WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New platform thoughts and concerns
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:22 pm 

I think the new reading platform is a great idea in terms of collaboration and the immediate sharing of ideas. But storing of personal information bothers me a little....we seem to have so little privacy these days with technology as it is. It is hard to know where to draw the boundaries between privacy and convenience :). What do you think?

Also, it seems that there is synchronicity in the implementation of this type of reading experience, and I wonder about what Mark Hempel stated about the new patented platform. Isn't the same idea for a communal reading experience being introduced by behemoth Sony in the launching of Pottermore? Sony seems a bit bigbrotherish to me, since they are such a big company with branches into all aspects of media. Is there going to be a patent dispute, or does Mark's company already hold the patent for this?(I'd rather him than Sony).

I also wish that there was a print version of The Dohrman prophecy. I'd like to be able to choose to have a physical book, or read it online, or both! :) Just my humble opinion and wonderings. Any comments? Happy Reading!

Post subject: Re: New platform thoughts and concerns
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:47 pm 

Hello Ardy,

Only information you provide can be stored. Use an anonymous email address, do not use your real birthdate, do not link to your Facebook or Twitter accounts. You can choose to hide whatever profile information you don't want shared.

Seems like the designers of SpiritState have taken the privacy issue seriously and will not be sharing personal info with anyone. Of course hackers are another story, but then even Sony got hacked recently!

For the sake of transparency, I think it helps to have actual names and faces to relate to. I used my real name, fake birthday, don't have Facebook or Twitter accounts. The point is that each user can choose what to disclose.

I hadn't heard of Pottermore. Looks kinda interesting and fun, almost like an interactive adventure game. (The Wingmakers site has a bit of this type of thing..."hidden" links that take you into different parts of the site.)

I still like being able to carry a physical book around too. E-books are the wave of the future, but even Captain Picard is seen reading physical books on the USS Enterprise (24th century)! I agree it would be nice to have the option of a printable version of the Dohrman Prophecy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:53 pm 

I never really understood the issue with privacy. What does it matter if anyone knows what you're typing into some website? There are billions of people to follow. I really don't mind even a bit what anyone reads. May they learn something from it is what I think! No, don't think that anyone bothers. And the more they do the better. Besides, the outer world is finished. It is about your own now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:08 pm 
 WWW  Profile

The web book reader is a very new experience on the planet. As you are reading and others are reading the same book all over the planet since time does not really matter. This is way the readers are creating the pocket in the Genetic Mind just for this spiritual reading experience. I also see it as our photons moving out from our reading and contact other photons of the other readers resonate with each other creating our reading community in a new way.

I personally have had a wonderful on-line reading experience on the new site. I am feeling new insights to the reading and was able to see how it fits in other writings of the Lyricus/WingMaker's materials.

This platform has been created for spiritual reading experience and community building. The Pottermore site will be about the outer experience of this type of reading experience. If Mark said this was a patented then it is. Lightcode is aware of the Pottermore works project.

g-mail address are great for the website, but at some point in life in the Era of Transparency and Expansion we have to be up front with our identity. I left my birthday blank, so you do not have to fill that in, only if you wish too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:02 pm 

I can appreciate the question of privacy and have mulled over this myself with this new site. I am transparent with what I have shared and decided that as long as I did not have to share e-mail address or home address or phone that it did not really expose too much. The feeling of intimacy of the shared reading experience and the evolved subject matter made me feel good about being transparent. I like very much the feeling of the site and the people participating.

It is great to read comments that others make. I am reading it for the second time but much slower and reading all comments as I go. They are giving added insight and perspective.

There were a couple of moments when I wished I could print the book or send it to my e-mail address so I could access it from my other computer that doesn't seem to be able to 'login' to SpiritState but I felt that there was good reason for the way it was designed and feel good about saving a tree :D .

One thing I am wondering.... When one has finished the book(s) and does not have a reason to 'log in' how will they know that another book has been added to the site? Will an e-mail be sent to let us know?