WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: WATERSHED
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:45 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
BP buys up Gulf scientists for legal defense, roiling academic community
Published: Friday, July 16, 2010, 5:00 AM Updated: Monday, July 19, 2010, 3:49 PM
Ben Raines, Press-Register

"We told them there was no way we would agree to any kind of restrictions on the data we collect. It was pretty clear we wouldn't be hearing from them again after that," said Bob Shipp, head of marine sciences at the University of South Alabama. "We didn't like the perception of the university representing BP in any fashion."

For the last few weeks, BP has been offering signing bonuses and lucrative pay to prominent scientists from public universities around the Gulf Coast to aid its defense against spill litigation.
BP PLC attempted to hire the entire marine sciences department at one Alabama university, according to scientists involved in discussions with the company's lawyers. The university declined because of confidentiality restrictions that the company sought on any research.

The Press-Register obtained a copy of a contract offered to scientists by BP. It prohibits the scientists from publishing their research, sharing it with other scientists or speaking about the data that they collect for at least the next three years.

"We told them there was no way we would agree to any kind of restrictions on the data we collect. It was pretty clear we wouldn't be hearing from them again after that," said Bob Shipp, head of marine sciences at the University of South Alabama. "We didn't like the perception of the university representing BP in any fashion."

BP officials declined to answer the newspaper's questions about the matter. Among the questions: how many scientists and universities have been approached, how many are under contract, how much will they be paid, and why the company imposed confidentiality restrictions on scientific data gathered on its behalf.

Shipp said he can't prohibit scientists in his department from signing on with BP because, like most universities, the staff is allowed to do outside consultation for up to eight hours a week.
More than one scientist interviewed by the Press-Register described being offered $250 an hour through BP lawyers. At eight hours a week, that amounts to $104,000 a year.

Scientists from Louisiana State University, University of Southern Mississippi and Texas A&M have reportedly accepted, according to academic officials. Scientists who study marine invertebrates, plankton, marsh environments, oceanography, sharks and other topics have been solicited.
The contract makes it clear that BP is seeking to add scientists to the legal team that will fight the Natural Resources Damage Assessment lawsuit that the federal government will bring as a result of the Gulf oil spill.

The government also filed a NRDA suit after the Exxon Valdez spill.

In developing its case, the government will draw on the large amount of scientific research conducted by academic institutions along the Gulf. Many scientists being pursued by BP serve at those institutions.

Robert Wiygul, an Ocean Springs lawyer who specializes in environmental law, said that he sees ethical questions regarding the use of publicly owned laboratories and research vessels to conduct confidential work on behalf of a private company.

Also, university officials who spoke with the newspaper expressed concern about the potential loss of federal research money tied to professors working for BP.

With its payments, BP buys more than the scientists' services, according to Wiygul. It also buys silence, he said, thanks to confidentiality clauses in the contracts.

Scientists from Louisiana State University, University of Southern Mississippi and Texas A&M have reportedly accepted, according to academic officials. Scientists who study marine invertebrates, plankton, marsh environments, oceanography, sharks and other topics have been solicited.
The contract makes it clear that BP is seeking to add scientists to the legal team that will fight the Natural Resources Damage Assessment lawsuit that the federal government will bring as a result of the Gulf oil spill.

The government also filed a NRDA suit after the Exxon Valdez spill.

In developing its case, the government will draw on the large amount of scientific research conducted by academic institutions along the Gulf. Many scientists being pursued by BP serve at those institutions.

Robert Wiygul, an Ocean Springs lawyer who specializes in environmental law, said that he sees ethical questions regarding the use of publicly owned laboratories and research vessels to conduct confidential work on behalf of a private company.

Also, university officials who spoke with the newspaper expressed concern about the potential loss of federal research money tied to professors working for BP.

With its payments, BP buys more than the scientists' services, according to Wiygul. It also buys silence, he said, thanks to confidentiality clauses in the contracts.

NOAA officials did not answer requests for comment. The agency also did not respond to a request for the contracts that it offers scientists receiving federal grants. Several scientists said the NOAA contract was nearly as restrictive as the BP version.

The state of Alaska published a 293-page report on the NRDA process after the Exxon Valdez disaster. A section of the report titled "NRDA Secrecy" discusses anger among scientists who received federal grants over "the non-disclosure form each researcher had signed as a prerequisite to funding."

"It's a very strange situation. The science is already suffering," Shaw said. "The government needs to come through with funding for the universities. They are letting go of the most important group of scientists, the ones who study the Gulf."

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/07/bp_buys ... incart_mce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:43 pm 
Posting Freak

BP is 40% American corporation owned so they are used to trying such tactics they have been doing it for decades. Don't be fooled into thinking its only British owned although they have the next biggest share and other countries own shares in it too. So this is the responsibility of all of them who have been doing this kind of depraved thing for years. They only want to get away with it like they have so often before. But look, people are waking up and not playing the game with them any more. Must be some "in" fighting going on . That is a very good thing. :wink:

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:39 pm 
Posting Freak

It seems logical to me, that if people were "awake" or even waking up... they would be evacuating the Gulf coast in droves ... but they are not... they are in total denial of what is being reported

Quote:
Drudge Reports: Methane levels ‘million times higher than normal’… …levels only seen during mass extinction events…

July 19, 2010

Oceanographer John Kessler analyzes methane levels from oil spill site

Preliminary results show concentrations at some points to be a million times higher than normal, researcher says John Kessler, a chemical oceanographer in the College of Geosciences at Texas A&M University, is currently analyzing methane levels in water collected from seven miles to 500 meters from the Deepwater Horizon wellhead.

Preliminary results, he says, point to high concentrations of the gas. “Methane levels ranged from 10,000 to nearly 1 million times higher in some spots than normal concentration,” Kessler said.

The 10-day cruise, which was funded by a National Science Foundation Rapid Response grant, returned June 21 with nearly 1 million data points gathered. Since that time, he and his colleagues have been analyzing the results in the shore-based lab at Texas A&M.

Ramifications are multifold, Kessler said. He called the site a natural laboratory in which to better assess the effect of methane on global climate change. Naturally occurring methane seeps have been linked to rapid climate change. For instance, an event occurring 55 million years ago may have caused one of these spikes, scientists believe. So the Deepwater Horizon environmental disaster may, at least, help scientists better understand and perhaps predict methane effects on global temperatures.

Results also indicate that oxygen levels at some deepwater sites were 30 percent lower, while other sites remained unaffected. “This presents a puzzle that we cannot resolve without further research,” Kessler says.

vid here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenopolisTV?feature=pyv&ad=4134216626&kw=oil%20spill#p/u/0/KoWJ4Dpz44A

more here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1t2JhGu12Y

and here saying the water was flammable http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBBzYranATY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:57 pm 
Posting Freak

are we beginning to see a pattern here?

Large China oil spill threatens sea life, water...

WTH

BEIJING -- China's largest reported oil spill emptied beaches along the Yellow Sea as its size doubled Wednesday, while cleanup efforts included straw mats and frazzled workers with little more than rubber gloves.

An official warned the spill posed a "severe threat" to sea life and water quality as China's latest environmental crisis spread off the shores of Dalian, once named China's most livable city.

One cleanup worker has drowned, his body coated in crude.

"I've been to a few bays today and discovered they were almost entirely covered with dark oil," said Zhong Yu with environmental group Greenpeace China, who spent the day on a boat inspecting the spill.

"The oil is half-solid and half liquid and is as sticky as asphalt," she told The Associated Press by telephone.

The oil had spread over 165 square miles (430 square kilometers) of water five days since a pipeline at the busy northeastern port exploded, hurting oil shipments from part of China's strategic oil reserves to the rest of the country. Shipments remained reduced Wednesday.

State media has said no more oil is leaking into the sea, but the total amount of oil spilled is not yet clear.

Greenpeace China released photos Wednesday of inky beaches and of straw mats about 2 square meters (21 square feet) in size scattered on the sea, meant to absorb the oil.

Fishing in the waters around Dalian has been banned through the end of August, the state-run Xinhua News Agency reported.

"The oil spill will pose a severe threat to marine animals, and water quality, and the sea birds," Huang Yong, deputy bureau chief for the city's Maritime Safety Administration, told Dragon TV.

At least one person died during cleanup efforts. A 25-year-old firefighter, Zhang Liang, drowned Tuesday when a wave threw him from a vessel, Xinhua reported.

Officials, oil company workers and volunteers were turning out by the hundreds to clean blackened beaches.

"We don't have proper oil cleanup materials, so our workers are wearing rubber gloves and using chopsticks," an official with the Jinshitan Golden Beach Administration Committee told the Beijing Youth Daily newspaper, in apparent exasperation.

"This kind of inefficiency means the oil will keep coming to shore. ... This stretch of oil is really difficult to clean up in the short term."

But 40 oil-skimming boats and about 800 fishing boats were also deployed to clean up the spill, and Xinhua said more than 15 kilometers (9 miles) of oil barriers had been set up to keep the slick from spreading.

China Central Television earlier reported an estimate of 1,500 tons of oil has spilled. That would amount roughly to 400,000 gallons (1,500,000 liters) - as compared with 94 million to 184 million gallons in the BP oil spill off the U.S. coast.

China's State Oceanic Administration released the latest size of the contaminated area in a statement Tuesday.

The cause of the explosion that started the spill was still not clear. The pipeline is owned by China National Petroleum Corp., Asia's biggest oil and gas producer by volume.

more:
http://www.seattlepi.com/business/1310a ... ource=mypi

I read an article, that I figured was "woo woo" even for me, that revealed a "deal" that the "elite" made with the Greys, who promised, that they could clean up the oil in a matter of days, if they would clear all the coast lines ... don't remember how it went, (in and out) but with a couple of spills in SA, ours in the Gulf and now this in China, it sure seems like more than co-incidence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 pm 
Posting Freak

Artist: Tim Curry lyrics
Title: Toxic Love

Mmm, sludge
Mmm, filth
Aah, fumes
Oooh, cack

Oil and grime, poison sludge
Diesel clouds and noxious muck
Slime beneath me, slime up above
Ooh, you'll love my (ah-ah-ah) toxic love
Toxic love

I see the world and all the creatures in it
I suck 'em dry and spit 'em out like spinach
I feel the power, it's growing by the minute
And pretty soon you're gonna see me wallow in it

I feel good, a special kind of horny
Flowers and trees depress and frankly bore me
I think I'll spew them all with cyanide saliva
Pour me a puke cocktail and take me to the driver

Filthy brown acid rain
Pouring down like egg chow mein
All that's foul, all that's stained
Breeding in my toxic brain

And after dinner I could go for something sweet
Revenge for all those years locked (under the sea) in a tree!
I'll crush and grind all creatures great and small
And put up parking lots and shiny shopping malls

'Cause greedy human beings will always lend a hand
With the destruction of this worthless jungle land
And what a beautiful machine they have provided (underwater deep sea drilling)
To slice a path of doom with my foul breath to guide it

Hit me one time
Hit me twice
Ah, ah, ah
That's rather nice

Oil and grime, poison sludge
Diesel clouds and noxious muck
Slime beneath me, slime up above
Ooh, you'll love my (ah-ah-ah) toxic love.

(from the Movie Ferngully)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 pm 
Posting Freak

Censored Gulf news: People bleeding internally, millions poisoned says 'EPA whistleblower'
July 21, 9:44 AMHuman Rights ExaminerDeborah Dupre'

http://www.examiner.com/x-10438-Human-Rights-Examiner~y2010m7d21-Censored-Gulf-news-Whistleblower-EPA-hiding-gassed-people-bleeding-internally

... \we have dolphins that are hemorrhaging. People who work near it are hemorrhaging internally. And that’s what dispersants are supposed to do... Congressman Markey and Nadler, as well as Senator Mikulski, have been heroes... Mark Kaufman, EPA whistleblower, Democracy Now!

Poisoning millions of people

In its report, EPA Whistleblower Accuses Agency of Covering Up Effects of Dispersant in BP Oil Spill Cleanup, Democracy Now! states that "many lawmakers and advocacy groups say the Obama administration is not being candid about the lethal effects of dispersants," so Amy Goodman interviewed Hugh Kaufman, a senior policy analyst at the EPA’s Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response and a leading critic of the decision to use Corexit" who disclosed how the officials are lying about many things related to the catastrophe poisoning "millions of people." (Listen: Real Audio Strea or MP3 Download)

The rushed transcript includes Kaufman saying, "And I think the media now has to follow the money, just as they did in Watergate, and tell the American people who’s getting money for poisoning the millions of people in the Gulf. (Emphasis added)

"While concerns over the impact of chemical dispersants continue to grow, Gulf Coast residents are outraged by a recent announcement that the $20 billion government-administered claim fund will subtract money cleanup workers earn by working for the cleanup effort from any future claims.

The "Vessels of Opportunity" program has employed hundreds of Gulf Coast out of work people because of the spill which Kaufman says is viewed as yest another way "to limit the number of lawsuits against BP."

"And the government—both EPA, NOAA, etc.—have been sock puppets for BP in this cover-up. (Emphasis added)

Kaufman concurs with MSNBC's report last week, that "sole purpose in the Gulf for dispersants is to keep a cover-up going for BP to try to hide the volume of oil that has been released and save them hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars of fines... not to protect the public health or environment. Quite the opposite.."

He says to follow the money, and that leads to individuals in the Obama Administration, naming Mr. Geithner, Mr. Summers with close ties to Larry Fink who owns BlackRock that owns most BP shares.

He commented on the children being poisoned:

"...you know, when you’re on the sand with your children and they dig, and there’s a little water?—they documented there was over 200 parts per million of oil waste in the water, and it’s not noticeable to the human eye... On top of it, the contamination in one of the samples was so high that when they put the solvent in, as a first step in identifying how much oil may be in the water, the thing blew up, just as he said, probably because there was too much Corexit in that particular sample."

When Goodman asked Kaufman to comment on the similarities between the Ground Zero of the Gulf catastrophe and what happened at Ground Zero of 911, he explained that he did the ombudsman investigation on Ground Zero, "where EPA made false statements about the safety of the air" ... since proven to be false.

Red herring: No more tests needed. Corexit known to be dangerous.

"The largest ingredient in Corexit is oil. But there are other materials. And when the ingredients are mixed with oil, the combination of Corexit or any dispersant and oil is more toxic than the oil itself. But EPA has all that information.

"That’s a red herring issue being raised, that we have to somehow know more information. When you look at the label and you look at the toxicity sheets that come with it, the public knows enough to know that it’s very dangerous. The National Academy of Science has done work on it. Toxicologists from Exxon that developed it have published on it.

"So, we know enough to know that it’s very dangerous, and to say that we just have to know more about it is a red herring issue. We know plenty. It’s very dangerous."

"[T]he media now has to follow the money, just as they did in Watergate, and tell the American people who’s getting money for poisoning the millions of people in the Gulf."

No mention was made by the whistleblower about military involvement in this operation, nor that the DoD has been in bed with EPA, testing disperants on unwitting individuals and large populations for decades.

With all eyes on big bad BP, could it be the real red herring?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm 
Posting Freak

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1869637971?bctid=115450706001

July 15, 2010
How Will a Hurricane Affect the Oil Spill?
Hurricane Alex provided a preview of the likely impacts of a hurricane on the ongoing oil spill

By David Biello

Hurricane Alex rumbled through the Gulf of Mexico recently, disrupting efforts to capture or clean up the oil gushing from BP's Macondo well and giving a preview of what a powerful tropical cyclone might do at the ongoing environmental disaster. With everyone from the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to Columbia University scientists predicting that this year’s hurricane season will be more active than normal, Alex is likely to foreshadow disruptions to come.

So what does a storm with the energy potential of 10,000 nuclear bombs do to an oil spill covering roughly 6,500 square kilometers?

"The oil is not going to be up in the clouds and raining down on people," says oceanographer Christopher Zappa of the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University. Or as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency put it in a June 23 statement, "EPA has no data, information or scientific basis that suggests that oil mixed with dispersant could possibly evaporate from the Gulf into the water cycle."

Of course, sea spray and evaporating water will carry the oil and any chemical dispersants with them, but it probably won't be an apocalyptic sight or experience. "There likely will be little traces of the hydrocarbons in the water that is condensed to form rain, but it will likely make up less than normal pollution does," says research meteorologist Frank Marks, director of hurricane research at NOAA's Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory in Miami, Fla. "The amount of water vapor evaporated that might contain hydrocarbons related to the spill will be very, very small." But it will be there. Already, the EPA states on its Web site that the agency has detected "pollutants associated with oil," such as volatile organic compounds, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and hydrogen sulfide, in Gulf shore air in "low levels."

And this polluted air and water vapor certainly will be carried to the near shore and left as an oily residue on everything from trees to electrical transformers, just as the salt from seawater often coats several kilometers inland in the wake of a hurricane. "If there's oil in the water, it will be coming along with it to some extent," says marine physicist Rick Luettich of the University of North Carolina. "I don't know how significant the impact will be."

As of now, NOAA is predicting 14 to 23 named storms—the most tropical cyclones ever anticipated by the U.S. government agency in its several decades of forecasts. "A variety of things, all of which are conducive to the formation and propagation of tropical cyclones, are in place this year," Luettich says. "We have to look at the 2005 season. That is the only one we are aware of that seems to be comparable to what we're expecting could happen this year." In that year, Hurricanes Katrina and Rita caused their own dispersed oil slicks in the Gulf of Mexico, along with devastating New Orleans and the Gulf Coast—and there were 28 storms, all told. In 2010, sea surface temperatures—the primary fuel of hurricanes—are already higher than in 2005. "It's actually at unprecedented levels," Greg Holland, director of the National Center for Atmospheric Research's Earth System Laboratory, testified to Congress on June 30. "It's a combination of global warming and natural variability."

Already storms have caused lightning strikes on the Deepwater Horizon rig pumping oil from the broken well, shutting the rig down, and even the relatively minor Hurricane Alex halted relief efforts, preventing the skimming or burning of roughly 60,000 barrels of oil over three days. "The weather hits us on several fronts: one, in our inability to recover and, two, it does break down that boom and make it more permeable [to oil]," said Rear Admiral Paul Zukunft of the U.S. Coast Guard during a July 2 press briefing on the impacts of Alex, including the suspension of skimming and burning as well as the displacement of the boom protecting the coastline. "Unfortunately, Mother Nature has voted against us as we're staging up this response."

Dispersal and movement
First and foremost, according to scientists, hurricane-force winds in excess of 119 kilometers per hour further mix and disperse the oil itself. "A lot of it will get mixed in the water column," Luettich says. "That will help disperse it a bit and help it be degraded more quickly, so that's probably a good thing,"

Not so good: "It's also going to move the oil," adds Zappa, including both the oil slick visible at the surface and the invisible oil plumes in the seawater. How exactly it moves the oil—whether sending it surging inland or pushing it further out to sea—will depend on exactly where the storm hits. Hurricanes in the Northern Hemisphere always spin counterclockwise. So a tropical cyclone that passes to the left (or west) of the bulk of the oil spill would push it closer to shore, while one that passes to the right (or east) would push it further out to sea. "A hurricane that went right up the west coast of Florida, a lot of the oil would be on the left-hand side of that, so it might get drawn offshore," Luettich notes. "A hurricane on Katrina's path would push a lot of stuff onto shore, given where a lot of the oil is right now."

He continues: "A hurricane like Ike [in 2008] could move that oil pretty large distances. It could take oil that is near the Mississippi Delta or even east of it and move it around to the Texas coast so Galveston could see it."

Luettich's simulations contradict mathematical modeling by NOAA of the likely movements of the ongoing oil spill, which shows a low probability of Texas being impacted and a general movement of the oil toward the east—in the absence of a hurricane.

Clean-up impact
Of course, a storm doesn't even have to come close to the slick to cause havoc, as Alex proved. "The main thing [hurricanes] do is generate waves, and those waves travel long distances," Luettich says. "They can have an impact on skimming and other efforts to stop the oil."

Alex's top winds of 160 kilometers per hour and the storm's path hundreds of kilometers south of the slick were enough to push tar balls to Galveston, Texas, and even into Lake Pontchartrain in Louisiana. "There is a good chance that the large circulation of Hurricane Alex contributed to westward advection of some of the tar balls related to the oil spill toward Louisiana and Texas," Marks says. But "it would be very hard to attribute the tar balls arriving only to the presence of Alex."

And if oil continues to need to be pumped from the ocean floor, operations will have to be shut down some 120 hours before a storm, according to Coast Guard Rear Admiral Thad Allen, who is directing the government's efforts to contain and clean up the oil spills. A new capped blowout preventer that BP has installed may avert that in future.

Dampening effects
Oil, paradoxically, also has the effect of calming rough seas—as has been reported or demonstrated by scientists from Aristotle to Benjamin Franklin. A small amount of oil can dampen a large amount of waves, due to the differing surface tensions of the two fluids.

In fact, a German experiment reported May 15, 1989, in the Journal of Geophysical Research (pdf) found that oil does indeed depress waves, primarily by dampening short waves that then cannot transfer their energy to longer waves. "If you put oil on the surface, oil damps out small waves very effectively," Zappa says. But "they found this at regular winds, 20 knots at maximum, not a hurricane."

Oil also dampens evaporation. But given that the oil slick, despite covering 6,500 square kilometers, is still three to four times smaller than a hurricane, it is not expected to dampen the power of an onrushing storm. "The hurricane is going to be so strong that it would break up any slicks and cause them to be patchy. It's not going to have too much of an impact on evaporation," Zappa says. "That's the idea, but we don't know for sure."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:05 am 
Posting Freak

Geochemist featured on PBS Newshour reports hydrocarbon remnants raining down in area around oil disaster

University of California Santa Barbara scientist and marine geochemistry expert Dr. David Valentine participated in a 10-day expedition to research the BP oil disaster.

Valentine noted that the area around the spill site “had a cloud of smoke hanging over it at all times”.

The cloud was composed of surface burn smoke and the “methane flair-up”.

He said the the burns form "one thick mass of clouds, and when it rains a lot of junk comes down from the particulate".

http://www.floridaoilspilllaw.com/scien ... articulate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:00 pm 
Posting Freak

EPA Whistleblower Accuses Agency of Covering Up Effects of Dispersant in BP Oil Spill Cleanup Wave-oil
With BP having poured nearly two million gallons of the dispersant known as Corexit into the Gulf of Mexico, many lawmakers and advocacy groups say the Obama administration is not being candid about the lethal effects of dispersants. We speak with Hugh Kaufman, a senior policy analyst at the EPA’s Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response and a leading critic of the decision to use Corexit. [includes rush transcript]

vid here: http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/20/epa_whistleblower_accuses_agency_of_covering#

more here about the gasses in the Gulf ... http://www.examiner.com/x-10438-Human-Rights-Examiner~y2010m6d15-Gulf-residents-gassed-Fl-prepares-evacuation

As Philpott reported, the MSDS for Corexit 9527A states 'excessive exposure may cause central nervous system effects, nausea, vomiting, anesthetic or narcotic effects,' and 'repeated or excessive exposure to butoxyethanol [an active ingredient] may cause injury to red blood cells (hemolysis), kidney or the liver.'

'"Prolonged and/or repeated exposure through inhalation or extensive skin contact with EGBE [butoxyethanol] may result in damage to the blood and kidneys.'"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:00 pm 
Posting Freak

starduster wrote:
.....Hurricane Alex provided a preview of the likely impacts of a hurricane on the ongoing oil spill......"

Alex.....

.....Alex......

.....relax.....

.....and breathe.....

.....and transcend.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTOQUnvI3CA

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:57 pm 
Posting Freak

I don't write these articles Russell ... I just transfer the knowledge :lol: ... in this topic most of my sources are external ... for whatever good it may serve as we prepare to face the facts (that are leaking from BP) .... contributed by many "experts" in their field.

I lost the link, but it was reported, that someone, decided to take a look at some of the other wells, and practices of BP around the world ... and are finding a pattern of cutting corners to save money at the expense of the environment .

wonder why it is those with a global perspective that feel the most alarmed by oily rain, mixed with methane gases being pushed around by the Jet streams and hurricans ... have you checked your puddles Russell... do they have an oily sheen? Are there any little white dots on your outdoor plants :roll:

just saying... that conveyor belt that keeps the UK warm is the next stop once the slurge rounds the FLA peninsula ... hope you've cut enough peat out of the bogs to keep you warm this winter "they" say that it is already being effected

Quote:
Since comparative analysis with past satellite data until may 2010 didn’t show
relevant anomalies, it might be therefore plausible to correlate the breaking of
the Loop Current with the biochemical and physical action of the BP Oil Spill on
the Gulf Stream.
It is reasonable to foresee the threat that the breaking of a crucial warm
stream as the Loop Current may generate a chain reaction of unpredictable
critical phenomena and instabilities due to strong non linearities which may
have serious consequences on the dynamics of the Gulf Stream thermoregulation
activity of the Global Climate.
Updated June 12th 2010

http://www.rense.com/general91/OilSpill-CNR%202.pdf

if, in fact, as this scientific research documment proves, the Gulf Current is broken already ... well then it is just a matter of time before the BP chicken comes home to lay some rotten eggs in her nest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:31 pm 
Posting Freak

Scientists Find Evidence That Oil And Dispersant Mix Is Making Its Way Into The Foodchain

Scientists have found signs of an oil-and-dispersant mix under the shells of tiny blue crab larvae in the Gulf of Mexico, the first clear indication that the unprecedented use of dispersants in the BP oil spill has broken up the oil into toxic droplets so tiny that they can easily enter the foodchain.

Marine biologists started finding orange blobs under the translucent shells of crab larvae in May, and have continued to find them "in almost all" of the larvae they collect, all the way from Grand Isle, Louisiana, to Pensacola, Fla. -- more than 300 miles of coastline -- said Harriet Perry, a biologist with the University of Southern Mississippi's Gulf Coast Research Laboratory.

And now, a team of researchers from Tulane University using infrared spectrometry to determine the chemical makeup of the blobs has detected the signature for Corexit, the dispersant BP used so widely in the Deepwater Horizon

"It does appear that there is a Corexit sort of fingerprint in the blob samples that we ran," Erin Gray, a Tulane biologist, told the Huffington Post Thursday. Two independent tests are being run to confirm those findings, "so don't say that we're 100 percent sure yet," Gray said.

"The chemistry test is still not completely conclusive," said Tulane biology professor Caz Taylor, the team's leader. "But that seems the most likely thing."

With BP's well possibly capped for good, and the surface slick shrinking, some observers of the Gulf disaster are starting to let down their guard, with some journalists even asking: Where is the oil?

But the answer is clear: In part due to the 1.8 million gallons of dispersant that BP used, a lot of the estimated 200 million or more gallons of oil that spewed out of the blown well remains under the surface of the Gulf in plumes of tiny toxic droplets. And it's short- and long-term effects could be profound.

more :http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/29/scientists-find-evidence_n_664298.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 pm 
Posting Freak

For those of you who thought the worst was over, when they capped the well... think again ... just because you can't SEE the oil, floating on the surface of the Gulf, doesn't mean that there isn't a billion gallons of it just below the surface, being "dispersed" by 2 million gallons of corexite to mask the extent of the damage BP has caused ... now we hear that the pressure of the subterrainan oil deposit has found weak spots and is still gushing out, only this time the amount isn't being measured ... as it collapses the walls around these wells (yes more than one now) the threat of the entire seabed being sucked into the void, is very real, and very dangerous, and now we are at the point where nothing can be done to stop it ... because the only known solution is to bore "relief wells" and they are collapsing before they can even get a pipe in them.... the "blast" option is out, now that they understand the nature of this oil volcano better.

http://www.floridaoilspilllaw.com/relie ... bore-video

RELIEF WELL COLLAPSE: 40 feet of “side walls kind of fell in on itself”; BP to take 24-36 hours removing debris from wellbore (VIDEO)

Quote:
Some sort of endothermal event IS happening IN the ocean floor below and around the
well head. Most likely, it's oil reservoir pressure that is bleeding up from below
and around the well head and permeating the soil, heating it up and releasing
the "locked in" Methane Hydrate "ice".

This is very disturbing, as that Methane Hydrate "ice" is part of the
soil makeup and its loss will soften the soil, letting the relatively
warmer seawater permeate DOWN and heat up MORE Methane Hydrate "ice".

There's a runaway thermal cascade in progress and only a few experts probably even realize it

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:07 pm 
Posting Freak

great music on this vid I am sure you will recognize and enjoy it ... while you drink your cup of doom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObLIELvUHEE&feature=player_embedded#!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:58 pm 
Posting Freak

Here is a great example of how the "orchestrated circumstances" whether caused by the gods, Nature, or man, motivate people to say NO MORE ... will biz be -as usual ... ENOUGH of the deception and lies ... we will not IGNORE it any longer, for the sake of "political correctness"

NOW is the time to bring this system and the walls that compartmentalize our perspective, DOWN ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp2B2gIc-Ks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 pm 
Posting Freak

Well, it's all over, according to BP ... the well is capped, no more oil is leaking from the sea bed, and all the oil is "gone" ... according to their reports a fourth of it was skimmed or burned, a quarter of it was "dispersed" into harmless particles, that settled so deep that it won't cause any disruption to the eco-system, a quarter of it evaporated, and a quarter of it can be seen as a very thin sheen on the Gulf's surface ... isn't that great! Life returns to normal ... better than "normal" if you ask Obama ... five billion gallons of oil and two million gallons of cortext all GONE - vanished

sure it did

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:20 pm 
Posting Freak

here's where the internet shines ... you can fool some of the people some of the time, but NEVER all of the people, all of the time

A Tale of Two Wells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oaf998FwQVI

so it appears that we know nothing ... for sure... which well was capped and which one was "static killed" ? This vid seems to prove it wasn't the one that exploded.

I am so distrusting of BP ... I don't know what to believe anymore ... could the microbes actually have eaten up all the oil ??? as advertised ... how long before you will eat Gulf seafood?

Seems the locals aren't buying the "official story either, and have dredged up plenty of oil from the bottom of the Mississippi sound ... and other places ... they aren't eating the seafood either.

looks like BP is counting on the old cliche' "outta sight, outta mind" ... but perhaps the worst is over ... unless the oil found its way out of the Gulf into the Atlantic conveyor belt ... time will tell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:48 am 
Posting Freak

here is a town hall meeting ... listen to the concerns of the people living down there.... now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdn5w7A ... _embedded#!

and this just recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LbR_9_W ... r_embedded

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:13 pm 
Posting Freak

this is not the first "head of the EPA" that has voiced his alarm ... the retired "senior official" from the EPA also, has been sounding a similar warning to anyone who would listen ... and our president released a picture of him and his 9 yr old daughter swimming at Pannama City Fla ... who will you chose to believe?

Countdown: EPA Whistle-Blower and agency legend Hugh Kaufman - Gulf dispersants a fraud
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4-eoNE-izk&feature=player_embedded

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:52 pm 
Posting Freak

We took water samples, from several areas in the Gulf, to be tested for Corexit and Petrochemicals to a lab in Mobile, Alabama. We found that most locals suspected the waters weren't safe, although the tourist we spoke to allowed their children to swim in the water. While the lab didn't find Corexit, in the samples we provided, the lab did find oil levels in the water (that appeared clean) MUCH higher than that considered safe.

http://video.godlikeproductions.com/video/BP_Oil_Spill_locals_swim_in_condo_pools_while_tourist_swim_in_toxic_Gulf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 am 
Posting Freak

Censored Gulf news: Spike Lee, Sandra Bullock exposing fascist lies and deceit next targets?
August 15th, 2010 6:51 pm
As increasing numbers of Gulf Coast residents become too ill to protest being killed with posions and mainstream news is complicit by downplaying the crime against humanity and genocide in the region, Spike Lee and Sandra Bullock have taken a public stand against fascist lies and deception by Obama's petrochemical-military-industrial-complex (PMIC). They could be next in line for targeting by the PMIC hired lethal bullies paying late night calls to Gulf Coast whistleblowers.

Even Scientific American is not addressing flagrant use of Corexit 9527 still being sprayed, nor raising awarenes about ill health effects. (See "Doubts on Dispresans." (See: http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... ispersants)

Pensacola News Journal reports in "Military Notes" that employees of Eglin Air Force Base are digging up sea turtle eggs. Contrary to most news reports claiming that there is no oil and Gulf waters are safe for swimming and to eat the Gulf seafood, the remarkable turtle initiative is "to protect the hatchlings from toxic oil remaining in the Gulf." (See link below) This is more consideration than given to Gulf Coast pregnant women's unborn or children, the most susceptible to the toxins.

In the Youtube video below, Spike Lee addresses the deception and lies, emphatically explaining that the chemical effects will continue for decades based on the deaths and suffering of the Exxon Valdez spill.

Sandra Bullock became involved with "Women of the Storm" but has bailed on contributing to its Public Service Announcements after learning the orgaization is a BP front.

Bullock said that at no time was she made aware that companies had anything to do with the organization. (See CNN, Hollywood: Video Online at http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbi ... k.face.hln)

Ground Zero volunteers in New Orleans were recently outraged when they learned the truth about "Women of the Storm" campaigns with slogans such as "Be The One" (the tag line in Rebecca Harrell's song in the movie FUEL about healthy, safe and humane energy alternatives). The slogan that really triggered anger by volunteers who knew the group's source of funding was,

"Among its stars of its moving video are Sandra Bullock, Wendell Pierce, Lenny Kravitz, John Goodman, Dave Matthews, Mary Matalin, James Carville, Drew Brees, Peyton and Eli Manning, Emeril Lagasse, Harry Shearer, Dr. John, Leah Chase, Bryan Batt, Blake Lively, Alfre Woodard, Eric Harvey (of the band Spoon), Jack del Rio, Clay Hensley and many more," according to its website.??

The "women" boast, "Women of the Storm has harnessed the latest in social media techniques as it seeks to capture hundreds of thousands of e-signatures using an "agressive" PR campaign.

On July 31st, the women issued a press release, "Women of the Storm Responds to Rumors
About the Restore the Gulf Campaign."

Will Bullock and Lee be the next targeted individuals for exposing the truth instead of supporting the lies and deceit that the PMIC and its mainstream media are feeding the American public?

Three days after the untimely death of the major thorn in the PNIC's side, Matt Simmons, another major Gulf whistleblower exposing evidence of the crime against humanity and genocide in the Gulf region was met in lae at night by men in black.

Matt Smith, founding director of Project Gulf Impact was paid a visit late Tuesday night by two men aggressively attemtping to get him to answer his door. He was in his California home after weeks of filming in the Gulf Coast.

Smith has interviewed on film scores of people such as Riki Ott, BP workers and people suffering from being poisoned, some sprayed with Corexit over their homes. He has also filmed the oil obviously still on and tainting beaches after those areas had been "cleaned."

Virtually all targeted persons quickly learn that, for one reason or another, police will not protect or defend them when they call for help. Smith called police while the intruders were on his doorstep. Police did not arrive until 45 minutes later.

Smith has now joined forces with Intel Hub and is hosting one of their radio programs. Listen to his first Gulf Oil show on August 12 that he contributed here to learn about his first-hand experience of how company goons start their often lethal campaign against whistleblowers. (Project Gulf Impact, Exposing the Gulf Disaster, Intel Hub, August 12, 2010)

Listening to Smith's program, the reader will hear frontline workers at Ground Zero speak about their contacts - friends, associates and others - who are too ill to come out of their homes much less participate in organized demonstrations or protests against genocide in the Gulf Coast.

links and vids embedded here: http://www.examiner.com/human-rights-in-national/censored-gulf-news-spike-lee-sandra-bullock-exposing-fascist-lies-and-deceit-next-targets

those of you who want to IGNORE the plight of your fellow man ... and fail to recognize the many voices of VALOR that defy ridicule, the MNS and even death, because it doesn't effect YOU directly are no better than the BP employees who have sold their souls. The results of the "spill" are not over ... it has just begun... and you may want to examine your reaction to this news ... and understand how much you are influenced by the MSN who wants you to believe that there is no more oil ... and that it poses no danger to the entire planet, despite scientific facts ... because if you believe that, it proves how programed you ARE.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:43 pm 
Posting Freak

Uncovering the Lies That Are Sinking the Oil

Monday 16 August 2010

by: Dahr Jamail and Erika Blumenfeld, t r u t h o u t | Report

Recent days in Mississippi waters found fishermen and scientists finding oil in Garden Pond on Horn Island, massive fish kills near Cat Island, "black water" in Mississippi Sound and submerged oil in Pass Christian.

Mississippi residents and fishermen Truthout spoke with believe Walker's move was from an order given by Gov. Haley Barbour, who has been heavily criticized over the years for his lobbying on behalf of the Tobacco and Oil industries.

Two days after Walker's announcement and in response to claims from state and federal officials that Gulf Coast waters are safe and clean, fishermen took their own samples from the waters off of Pass Christian in Mississippi.

The samples were taken in water that is now open for shrimping, as well as from waters directly over Mississippi's oyster bed, that will likely open in September for fishing.

Commercial fisherman James "Catfish" Miller, took fishermen Danny Ross Jr. and Mark Stewart, along with scientist Dr. Ed Cake of Gulf Environmental Associates and others out and they found the fishing grounds to be contaminated with oil and dispersants.

Their method was simple - they tied an absorbent rag to a weighted hook, dropped it overboard for a short duration of time, then pulled it up to find the results. The rags were covered in a brown, oily substance that the fishermen identified as a mix of BP's crude oil and toxic dispersants.

Shortly thereafter, Catfish Miller took the samples to a community meeting in nearby D'Iberville to show fishermen and families. At the meeting, fishermen unanimously supported a petition calling for the firing of Dr. Walker, the head of Mississippi's DMR, who is responsible for opening the fishing grounds.

Dr. Cake wrote of the experience: "When the vessel was stopped for sampling, small, 0.5- to 1.0-inch-diameter bubbles would periodically rise to the surface and shortly thereafter they would pop leaving a small oil sheen. According to the fishermen, several of BP's Vessels-of-Opportunity (Carolina Skiffs with tanks of dispersants [Corexit]) were hand spraying in Mississippi Sound off the Pass Christian Harbor in prior days/nights. It appears to this observer that the dispersants are still in the area and are continuing to react with oil in the waters off Pass Christian Harbor."

lots more here: http://www.truth-out.org/uncovering-lie ... g-oil62345

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:12 pm 
Posting Freak

nope, this ain't going away ... it is NOT fixed and it may even be getting worse as BP draggs its feet ... and the fleet sits in Costa Rica wating for the GOM to blow.

BP to install a new BOP or alter the one we have! Relief well avoided AGAIN!

Quote:
There is some concern about the relief well punching into the 'annulus' and creating increased pressure in the wellhead....so they pushed back the timeline AGAIN ont he relief well to late August and are considering two options to address the pressure problems.

Allen said, experts need more time to analyze two options for dealing with a rise in pressure.

One option would involve building a mechanism on the existing cap that could relieve the pressure. Allen said they hoped oil would not be released into the ocean under this plan.

The other option would involve removing the existing blowout preventer and cap and replacing it with a stronger one that could withstand any pressure increases when the relief well process starts.

More here...

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug/17/nation/la-na-oil-spill-20100817

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:28 am 
Posting Freak

why did BP risk killing Matt Simmons ? maybe because allowing him to live would cost them a billion dollars ?

I have grown to really appreciate this website ... And they have gathered all of Matts interviews here, including the last one, that got him killed ...

http://welcometoafreeworld.blogspot.com/2010/08/what-matt-simmons-said-about-oil-spill.html

you can discern for yourself, what you believe about Matt's untimely death ... there is no doubt in my mind that he was murdered because he told the truth.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:05 pm 
Posting Freak

Gulf fishermen being held responsible for toxic seafood

Federal government admits not testing for arsenic, mercury or other toxic heavy metals in seafood

The US government, and even President Obama himself, have said that Gulf seafood is safe to eat in the wake of the massive BP oil spill.

But an admission from the federal government that it hasn't been testing Gulf seafood for toxic heavy metals, and news that fishermen are being forced to sign waivers making them liable for toxins in their catch, suggest not everyone is convinced of the safety of Gulf seafood.

Louisiana fishermen's activist Kindra Arnesen says dock owners are asking fishermen to sign waivers that put the full responsibility for toxins found in the catch on the fishermen themselves.

[link to rawstory.com]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIF57Fphj2E related video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGckevATNPY FDA is not testing for toxicity in GOM fish

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next