WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.


All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ideas and feedback regarding the new platform
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:31 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:21 am
Posts: 891
Ananake wrote:
I just had an interesting experience. I Googled the word "Hugelitod" and the first four "hits" that came up were links to the SpiritState web site user comments.

I was able to click on the links and view the user's comments...all of them in fact, not just the one with the word "Hugelitod" in it, but all of that user's comments for all of the books in their library.

I could also click on the user's profile and see their entire profile.

I could also click on their "Friends" list and see all their friends. I also could access the profiles of their Friends in some cases.

I could not access the user's Notes.

I was not logged in to the SpiritState site, yet I was able to freely click through the Comments, Profiles and Friends lists of two SpiritState members.

I am going to report this to the SpiritState webmaster, but I thought it should be reported here also.

Alex also reported this a good while ago, even with a suggestion to help.

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/gaurinathan
An ember that had outwitted time
Summa Iru


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Ideas and feedback regarding the new platform
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:43 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:20 am
Posts: 580
hidelight wrote:


Alex also reported this a good while ago, even with a suggestion to help.


Oh well. I guess this is the era of transparency and expansion. :lol:

_________________
In all that I do, may the Heart of the One hold sway over the minds of the many.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Ideas and feedback regarding the new platform
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:21 pm 
Offline
Posting Freak
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:11 pm
Posts: 20380
Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
hidelight wrote:
I just had an interesting experience. I Googled the word "Hugelitod" and the first four "hits" that came up were links to the SpiritState web site user comments.

I was able to click on the links and view the user's comments...all of them in fact, not just the one with the word "Hugelitod" in it, but all of that user's comments for all of the books in their library.

I could also click on the user's profile and see their entire profile.

I could also click on their "Friends" list and see all their friends. I also could access the profiles of their Friends in some cases.

I could not access the user's Notes.

I was not logged in to the SpiritState site, yet I was able to freely click through the Comments, Profiles and Friends lists of two SpiritState members.

I am going to report this to the SpiritState webmaster, but I thought it should be reported here also.



so what's the big deal ... if you google Sovereign Integral it will pull up discussions in this forum ... do you really think anything is "private" once it is posted on the WORLD WIDE WEB?

_________________
"...to know this information and then remain passive—a pure observer—is a programmed response, and that is not an answer to how do I best serve truth? It is a denial of truth.” 5th Interview


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Ideas and feedback regarding the new platform
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:24 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:20 am
Posts: 580
starduster wrote:
so what's the big deal ... if you google Sovereign Integral it will pull up discussions in this forum ... do you really think anything is "private" once it is posted on the WORLD WIDE WEB?


It is not a big deal. It is just to make others aware that their Comments on SpiritState are publicly viewable. I did not realize this, and thought others might want to know.

_________________
In all that I do, may the Heart of the One hold sway over the minds of the many.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Ideas and feedback regarding the new platform
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:47 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:21 am
Posts: 891
Yes, it's a rather serious mistake. I don't mind either, but when it is promised by Mark he should take care. But we all make mistakes, of course.

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/gaurinathan
An ember that had outwitted time
Summa Iru


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Ideas and feedback regarding the new platform
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:37 am 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:52 am
Posts: 32
Location: Australia, NSW
Alex wrote:
Bit futuristic but here goes:

When I read about a platform I thought it would be a multimedia experience - with sound / music. So I was thinking that it could integrate a music player.

The futuristic version is this: Eye motion detector (on screen) which detects which line of the book you are reading - and so feeding the appropriate music at the appropriate time at the appropriate volume.


Not futuristic, realistic:

http://www.gizmag.com/luis-cruz-eyeboard-eye-tracking-computer-interface/20500/

The important thing to remember is not just that this product is open-source. The developer has only managed to do the horizontal axis so far; it therefore becomes your responsibility to figure out the vertical.

_________________
/* syncman0x */


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Copyright © 2005-2012 WingMakers.co.uk