WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problem with accessing Sumbola from Poland
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:19 am 

Hi all,
we have a problem of accessing Sumbola site from Poland. Is there anyone here from Poland to have some solution how to access page? I`ve tried already websites that change ip the site loads but I cannot even sing up. I`ve written to Sumbola support they don`t know what the problem is and ask for printscreens and I haven`t received any more answer... I`m very keen in reading James new book so if anyone has any suggestion I would be grateful :)

Ktoś z Polski jest na forum ? :)

Post subject: Re: Problem with accessing Sumbola from Poland
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:15 am 

I dont speak polish

Mutta minä puhun suomea
och
jag talar svenska!
and english.

What a pity that you cannot access the site...

but at least you can buy the book when it comes : )

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:15 am 

I wish I could buy...but if it cost as much as for example Dohrman Prohepcy about 25$ plus shipping 25$ = 50$ it would be hard to buy...

the avarage salary here in Poland is about 400$/month so it is quite expensive in comparsion to 8$ that I could spent to read the book online ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:19 pm 

I feel you.

But I have an idea; after I've read it I can change the password to my account and you can read it through my account, if it is OK for sumbola. . . how will I find out that?

Then after you have read it I will change my password again. I'm soon finished in reading it.

What do you think? would you like to ask them if it is ok to do that? since you have been talking to them earlier, and they know you and your misfortune of not being able to read it from poland.

EDIT - My idea is not so good. I just recognized what my last sentence was... you cannot read it from poland. . . you cannot access the site. That's tricky! What can we do about that? Have you tried some other web browsers? Try them all; Google Chrome, Firefox, Camino, Opera, Safari. . . ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:39 am 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
it is probably your Operating System .... I discovered that when Spirit State was launched that XP was not able to handlle most of the content and switched to Win 7 and that solved the issue - since Sumbola came later I assume that it was built on that OS and that it requires it .... and that would cost you more than the book X4 and you would still have to pay for the book ... I doubt that it is a problem specific to Poland, but I could be wrong about that ... and I have no way to help you solve this problem other than to suggest that you continue to let the staff at Sumbola know your situation - but I am sure that you understand their concerns, and the concerns of their members who want their own books "protected"

I am not certain, but got the impression that the book would also be available on SS website at a later date, maybe all you have to do is wait until then .... ? but as long as your issue is with your computer, you wouldn't be able to read the book, even if someone "gifted" you a copy ... right?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:13 pm 

Thanks for your answers, and thanks Onyks for your proposition but it seems it won`t wokr..It`s weird but it has to do something with country...maybe the cause of its not working properly lies on the side of server or hosting supplier...I`ve already tried with friends who are in Poland and in other countries and on different operating systems and those who live abroad have no problem with accessing it. And also when I try to get there with website that allows connection from different countries` ip Sumbola works fine on both windows xp and windows 7 but I cannot sing up or in from there...so I have to wait until they solve problem or the book will be release on SpiritState.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:37 pm 
Posting Freak

Aylon wrote:
Hi all,
we have a problem of accessing Sumbola site from Poland. Is there anyone here from Poland to have some solution how to access page? I`ve tried already websites that change ip the site loads but I cannot even sing up. I`ve written to Sumbola support they don`t know what the problem is and ask for printscreens and I haven`t received any more answer... I`m very keen in reading James new book so if anyone has any suggestion I would be grateful :)

Ktoś z Polski jest na forum ? :)

Hi and welcome to the forum Aylon. Sometimes the web guys are very very busy so be patient they will help you if they can. Wow! 400 dollars a month ! That's as much as some here spend on food alone per month and that's a conservative estimate. We seem to take so much for granted on this side of the ocean. Take care honey and I hope you get access. : ?}

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY