WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Accessing SpiritState from my laptop is a challenge
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:36 pm 

Can we not access this website from our 'regular' old fashion computers?

Post subject: Re: Accessing SpiritState from my laptop is a challenge
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:55 pm 

Can you be more specific about the challenges you are having?

You should be able to use any web-enabled device...laptop, desktop, smartphone or even the iPod Touch 4th generation.

You do need a fast internet connection (DSL/T1) and the latest version of whatever browser you're using. (I've used Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari and they all work fine.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:29 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Your computer needs to have the an up to date browser working on it.
iPad application is not yet available.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:01 pm 

Thank you; I will also check all of the various screening software that I have, perhaps any one of them could be preventing my access.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:27 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
I hate to be the one to tell you ... but it isn't the browser ... it is your OS (operating system) ... I have an 04 Dell that runs on XP (SP3)... and I can't access the maps or the "hot spots" in the gallery ... but I can access both on my laptop, which has MSN 7 as it's OS ... this is "state of the art technology" and the majority of users, have upgraded OS s that can handle all the graphics at once ....

what is interesting to me, is that when I first went to the website, during the registration process, via IE, I got all the perks ... but when I returned, I wasn't able to get back into that "zone" and my OS took over ... I checked my fire walls, and my Panda Security ... tried accessing the website, with these on and off... I upgraded my google earth, and the FF plug ins ... and tried three different upgrades browsers ... and none of them can access the map or the hot spots ... but my laptop can :wink:

my conclusion is, that you need MSN7 OS ... to access this platform.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:14 pm 
 WWW  Profile

You are correct starduster,

Mark Hempel said everyone would have to have the latest operating systems on their computers for the site to work for them. I was missing the correct work when I used browser.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:13 pm 

I am accessing SpiritState on my HP laptop running Windows Vista.

I've used three browsers (IE, Firefox and Safari) and they all work fine. I figured out how to work the PageFlip feature (I had to scroll down to bottom of my screen to see the page numbers) and the gallery scroll feature.

I can also access it on my iPod Touch (4th generation) (iOS 4.3) which uses the Safari browser. I'll be curious to see how it looks with a touch-screen optimized mobile app (which I gather is in the pipeline.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:44 pm 
Posting Freak

The latest release of Ubuntu 11.04, an open source operating system is available for download and is free and quite user friendly and like Apple and Mac doesn't require anti-virus unless you send a lot of emails. You can download it within your Microsoft Windows OS(It only reguires a few Gbs or partition(which really is only a file name) it to be separate from your Microsoft Windows . I know it works with the SpiritState platform because it is the OS I use. The SpiritState platform requires certain graphics to operate optimally so those with older computers the graphics may need to be upgraded other than that , Ubuntu works very well and the bonus is that it is free. :D

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY