WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Background characters on DP pages
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:56 pm 

When you read the DP, starting from Chapter 1, Page 1, if you right click on the page and view image, there are unusual characters running down the page.
To see these better, right click, copy image and paste it into Word, Excel or MS Paint.

Does anybody know what they mean?

Post subject: Re: Background characters on DP pages
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:44 pm 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Hi NagyGordy
My presumption is that these characters are there so that the pages cannot be simply copied and pasted due to the fact that readers pay for the eBook and while it doesn't prevent any from stealing and making pubic the whole book content accessible for free, it makes such a task pretty much a pointless exercise.
For the price asked, for the enjoyable and inspirational read and for the opportunity in supporting the whole Lyricus Teaching Organisations unfolding interactions in 'our world' ...well just for the read of this one eBook alone, the price is not exorbitant or beyond the means of most who use the internet.

Cheers

W

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:13 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Spirit State is a special web book process developed by the Light Code team. It is also a program in a special way as you can see from what you have posted. The meaning is in the coding of the computer programing, and it is not part of the novel with it special encoding.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:55 pm 

They are interesting. I noticed them when I was reading the Ancient Arrow book. My glyphs are different from NagyGordy's which suggests to me that it is some kind of code. Here's how "mine" look (I have blacked out my name at the bottom left corner of the page):

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:59 pm 
Posting Freak

dberges wrote:
Spirit State is a special web book process developed by the Light Code team. It is also a program in a special way as you can see from what you have posted. The meaning is in the coding of the computer programing, and it is not part of the novel with it special encoding.

This is wasted on Donald here he's only interested in dissing and missing because of his PROGRAMMING. There is no heart in it. It's also interesting to contemplate organic computers. This is something Don here is clueless about because he's still stuck in a mechanical universe controlled by what he knows not and is programmed to never find out....as long as he insists on ignoring his heart....and dissing everyone else's...big booboo on his part and his programmers. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:02 am 

Thanks to all replies.
It did occur to me that the most likely reason was to prevent copying the text.
However, there was a slim chance that the images had some other important meaning,
and in view of what yhg342 and yuxue have brought to this forum, just wanted to make sure.
(Just love what you're doing yhg342 and yuxue, it's a breath of fresh air.)
Best regards,
Gordon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:58 am 

NagyGordy wrote:
Thanks to all replies.
It did occur to me that the most likely reason was to prevent copying the text.
However, there was a slim chance that the images had some other important meaning,

These mysterious glyphs were briefly discussed in another thread back in July of this year:

viewtopic.php?p=83701#p83701

I am inclined to imagine that the symbols do have meaning beyond copy protection. We just haven't found the "rosetta stone" for them yet. (Unless the book page on which they appear offers a clue....) All part of the unfolding mythos, I suppose.

J.R.R. Tolkein created whole languages and scripts for his worlds:

Cirth

The invention of writing is an aspect of human culture (along with language, art, philosophy, etc.) that some have suggested was seeded by culture-bearers from another dimension...or by our own future selves.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:02 am 
Posting Freak

Nagy Gordy everything James does is always multidimensional and those so attuned to it reap wonderful benefits. Our friends in China and Japan are loving what they find in the DP because it is showing them the next tributary zone which they are interpreting because they recognize the language and on more than one level. The characters of Chinese are beautiful pictograms and so very expressive beyond mere words. If its depicted in its ancient form in particular that makes it interesting in where that takes one. Hmmm...is that Senzar?

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY