WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The new art in DP paper book
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:32 am 

starduster asked me if there are new art on dp paper book,my answer is no,but the truth is,there are several new art on the book,not many.

on the cover of the DP,right down is a pattern of "hundred of 寿 " or hundred of lives.寿---means life,longevity... a picture of "one hundred 寿 " (百寿图),in CHINA,this pattern or painting represent the hope for longlife.
you can count the 寿, they are exact 100.

from inside to outside
8+20+32+40=100

you may see another "百寿图" in this link
http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... nt=648.jpg

on the spine of the book,there is a cross symbol, the center is Heart(light body),and "Y" shape above perhaps means "duality of brain",and the horizontal line means the planetary axis,other is the central sun axis,IMO——according to wm pdf《The Rising Heart》
some of the chapter,there is a new art picture above the title.I only scanned 2 of them,most of others already in DP gallery or online book

Post subject: Re: The new art in DP paper book
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:44 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
well, what I really wanted to know was if the "new art" (included in the website) was in the book ... thinking maybe the book, was composed of "web-shot" that included all the art filled back-grounds that we see while reading it on the web .

I can't imagine the book without the art and the galleries, but I know how much it costs to print color pages, and the price of the book, seemed very small to me, and even at cost - would not cover the expense of the art alone ... so I asked if the art was included in the book (when Darlene said that they were for sale) but was ignored ... so I waited til someone mentioned having bought the book and asked if there was any of the new Art in the book

YHG has been kind enough to reply, and to share the "new art" that he found in (and on) the book - but it still doesn't answer my question ... does the DP book include all the artwork found in the DP book on the website? or is is simply all text? Same question about the Complete works of the Wingmakers ... does it include the Art "works" ? because IMO it wouldn't be "complete" without them -

I would still like to see a table of contents of the CWoW - because the "works" of the WMs are pretty extensive now and hard to imagine all fitting into one volume ... even without the Art or associated Music ... I have copies of everything the LTO has released, with the accompanying art work, saved on my computer, and copied on paper already ...but it would be far less bulky, and nice, to have it in one volume - but as I said, I just can't imagine it, without the associated Art ... it just isn't "complete" without it IMO - and I think it should be made clear, to those who are going to purchase a book called "the complete works of the wingmaker" - that what they will get it is the "complete text" - but without a table of contents, we don't know if it is complete or not do we? Are the "works" presented in the order they were released? so many question that aren't answered ...

no doubt, I will buy the books, just to support "the work" - but it would be nice to know, in advance what I am buying - especially when it is Titled, the "complete" works ... which suggests to me that it would include the Art, the Music, the Poetry, the interviews, the books, notes and letters ... and I would be willing to buy that - no matter what it costs just to have it all in one volume that fits in my "Go-bag" (snicker)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:26 pm 

I came here to find the answer the same question asked by starduster, because I am considering whether to buy paperback copies of the books or read them online on SpiritState. (I must admit I have been procrastinating for over a year now to read The Dohrman Prophecy!)

For me, the artwork is an important (perhaps integral) part of each book's material, because it is a medium for the transmission of so much that is not found in words. Apparently at this time, the only way to get the all artwork and the text is on SpiritState. I do understand the prohibitive costs that would be involved to print all the artwork in color for the printed books. The selling price for such a book would have to be pretty high...for serious collectors only!

On the other hand, having a physical copy of the story to carry around and read has definite advantages....it is just not going to be the same experience without the pictures. I guess my ideal option would be to have portable digital versions of the books, text and artwork complete, that would be readable on an e-reader such as Kindle or Nook.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:30 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
maybe what we can do is print out the pictures, and insert them in the appropriate places ... that is, if it published as a note book as the introduction suggest s - but without the art and the music ... and of course the poetry - it wouldn't be complete --- but maybe we won't need these "extra" tools once all of our DNA is activated - which I am hoping gives us all total recall (like Dr N)

well, Anna, why am I not surprised to hear that you had not read the book you were discussing (snicker)? or that you had no interest in it ?

I highly recommend that you read Quantusum now that it is released - and is a more timely message... :wink:

How's Wm's forum going - is the device aware of the Shift taking place? I hear that all four of the Volcanoes on your island are active now, as well as your gysers ... interesting to note the earth changes down under compared to what the ET(greys) have told us what to expect

http://www.zetatalk.com/info/tinfo24q.htm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:02 am 

I have got a paper book,happy to avoid the slow speed of the spiritstate.com,and small font.

and paper book can be read faster than online version about 20%,our scientists did experiments to prove this.

so,maybe just as ssoa tell us,the PC will slow down our energy field.

and,paper book can provide different font,online ver. only has one kind of the font, in DP paper book,there are several font,some of it is ancient style.

and I think,the dp gallery maybe finished with other's help,perhaps james give advices to the dp gallery,this is james's co-creation.
the book do not need to have all pictures,or it will cost too many tree's life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:35 am 

Thank you yhg, that is very helpful information for my decision. I do find it easier and somehow more pleasurable to read old-fashioned paper books.