods are always suggested.

Foods that are overstimulating can exhaust the body and mind. These are classified as extreme yin (stimulating) in their effects:

* Sugar
* Alcohol
* Honey
* Coffee
* Chocolate
* Refined flour products
* Very hot spices
* Chemicals and preservatives
* Commercial milk, yogurt and soft cheeses
* Poor quality vegetable oils

Foods that are very concentrated, heavy and dense, create stagnation. These have yang (strengthening but stagnating effects if overconsumed).

* Poultry
* Meat
* Eggs
* Refined salt

Foods that create balance are whole grains, vegetables, beans, sea vegetables, fruit from the local environment, nuts, and seeds. Foods such as these are used in a macrobiotic way of eating.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:22 pm 
 WWW  Profile

A library of links to help you if you have decided to have more compassion for animals but don't know hwere to start. Or even if you've already made the committment and simply wish to expand.

http://www.amys.com/faq/links.php

A link to help you find Vegan-vegetarian places when traveling

http://www.ivu.org/

~J~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:28 pm 
 WWW  Profile

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm

Summary
It is very easy for a vegan diet to meet the recommendations for protein, as long as calorie intake is adequte. Strict protein combining is not necessary; it is more important to eat a varied diet throughout the day.

http://www.vrg.org/index.htm

~J~

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:49 pm 
 WWW  Profile

to all the vegans still out there, based on my experience the choice to eat meat again, after a strictly vegan lifestyle, had an awesome even positive effect on my mind and body. I would even go far as saying it was a psychedelic life changing experience.

Let me explain. after totally detoxing my body from all the years of processed food and meats i ate growing up, i went through several detoxes and cleansing. i felt lighter clear minded and focused. I knew this was going to be a turning point in my life. I didn't know where it was going but then one day i decided to eat some fish. I started with some salmon and quickly moved on to swordfish mahi mahi and tuna. The best of the best. This was truly a summer of love, spent close to the beach i truly thought i was a dolphin that belonged in the ocean. this however is not the case. I realized that there are other foods that i am able to take advantage of so i decided to add organic chicken to my diet. these chicken dinners never tasted so good since i knew many vegan recipes. These vegan dishes are taken to a whole new level with the right meats. When i finally decided to eat my first bit of red meat, that was it and the peak of my meat trip.

There are many things i realized throughout the food journey. If you saw the order i added meat back in to my diet you might see them for yourself. It has to do with energy. Fish are closest to this basic energy of the source and it is the most simple meat. By adding more complex energy systems different forms of energy are acquired.

Most vegans i see have a diminished sex drive. They don't have the extreme warrior/predator mentality

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:53 pm 
Posting Freak

:x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:30 pm 
Posting Freak

coulterIV...I believe what you have shared is the essence of the macrobiotic diet...and listening to one's own body, its needs and its ability to appreciate ALL that is available to enhance life...is WHOLE-istic.

Quote:
Followers of the macrobiotic approach believe that food and food quality powerfully affect health, wellbeing, and happiness. The macrobiotic approach suggests choosing food that is less processed and more natural, and employing more traditional methods of cooking for family, friends, and oneself.

One goal of the macrobiotic philosophy and practice is to become sensitive to the true effects of foods on health and wellbeing. In this way, one goes beyond rules and regulations concerning diet to choosing foods that sustains one's health. Dietary guidelines help one to develop sensitivity and an intuitive sense for what sustains one's health and wellbeing in diet as well as in relationships and activities.

... naturally raised animal products may be included if needed during dietary transition or according to individual needs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:42 pm 
Posting Freak

Quote:
to all the vegans still out there, based on my experience the choice to eat meat again, after a strictly vegan lifestyle, had an awesome even positive effect on my mind and body. I would even go far as saying it was a psychedelic life changing experience.

Thank you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:14 am 
Posting Freak

highwhistler wrote:
[align=center]
Living, Growing Poetry

Consider growing home gardens
that are resonanting islands
of beauty & benevolence.

If you live in an apartment,
consider growing
container gardens
or community gardens.

Either way
consider growing
inward
and outward
in peace.

Your inner
emotional ecosystem
can become
as beautiful,
well-orchestrated
and fruitful
as your garden.

[/align]

[Edited on 31-7-2007 by highwhistler]

What beautiful gardens, reminds me of the ones I used to take care of along with the goats and chickens and ducks. :D

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:02 am 
 WWW  Profile

coulterIV wrote:
Most vegans i see have a diminished sex drive. They don't have the extreme warrior/predator mentality

I have known many vegans in my lifetime. I've never come across this sex drive phenomenom. The only possible explaination, if it was connected to the diet, is that the proper procedures weren't followed.

As to the warrior/predator matter. That is a point I made about this issue when I came here to the first Forum . Let me say this. The warrior/predator mentality is one of the lowest vibrational fields on earth. Very similar to animals and to me not attractive. If that mentality were to dissappear from earth what a wonderful place this would be. Until humans return to the "garden" mentality they will never progress past a certain level.

Humanity will not progress past a certain point until the cruelty and inhumane practice stops. Even James said he is a vegetarian.

Coulter I'm sorry I posted here. YOU actually started the thread so I thought it was sincere. When I first came to the First WMs Forum I posted about this subject. I was harassed in the same manner by S and SD. I would not have posted about this subject again unless it appeared someone else was on the topic. I was pleased to see someone else had done so. How dissappointing to find the real event stream.

Maybe I'll go start a thread of my own and try to move the information there. Then you three could continue to tear down the beautiful message of a choice for way to live without cruelty I bring, over here on this thread? I really could not have deduced from it's TITLE that it was ANTI-Vegan.

You've made your point. I won't post here.

~J~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:09 am 
Posting Freak

Quote:
Even James said he is a vegetarian.

Link please...I believe that even in the e mail he sent you, he said that he eats fish...which require killing.

The only point I am trying to make in this topic is that to differentiate between killing any form of life, be it, plant or animal is hypocritical. One can have equal amount of respect for all forms of life, when choosing their food source...something must die, so that you can live...unless you are a breathatarian or you eat sunshine.

Quote:
Boulder Vegetable Rights Association - The Early Days (c.1994-1995)

BE KIND TO VEGETABLES!!! DON'T EAT THEM!!!

On Tuesday December 20th 1994 the Boulder Vegetable Rights Association held its organizational meeting. Topics of discussion included the need to increase public awareness that vegetables are living beings and that hurting them is cruel. One member noted that those who kill vegetables for food often take the flowers or seeds, as in the case of broccoli, so that thousands of young vegetable beings perish at the hand of an uncaring diner.

Here in Boulder, of all places, where people are opening their minds to new ways to live in harmony with the Earth and all of her forms of life, people should stand up for the rights of our friends in the vegetable garden. Millions of acres of land are converted from natural lands to farmlands, killing the native plants, adding carcinogenic pesticides and chemical fertilizers to the environment, and then used to grow plants to be slaughtered for grocery stores. Few people have witnessed the tomatoes being pulled off of their vines, or the lettuce getting their heads chopped off.

The Boulder Vegetable Rights Association plans to educate the public with videos showing the inhumane practices of the vegetable industry. We plan to do public speaking and distribute information to make as many people as possible aware of the companies and businesses that promote the killing of defenseless plants. Do your part today! Tell people at your workplace, school or public place that they should be aware of the lives of vegetables, that they should help prevent the pain and suffering caused to vegetables by big businesses trying to reap big profits, that they should examine their own lifestyle to try to reduce the use of products that require the killing of vegetables. THANK YOU!!!

You slaughter a tomato by killing it. It is a living thing. If you cut it off its vine it dies. Sure that will happen naturally someday on its own, but the same can be said of human beings, and that does not justify our ending anyone's life a little early.

If you require that a life form have a "mind" before you respect it or acknowledge it, then perhaps you should take a stroll through a forest or a greenhouse and see if you can sense the life forces in the living plants.

They may not be a mind, they may be closer to spirit, but they are there. Their reactions have been measured with scientific instruments. They react to music. They react to people being nice to them, talking to them, stroking them. They react dramatically to injury of a fellow plant. They even repeat this reaction when the injurer returns to the room, but not for others, so they have the ability to recognize an individual and remember events. Not with a mind, perhaps, but with whatever nature gave them. They do have a nervous system.

If you require a mind to be present before killing becomes a moral issue, then there are some people who might be a little nervous being around you.

The Boulder Vegetable Rights Association has held meetings, discussed these issues, disseminated information to the public through boulder.general and has been the subject of an article in the Daily Camera. The BVRA promotes awareness that vegetables are living things, and that killing them is cruel. Past posts available upon request. Join the BVRA ... as we continue to spread our message of tolerance towards flora everywhere.

This Monday, 2/1/95, we will be staging a day long protest march outside Healthy Habits restaurant in Boulder, and Alfalfa's in Boulder, in an attempt to dissuade them and their customers from their floricidal ways. We have massed dozens of plant tolerant protesters, and we are all willing to go to jail (or worse...) in order to stop the wanton destruction and killing that takes place so that overpaid yuppie scum can enjoy salads, and rip the hearts from live artichokes! We are sick of seeing otherwise healthy young vegetables ripped from the ground and steamed alive with a little butter. This type of vegist practice MUST STOP!

Our government does not condone the killing of humans for food, yet we subsidize the killing fields of Kansas and California, paying sick, twisted merchants of death to breed "hybrid" vegetables solely for the purpose of prematurely ending their lives. We are appalled at Dachau, yet in love with Dekalb. We were sickened by Cambodia, yet devour Corn Flakes. We are sickened by dozens of people being burned to death in Waco, but how many of us will, this very day, trap hundreds of unborn corn kernels into a microwave oven and burn them until they explode? We will use force, if necessary, in order to save the lives of pre-born potatoes (the so-called "new potatoes"), infant peas & carrots, and other unborn vegetables that are aborted daily. We make no bones about our dedication to this cause.

Join us in our crusade to make Boulder safe for *all* vegetables, not just the state legislature! Meet with us on Monday, at either location, and help us stir the pot of change! Colonel Lee Gyume BVRA -- | Equal Rights for Vegetables!! It's the American way!

... scientific studies established, nearly two decades ago, that plants have more "senses", and are capable of reacting in more ways, than had been understood. The clock is now running; we're out of excuses for the way we treat plants. There is, in fact, a very sinister continuum of beliefs about what it is OK to eat...from full-bore omnivores, to those who eat only non-red meat, to those who eat no animal with a "higher-order" nervous system (where "higher" is defined in the entirely selfish style of "more like ourselves"), to vegans who eat only plant-derived foods. Those who observe this continuum see moving away from carnivorism as moving to some moral higher ground, when in fact it's nothing but unbridled speciesism--justifying the moral choice of food based on increasing dissimilarity to our own species. How can the same folks who are so eager to "celebrate diversity" among the human race take such a species-centric view of the rest of the world? ... Our "healthy diets" have become a ritual of removing and devouring the reproductive organs of plants. Yes, that sounds unsavory, but that's the honest truth. And don't think the plants aren't aware of it.

... A single steer--a single living being--is slaughtered and creates hundreds of meals. But a single vegetable-eater may devour many formerly-living beings to make a meal. Where is the justification for so much death for a single meal? Speciesism again!

... There was a movement in Boulder to rectify this...I believe it was in the late 70's or early 80's that the Breathatarian movement flourished briefly in Boulder. Its main tenet, as you might infer from the name, was not to live by the killing of other living beings, but to survive on the goodness of the air alone. What a beautiful alternative -- not just to coexist with all other living beings, but because our biochemistry complements that of plants (in O2 vs CO2 exchange) to live synergistically, plants and humans providing each other with essential nutrition by the mere act of respiration! Alas, the Breathatarian movement was only a passing fad, now forgotten by most, and Boulder lost a chance to lead humans to a higher moral plane. The term "vegetable garden" itself has taken a sinister turn, meaning not a friendly living place that we provide for our particular plant friends, but rather a place where we fatten them for slaughter, sort of like a feed-lot for plants.

... please realize that there's more than just moral concerns here. Frankly, the plants are angry. At the BVRA meeting Darragh mentioned, there were more than a few very scared people. The BVRA meeting was to have been held after New Years, but increasing tensions dictated that it be moved to just before the Solstice so that BVRA could present plant representatives with a plan of action that would show real commitment to change in the coming plantyear.

Don't scoff. Remember how many of our medicines are donated by the plant kingdom. Don't think that temperate-zone plants are unaware of the rain- forest genocide. Next summer, when you seem to see more poison ivy and nettles than usual, when the roses seem thornier, understand that you're being warned again. The warnings have been coming all along; we've been ignoring them in spite of how obvious they've been.

Just one local example: cattle mutilations. You've heard the stories--a cow found mutilated, genitalia removed, out in a field by itself, no apparent reason, no tracks of predators, etc. You've heard the explanations, from the prosaic-but-wrong ("It died of natural causes and scavenging birds mutilated it") to the fantastic/silly ("Space aliens removed its organs to use in a galactic satanic ritual"). We've ignored the udderly obvious cause--the cow was out in a field, but not alone by any means--it was SURROUNDED BY PLANTS!! ... plants gone bad, deciding to take things into their own hands, giving us a warning-in-kind about our habits of mutilating plants and removing the reproductive organs.

The warning should have been clear enough: YOU COULD BE NEXT. So, yes, there are the moral issues ..., but there's a lot more to it than that. The plant kingdom is *not* helpless. Better think about it, or things could get ugly next summer.

* Designs are being considered for a "Sprouts Unlimited" T-shirt. Also a "Cukes Unlimited" T-shirt. Get yours in today!
* Plans to hold a tomato shooting contest in a field in Richardson, TX are of great concern to BVRA. Due to the recent anti-assault weapon legislation, no AK-47s will be involved, however any hunting of tomatoes with weapons is considered cruel by the VRA.
* Discussion at the latest VRA meeting included sponsorship of a new bill in the Colorado legislature to eliminate special rights for vegetarians. Some cities might try to support the vegetarian agenda by writing laws that would allow vegetarians to sue on the basis of discrimination if they should lose their job or their home.
* Some people have asked if the VRA is some kind of sick, twisted joke. No, the VRA is neither sick nor twisted. It also has a valid point to make. We stand by our belief that vegetables are living beings. We think it is good that people know about the concern that our organization is joke. Some organizations you have to belong to for years before you find out they are a joke.
* A proposal is being made for a membership drive. This would involve going to peoples houses, knocking on their doors and telling them how much better our viewpoint is then theirs. If they show any signs of disagreement, we will feel very sorry for them and will place them on our mailing list.
* An issue is being raised about whether or not it is morally correct to control pollination with plastic bags placed over the reproductive organs of fruit trees. We are starting conferences with religious leaders to determine this. ...

Remember, "Friends don't let friends eat wheat"!!!

The BVRA has very thoughtfully devised a 12-step program for recovering vegetarians, of which the essentials are these:

Step Number

Action to take
One Say "Vegetables are living things" every day.
Two When tempted by miso or tofu, meditate on a big, tasty, ham sandwich.
Three Talk to your houseplants, say hi, show you care, ask their views about Newt.
Four Say "Vegetables are my friends" every day.
Five Eat some cheese, a deviled egg, or some fancy appetizer with meat.
Six When confronted by a vegetarian, shout "NO!" 5 times and run.
Seven Tell your houseplants how well you handled that vegetarian.
Eight Ok, time to go for it: Eat a burger!
Nine Tell a vegetarian that they eat life forms.
Ten Meditate on a big, juicy, tender steak!
Eleven Read many restaurant menus that feature meat dishes.
Twelve Eat a huge feast with all kinds of non-vegetarian foods, with friends.

:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:32 pm 
Posting Freak

Quote:
Coulter I'm sorry I posted here. YOU actually started the thread so I thought it was sincere. When I first came to the First WMs Forum I posted about this subject. I was harassed in the same manner by S and SD.

Oona you have a habit of blaming others for what you yourself display in not being able to tolerate a difference of opinion from yours. You brought this up again even after all that we went through you still don't take responsibility for the choices you make. On the old thread I never threatened you in any way I just posted material from various research studies done showing how meat eaters were't the dastardly criminals you try to make them out to be. You even went so far and yes I am repeating myself , as to tell me that YOU WISHED THAT I WAS HUNG ON A MEAT HOOK WITH MY THROAT SLIT AND MY BLOOD DRAINED OUT OF ME LIKE THEY DID WITH CATTLE. Now that does not present a very pretty picture and is utterly unacceptable from someone who claims to be so loving. Your intolerance of others opinion and right to post such is also unacceptable for someone who claims to be so loving. The switch I felt you go through, I know what it was. I sincerely wish you well and by the way the founder of HeartMath, Doc Childre and his first group of researchers tried vegetarianism for a time and realized it was not sufficient for all the requirements of their bodies so they slowly introduced meat back into their diets. It really is all about choice and whether we choose to be conscious about choices or be driven by them unconsciously. I choose to not allow you to blame me for your choices in trying to limit others to only your view on things. Be well. :D

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:50 pm 
Posting Freak

Double conundrum. I sit here reading this thread eating a delicious chicken ceasar salad. As Mr. Bill would say,"Ohhhhh Noooooo..... :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't help it...no I'm not evil...I just see the folly when not aware of belief systems that limit you without your conscious consent. :mrgreen:

Cathedral - CS&N

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next