WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: how about a whiff of breeze ... ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:59 pm 

Quote:
The garden contains 15 rocks arranged on the surface of white pebbles in such a manner that visitors can see only 14 of them at once, from whichever angle the garden is viewed.

& .. last invisible stone with his mind's eye.

Quote:
The Miko tradition dates back to the ancient eras of Japan. In ancient times, women who went into trances and conveyed prophecy or the words of God were called Miko, not unlike the Oracle at Delphi of ancient Greece.

Quote:
Ky-gen, literally "mad words" or "wild speech") is a form of traditional Japanese theater.
kyogen is a comical form, and its primary goal is to make its audience laugh.

Quote:
Shibui or shibumi , is a Japanese word which refers to a particular aesthetic of simple, subtle, and unobtrusive beauty.

Quote:
the aesthetic ideal of shibumi seeks out events, performances, people or objects that are beautiful in a direct and simple way, without being flashy.

Quote:
the word 'shibui,' - best approximation to its meaning is 'acerb good taste.

Quote:
Wabi-sabi represents a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centred on the acceptance of transience. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete"

It is a concept derived from the Buddhist assertion of the Three marks of existence — Anicca, or in Japanese, (mujyou), impermanence.

Quote:
"if an object or expression can bring about, within us, a sense of serene melancholy and a spiritual longing, then that object could be said to be wabi-sabi."

Quote:
Wabi and sabi both suggest sentiments of desolation and solitude. In the Mahayana Buddhist view of the universe, these may be viewed as positive characteristics, representing liberation from a material world and transcendence to a simpler life. < A very simple translation > of wabi sabi would be, Sad Beauty

Quote:
Important characteristics of Kabuki theater include the mie in which the actor holds a picturesque pose to establish his character At this point his house name is sometimes heard in loud shout (kakegoe) from an expert audience member, serving both to express and enhance the audience's appreciation of the actor's achievement.

Quote:
< > An iki thing/situation would be simple, improvised, straight, restrained, temporary, romantic, ephemeral, original, refined, inconspicuous, etc. An iki person/deed would be audacious, chic, pert, tacit, sassy, unselfconscious, calm, indifferent, unintentionally coquettish, open-minded, restrained, etc.

An iki thing/person/situation cannot be perfect, artistic, arty, complicated, gorgeous, curved, wordy, intentionally coquettish, or kawaii.

Last edited by oba on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:47 am, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:01 am 

No one is able to articulate life's dimensional depth and breadth with the tools of language. They can only, at best, describe their interpretation or their impressions.

[b]yeah[/b]

wonder if anyone would believe me if i stated that i found the entryway to the grand portal... and have actually stepped into it for a bit more and more...

there really is no good way to describe it... one must experience it... and i was really reluctant to give my experience that title when i experience it... hahaha... but, i have gone so far as to mention it on my website... so...

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:02 am 

[quote][i]Originally posted by SunRa[/i]

wonder if anyone would believe me if i stated that i found the entryway to the grand portal... and have actually stepped into it for a bit more and more...

[/quote]

;)..........You never know

I would love to hear about your experience. Please post it or send me a U2U.

Thanks,

Worldblend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:49 am 
Posting Freak

SunRa share it would ya? It is a discovery that a few will experience in the beginning and the rest will eventually do so too once enough momentum is gathered. Who says it can't start with one or a few experiencing at the same time not realizing the others at the same time?:)

[Edited on 30-6-2007 by Shayalana]

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:32 am 
Posting Freak

[color=olive] [i]The GP discovery is a collective experience because it is the species which transforms...it is the soul of the species which is discovered.[/color] [/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:37 pm 

[quote][i]Originally posted by seed[/i]
[color=olive] [i]The GP discovery is a collective experience because it is the species which transforms...it is the soul of the species which is discovered.[/color] [/i] [/quote]

Seed:

I think it will "eventually" be a "collective experience". I think since it is a "scientific discovery", that fact prevents it from being some type of "species-wide epiphany". Also, doesn't the WMM describe a situation where there will be a segment of the population that orignally participates while another segment is later "pulled in"?

Worldblend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:51 pm 
Posting Freak

[color=olive] [i]Yes what you say is true, many of us already understand what we are (a collective manifestation of FSI) The scientific proof is inspired by us (the IC's who already remember) as we are being inspired to remember by our future selves the WM's......the scientific discovery is what inspires more of us to remember (some need proof :D) and some will just be swept along too....:)

Love, seed[/color] [/i]

[quote]It is not only those who make the discovery that are important to this
process; it is the larger web of influences and connections of everyday
people who make this watershed discovery of the Grand Portal a reality for
the species. And those who are involved in its discovery—regardless of the
import of their contribution—are those who are most intimately engaged
and aligned with the broader and most vital objectives of the species and
planet.

Lyricus
[/quote]

[Edited on 30-6-2007 by seed]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:12 pm 
Posting Freak

[quote]Individuals involved in the Lyricus materials—no matter how seemingly insignificant—
are affecting the flow of the master event string that makes possible the discovery
of the Grand Portal.

The efforts of one “ripple” can touch the “shoreline” of a distant spacetime.
These are the mysterious ways of the individuated consciousness whose
energetics are far ranging and can reach into the future in ways that may
be unaccountable, but nonetheless powerful and catalytic.

Regarding the value to the individual. If anyone is involved in the study of
these materials for their own sake and not the sake of the greater humanity,
they are missing the point of these teachings and their import.

The study of the spiritual domain is the study of selflessness and the expression of soul
in the soul carrier for the benefit of all. If there is any other motivation, it will
obscure the preparatory phase of the individual and diminish their ability to
contribute to the deeper energetics of the master event string.

Lyricus[/quote]

[Edited on 30-6-2007 by seed]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:43 pm 

[color=olive] [i]The GP discovery is a collective experience because it is the species which transforms...it is the soul of the species which is discovered.[/color] [/i] [/quote]

YESSSS... and individuals have the ability to access the collective experience... and yes, discovery of the soul of the species is IT... it is too incredible a vision that is REAL to describe...

it must be spelled out in little insufficient metaphors...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:47 pm 

[quote]Individuals involved in the Lyricus materials—no matter how seemingly insignificant—
are affecting the flow of the master event string that makes possible the discovery
of the Grand Portal.

The efforts of one “ripple” can touch the “shoreline” of a distant spacetime.
These are the mysterious ways of the individuated consciousness whose
energetics are far ranging and can reach into the future in ways that may
be unaccountable, but nonetheless powerful and catalytic.

Regarding the value to the individual. If anyone is involved in the study of
these materials for their own sake and not the sake of the greater humanity,
they are missing the point of these teachings and their import.

The study of the spiritual domain is the study of selflessness and the expression of soul
in the soul carrier for the benefit of all. If there is any other motivation, it will
obscure the preparatory phase of the individual and diminish their ability to
contribute to the deeper energetics of the master event string.

Lyricus[/quote]

[Edited on 30-6-2007 by seed] [/quote]

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

i have not read most of the lyricus materials... i did this on purpose, as i wanted to go along in the self discovery of this grand thing without a belief system or preconception based on complexity of having a language already formed around the concepts involved... so here is a quote, from the seed, which has fruited... and i recognize it as what has been revealed to me from outside of the close wingmaker loop...

ALL OF US are working from what SEEM to be differing and maybe even opposing fronts... all are building the different sides, all are on the same mission... it is incredible to see this when in ecstacy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:40 pm 
Posting Freak

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:31 pm 

Last edited by oba on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:49 am 
Posting Freak

Hmm...
[url=http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=108516]"Grand Portal"[/url] theories...
does this connect...?
what "alien" species were it again that "locked" themselves OUT of their own dimension...?
dead-ends...with no place to call home...?
"just", left...to (forever) "bounce" around in time...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:31 am 

Last edited by oba on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:34 am 

Last edited by oba on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: pot-luck & gears & gaskets
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:42 am 

Last edited by oba on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:19 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:57 am 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
gee...all I drive is a stick, and my infinity was the best car I ever owned, too bad about replacement parts, I really expected to get 300,000 miles out of the transmission...but couldn't afford to replace it twice in one year so it went the way of dead cars...

I have a wonderful Ion quad... and it suits me fine... never bought a car with an automatic transmission, I like to drive the car, not let it think for me. :D

I have seen the new SMART car on the road, and even saw a dealership for them ... must have gotten US approval at last... I know it is ugly but it is smart ! When gas goes up to $10 a gal I am going to wish I had one, right now I am getting an avj o 33 per mile and loving it... 8)

here is their latest sports model... yeah, its a saturn...ho...here's my four banger, (below) cept mine has much bigger wheels...lol ... is that Smart car ugly or what LOLOLOLOLOL

Image.............................................Image..............................Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:27 am 

Last edited by oba on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:01 pm 
Posting Freak

well, I always had my best luck with imports...nissan and mitsubitchi were really nice, and I had a suburu once to, I never had any luck with american cars, the one ford I owned lived up to the reputation of Fixed Or Repaired Daily but the Chevy vortex engined trucks were exceptional, I put 400,000 miles on one, pulling a thirty foot travel trailer and it was still going when I traded it in on another newer one, but it blew the tranny in two years...I found that most american cars crapped out with the warnentee...after three years, but was tired of the extra expense of "import" repairs and parts costs.

Saturn comes dearly loved by its owners, the performance is great prob because it is so light (made out of plastic) and when I do maintenance I found that most of the mechanics own them...one offered to do a little tweek on mine that would soup it up to 400HP but I already get enough tickets...no thank you very much. I wanted to buy american, even though the little mini cooper stole my heart during a test drive...I am tired of having to tow it a hundred miles for a repair when living out west...and I needed something I could tow, cause my new RV has its own engine (motor coach) The saturn not only can be towed, but if you remove a tiny fuse, it doesn't even register the miles...and now that it has gone GM you can get it fixed in timbucktoo (that is if it breaks down)

My daughter just got transfered to Colorado Springs...and I am so looking forward to motoring cross country again...I love the vagabond life, the freedom is exhilarating, and moving back out west, is a dream come true for me...not only will I have my beloved Rockies to fill my windows, but I will be living high and dry in the desert too...the Universe listens...the bonus is that my daughter in Phoenix will be moving there too (her husband's family is there) in the next year, and if I can talk dad into relocating (why not) we will have the whole family in one place for the first time in our lives...my daughter's husbands family is going to move out too... and there was not one objection from the teens...omg I am dreaming?

Living in the drop zone (DC metro) was ( I am already gone mentally) such a nightmare...the thought of living in a Mormon community again is such a welcome thought, they stock food, and have wonderful networking, and a great attitude, and with the USAF academy right there, I couldn't feel safer if I lived in Jericho...LOL (which btw very close) I will be back "home" ( I know that area like the back of my hand)... and part of the sacred "four corner" states...which I believe is the heart of our nation... no volcanoes, no fault lines, no tornadoes, no earthquakes,no huricanes, no tsunamis, no water shortages, no rednecks and rebel flags ... clean air, blue skys and tap water you can drink... day tripping into the teeners sigh, take me away cowboys and indians....wheee ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOv2s42t ... re=related

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:04 pm 

We've had Dodges for yrs., & have 2 now. No problems here.

Living in the Rockies is nice. I'm at the highest elevation for a Canadian community in the Rocky Mountains. I've heard that elevations over 4000 ft. get away from the many negative thought forms that are prevalent in cities.

My Town:

Ski Hill:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:37 pm 
Posting Freak

you just showed us a picture of heaven...ahhh yes, If I ever get over the need to be needed...and still have one more move left in me...it would be to the Canadian rockies...I spent a summer working for the usfs (forrest service) in Columbia Falls MT, and our campground was on a road that crossed the border (35 mi) with no guards...herds of mule deer, elk, moose, bear, mt lions, geese, and real (not farm) fish in the glacier waters....I was overwhelmed standing on a dock overlooking Flathead lake...eating local black cherries, and cried to think Heaven was right here on earth.

I am kinda partial to the west side of the Rockies..but don't miss the helicopter sized mosquitoes in the late summer, but balance that out with glacier water and Tamarac trees...leaning heavily to the latter, so save me a spot...I'll be there shortly :D

look for me in this...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:20 pm 
Posting Freak

my new view... red rocks of the desert, and Pike's Peak in the background... (patience pays)

from experience, I tend to agree with you about living above the static... we lived right at a mile high in Utah (Vernal/La Point) for eight years, and I never had to wear a tin foil helmet...lol Denver is right up the road, and on the Kansas (flat side) and it is a mile high too, so even on the desert floor we may be around 4,000 ft in Colorado springs...I can't tell from this advert, but it may be over six thousand ? (or is that Pike's Peak?)

Quote:
The natural beauty of our snow-capped peaks, bike trails and open spaces, access to arts and cultural venues, family attractions, proximity to world-class ski resorts, and over 300 days of sunshine each year enhances the magic that is Colorado Springs. Drawing more than 6 million visitors a year, Colorado Springs is prime vacation destination.

Immortalized in Katherine Lee Bate’s America The Beautiful, Colorado Springs is tucked at the foot of Pikes Peak at an altitude of 6,035 feet. The city was founded in 1871 by General William Palmer. A bustling hub for the mining industry, the city was dubbed Little London for its affinity to arts and culture.

Today, Colorado Springs is enjoying a resurgence of national recognition for its quality of life and abundant opportunities. Money Magazine rated our city number one - the Best Big City in the nation to live and work - in its August 2006 issue. Cities Ranked & Rated, published by Frommer’s this April, ranked our community 4th in the nation based on a rigorous analysis including cost of living, climate, education, health and healthcare, crime, transportation, leisure, arts and culture, economy and jobs, and overall quality of life. Frommer’s is the market leader in travel guides and its 300 publications reach 7 million travelers. MSN.RealEstate reported that Colorado Springs was number 10 in the Top 10 Value Cities for retirees in a study conducted by author and expert Warren Bland.

Last edited by starduster on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:37 pm 

Beautiful picture.

Ski Town:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmYhHN_ind8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:05 pm 
Posting Freak

skiing is the next best thing to flying... thanks for that reminder... great vid, I always loved the snow...and can't wait... I am so excited ! If they didn't need me here, I would leave tomorrow :lol: http://www.resultzteam.com/Nav.aspx/Page=%2fPageManager%2fDefault.aspx%2fPageID%3d506184

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:20 am 
Posting Freak

Golda wrote:

AAAAAHHHHH......

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY