WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Quantusum A Wholeness Perspective
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:56 pm 
Posting Freak

I love Quantusum for how brilliantly James depicts such a vast overview of what took place in his story without prejudice and judgement. Notice he didn't "blame" anyone for anything, blame being a device used to keep one stuck preventing resolution from taking place and/or awareness and change. He showed how every component of the story was related to other components. I especially love how he showed what most think of as "darkness" was crucial to the outcome and how it accelerated a most wonderful outcome if anything. I now look at things very differently than when I began that story and feel this lightness of being for the understanding if not the love that flows just a little bit more freely. I am into my second reading and know more will come from other readings if not in understanding and expansiveness alone. This story has very powerful encoding. I love how he describes turning away from the illusion of darkness for how much the illusionist feeds off of the attention to keep its parasitical ways going. I love the compassion given and felt even for the parasites. This story is a huge turning point for the better if not for the humor, and hope alone that it generates. Overviews have a way of doing that and this one I thank James for wholeheartedly!

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

Post subject: Re: Quantusum A Wholeness Perspective
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:22 pm 
Posting Freak

Suffering was taken to a new level in this story. It surpassed all religious explanations and flew vertically past any and all excuses to use suffering to oppress and destroy. It's kinda Christlike as depicted in Quantusum in the character Solomon. The tremendous pressure created by his suffering released only more understanding, compassion and love in Solomon which he readily influenced others of his ilk with or those who supressed it, giving them a hand up to stand equal with him, wiser for the experience feeling, and rediscovering the lightness of their being which was one with Solomon.

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:40 pm 
Posting Freak

I'll not post more about the story for a while since not everyone has read it and i don't want to spoil it for them. See ya in a month or so, I should be able to get in quite a few rereadings in that time. Still...there's nothing quite like the delight of the first initial exposure to the story... :wink: :D

P.S. Developing awareness of the Energetic Heart for how awesome the practice of that is and what it does couldn't be better articulated and shown then how this story does it. It makes me so happy for having practiced and still practicing those 6 Heart Virtues, Quantum Pause, various techniques from the Discourses etc, methods suggested from HeartMath and a few of my own. Their value cannot be underestimated if not obvious for those who genuinely practice them to the best of their ability... and.....those exotic lands await us... because of it....

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm 

One of my favorite "aha!" moments from the book:

"I controlled my attention, and the part of me that was attentive was the part I trusted. Any time I felt nudged by distraction, fear or doubt, I knew it was from some other source that was smaller, uncertain and weak, and from that source I turned away." Quantusum, SS p. 5

The idea of "turning away" from what does not serve me, and focusing on what is deeper, truer, closer to the heart and soul....this is one I am keeping in the forefront of my awareness, for now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:15 pm 
Posting Freak

Ananake wrote:
One of my favorite "aha!" moments from the book:

"I controlled my attention, and the part of me that was attentive was the part I trusted. Any time I felt nudged by distraction, fear or doubt, I knew it was from some other source that was smaller, uncertain and weak, and from that source I turned away." Quantusum, SS p. 5

The idea of "turning away" from what does not serve me, and focusing on what is deeper, truer, closer to the heart and soul....this is one I am keeping in the forefront of my awareness, for now.

Ya, I really love that too. Thanx for this. Perhaps, it's because of it's simplicity and ability to discern what is mind and what is Heart and no doubt that is how this ebook was written...from the Heart...

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:52 pm 
Posting Freak

I love Uncle in this story and how he points out that people will look hard to find what they want to see according to the beliefs they have been fed when it comes to their expectations of shamans , medicine men, etc and be bamboozled as well. He showed how simple observation can have a effect on naive people who aren't so observant. His example being predicting a falling star because he was observant enough to notice a meteor shower before hand and Solomon hadn't noticed it or didn't know to see or notice it. I like how uncle puts the onus on the one with the expectations to see for themselves instead of relying on someone else to lead them. Is it any wonder that few awaken when they are in the habit of relying on someoen else to think or see for them? Self doubt has a way of consumming one when they allow fear to constrict and limit them to options. The spirit is called to override all of that such as it did in Solomon's case with a little bit of help form some friends. I love the humor of it all.

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:58 pm 
Posting Freak

It's to be fooled if one thinks they are "special" in the discovery of the Grand Portal...especially when that discovery is made possible by so many actions of so many over time from both sides of the swinging pendulum. It all counts and so does everyone. :wink:

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:32 pm 
Posting Freak

I find this interesting from Chapter 41 in Quantusum called "The Seventh Door", Uncle is telling Solomon about The Presence and it verifys what I was saying on this forum years ago about the physical coming from or created from the etheric. We are and have always been first nonphysical and from that realm the physical was/is created. It's how Nammu is able to beat up Solomon here, is by manifesting from another dimension to do so. Earlier in the story, she tells Solomon she is from and in another dimension. It's interesting also because it shows that the only way home is "within" its never in the forest of distraction without. The controllers want our attention on externals because its what they control. They cannot and do not control what is within , the realm of First Source and The Presence.

Quote:
"This is how the Creator extends throughout the Universe. The Presence manifests in physical qualities in light, gravity, space, vibration ad so on, and these are like our human presence-they're physical. There is also a spiritual presence, one that cannot be seen, but is the cause of the physical. The Presence is both the spiritual and physical qualities. "

p.298 Quantusum (emphasis mine in italics)

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:00 pm 
Posting Freak

Getting on here....

The point Uncle makes about the subtle and seeking it is also very profound in its simplicity, for the use of imagination required. The difficulty comes in all that we have allowed to divert our attention away from right use of imagination in the seeking of the subtle. In other words, distraction and especially self-doubt are great deterrents. However, when we are aware of what we can do and do it consistantly, it has a very positive effect if not preparation for the Sovereign Integral to play its role in our lives.

Quote:
"How does anyone sense this Presence or make use of it?" I asked.

"The same way you sense anything non-physical, you feel it."

"How?"

"By practicing and raising your awareness until you can feel a heart virtue that you are practicing is felt as one continuous behavior."

"What do you mean?"

"If you practice forgiveness to others, even when it's not returned, it will return to you from the Creator, and you will feel this in subtle ways, and to feel the subtle you must seek it. You must open yourself to its expression in your life. You must use your imagination."

"All of this imagination feels like a made-up experience...like I'm creating the experience...it's not really happening-"

"What you experience is yours," Uncle said firmly. "If you choose to create through your imagination and your world reflects this, you have created your world differently than those who have allowed the Controllers to create their world. Your imagination is your antenna to the Presence. The Presence is your connection to your Creator. The connection is what enables the Sovereign Integral state to exist within the human state."

Quantusum, Chapter 41, The Seventh Door, p.299

WoW!!!

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:26 am 

I understand that James uses myth as a vehicle for truth but I am interested to hear from others concerning his profuse use of 'demon' entities. I am hoping to get other readers' perspectives on whether or not we are to understand these entities to be literal or just metaphorical.

Are these entities only created by our own fears manifesting themselves? What about other individuals creating these entities through their fears-how can they affect us?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:46 am 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
I believe, that the word "demon" is a generalization of Ugly Entities up to no good ... who take their orders from others ... there were no religious attachments in the story - so I don't think that there is any connection - or specific understanding of the word -other way to describe these entities other than to use these general terms that we can all relate to with some measure of understanding ... I find it interesting that what we perceive as demons - often identify themselves as "gods" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:41 pm 
Posting Freak

What does this mean Quantusum A Wholeness Perspective ?....please explain after you get done biting off my hand for asking .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:44 pm 
Posting Freak

Entities are literal.....suckers real enough if your resonance falls to theirs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:37 pm 

In my opinion, demons -- entities, hungry ghosts, wrathful deities, evil spirits, Satan, "Zetas," "Anu" et al. -- whatever form they take, are all real on some level. Many, if not most, spiritual or mythic traditions make profuse use of them. You can say they are "just" metaphorical, but this does not diminish their power.

"Every man who loses his shadow, every nation that falls into self-righteousness, is their prey." - Carl Jung

(By "losing one's shadow," Jung is referring to the failure to recognize the demons in oneself, to shine the light of consciousness on them, and to turn away from them. This struggle confronts Solomon throughout the novel.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 am 

Thanks to all of you for your replies so far to my question. Now lets up the ante a bit. When I was a young man in my twenties (during the 1970's) I came across a series of writings by Carlos Castaneda who was an anthropology major at UCLA. For those unaware of his writings a brief synopsis of Carlos and his works can be found on Wikipedia. Suffice it to say he describes his encounters with a Yaqui indian from Mexico who becomes his tutor. He is described as a shaman who introduces Carlos to a 'separate reality' by altering his consciousness using techniques and peyote.

In my opinion the resemblance of Quantusum to Castaneda's writings borders on plagiarism. I abandoned my association with Castaneda's writings years ago since there was such a focus on meeting with, and doing battle with what can only be described as demonic entities.

I have been a faithful reader of James' works for several years now, but with Quantusum I must ask-what's with all this demonism James?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:38 am 

Quote:
"QUESTION 9
Can you explain the concept of evil? Is it real?

ANSWER 9
The primary concern in the universe is not evil, but ignorance. When members of a species are in ignorance of their identity as an individuated consciousness, they are more easily manipulated and seduced by the temporal illusions of MEST (matter, energy, space, time). The MEST universe is the most exterial view of the multiverse, and those who identify with it as their true home are living in ignorance.

It is from this lack of knowledge that the concept of evil has propagated into an array of characters, energies, and motives. Evil, at its most distilled level, is merely partial awareness, and from this partial awareness, the soul carrier of any species is capable of behaviors that can be termed evil. Evil, as it pertains to a personality like First Source, does not exist. It is not a codified energy system or intelligence. It is a behavioral expression of ignorance and nothing more.

In this context, Lyricus is concerned with evil, but does not fear its power or impact because evil is not coordinated and coherent, unlike those who are aligned with First Source. Moreover, evil is in conflict with itself more than it is in conflict with First Source and its aligned expressions. In most instances, Lyricus looks upon the evil expressions of a species or one of its members with compassion, heightening our resolve to assist a species to the Grand Portal.

In Lyricus terminology, evil is resistance to the path of awareness – namely the Grand Portal. Resistance to the Grand Portal’s discovery and propagation is the primary outgrowth of uninformed entities that desire to retain the deceptions of their personal power, fearing that the enlightenment of the species will displace them. Evil lacks a root system that is fed from the depths of the individuated consciousness, and it is therefore easily eradicated once the individuated consciousness becomes the identity of the human species."

http://www.lyricus.org/faqs/relationships.htm

Quote:
When the young prince-turned-mendicant, Siddhartha, sat down on a
seat of soft grass on the east side of a pipal tree, he vowed not to
arise until he had attained full awakening. Because of his
meditative experience, he knew what lay before him. He knew that in
a certain way, awakening was direct and simple, a spontaneous
experience of clarity and radiance, born of lifetimes of a settled
discipline of mind. But he also knew that he must be strong and
resolute, for he would be attacked by Mara, the demon lord of
death and destruction, and his awakening depended upon maintaining
an open but unyielding attitude toward these attacks. Mara
represented the unacknowledged or unfinished karmic tendencies,
emotionality, and conceptuality inherent in Siddhartha himself and
in all human experience.

As he sat still, it is said that Mara attacked Siddhartha in nine
great storms -- a whirlwind, a great rainstorm, and showers of
rocks, weapons, hot coals, hot ashes, sand, mud, and darkness.
Each storm blew its its, only to become a gentle rain of flowers as
it approached the compassionate prince, who remained immovable on
his meditation seat. As he and Mara faced each other down,
Siddhartha claimed his right to the seat of awakening, summoning the
earth as his support and witness, and Mara and his hordes slunk
away.

http://ccbs.ntu.edu.tw/FULLTEXT/JR-EPT/simm.htm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 am 
Posting Freak

Hi Robert, I think the key word would be expereinced. I am uncertain if One has to forgive anyone, in the program of recovery,I was told to let go,and let god. Sometimes I personally do not believe its healthy to ask forgiveness when someone might Hurt you in return. So going back to recovery,I was told to not tell someone that you had Hurt them,if It might hurt oneself in doing so.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:12 am 
Posting Freak

As Far as the Dark Arts go,I personally didnt practice the Dark Arts. I did know people who did,From my expereince of Observation,I didnt really like what I saw. It scared the Hell out of me. I personally believe that my personal weakness,and mental breakdown was in part from my expereince, the in part was the Bi-product of my Beleif System Melting Down. It would be in my personal opinion extreemly unhealthy to paticipate in the Last Hell at this Time and space and History. Go figure..I have already been to Hell,I am not going Back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:29 am 
Posting Freak

Ignorance is just not knowing,or being able to understand ones expereince in wholeness. Honesty and truthfulness doenst always reside in the reality of truth,when the intent is dark. When a child doesnt understand something its innocense,when their a Adult, its labled Ignorance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:10 pm 
Posting Freak

Robert wrote:
Thanks to all of you for your replies so far to my question. Now lets up the ante a bit. When I was a young man in my twenties (during the 1970's) I came across a series of writings by Carlos Castaneda who was an anthropology major at UCLA. For those unaware of his writings a brief synopsis of Carlos and his works can be found on Wikipedia. Suffice it to say he describes his encounters with a Yaqui indian from Mexico who becomes his tutor. He is described as a shaman who introduces Carlos to a 'separate reality' by altering his consciousness using techniques and peyote.

In my opinion the resemblance of Quantusum to Castaneda's writings borders on plagiarism. I abandoned my association with Castaneda's writings years ago since there was such a focus on meeting with, and doing battle with what can only be described as demonic entities.

I have been a faithful reader of James' works for several years now, but with Quantusum I must ask-what's with all this demonism James?

We've discussed Carlos's work ... off and on (without a topic) through-out the years ...because it seems that most members have him in their background ... but my personal take on his work is that it is Fiction also ... which I believe, is, in most cases, the product of one's imagination The main character of Quantusum had a neurogical reaction that was explainable - Carlos Castanada is the main character of his books - and he took massive quanties of Peyote for thirty years straight ... I don't know how you can compare the Author or the demons - other than to compare the fact that both authors write fictional novels that are very believable :lol:

Carlos was a hippy - going to college at UCLA in the mid sixties - no doubt Peyote was his drug of choice, because LSD was quickly made illegal. He claimed that he was studying the plant for a course he was taking bwahahahaahaa and that,is what became his first book, his "field notes" from that class - His teacher must have been high too :lol: That claim was officially debunked years later even though Carlos would never admit that HE plagerized others "true stories" - and his "work" has been declared "fiction" - funny when I was reading the books (as they came out) I never thought that they were anything but fiction - craftily written to get me to buy another ... the Don Juan character was obviously Mescal

Probably closer to the truth is that Carlos got sucked into Mescal's World - Mescal, as the legend goes is the Guardian of this plant's world... but mythology would have us believe every plant has a guardian entity - not necessarily "demons" but typically shape shifters with "powers" Apparently and evidently, Peyote is not a typical plant, and Mescal is not a typical guardian ... more like a side show in Anu's grand illusion that he lets his cousin have ...snicker

But Carlos didn't just take some Peyote and keep some notes ... he slathered himself in it and puked himself into that "world" as often as he could - and stayed in that world for as long as he could ... The books allow him to continue his "research" and the lifestyle of a Nagel in both realities... for THIRTY YEARS ... without ever mentioning once that one of the most common "side-effects" of Peyote is a really strong "god complex"

No Peyote is not typical of any other plant - it looks like a rock, has the consistancy of a rotten potato and tastes even worse. I has a pretty little yellow flower that is lethal . I wouldn't call it eatable, but it can be swallowed and kept down for a short period of time - long enough to alter the chemistry in your mind -

and that's the thing Robert - Mescal's world - and the world of demons are all in YOUR mind - the plant is real enough - but like all psychedelics they are naturally occuring "drugs" that alter ones state of consciousness temporarily - Carlos didn't "go anywhere" when he "tripped" - he was laying right there on Don Juan's cot ... or in his room at his house ... I'm convinced that Mescal can "appear" in the physical world - if you injest Peyote and that Carlos followed him into his world, because he was a Nagel in this reality as well as in his mind's reality - but the mystery surrounding his death, and the immediate disappearance of his life long companions and fellow peyote enthusiast, is far more interesting to me than his novels.

and I do see how you are making this comparison, perhaps suggesting that James may have stumbled on the LTO's world - and made the rest up because as he told us right from the start, he is a "mythmaker" - it supports his life style - knowing that it worked for Carlos ... but James brought something very tangible from the LTO's world into ours - the WMMs and so do all his characters in his novels - they all have something to reveal ... that will alter one's perspective of Life

carlos was IMO totally distracted from this reality totally self serving and he didn't even share anything from the world where he spend most of his time - I kept buying his books, hoping he would - he omits all the relevant information - you can't get to that place by reading his books (you don't need peyote to get there) - because Carlos doesn't want you there - never did - in fact I think he stole that world from Mescal and is the New guardian of the plant - so what did Carlos gain other than ownership of a unique delusion that he could share with eight other - one was required to be certifiably insane. Not the life I would choose to be Lord of :roll:

i don't know if that helps with your perspective of Quantusum - no dragons in Carlos' world ... but seriously, I don't see how you can compare these two authors or their works- other than they both write fiction -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:39 pm 

Thanks for your input again Starduster. As far as why I compared Castaneda and James' work I repeat...Native American Indian, shaman, teachings of multidimensional realities, meetings with demonic entities,etc. etc. etc.

The only reason I brought up Castaneda was to emphasize my confusion as to why James is utilizing demonic entities in his story, in fact, having the story revolve around them when his philosophies clearly state that as long as we live in the proper frequency they can't interfere. Of course I could rationalize that he's using Solomon as an example of how we should not behave but that just doesn't ring true to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:00 am 
Posting Freak

and again, I have no idea what "demonic" means to you ... to me it is an adjective ... when I read the word a picture pops up ... Image

something like that ... which is semi-human, but twisted ... doesn't mean that I couldn't get along with him (?) like Sol got along with Bart ... to me a "Demon" is someone working directly for Anu - who's primary objective is to please the Satan. When I think about the word, I see a whole species of being, created to serve ... and as we know, individuals in a species are not all bad or all good (Lucifer was an Angel) - if they were androids, you could assume that they all run on the same programs ... but if not ... they are "people" like us ... some prone to service to self, others serving themselves ...

so what I am saying is that "demon" is a word we use that either triggers an automatic response ... or to paint a picture of a being you would probably not want to be associated with because of their collective Nature ... which makes me wonder if they don't see us the same way .... as a soft gullible wimpy whiny bunch of self-centered immature needy egotist without a clue.

and I can't help but make the association with the Religious and Cultural Heirarchies, who have known all along that demons are simply another species of ETs ... that they use to promote fear and the delusion of duality ... starting with the Boogie-man when they are young ... I know, I got the Boogie man to make my kids put their laundry in the basket in their closet by telling them that - the boogie man would come out of the closet looking for dirty clothes to smell - unless they put them IN the laundry basket ... worked like a charm :mrgreen:

oops, almost forgot to say what my first thought in response to your last post was .... I believe James used Sol, to represent the reactions of 80% of the population, if they were put in the same circumstances (facing their demons) ... Fear is only useful up to a certain point ... after that point is reached - it becomes totally unpredictable and quickly neutralizes itself because the body can't maintain that level of adrenalin but for a short period of time ... On some level Sol knows (once he gets over the initial shock of their appearance) that if they wanted to harm him - they don't even have to appear ... when he is as frightened as he can possibly be - and he can't Faint because he is dreaming ( logical assumption) because when he does, he finds himself deeper into the mystery of WTF ... he is forced to deal with the issue ... and when he does, they change their appearance to something he feels more comfortable with conversing/bargaining with.
make sense? Isn't that what we see in our reality ... someone turning into a demon to force you to deal with the issues you would choose to ignore, else-wise - that turns back into your adorable spouse - once you remove that distortive veil between your worlds that makes them appear repulsive .

Sol was a smart guy ... but he didn't have control of his emotions ... but he quickly gained it - with practice :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:22 pm 

Star, thanks for your insight. I would only have a couple of other questions for you. You said: "and again, I have no idea what "demonic" means to you ...".

It doesn't matter what it means to me. I am trying to figure out what it means to James. What I gathered from your responses is that demons are indeed literal entities. Also you apparently believe that Anu is a real entity whom they serve-is that correct? If so, do you believe this because you trust James's explanations concerning these facts or could he just be using them as characters of myth?

Thanks for being so patient with me on this. I have received a great deal from James' work but am still a bit off kilter with his introduction of demonism at this late (2012) juncture.

Peace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 am 
Posting Freak

What I gathered from your responses is that demons are indeed literal entities.
is that a trick question (snicker) ... because I am having difficulty answering it ... I wouldn't call the life-forms that most people call "demons" an entity ... because it doesn't have a soul or free will - even though it has intelligence it will never be Sovereign ...

a demon, to me, is a general term for extra-terrestial lifeforms - without a soul or free will - created to serve a Species - by that species.

Also you apparently believe that Anu is a real entity whom they serve-is that correct?
I believe that Anu is a real "entity" - that he was born with a soul, and that he created what we call "demons" to serve him (Zetas and Greys) . I have doubts that Anu's soul is functional - due to all the genetic enhancements he has done to his original template... and I am not real sure about the Zeta, but for sure, the Greys fit the general definition of "demons" if you are coming from a religious background (which most people are) I believe that there are other Entity-created life-forms that serve other Species of soul-carriers, that no one would call a "demon" ... and are, in fact, called Angels. And that there are a ton of soul-less creatures out there in the Universes but not having a soul doesn't automatically mean that you are evil or ignorant

If so, do you believe this because you trust James's explanations concerning these facts or could he just be using them as characters of myth?
I believed in gods/devils, angels/demons, ETs and Interdimensional, long before the WMMs were launched - but it was these materials that revealed to me the Plan of First Source that gives all these species purpose

most likely, the only soul-less entities we have encountered on Earth DO work for Anu, since he has become the self-proclaimed KING of MEST and has enslaved everyone and kept the seven species of SECUs seperated - and manages his kingdom with Zetas (who can shapeshift) and Greys - and that if it wasn't for the Interdimensionals (WMs included) we wouldn't have a clue about life in the greater Universe .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:17 pm 

Starduster,

I think you've managed to answer all of my questions (and then some :lol:)

Thanks for all the great input.

Robert

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next