WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chinese characters or First Source insignia?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:28 am 

In DP gallery, there is a Chinese characters:牛
牛(Niu2)means: cattle, ox, or cow, bull. Some friends gave their views about this.
But I found maybe this word is not only a Chinese character,it is rather a light language or represents the insignia of First Source

I have some of Large Format of wm painting,and each has two First Source insignias underneath the painting,one of these insignias is the “牛”shape glyph,perhaps this is a senzar that looks like a Chinese character.

“The ultimate particle is soul”, and the ultimate source is First Source?

Related link to First Source insignia
http://www.wingmakers.com/reproductions/lrgformat.html

Post subject: Re: Chinese characters or First Source insignia?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:37 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
we are so fortunate to have you in the WMF, to point out the things we missed in the materials and to share your findings - that is a beautiful glyph - I don't have any of the "Large Edition" Art ... so I never really read that page until today ... what puzzels me, is that they don't say, how big they are - I assume that each one of them is a different size (just as the "collection" is - very few actually 11x14)

maybe all the glyphs are "seals" of authorship - everyone signs their names IN the paintings - and then it is given the "insignia/seal" of First Source ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:51 am 

starduster wrote:
(just as the "collection" is - very few actually 11x14)

what do you mean? they're bigger?

I don't know if I should buy a big one or the collection.

Thanks yhg342 for your share about the FS insignia.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:30 am 
Posting Freak

Onyks wrote:
starduster wrote:
(just as the "collection" is - very few actually 11x14)

what do you mean? they're bigger?

I don't know if I should buy a big one or the collection.

Thanks yhg342 for your share about the FS insignia.

no, they all fit in an 11x14 frame but many of the paintings printed on that sized paper are smaller - and surrounded by a white border - with the smallest one, being ch 7 that has two inches of white on either side. They all have a one and a half inch of border on the bottom where their chamber number and the WM's logo and seal appear ... making that particular print, 12x7 - none of the actual "paintings" are 11x14 - they all have white borders ... designed to make the collection all one size that fits in an 11x14 frame - but none of the actual prints are 11x14 ... the very largest are 10x13 if you were to trim off all the white - it would cost you a fortune for custom frames. I don't know why they did that, I am able to "shrink to fit" with my $25 copier (snicker) but I assume that it would distort it .

as you can tell, I am not much for details - and depend on you guys to point these things out to me ... otherwise I would have missed a great deal on this adventure. THANK YOU ALL you have enhanced my perspective greatly ... and I don't know how anyone could be expected to see it all, with just there own 5 senses... which is why we have the WMF to share our finding

Personally I would have picked other paintings ... from the 24 - and I have printed my own (that have to be re-printed regularly because they fade -even under glass) and I don't know why these particular painting are the only ones we can get that are "museum quality" and I wish they would make all the paintings available - even the composites ... but I am sure that there is a reason these were chosen - the collection does include all 10 of what were identified as "Portal" paintings - the box is made of compressed paper and does take a beating - and makes them easy to transport - but after all the moves I have made since I bought them, it is pretty well trashed and I wasn't aware of the "personalized signature" on the box until this year when YHG pointed it out (I thought that it was something embossed on all the boxes) and I am taking better care of it now... I keep all my old prints in there - I kinda like the way they look when they are faded ... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:34 pm 

starduster wrote:

no, they all fit in an 11x14 frame but many of the paintings printed on that sized paper are smaller - and surrounded by a white border - with the smallest one, being ch 7 that has two inches of white on either side. They all have a one and a half inch of border on the bottom where their chamber number and the WM's logo and seal appear ... making that particular print, 12x7 - none of the actual "paintings" are 11x14 - they all have white borders ...

Okay yes, I understand now.

starduster wrote:
- the collection does include all 10 of what were identified as "Portal" paintings -

Something new again, which ones are the "portal" paintings?

starduster wrote:
I wasn't aware of the "personalized signature" on the box until this year when YHG pointed it out (I thought that it was something embossed on all the boxes)

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:38 pm 
Posting Freak

I know Duh, huh

Portal Paintings : Chambers, 1,2,3,4,6,7,10,12,17,22

I think that these painting are the ones on the First Source CD (not really sure any more) Don't remember how they got designated as "portal paintings" but they were and I put them in a separate file ... just to keep it straight because its just weird what I remember and what I forget ... but I know what to expect of my mind and keep back-ups ... and this last upgrade I did to windows won't take my BACK UP brain (OMG) gotta stop depending on technology ... have gotten so lazy I can't count without a calculator (its on my menu bar-snicker) ...

I'm living proof that the HMS is collapsing :lol: my version is expired :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:54 am 

Hahah!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:39 am 

The paper of large version is not the same as Collector's Edition,it is rough, the definition and color is not so good as Collector's Edition(epson photo paper )

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:14 am 
Posting Freak

well, that is interesting to know, YHG, I would have thought the opposite ... and that the larger prints were more "accurate" because they were not altered from their original version ... I see that they are different sizes, from your picture and that the white background is more uniform ... I am not really interested in the larger prints, because my family members call it "vagina Art" - so I have it all in my bedroom suite where I can appreciate it without their comments ... and it does get a lot of comments because my bedroom now looks like an art display ... many people ask if I painted them (snicker) my simple explanation is that it is "cave art" ... and that seems to satisfy them without going into a lengthy explanation - what I have found interesting is, that the people who have some appreciation for (abstract) art have all commented that they found some of the paintings very "familiar" and reveal that someone in their family (from the younger generations ) have painted things very similar, that they "recognize" in the collection . (go figure)