WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Astrology and Meaningful Patterns
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:41 pm 

Quote:
Question 58 – Will the next material give reference to the "Harmonic Concordance" that is being talked about now? This relates to a special astrological geometric pattern, which will be formed on November 8, 2003, at 8:12 AM EST. The primary feature is a Grand Sextile and at the time of total lunar eclipse. Does astrology play any part in the WingMakers philosophy or cosmology?

Answer 58 – The teachings of Lyricus do not involve astrology. The reason is simple: astrology is subjective to time and place, and because of this subjectivity it is impossible to embed fundamental truth that is sustainable and relevant across multiple places and times. This does not suggest that heavenly bodies do not impact on humans. They most certainly do, in more ways than astrology recognizes. The Harmonic Concordance – like all astronomical events that seem orderly (non-random) – is indicative of how the grander scale of the universe can imprint on the consciousness of a species and an individual. The universe is a powerful catalyst of the inborn instinct to ascend in consciousness, but our species has fallen to the gaze of a ten-foot experience called television, and seldom, if ever, searches the night sky. (http://www.wingmakers.com/answersfromjames.html)

Quote:
The stars are like letters which inscribe themselves at every moment in the sky...everything in the world is full of signs...all events are coordinated...all things depend on each other; as has been said, "Everything breathes together." - Plotinus

I would like to expand on this topic which is of personal interest to me.

I certainly agree with James that "astrology" as generally promoted in popular culture is extremely subjective. I also understand and agree that heavenly bodies impact humans in more ways than astrology currently recognizes.

I have another perspective to offer on the question of whether astrology, in particular the study of the movements of the outer planets of our solar system and their impact on human affairs, can reveal fundamental human truths (or perhaps significant patterns of meaning) across multiple times and places. I believe they can.

There is currently an evolving convergence between the field of depth psychology and archetypal astrology which points to a new understanding of these forces. I would encourage anyone interested to take a deeper look. This is not intended to provoke a comparison to Wingmakers materials, but is rather a pointer to material that seems aligned with and expansive of many Wingmakers themes.

"Depth psychology states that psyche is a process that is partly conscious and partly unconscious and partly semi-conscious. The unconscious ...contains repressed experiences and other personal-level issues in its "upper" layers and "transpersonal" (e.g. collective, non-I, archetypal) forces in its depths....

"The psyche spontaneously generates mythico-religious symbolism or themes, and is therefore spiritual or metaphysical, as well as instinctive in nature....

"All minds, all lives, are ultimately embedded in some sort of myth-making in the form of themes or patterns. Mythology is therefore not a series of old explanations for natural events, but rather the richness and wonder of humanity played out in a symbolical, thematic, and patterned storytelling." (Wikipedia)

"In archetypal astrology, planetary configurations in the solar system are thought to bear a significant and coherent correspondence with archetypal themes and patterns evident in human experience." (Wikipedia)

The Journal of Archetypal Cosmology (http://www.archaijournal.org) is an academic journal that explores significant correlations between cyclical alignments of the planets and the archetypal patterns of human experience.

One interesting convergence that I have noticed has to do with the Grand Portal discovery, which as we know is forecast to occur in the latter part of this century. A particularly potent planetary alignment between Neptune and Uranus is also scheduled to occur then, beginning around 2071. In the past there is a high correlation between this alignment (opposition, 180 degrees) and "spiritual awakenings and the birth of new religions, radical changes in the scientific imagination that have a metaphysical dimension, dissolving previously established structures of belief in a manner that often transcended the scientific field in which they began." (Richard Tarnas, Cosmos and Psyche)

This alignment, again according to Tarnas' research, corresponds to "epochal shifts of cosmological vision" and "epochal shifts in psychological understanding."

It seems clear that the discovery of the Grand Portal will be as paradigm-shattering as the "discovery" that the planets revolve around the sun (Copernicus, c. 1514).

I am currently immersed in both Wingmakers/Lyricus and Cosmos and Psyche and am enjoying the stimulating and synergistic effects. I am noticing a lot of synchronicities happening in my local multiverse, too. This is encouraging, as I have long thought that synchronicities are an indicator of being on the right track.

"My guide and I entered through that hidden path
to make our way back into the shining world.
And with no time for rest, we climbed upward--he first, I following--
until, through a round opening, I saw those things of beauty that Heaven holds.
It was thence, at last, we came forth to see again the stars.
" - Dante, The Divine Comedy

Post subject: Re: Astrology and Meaningful Patterns
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:24 pm 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Perhaps as a science one could single out the stars. The planet positions, the patterns and foretell likely or possible 'futures'.

Science at this time - I call it 'secular science' naturally see this as 'mumbo jumbo' and gives it but a glance, if that.

The reason for this 'scientific ignorance' [denial of such mumbo jumbo] is justified by science in observing the behavior of those who presently indulge and dabble in such knowledge at its surface and pay for the right atmosphere in which to indulge this behavior of seeking answers externally. Science can rightfully exclaim 'this is not science!'

When we look up at the stars, what we are witnessing - the positions of which have been created constellations from - those stars in actual fact are not there in those positions at all.
What is witnessed in our now is where they once were.
So where they once were and how they are 'read' being relevant to where we are now, is interesting in itself in terms of timelessness.

The thing that most interests me about 'synergy' is that it is a constant on-flowing reality which only appears to be 'now' and 'again' as the observer in their subjectivity adjusts to first 'seeing' it then 'rubbing the eyes' in almost disbelief, then 'seeing' it more frequently as they 'look' for it, then as this 'looking and seeing' is aligned with understanding, then they simply merge with it in the sense that they understand they are fully and perpetually involved within it and it within they.

Secular science has a lot of problems with 'it' due in part to how those using 'it' behave, but also because science is young and full of itself like an adolescent who cannot be 'told' but with any great 'fortune' it will eventually work it out for itself, as it were.

Which of course is foretold through Lyricus, through other 'teachings' and as you say, 'through the understanding' of Galactic alignments.

The Grand Portal.

Science (secular) being 'the new god' humanity has placed its faith upon, has yet to discover the future which is hidden within the myths of The Ancients.

8)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2141&p=84295#p84295

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:37 pm 

Ties in:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2041&p=84301#p84301

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:51 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
my two cents worth... obviously the LTO is well aware of our Astronomy and the influence it has on this solar system - because they live in this solar system on this planet ... no doubt they are aware of different Personalities/ consciousness of our Planets (which I understand is the root of Astrology) ... but nothing quite compares with their knowledge of the Galaxy, when they talk about Galactic Teachers, Galactic Transition Zones ... and now the Grand Alignment ... which impacts this solar system greatly ... when this planet (and the rest of the solar system) are exposed to the direct energy from the Galactic Center :wink: .

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmImage

Last edited by starduster on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:15 pm 

Very interesting.... thank you Ananake.

It is intriguing to contemplate 'Creation' in MEST. First Source being ONE and the inspiration behind exploration/creation leads me to feel the 'wholeness' of MEST. What you are sharing seems to be physical 'proof' or observation of the interconnectedness of seeming 'components' be they something we can 'see' like the planetary alignments or beyond our 5 senses like 'archetypal patterns in human experience'. It is complex and yet ever flowing as One. First Source's 'Breath' moving the 'cosmos' to include us....flowing together in unconscious ways.

This makes me ponder 'dimensions' as well because there are dimensions within dimensions that we cannot see with our 5 senses that are 'moving' with everything as well I would believe. I have imagined Beings living here with us yet in another dimension....perhaps we 'flow' with them in synchronistic ways?

Love this....
"Everything breathes together" :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:21 pm 

Quote:
BEYOND A DISENCHANTED COSMOLOGY

Disenchantment and Desacralization

Disenchantment is a term employed by Max Weber to describe the
world view of modern secular society in which, as he puts it, “no
mysterious incalculable forces come into play”—a world view in which
recourse to mysticism, supernatural powers, gods and goddesses, spirits,
and magical explanations is considered both unnecessary and invalid. This
disenchanted vision, which gained ascendancy in Western civilization after
the Enlightenment and especially during the nineteenth century, was
created, Weber observes, by processes of “rationalization” according to
which life was to be explained in terms of observable and measurable
natural forces. Scientific knowledge increasingly replaced religious belief
such that the world, no longer related to a spiritual principle of any kind,
was stripped of intrinsic meaning; it was no longer seen as sacred.

Richard Tarnas, in agreement with Charles Taylor, connects
disenchantment to the process of objectification, by which the external
world was viewed not as a meaningful subject, possessing intentionality,
interiority, and telos, but as an object—as unconscious, lifeless matter
moved mechanistically by material forces, that could be measured,
controlled, and manipulated. During the modern era, Tarnas points out,
the locus of all meaning in the world shifted exclusively to the interior
realm of human consciousness. The world itself was conceived as
possessing no meaning save for that projected onto it by the human
psyche. As he explains:

"Disenchantment, the denial of intrinsic meaning and purpose,
essentially objectifies the world and thereby denies subjectivity to
the world. Objectification denies to the world a subject’s capacity
to intend, to signify intelligently, to express its meaning, to
embody and communicate humanly relevant purposes and
values. . . . This in turn tremendously magnifies and empowers
human subjectivity: the felt interior capacity of the human being
to be self-defining, self-revising, self-determining."

Mircea Eliade, describing a process he calls desacralization, gives a
similar assessment, explicitly connecting the rise of the sense of freedom
and empowered subjectivity of the modern human with the denial of any
transcendent spiritual agency:

"Modern nonreligious man assumes a new existential situation.
He regards himself solely as the subject and agent of history, and
he refuses all appeal to transcendence. . . . Man makes himself,
and he only makes himself completely in proportion as he
desacralizes himself with the whole. The sacred is the prime
obstacle to his freedom."

Another term—demythologization—has similar connotations, referring
explicitly to the process by which mythic elements were removed from
explanations of the origin, purpose, and functioning of the world. With
the rise of science and rational philosophy, myths were no longer seen as
true in any sense, but as fictions and falsehoods or as primitive forms of
explanation now superseded by scientific knowledge—a view, of course,
that still holds sway today. This Enlightenment view of myth, as it is
known, is reflected in the total demythologization that has occurred over the
last two hundred years.

Astrology’s Place in Modern Thought

Astrology’s fall into disrepute in the modern era is a direct
consequence of the rise of the disenchanted world view. In the ancient
civilizations of Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, and Rome, and through the
medieval and early modern periods of Western civilization, astrology
existed harmoniously with the cosmology and world picture of the time
and, as a result, was generally held in high esteem. In the late modern era,
however, with the rise of materialism and mechanistic science, astrology
has become marginalized and is no longer central to, or even compatible
with, the prevailing conceptions of the nature of reality. Following the
discrediting of the geocentric Aristotelian and Ptolemaic cosmology,
astrology has failed to enjoy the support of the dominant scientific and
philosophical models of the time. Without such support, and with the
eventual rejection of all forms of esoteric and supernatural explanations
of phenomena after the Enlightenment, astrology has been driven to the
periphery of contemporary culture.

Consequently, although astrology remains of historical and cultural
interest to scholars, to date it has failed to reestablish itself within academia
as a viable cosmological perspective informing the modern world view, having
no place in contemporary science, philosophy, or psychology. Deemed a
pseudoscience and irrational superstition by some within the academic
establishment, the consensus view is that astrology is based on unscientific
and erroneous premises, and that its continued existence serves only to demonstrate
human gullibility. While this view is partly attributable to the
superficial forms of astrology that have become prominent in contemporary
culture, it is also, at a deeper level, a consequence of the incongruence
between the premises and implications of an astrological world view and the
dominant scientific paradigms of our time.

Contrary to the modern disenchanted assumption that we inhabit a
world without spirit and without meaning, the astrological perspective
points to a meaningful order of creative power and intelligence
permeating all things.
Directly challenging much of what scientific
materialism and secular consumerist society have assumed to be true
about the nature of reality, astrology provides an alternative frame of
reference from which to make sense of human experience, revealing an
archetypal dimension of reality
, which the physical sciences for all their
extraordinary powers of telescopic and microscopic observation have
been unable to disclose. Astrology offers a unique way of interpreting
how human experience is shaped by the patterning forces of the universe,
by the fundamental energies of nature, and by the archetypal themes that
have shaped human life for millennia—and here lies its great value.

Keiron Le Grice
Archai: The Journal of Archetypal Cosmology 3
http://archaijournal.org/currentissue.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:25 pm 
Posting Freak

Astrology great for personality interpretation .....and that is about it........nothing stops a Wing Maker from getting IT's Way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:32 pm 
Posting Freak

Karen wrote:
Very interesting.... thank you Ananake.

It is intriguing to contemplate 'Creation' in MEST. First Source being ONE and the inspiration behind exploration/creation leads me to feel the 'wholeness' of MEST. What you are sharing seems to be physical 'proof' or observation of the interconnectedness of seeming 'components' be they something we can 'see' like the planetary alignments or beyond our 5 senses like 'archetypal patterns in human experience'. It is complex and yet ever flowing as One. First Source's 'Breath' moving the 'cosmos' to include us....flowing together in unconscious ways.

This makes me ponder 'dimensions' as well because there are dimensions within dimensions that we cannot see with our 5 senses that are 'moving' with everything as well I would believe. I have imagined Beings living here with us yet in another dimension....perhaps we 'flow' with them in synchronistic ways?

Love this....
"Everything breathes together" :)

We are alive in multiple dimensions as many different forms.....cat ,wolf,dragon,unicorn,angel,demon..gnome.salamandar,endine,glyph,,,,,,,,,All in the Chambers.....IT's real......not television.....or the computer.