WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Magical Realism
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:05 pm 

I know that anybody that reads this has experienced.
Please share your hopefully adventure that was multidimensional in scope.

Post subject: Re: Magical Realism
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
you first :mrgreen: it's your topic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:36 am 
Posting Freak

OK , we've heard a lot of your version of Magical Realism already - I have, also had many "magical" moments in my life, that I felt were real ... one really sticks out in my mind ...
it happened when I was studying Kabbalah, and really getting into meditation and getting really good at visualization and breathing practices - using glyphs as mantras ... I spent a full hour meditating each day and another, reading the Zohar out loud with a friend, going to classes, and attending Shebat meetings, practicing the Mitzvahs - immersed in practice ... I had been focused on gaining access to the "elevator" the Kabbalist writing had described that would take me where-ever I wanted to go, in the "tree of Life" (sacred geometry) if I "tone-ed" the mantras correctly ... I believed that I had studied enough by then, to understand their "code" and decided to try a "new way" to gain entry ... and omg it worked ! There I was in the elevator - GOING UP!

I am not going to tell you how I found myself at the top of the elevator or what what was there - I'm going to show you (snicker)

and that is what makes the wingmaker experience Magical Realism to me ... I saw myself, exactly as James drew that blue flame, in this picture - with a "halo" of glyphs - in the presence of the Source of Light ... two years before I saw this painting ... but seeing that painting, was the most magical moment of my life - it far surpassed the "magic" of my personal experience ... I didn't have the Wholeness Perspective that James has, so I didn't "see" all the Portals or the Q ... all I saw was the Light, and the "halo" being put around me ... but that was where I was ... in the Habitat of the Soul.

and the Magic didn't stop there, there were other pictures in the WM's Art that showed significant events in my life and the visuals that I got from listening to the music were very real to me, I could interact with them with all my senses and emotions - the magic of these materials just never ends ...

... in the original introduction to the materials, they talked about Others having gone down this path before, and how they left "sign-post" along the way - for others to find - who knew what to look for ... these paintings were "sign-post" to me, because they were showing me that others, have been on the same path as I am on now ... we've seen some of the same things ... and there is plenty more to see because the WMs live where you live - and have brightened the path for us all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:56 pm 
Posting Freak

another example of "magical realism" :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0I2ZrBuFdQ

Paul's Fixin A Hole.

Lyrics:
I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
And stops my mind from wandering
Where it will go
I'm filling the cracks that ran through the door
And kept my mind from wandering
Where it will go
And it really doesn't matter if I'm wrong
I'm right
Where I belong I'm right
Where I belong.
See the people standing there who disagree and never win
And wonder why they don't get in my door.
I'm painting the room in a colourful way
And when my mind is wandering
There I will go.
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right
Where I belong I'm right
Where I belong.
Silly people run around they worry me
And never ask me why they don't get past my door.
I'm taking the time for a number of things
That weren't important yesterday
And I still go.
I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
And stops my mind from wandering
Where it will go.

The WM's music has lyrics in visuals, that are far more magical IMO