WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: sacred trees .....
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:39 am 

Last edited by robert_g on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:00 am 

Last edited by robert_g on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:04 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:15 am 

Quote:
THE SCHEMATIC MODEL FOR THE SYSTEM OF UNIVERSES
Please now refer to the schematic model diagram which follows.

The R-I Region

This is the region of pure energy and spirit where the creator resides. It is sometimes called "Anami" [meaning "no name"] because there is no mental-type functioning here- everything "just is" and time does not exist.

The R-II Region

This is the lower region of worlds or planes that are still purely spiritual and exist outside of time. However, the "bending" we portray schematically here has lowered the operating frequency of the spiritual essence here.

The R-III Region

Here we have a major change. Now, the energy has been lowered to a point where it collapses into itself and forms the "egg shaped" structure shown. Time has now come into existence. R-III is the domain of Kal Niranjan - the lord of Time. This region contains the four planes Physical, Astral, Causal, and Mental and down near the very bottom of this "egg" is the Planet Earth.

the economics graphs so not represent the condition of the planet's environment right now.

Quote:
THE MASTER CYCLE
Adult energy creatures [Souls] live in Totality and synthesize Universes to re produce. Energy Creatures are the simplest and purest forms or life and they reproduce in the simplest imaginable way which is by taking "parts of themselves" and allowing these parts to grow into "new Adults". So, in what we will call the MASTER CYCLE, a sequence is started or "keyed in" when an adult Energy creature decides to have children and the sequence ends or "keys out" when the decision is fulfilled, i.e., when the "children" become "Adults".

Now, let us run through this "Master Cycle". Fig. A represents Totality. The little "dots" in Totality are Universes. When the decision to raise children is made in Totality, the children (who are not adept enough to live in Totality) must be "brought down" into a Universe until they are ready to "return home" to Totality.

When a child becomes an Adult it may choose to raise its own children and so a new cycle begins.

THE CONCEPT OF THE "CONTINUITY OF LIFE"

An Adult has children by "breaking off part of itself". So the child and the Adult which the child will become are really "a part" or "a continuation" of that which was before - and ITS children will be "part of It" just as IT was part of that which came before. This is the Master Cycle of Life and it continues without beginning or end under the ancient law beyond space and time or anything that the mind of man can "grasp onto". The appearance of "breaks" in the continuity of life are illusionary and occur because while in a Universe the children continually mistake the "image" that they create for "source" that they really are.

Below the "Master Cycle" are many "sub-cycles".

do gurus in the field fall into 2 main groups?
the mind approach.
the practical nuts & bolts approach.

Last edited by robert_g on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:27 am 

>

Last edited by robert_g on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:49 am 

"2) do gurus in the field fall into 2 main groups? the mind approach. the practical nuts & bolts approach. others?"

I take that you mean gurus as those who play. Analysts are gurus all the time because they play nothing and then just try to combine apparent facts with trends and then play all-knowledgeable to the average joe. Needless to say most of these would go broke within a very short time if they actually had money invested.

As for real players, there may also be an unorthodox group, with tactics that are rarer and elusive to mainstream practices. I wouldn't rule out riding the wave of markets based on psychic/astrological or other type of inside information. Actually insiders are a whole category unto themselves. But they can never tell it was an inside info, they'll tell you how it was a hunch or an informed calculation and this sort of crap.

As for the other data, nice charts - I've stumbled in some of them in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:04 pm 

Quote:

Mode 2 covers dimensional-capable interplanetary craft, base located dimensional-capable devices and TPR's . In a TPR (transporter system) an electric-magnetic corridor is generated by a mechanical device and also some aid is used to accelerate the "spin rate" of the electrons in the molecules of a person's body so that it appears to fade out - in this state it acts like zero mass and so can be "shot through" the electric-magnetic corridor.

Mode 1 covers cases where people can project themselves from one place to another by mastery of the natural forces in Region III. It is called an "I-Relay" system from the notion of type I and O beings.

Mode 0 covers cases where people can project themselves from one place to another by mastery of the Universal forces in Region II. It is called an "O-Relay" technique or system.

START AND STOP CONDITIONS

When we talk about transport we usually assume that one is starting as a regular person in a body and ending up in that same form so the code is going to be 4-(something)-4 but that is not necessarily true so depending on what type of entity is starting and what image matrix is desired upon stopping the "4" will not be "4" but the characteristic identifier for whatever entity form is involved.

For Example, if you projected to region II from say Earth and staved there the code would be "400". Then, if you left for say the adjacent dimension to Earth you would write "003", then if you hitched a ride on a UFO there your trip would be 323 and so on.

Quote:
.. a graph of the early 1920's that showed a tech bubble back then. it was centered on the mass production of the auto - the availability of cheap cars for everyone for the first time. ford's pioneering automation & GM followed suit. during the years 1915 to 1930 car ownership went from around 10% (only the very rich) to around 80%. there were similar tech advances also, such as the 1st electric appliances and the power grid. so the 20's stock bubble was about technology also.

Quote:
someone pointed out that the 2000-2001 tech bust (eg: yahoo going from 180 to 12 in a few months) is a prelude to something more. can't say of course. but some of them point to 2010 to 2020 decade. (what all the boomers do will be hugely significant)

Quote:
I take that you mean gurus as those who play. Analysts are gurus all the time because they play nothing and then just try to combine apparent facts with trends and then play all-knowledgeable to the average joe.

Quote:
THE BIOCHEMICAL CODES FOR THE AGES OF TIME

[The Physical Universe is a created place. In order for it to operate properly, certain advanced Souls have duties and responsibilities to keep the place going - also to dissolve it when that time comes. These Souls, who serve at the pleasure of GOD, are given access to certain "Command and Control Codes" which would be useless to the average soul unless he was a black magician or mastermind who wanted to cause trouble. Consequently, these codes are not given out. They are generally classed in area AO-l (Alpha/Omega-l) and are for use by System Administrators and Spiritual Personnel only. This is one of the codes. However, Earth scientists have now broken it and so that no one group gets to use it to their advantage, we will publish it for all to use.]

You will notice in the above diagram that the chemical model makes a little "house" where something lives. In this case, it is Iron [Fe] because the cycle of time we are in right now is the "Iron Age".

Quote:
[You see how simple this is - that's why it's a secret !]

Quote:
Now you might guess that in the Golden Age, Gold [Au] lived in this "house" and in the Silver Age Silver [Ag] lived in this little house.

When different things live in the "house" the life span of the bodies changes.
It is for Gold (Golden Age) 100,000 Earth Years,
for Silver (Silver Age) 10,000 Earth Years,
for Copper (Copper or Bronze Age) 1,000 Earth Years,
and for Iron (Iron Age) 100 Earth Years.

Now there are links to other systems that operate in the energy channeling process that also change from Age to Age so simply altering one variable does not complete the whole sequence. The other links in the sequence are still classified and will not be given out.

It is doubtful that Earth Scientists will discover the complete sequence before the dissolution takes out the Planet and the Physical Universe is reset for another cycle of Ages.

Last edited by robert_g on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:10 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
I am not an enonomists...and honestly don't really understand your charts...but see where they are going...but this article was something I could understand...

The worldwide rise in house prices is the biggest bubble in history. Prepare for the economic pain when it pops.”

-- The Economist

I sold my home three weeks ago anticipating what I believe will be “Economic Armageddon” in the United States. It wasn’t an easy thing to do. My wife and I have lived in the same home for 25 years, raised both of our children there, and owned the property outright without any loans or mortgage. The house was paid for in “sweat-equity”, that is, by wielding a shovel day-in and day-out in my one-man landscape business. I don’t say that for sympathy, but to illustrate that we played by the rules, worked hard, paid our taxes, and took advantage of the American dream of home-ownership.

All that has changed.

I sold my home for one reason: George W. Bush. He and his protégé at the Federal Reserve have submerged the country into a morass of “unsustainable” debt, disrupted the nation’s economic equilibrium and thrust us towards fiscal disaster. They’ve also generated a humongous housing bubble through their irresponsible and self-serving manipulation of interest rates.

The facts are astonishing.

The current housing bubble is “larger than the global stock market bubble in the late 1990s (an increase over five years of 80% of GDP) or America´s stock market bubble in the late 1920s (55% of GDP). In other words, it looks like the biggest bubble in history.” (The Economist, June 16, 2005)

The banks have lowered the standards for home loans to such an extent that the traditional loan of 20% down and a fixed interest rate is virtually a thing of the past. Instead, those conservative practices have been replaced with “creative financing” schemes that put the entire housing market at risk.

Consider this: In 2004 “one-fourth of all home-buyers -- including 42% of first-time buyers -- made no down payment.” (New York Times, July 7, 2005)

No down payment?!

Sorry, but if a buyer can’t come up with at least $5,000 dollars for a down payment, he shouldn’t qualify for a home loan.

Equally troubling is the fact that “nearly one third of all new mortgages this year call for interest-only payments (in California, its almost half)” (NY Times) This tells us that a large number of new buyers can barely make their payments, but are gambling that their property value will go up enough to justify their investment. This is “equity roulette.” a shell game that anticipates that salaries will go up while interest rates stay low.

Is that a reasonable judgment?

No, Greenspan has said that he will continue to ratchet up interest rates to head off inflation. This means that an economic slowdown is a near certainty. Remember, “class-warrior” Alan Greenspan lowered the prime rate to a ridiculously low 1% in 2002 to keep the economy humming along while $300 billion was sluiced into Bush’s “preemptive” war in Iraq and while the tax cuts were siphoning the last borrowed farthing out of the public coffers. The Bush tax cuts transferred an average of $400 billion dollars per year into the pockets of America’s plutocrats. Now, the country is flat broke and Greenspan will have to “incrementally” raise rates to stabilize the sagging dollar. This means a sluggish economy for most of us and doomsday for over-extended homeowners.

Greenspan assumed he could carry out his plan without too much unnecessary carnage. Unfortunately, gluttonous mortgage lenders have lowered long-term loans while the prime rate continues to go up. The banks, it seems, are addicted to the “cash cow” of shaky lending and are providing even riskier loans to new applicants. This has upset the Fed master’s strategy for a “soft landing” and Greenspan has begun feverishly issuing warnings about an inevitable “adjustment” when the market bogs down. The bottom line is that the housing bubble is getting bigger by the day and increasing the potential for catastrophe.

The current problem is compounded by the dramatic surge of speculation in the housing market. As The Economist says, “A study by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) found that 23% of all American houses bought in 2004 were for investment, not owner-occupation. Another 13% were bought as second homes. Investors are prepared to buy houses they will rent out at a loss; just because they think prices will keep rising—the very definition of a financial bubble.”

What will happen to these “speculative” buyers when the market “flattens out” or the economy takes a sudden dip?

And, what will happen to the US economy when the jobs that depend on new home sales vanish overnight?

“Over the past four years, consumer spending and residential construction have together accounted for 90% of the total growth in GDP. And over two-fifths of all private-sector jobs created since 2001 have been in housing-related sectors, such as construction, real estate and mortgage broking.” (The Economist)

“Two out of every five” private sector jobs are now entirely dependent on an industry that is built on pure quicksand.

So, why would banks foolishly loan money to people who can’t even scrap together a few thousand dollars for a down payment or who can scarcely meet their “interest-only” obligations?

The reason is simple: because they are not the one’s taking the risk. Mortgage loans are acquired by investment banks and chopped up into various securities where they are sold in mutual funds, hedge funds and pension funds etc. To some extent, this takes the lenders off the hook, but it also means that the shock to the system will be much more widespread when the day of reckoning finally arrives. If we encounter a major glitch in the economy the shock waves will be felt throughout the world. “Investors now hold $4.6 trillion in mortgage backed securities. That’s more than the outstanding value of the US Treasuries.” (NY Times) Think about it.

Shaky lending, interest-only loans, no down payments, a US government that is $8 trillion in debt due to Washington’s profligate spending, and a “ticking-time bomb” of adjustable-rate mortgages that will reset within three years; the table is set for a disaster of Biblical proportions. If we hit a bump in the economic road ahead (rising gas prices? recession?) the “Land of the free” will be knee deep in bankruptcies and foreclosures. We’ll all be fighting for a soft spot under the freeway onramp.

The fatuous Greenspan believes that all this can be avoided by regulating the money supply.

He’s dead wrong, and I bet my house on it.

Note, the current dilemma could have been avoided if Greenspan had incrementally raised rates as the bubble began to appear. Instead he lowered rates to facilitate Bush’s war in Iraq. It was purely a political decision that “postponed” the economic pain of the conflict and allowed the Bush administration to shift the cost of the war onto future generations.

Consider, also, how Greenspan paved the way for the budget-busting tax cuts (which he enthusiastically approved) and how they have increased America’s debt by $3 trillion. This is real money that American workers will eventually have to pay back in the form of taxes and a higher cost of living. This “class loyalty” is strikingly at odds with his philosophy as a young man when he said, “Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth.”

So it is. And the $3 trillion dollars that evaporated on Greenspan’s watch was in fact stolen from the American people while the Fed chief concealed the crime behind the smokescreen of low-interest rates. In the final analysis, Greenspan will be seen as a greater traitor than Bush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:16 pm 

>

Last edited by robert_g on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:18 pm 
Posting Freak

check out these charts at investech

http://www.investech.com/others/upload/ ... ousing.gif

http://www.investech.com/others/upload/ ... _bonds.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:32 pm 

Last edited by robert_g on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:13 pm 

Last edited by robert_g on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:47 am 
Posting Freak

ha ha...I just had to read it because you hinted it was "untouchable"

http://slate.msn.com/id/2123644/

and was, not in the least, surprised to find out, that in the dark, these two are bedfellows... bwahahahahahahaha

strange times indeed. :P

I am only too happy not to be an investor...it would have ultimately driven me quite mad....I don't even play the lottery...can't stand to be a looser...snicker...yet I have nothing to loose...go figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:14 am 

Last edited by robert_g on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:09 am 

"who sets the rules for the macro-economic policy that they create?
is it part of a larger global umbrella organization (such as the WMI might indicate) ?"

This question takes new meaning under the Animus-influenced economic elite...

http://forum.wingmakers.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=240

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:55 am 

Last edited by robert_g on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:11 am 

Quote:
While the concept of an "Iron Curtain Country" with its air tight borders and secret police watching everyone and terrorizing the helpless people, is gradually drifting out of public consciousness, it appears that these zones may have simply been replaced by a larger zone: an "Iron Curtain Planet".

We call our little Earth a "Global Village". Actually, it is more like a "Global Plantation". You know the concept of a Plantation. The Master and his family live in a big beautiful mansion and the slaves work the grounds and live in trash shacks.

In the case of the Earth, the "master's mansion" is represented by the underground cities where the Elite - surrounded by every conceivable luxury - live and the slave quarters are the surface of the Earth where the ordinary people "work the land" and "dig in the mines".

They are "surrounded" by a system of spy and attack satellites that watch everything they do Eventually, they will even be "branded" [like cattle] with identification microchips.

All sources of information they can access are controlled and censored. Government agents "quietly" live in every neighborhood. Everything they do is "quietly" watched and recorded. Like classic plantations, if the "master" wants them for anything [like for some spare parts - liver, kidneys, or whatever - or some weird medical experiment] they are taken to the "master's house" underground, never to return.

Also, you can't leave. One reason slaves stay slaves is that they do not realize that a better situation is available. On traditional plantations, many slaves were content because they were protected and "the master took care of them". They felt they had a pretty good deal. That's why the system worked. They also felt that "there was no where else to go".

Today, the equivalent is the propaganda that "Earth is all there is so make the best of it here". If people knew that anti-gravity technology can get you physically anywhere in the physical universe quickly and that it is simpler than the technology of a common transistor radio, they might decide to leave and search for their dreams of a better life and "freedom" elsewhere.

But, of course, they are programmed to believe that the only way to leave the Earth is to sit on top of a giant size bottle rocket and be slowly blasted off on short trips that take a long time. They are told "science proves" you can't exceed the speed of light.

Sicence also proves that a bumblebee cannot fly.

Last edited by robert_g on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:54 am 

Last edited by robert_g on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:12 am 
Posting Freak

a detailed perspective of the housing bubble...

That Hissing Sound

By Paul Krugman

This is the way the bubble ends: not with a pop, but with a hiss.

Housing prices move much more slowly than stock prices. There are no Black Mondays, when prices fall 23 percent in a day. In fact, prices often keep rising for a while even after a housing boom goes bust.

So the news that the U.S. housing bubble is over won´t come in the form of plunging prices; it will come in the form of falling sales and rising inventory, as sellers try to get prices that buyers are no longer willing to pay. And the process may already have started.

Of course, some people still deny that there´s a housing bubble. Let me explain how we know that they´re wrong.

One piece of evidence is the sense of frenzy about real estate, which irresistibly brings to mind the stock frenzy of 1999. Even some of the players are the same. The authors of the 1999 best seller "Dow 36,000" are now among the most vocal proponents of the view that there is no housing bubble.

Then there are the numbers. Many bubble deniers point to average prices for the country as a whole, which look worrisome but not totally crazy. When it comes to housing, however, the United States is really two countries, Flatland and the Zoned Zone.

In Flatland, which occupies the middle of the country, it´s easy to build houses. When the demand for houses rises, Flatland metropolitan areas, which don´t really have traditional downtowns, just sprawl some more. As a result, housing prices are basically determined by the cost of construction. In Flatland, a housing bubble can´t even get started.

But in the Zoned Zone, which lies along the coasts, a combination of high population density and land-use restrictions - hence "zoned" - makes it hard to build new houses. So when people become willing to spend more on houses, say because of a fall in mortgage rates, some houses get built, but the prices of existing houses also go up. And if people think that prices will continue to rise, they become willing to spend even more, driving prices still higher, and so on. In other words, the Zoned Zone is prone to housing bubbles.

And Zoned Zone housing prices, which have risen much faster than the national average, clearly point to a bubble.

In the nation as a whole, housing prices rose about 50 percent between the first quarter of 2000 and the first quarter of 2005. But that average blends results from Flatland metropolitan areas like Houston and Atlanta, where prices rose 26 and 29 percent respectively, with results from Zoned Zone areas like New York, Miami and San Diego, where prices rose 77, 96 and 118 percent.

Nobody would pay San Diego prices without believing that prices will continue to rise. Rents rose much more slowly than prices: the Bureau of Labor Statistics index of "owners´ equivalent rent" rose only 27 percent from late 1999 to late 2004. Business Week reports that by 2004 the cost of renting a house in San Diego was only 40 percent of the cost of owning a similar house - even taking into account low interest rates on mortgages. So it makes sense to buy in San Diego only if you believe that prices will keep rising rapidly, generating big capital gains. That´s pretty much the definition of a bubble.

Bubbles end when people stop believing that big capital gains are a sure thing. That´s what happened in San Diego at the end of its last housing bubble: after a rapid rise, house prices peaked in 1990. Soon there was a glut of houses on the market, and prices began falling. By 1996, they had declined about 25 percent after adjusting for inflation.

And that´s what´s happening in San Diego right now, after a rise in house prices that dwarfs the boom of the 1980´s. The number of single-family houses and condos on the market has doubled over the past year. "Homes that a year or two ago sold virtually overnight - in many cases triggering bidding wars - are on the market for weeks," reports The Los Angeles Times. The same thing is happening in other formerly hot markets.

Meanwhile, the U.S. economy has become deeply dependent on the housing bubble. The economic recovery since 2001 has been disappointing in many ways, but it wouldn´t have happened at all without soaring spending on residential construction, plus a surge in consumer spending largely based on mortgage refinancing. Did I mention that the personal savings rate has fallen to zero? Now we´re starting to hear a hissing sound, as the air begins to leak out of the bubble. And everyone - not just those who own Zoned Zone real estate - should be worried.

In a subsequent column, Krugman elaborates on the consequences of a collapse of the housing boom. According to Krugman, housing construction in the United States during the Bush II years created 2 million new jobs, increased house prices created 1.5 million more and the military buildup created 1.3 million jobs. Now, given the shaky employment situation the United States finds itself in, where would we be without those 4.8 million jobs created on quicksand?

Safe as Houses

By Paul Krugman

I used to live next door to a Russian émigré. One day he asked me to explain something that puzzled him about his new country. "This place seems very rich," he said, "but I never see anyone making anything. How does the country earn its money?"

The answer, these days, is that we make a living by selling each other houses. Since December 2000 employment in U.S. manufacturing has fallen 17 percent, but membership in the National Association of Realtors has risen 58 percent.

The housing boom has created jobs in two ways. Many jobs have been created, directly and indirectly, by a surge in housing construction. And rising home values have fueled a simultaneous surge in consumer spending.

Let´s start with home building. Between 1980 and 2000, which was before the housing boom, spending on the construction of new homes averaged 4.25 percent of G.D.P. In the most recent quarter, however, the figure was 5.98 percent. That difference is equivalent to about $200 billion a year in additional spending, generating roughly two million extra jobs.

Then there´s the jump in house prices. Over the past five years housing prices have grown much faster than the overall cost of living, adding about $5 trillion to the public´s wealth. Typical estimates say that each additional dollar of housing wealth adds about 3 cents to annual consumer spending, as families reduce their savings and borrow against their newly valuable homes. So we´re talking about an additional $150 billion in spending, and roughly 1.5 million more jobs.

Does anything else in the U.S. economy rival housing as a source of job creation? Well, there´s also the military buildup. The Economic Policy Institute estimates that increased military spending over the past four years has created 1.3 million private-sector jobs.

And, yes, there are the Bush tax cuts, which the administration insists are the source of everything good in the economy. And it´s true that some portion of the tax cuts, which amounted to $225 billion this year, must have been spent in ways that created jobs. Given reasonable estimates of the effect of tax cuts on spending, however, they were probably a smaller force for job creation than the military buildup, and dwarfed by the housing boom.

So it´s an economy driven by real estate. What´s wrong with that?

One answer is that it has been a pretty disappointing recovery. Two new reports, one from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities and one from the Congressional Budget Office, compare the current economic expansion with other postwar recoveries. By any measure except corporate profits, which have done very well, this one comes up short.

Even the good months would have been considered subpar in the past: the administration hailed last month´s job growth as something wondrous to behold, yet there were 68 months during the Clinton years when employment grew faster. Still, the economy is expanding.

But because that expansion depends so much on real estate - without the housing boom, the economic picture would look dismal indeed - you have to wonder how much to trust it.

I´ve written before about the reasons to believe that current house prices in much of the country represent a bubble. When that bubble begins to deflate, so will housing-related employment.

Beyond that, there´s the disturbing point that we´re paying for the housing boom (and the military buildup and tax cuts) with money borrowed from foreigners.

Now, any economics textbook will tell you that it´s fine to borrow from abroad if the money is used to expand the economy´s productive capacity. When 19th-century America borrowed from Europe to build railroads, it was also enhancing its ability to repay its debts later. But we aren´t borrowing to build productive capacity. As a share of G.D.P., investment other than housing construction is below its average between 1980 and 2000, and way below its level at the end of the 1990´s.

In other words, a fuller answer to my former neighbor would be that these days, Americans make a living selling each other houses, paid for with money borrowed from the Chinese. Somehow, that doesn´t seem like a sustainable lifestyle.

How solid, then, is America´s economic recovery? The British have a phrase that applies: "safe as houses." Our economy is as safe as houses. Unfortunately, given current prices and our dependence on foreign lenders, houses aren´t safe at all.

We wrote last week of the rigged nature of most markets. Mike Whitney lays the blame for the housing bubble on the rigging of Alan Greenspan and, in the process, answers the question of “who benefits?”

Pop Goes the Weasel

Greenspan and the Housing Bubble

By Mike Whitney

It´s strange that Alan Greenspan hasn´t been blamed for the housing bubble. After all, he set the "easy money" policies that put the whole thing in motion and he´s the one who should be held responsible when it goes up in smoke.

Let me explain.

Most people expect the Federal Reserve to lower rates when business is flagging to stimulate the economy by making loans more available for commerce, home buying, recreational spending etc. But, just as higher rates can stop the economy in its tracks by making money too expensive to borrow, so too, lower rates can have equally adverse consequences.

For example, when Greenspan lowered rates to 1% in 2002 he knew that money would surge into the economy and create the appearance that everything was hunky-dory. Predictably, the economy sputtered along from the economic activity generated by the housing boom and from the 30% increase in government spending.

But, what else did Greenspan´s lower rates achieve?

Well, they achieved the results for which they were designed; they kept the economy humming along while Bush dragged the country to war, they kept the American people asleep while $400 billion per year in Bush tax cuts were siphoned from the US Treasury, and they generated what the "The Economist" calls this "the biggest bubble in history"; the housing bubble.

All of these were purely political choices made at the Federal Reserve under the auspices of Fed-chairman Greenspan.

Thanks, Alan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:16 am 
Posting Freak

and a humorus look at the fed...

PAYING MORE TO GET LESS
by The Mogambo Guru

I remember that I was still trying to shake a killer hangover when I read that Total Fed Credit abruptly fell by $7.4 billion last week, taking the total back down to $792 billion. The next thing I knew, I was in the emergency room and doctors were trying to re-start my heart while trying to restrain my wife, who is screaming, "Let him die! He wants to die with dignity!"

But it wasn´t my heart causing the initial distress. It was my brain, which interpreted this fall in Total Fed Credit as meaning one of two things; either the Fed is finally trying to curtail the decades-long explosion of money and credit, or there are not as many people wanting to borrow money, and so they don´t need to expand money and credit to accommodate them. Either way, this is what we in the Mogambo Economics Biz (MEB) officially call The Big Freaking Bell Going Clang Clang Clang (TBFBGCCC).

Ours is a country that does nothing but spend every dime it makes, and which continuously borrows more money. Historically, this is a recipe for disaster. Nobody wants to hear this, especially my family, who think that money grows on trees, and I keep telling them that money does not go to all the hassle of growing on trees, which involves fertilizing and pruning and weeding and applying pesticides and picking, and then some drunken, stoned-out illegal alien migrant worker falls out of a tree and sues the hell out of you, and then they find out how you have been stealing them blind and selling them substandard food at premium prices, and you don´t have a prayer in court and you know it. Brrrrr. Gives me the chills just to think about it!

But this is not about how Mogambo International Exploitative Enterprises (MIEE) is screwing over the poor wretches, just as the government and the Fed are screwing the poor by destroying the purchasing power of the little bit of money they get per month. It´s just that MIEE, as a prototypical capitalist-pig company with no scruples or ethics in my mindless quest to secure profits, demeans the people directly, and they suffer because they get less. The government does it indirectly, making them get less by destroying the purchasing power of their money. But my whole case rests on the fact that, in the end, we both make life miserable for lots and lots of people because they must pay more and get less.

And the only reason that we have anything going for us at all is because we spend every dime, which makes and economy go, to indulge in an orgasmic orgy of glorious, greedy, gluttonous over-consumption, and simultaneously grow the size, the grasp, and the bankrupting expense of a huge, suffocating, inter-locking structure of governments that has, to use a phrase used in the Declaration of Independence "erected a large multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance." By which they mean, in Mogambo-ese, "The government sucking you dry through your wallet to give total strangers money and services for the rest of their lives."

The joke goes, "I spent my entire million-dollar inheritance. Most of it I spent on women, fast cars, booze and drugs. The rest I spent foolishly." In our case, the rest we spent foolishly to party party party (PPP).

Recognizing that this sudden slowdown in the growth of money and credit would mean the total collapse of the United States, you will, I hope, forgive me for jumping up, running in panic, pushing my wife and children out of my way as I run, as fast as I could, to try and lock myself inside the heavily-fortified Mogambo bunker (HFMB), which would, theoretically, protect me from the hordes of scared, angry and desperate people whose lives are being destroyed as the economy is being destroyed, including my family, who were already scared and angry about being related to me in the first place because I seemingly will never die.

And this slowdown may be showing up in the way that inventories are sort of building. I would assume that inventories are increasing because people are not buying as much, which would explain why they are not borrowing as much, although the producers and retailers are still stocking as much. Trying to be as philosophical as I can (and you can tell I am being philosophical by the way I wipe the drool off of my chin and try to act dignified for a change), this had to happen sooner or later, as every schoolchild knows that you cannot continually go farther and farther into debt forever. I, personally, learned this valuable Mogambo lesson (VML) rather early in life, and I remember it like it was yesterday, when I went to my dad and asked to have another advance on my allowance, and how he laughed, and with acid in his voice asked, "Do you think you can perpetually bring forward future consumption into today?" Maybe it was HOW he said it, but I never forgot the lesson about over-consumption via debt, and I hope you don´t either.

But this is not about my cruel life of pain and anguish that I mostly brought on myself for acting like such a jerk all the time, but about money and the spending thereof and how rising prices are no fun. Like gasoline prices. And with gasoline rising dangerously in price, people do not have as much money to spend on the rest of the silly crap that we love to indulge in, making things worse.

The proof of this is demonstrated by the fact that people are going to the movies less, and all kinds of businesses that depended on the flow of all this frivolous discretionary spending are finding that sales are down dramatically. This is another Mogambo Sign That Things Are Not As Good As They Say (MSTTANAGATS) that highly-trained market technicians use to chart the markets.

For you who believe that "the trend is your friend", I will note that the Fed has had this mindless expansion of credit going gangbusters since 1997. So, all this sudden and surprising absence of growth in money and credit is, in a word, ominous. But you probably already gathered that from the spooky soundtrack, which is all low, wailing horns in ugly disharmonies that sound like banshees wailing. Or, if you are deaf, then you can also figure it out from the graph of Total Fed Credit, which has being growing like a huge, malignant cancer since 1997, pausing only in early 2000, whereupon the stock market fell like a stone, which put the Fed back in credit-expansion mode ever since. Until the last couple of months. Listen to the soundtrack, which is telling all that you need to know. OooooOOOooooo!

You´re going to love the way I end this! Slowly fade in from black, see? An indistinct, fuzzy form appears out of the gloom. What could it be? Soon, it looks like a - what is that? A hand? Yes, it´s a hand holding something. As the lighting continues to come up, we see that it is indeed a hand, a hand holding a revolver, and it is pointing right (pause) at (pause) you. Slowly, the thumb reaches up and cocks the gun, and you can hear it going "click click click" as the hammer is drawn back. Then the clicking stops. The thumb returns to its place on the butt of the gun. The forefinger moves to the trigger. And as the camera pans in closer and closer and closer, we plainly see that the finger is beginning to flatten as it begins to pull on the trigger. Of the gun. That is pointed right (pause) between (pause) your (pause) eyes.

One of the reasons that I use this gun metaphor is that the latest reports shows that inflation is running at 0.5% for July, and when you multiply that by twelve months in a year, you come up with (and you can check me on this) 6%. Inflation, even after all the massaging and tweaking by the government to make things look good, is running at 6%! This is terrible, terrible, terrible news! It was within living memory that Nixon (as I recall) seized dictatorial power and imposed wage and price controls on the entire economy because inflation was at an intolerable 4%! So this 6% thing is terrible, terrible, terrible news! And it demonstrates, one more time, the utter, utter failure of the Federal Reserve.

Regards,

The Mogambo Guru
for The Daily Reckoning

The Mogambo Sez: Repeat after me: Oil. Gold. Silver. Ommmm. This is the sound of cosmic salvation. Ommmmm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:52 pm 
Posting Freak

nope...just "follow the money around"...look at this today...the rich get richer...how does this work... damned if I know...but they can even get richer while the plug is being pulled... excuse the spam...but you might want to know...ha ha

The Stealth China Trade
How a laughable 2% revaluation of China’s currency
Could mean double- and triple-digit gains for you

The once-mighty U.S. dollar is looking weaker all the time. Now that the Chinese have started to unpeg their currency, the yuan, from the greenback, currency traders and investors alike can see what’s coming – and it’s not pretty. After all...

The U.S. current account deficit – what we owe the rest of the world – is running at a record pace. In the first quarter of 2005, the current account deficit hit $195.1 billion, up from $146.1 billion in the year-earlier period.
In fact, America has to attract about $2.9 billion in foreign capital each and every business day just to keep the value of the dollar steady.
Meanwhile, Washington is hemorrhaging red ink through the budget deficit. Treasury debt held by the public will total $4.6 trillion this year, up from $4.3 trillion last year. Looking ahead, if things don’t change, it will climb to $6.3 trillion in 2010.
It wouldn’t be surprising to see the U.S. dollar slip 10%...20%...30%...or more in the next year or two. That kind of currency move is HUGE! With the right trades, it could spell profits ten to twenty times those amounts. But, for the uninformed, the economic effects can be devastating.

What does this mean for your U.S. dollar-based investments?
What does this mean for your money on deposit?
What does this mean for the dollars in your own wallet?
If the U.S. dollar slips 30%, that eats away at the value of every dollar and dollar-based investment you own.

But it doesn’t have to be that way. You can protect yourself from a potential dollar crisis. What’s more, you can potentially make money hand over fist along the way, as the dollar zigs and zags against other global currencies.

That’s what Kathy Lien and Boris Schlossberg are helping currency traders—novice and old pros alike—do. Boris and Kathy are editors of The Sovereign Society’s weekly trading service The Money Trader.

A few months ago, Kathy and Boris introduced their readers to the spot market, which is far superior to ordinary currency options, and the most liquid market in the world. With the spot market, you can...

Strictly limit your risk on every play.
Start your account with as little as $300.
Make transactions at rock-bottom costs – ranging from $3 to $8 for most plays.
Go for yield, leveraged appreciation -- or both!
What do I mean by yield? Well, the spot market is where you find currency “carry trades.” That’s where you sell a low-yielding currency and buy a higher-yielding one – and you earn interest on the play every single day!

In that capacity, they just banked 15% on EUR/USD, a week after bagging 20% on USD/CHF. In all, 9 out of their last 11 plays are winners!

You can see why Boris and Kathy find this market so attractive. But it´s not enough. They just told me about another strategy that will offer triple-digit profit potential, no expiration date...and that actually pays YOU interest.

The Countdown Has Started…
Kathy and Boris are introducing this unique program to a limited group of traders on September 1. Find out more by reading this exclusive report...

Link: http://www.agora-inc.com/reports/MTR/WMTRF810

Yours truly,

Sean Brodrick
Investment Director
The Sovereign Society

http://www.agora-inc.com/reports/MTR/WMTRF810

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:15 am 

Last edited by robert_g on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:29 am 

this is riches.

Last edited by robert_g on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:39 am 
 WWW  Profile

Hey Roberto, Dusty

Greetings to you ....yes...Technical analysis has become voodoo investing cause large blockholders of shares can manipulate the 'charts' to show head/shoulders chart that triggers all kinds of short selling activity..etc...,
well learned in the ninties...!
fundamental analysis is closer to reality, however auditors have devised voodoo accounting practices that negate truth ...(sort of like 'hey what a pretty head of hair, oops! it's a wig, underneath, you're bald as a que ball " !!!)
Meanwhile those totally confused as to how the price of a stock (currency) hasn't adjusted to the "price" of the US dollar, which has lost 30% of its' value, compared to all the other currencies...so...until the stocks reflects the true value of the dollars they are made of, I ain't buying into any of the top 2000 issues...P/E P/S ratios are "off the charts" for these stocks anyway. Bullshit economic (govt and private) reports don't help, either!
However I still like to dabble in penny issues, just because people are looking for SOMETHING...ANYTHING to make profits in, and they tend to have greater swings, therefore greater potential...but you have to pay attention to news...news is what moves them, not fundamentals... !!!

Peace on Earth, good will to all.......

Lefty

[Edited on 25-8-2005 by lefty]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:16 pm 
Posting Freak

totally mind boggeling...I am convinced one must be an "insider" to even play the game...and then it depends on where you play it...ha ha
the only sure thing I know of is Land...they arn't making any more of that!
(but look at Japan...how did that happen ...did everyone leave?)

If I had money to invest I would by the smallest denomination of gold coins, remember when it went up to $800 an oz in '80 ... I do

[quote]In 1975 most Americans lost interest in hard assets, a recession was in place, and gold was heading for $130. Everyone said there was no place for gold in modern finance. Only 5 years later gold topped $800 dollars an ounce! [b]This was testimony that something had gone terrible wrong with our paper money system.[/b]
Energy prices were soaring, inflation was in double digits and people had a right to be scared. Many investors decided to hedge themselves with hard assets and prices on quality coins exploded! [/quote]

It was 275 in 01 ... that senario above is ringing bells ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:16 am 

Last edited by robert_g on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.