WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Experiences with the Heart Virtues
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:59 am 
Posting Freak

Tolsap wrote,
Quote:
"Practice of the Heart Virtues is not just a “nice” way to learn how to love oneself, their neighbor, their planet, their universe, and their dog and how to learn about the “art” of equality. They are far, far more powerful than this; so much so, that the power of knowledge that is experienced within can at times be overwhelming, as one is continually exposed to more and more recognition of the potent force of what we are. The potent force that is contained and unleashed in every breath, thought, word, step and action."

Nice is nice....as you say the effect of practicing the HV's goes way beyond being socially pleasant. We are exploring a dimension of TIME and this exploration is transformational to our beliefs about limitation. When we begin to step in and out of time we realize how we have clipped our own wings and suppressed our own infinite spirit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:31 am 
 WWW  Profile

Yesterday, if you are living near the East Coast of the US, you were preparing for a visit from Hurricane Irene. However, Friday is my weekly food shopping day, so I went as usual only to find about two hundred people all ready there. I got less than fifteen items so I could go through the fast lane.
It was a long line even at that. As we were waiting our turns, an older lady spoke to the man in front of her. She told him that he belonged in there regular lines has his basket was full and was more than fifteen items. He yelled at her to mind her own business. Something came over me and I spoke directly to this man, saying to him that he was rude and should not speak to a lady in that way. He then yelled at me. I did something very different for me, I looked in his eyes felt compassion and sent it. The man in front of me told him to stop his behavior. He got his cart and took it to a regular line. The lady thank me.

I really had a feeling of strength of Simon's tone as I was speaking. It was very different. I would say it was the heart intelligence of Valor that I used.

I have been practicing thinking about the virtues and how to make them my thought patterns. This was the results of that practice.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:15 am 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
I remember growing up in a tiny town in Kansas - where everyone knew everyone, and if one of us kids stepped out of line, we found ourselves being spanked by someone we didn't even know ... we got spanked in school and when we got home we got spanked again, for being spanked in school ... no one took their petty disputes to court ... they delt with them on the spot ... nipped them in the bud .

When someone wanted to put an addition on their home - everyone showed up to help ... some brought food or drinks, the work was done in no time at far less expense - same with the farmers ... they would pitch in and buy one tractor that served the community, and they would go from one field to another at harvest time using that equiptment and all the same men harvested the entire area together. We did a lot of bartering too, one person on the block would raise chickens, another had a huge garden - others grew nothing but flowers ... and they swapped these items amongst them selves - without paying sales taxes ... There was a local butcher, a local bakery, seamstress and someone who knew about doctoring, electricity, plumbing, mechanics or carpentry to help advise us - We didn't have a Town hall we had a general store when the elders gathered to discuss community affairs ... when something like a tornado was headed our way ... if we didn't have our own shelter we all went to the local school and prayed and sang together to help us overcome our fears ... everyone brought food to share and after the disaster, we all helped in the clean up and repair ... in the winter we helped each other dig out and if there was a fire the sirenes blew and everyone for miles around, dropped whatever they were doing to show up to help put it out.

I alway heald that town dear in my heart as one of my fondest memories, through I only lived there for two years, and I lived in far more beautiful and exotic places ... but I never went back, because I knew that it had changed and I didn't want to spoil the memory of it, as it was, when I was a kid ... The community I live in now - is a lot like that town ... all my neighbors have stopped by and welcomed me into the neighborhood, the mail carrier even left me a note in my box just to say hi and acknowledge that I was welcome there ... Ive been told that for $75 a YEAR, a guy comes down our dirt road several time a year to keep it from getting rutted up ... and whenever it snows, he will clear the roads as well as our dive ways, I was gobsmacked after living in communtities where HOV natzis charged more than that a month and reported you if you didn't keep the weeds out of your lawns ... When dad was life-flighted to the hospital, they were all here (at a respectful distance) even though we have only been here a month - and they knew the EMTs by name ... after they left they approched me in the kindest way, to make sure I had everything I needed ... and ... some even offered to feed my animals to give me more time at the hospital ...

There is no crime in this community ... there isn't even a police station in town ... but there is a senior center - which says a lot to me. It sure reminds me of Kansas and in these troubled time, I believe it is going to be a good place for a little old lady like me to be :D

it just proves to me, that people don't have to be such A-holes ... all we ever needed, was to treat each other the way we wanted to be treated - we all got the message if someone didn't want any help ... or did, and we all respected each others right to live the way they saw fit... without needing a government to mind our business. That's the America that I knew and loved ... and there is no reason why, when the economy fails, that we can't be like that again - we don't need governing, we just need to be responsible citizens.

PS Darlene and Markz, fair thee well - my thoughts are with you... and I have a confession to make, I often go to the less than 15 items aisle - with more than 15 items - but I always ask the cashiere if that's ok with her (it always is) ... and if someone gets in line with less than me I let them go first ... but I don't go there with a cart full ... and I do believe "that it is none of your business", if I leave my dog in the car, with the windows down for a quick trip to the store, I still remember when we left our kids (not the babies) in the car when we went shopping ... and they sold lemonade without a permit and rode bikes without helmets or pads ... when we blocked of streets for parties and ball games and we could shoot firecrackers off on the Fourth of July and went swimming in the creeks and rivers, no matter who's property it ran through.

And I do know that feeling that comes from expressing Valor ... and the empowerment of each of the HVs ... it is something well worth the effort - in most cases it is transforative for everyone involved.

Last edited by starduster on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:16 am 
Posting Freak

When a perceived injustice or situation of conflict is before us what is actually important is the awareness that there is a choice before us....Pausing before acting out from the dishonesty of the HMS is the new behavior we are practicing...Pausing and re-aligning with the truth of the SI.

It is not so much focusing on the other and doing the right thing in these situations. We are changing our own behavior through seeing the world from a new perspective, and that is truly effective....We understand the conflict because it is our conflict. We pause.... and in doing so we step out of the prison of time. We choose love and move forward in that First Point of co-creation. When we do this we are aligned with the truth of the SI, expressing the intelligence of that consciousness.

It is too easy to act out of one's own socially conditioned emotional/mental state, believing that to be virtuous. This action is still about dividing against a wrong doer. When we can forgive the wrong doer in ourselves then we have aligned with love and the equality of all life.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:03 am 

I went to see a man speak last night about 'non-dual awareness'. It was in someone's home and there were about 30-40 people there and you could hear a pin drop. There was a stillness, a quality of listening that was shared by every one in this room and a great Presence felt as a result. This man who facilitated, whose presence emanated as simply 'one drop in the Ocean' not as any 'guru', spoke quietly (in more than one way) with many silent 'pauses' .... and many 'others' contributed with a similar emanation. What struck me about the experience was not really any new 'information' but the coherence of the group. Everyone there was 'ready' for unification, coherence, respect and love of Self because there was the awareness that there is no 'other'.

A very beautiful experience....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:38 am 

These last few of weeks have been difficult and tension seems to have intensified in my neighborhood. The dogs are the first to telegraph the tension. They bark and bark!

I was really having trouble with this barking problem. Within the past month, two new neighbors moved in, one directly behind my house and one right next door. Both of them have little poodles that yap. The sound frequency of the barking is nerve-racking.

Around this time, I happened to be listening to the audio file of Mark Hempel's interview with James. On one part of that interview you can hear a dog barking in the background. Hmmm.

I decided to write an "affirmation" that whenever I heard a dog bark, it would trigger me to close my eyes, breathe slowly, and feel Appreciation for the perfection of the dog's barking in this moment. (Because I believe everything we experience in this world is an expression of First Source and is part of the plan of expanding consciousness, whether we recognize it or not.)

So I did this, and it really worked. It actually seemed that the barking didn't happen as much. And when it happened, I only had to do a few breaths before the barking stopped. The barking still happens, but it's easier for me to tune it out and just breathe and appreciate.

Also, last night one of our neighbors anonymously left a bag of homemade peanut butter cookies by our front door.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:05 am 

Karen wrote:
I went to see a man speak last night about 'non-dual awareness'. It was in someone's home and there were about 30-40 people there and you could hear a pin drop. There was a stillness, a quality of listening that was shared by every one in this room and a great Presence felt as a result. This man who facilitated, whose presence emanated as simply 'one drop in the Ocean' not as any 'guru', spoke quietly (in more than one way) with many silent 'pauses' .... and many 'others' contributed with a similar emanation. What struck me about the experience was not really any new 'information' but the coherence of the group. Everyone there was 'ready' for unification, coherence, respect and love of Self because there was the awareness that there is no 'other'.

A very beautiful experience....

Thank you for sharing that experience of coherence and Presence.

On one of Eckhart Tolle's early audio CDs there is a long "you could hear a pin drop" silence before he begins speaking. Even listening to the CD, not having been there, I get a taste of that coherence and Presence, which he mentions as he begins to speak.

A few times in the Event Temples I've had that feeling too, depending on my "readiness.".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:52 pm 
Posting Freak

seed wrote:

When a perceived injustice or situation of conflict is before us what is actually important is the awareness that there is a choice before us....Pausing before acting out from the dishonesty of the HMS is the new behavior we are practicing...Pausing and re-aligning with the truth of the SI.

It is not so much focusing on the other and doing the right thing in these situations. We are changing our own behavior through seeing the world from a new perspective, and that is truly effective....We understand the conflict because it is our conflict. We pause.... and in doing so we step out of the prison of time. We choose love and move forward in that First Point of co-creation. When we do this we are aligned with the truth of the SI, expressing the intelligence of that consciousness.

It is too easy to act out of one's own socially conditioned emotional/mental state, believing that to be virtuous. This action is still about dividing against a wrong doer. When we can forgive the wrong doer in ourselves then we have aligned with love and the equality of all life.

I appreciate what you are sharing in this post, but there is another choice - to pausing ... when the Heart's intelligence is not questioned or evaluated by the mind - there is no need to pause ... or think about whatever issues you are challenged by ... the unencumbered (undistorted) Heart's intelligence will be expressed by the HI, instantly ... you will "do the right thing" without even thinking about it

The HMS tries to imitate this process, with "automatic reactions" that it has programed into the HMS - through false word associations, or emotional ties ... It can trigger a response - or a "learned" behavior automatically ... even if it is an inappropriate for a SECU ... and once it has begun, there is no way to stop it ... these "trigger words" in the HMS programs, react without "second thoughts" and can overload the mind with emotional responses intended to block certain thoughts.

The Wmms suggest that we reprogram the HMS - by clearing (neutralizing) the Heart of any attachments it has to Histories (learned behaviors/Past/Ego/HMS programs) and Emotional influences ... and then with practice, we can develop a new way of dealing with issues, that are more appropriately revealing one's true identity is not the HI, but the SI and these same materials, suggest that the only appropriate response to any issue, is to express a Virtue of the heart ... if Valor is your only option (pointing out and dealing with injustice) then, to deny ones' self the opportunity to deal with issues, using it, by practicing it - is self defeating because as the materials reveal, this is the appropriate response for a Sovereign Integral ... and the more you use it, the more natural it becomes ... until it becomes your preferred "state of being"/ way of life / self-created reality

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:22 pm 
Posting Freak

Ananake wrote:
These last few of weeks have been difficult and tension seems to have intensified in my neighborhood. The dogs are the first to telegraph the tension. They bark and bark!

I was really having trouble with this barking problem. Within the past month, two new neighbors moved in, one directly behind my house and one right next door. Both of them have little poodles that yap. The sound frequency of the barking is nerve-racking.

Around this time, I happened to be listening to the audio file of Mark Hempel's interview with James. On one part of that interview you can hear a dog barking in the background. Hmmm.

I decided to write an "affirmation" that whenever I heard a dog bark, it would trigger me to close my eyes, breathe slowly, and feel Appreciation for the perfection of the dog's barking in this moment. (Because I believe everything we experience in this world is an expression of First Source and is part of the plan of expanding consciousness, whether we recognize it or not.)

So I did this, and it really worked. It actually seemed that the barking didn't happen as much. And when it happened, I only had to do a few breaths before the barking stopped. The barking still happens, but it's easier for me to tune it out and just breathe and appreciate.

Also, last night one of our neighbors anonymously left a bag of homemade peanut butter cookies by our front door.

:)

this reminds me of a similar situation I am experiencing, however it isn't something that I have no control over ... let me explain. I have two clocks that chime ... I love that they chime, because without having to look (in the night mostly) I can listen and determine the time ... here's what I have discovered about myself, and "hearing" ... because I only hear the clocks chime when I am focused on listening to them ... I don't consciously "turn off that sound" but it no longer interrupts my thoughts - I can go for days without hearing the clocks chime once, but my company tells me that they disrupt their sleep all night long ... the clocks are still chiming away, but I just don't hear them - unless I am focused on doing that ... maybe this is something that you could do to "turn off" the barking ... not that I actually "did" something that I am conscious of ... to prevent me from hearing the clocks - but I am told that I also ignore the phone ringing sometimes too (snicker) seems my sub-conscious (soul) doesn't want to be disturbed when it is focused on "more important things" (like sleeping) ?

there is a LD that also discusses "eternal distractions" that we have no control over ... if you care to re-read it, it suggest that we change our attitude and quit blaming others for our state of being ... too much to quote but you will find the first half of the discussion reveals a great deal about our reactions to "distractions" ... that you may find helpful
http://wingmakers.com/lyricus5.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:02 pm 

Thanks, I just re-read that discourse and it is helpful. I realize how I "unwittingly close down my interface zone" when dealing with external distractions or annoyances.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:03 pm 
Posting Freak

The Artistry of Expression

"There is an implied artistry in the expression of the six heart virtues, but before the artistry can be expressed, the virtues must be anchored in genuineness. The virtues cannot be manufactured from mental constructs or merely given lip service. This quality of genuineness is a result of the heart’s and mind’s sense of connection to the deeper framework that each of these virtues operate within. For most people, this connection takes time to develop and mature. It starts, however, from having an understanding that a framework exists, and then contemplating and feeling what it is, how it works, and why it’s important to apply in one’s life."
(Living from the Heart)

The practice of the QP helps stop a mind from 'running off at the mouth,' imagining itself a heart.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:30 pm 

:D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:44 pm 
Posting Freak

nice quote, seed ... and I have been trying to make us all aware of how different the "genuine" meaning of the words used to define the HVs are, from what we believe they are ... when compared to Webster, one has to wonder how they got so perverted ... especially when we use these words and their less than authentic meaning, in our daily conversations ... imagine, if we all knew what we were saying ?

and yes, it does take a great deal of practice to reprogram the mind to refer to the genuine meanings ... which is why I write "compassion" behind "new intelligence" and "point it out and deal with it" behind Valor, and put "self" before Forgiveness ... etc etc etc, not remind my self to associate these words and not revert to what I have been programed to believe they mean ... this practice also allows others to make the same associations ... using the authentic meanings reveals our own appreciation, understanding and compassion ... as well as our ability to forgive our self when we fall back into the HMS ruts ... but one day it becomes "normal" and comfortable ... and it reveals our ability to "self-create" our own reality .

if we all researched our language, we could experience just how trans-formative the HVs are ... when they are used collectively - and authentically.

PS seed, I do understand why you have taken to just posting quotes ... I resorted to that a few times, over the years ... I appreciate your efforts to find an appropriate quote for each topic ... that's I how I learned the materials so well ... after using nothing but the quotes to express myself, I found them popping into my consciousness while discussing topics ... and it became easier and easier to find them, and share them in the related topics ... don't let anyone tell you that quoting the WMMs is "parroting" because it isn't ... not when you have adopted them as your own "language" - and you use them to express "perfectly" what you are experiencing, when other words fail you ... I appreciate what you are doing, and why you are doing it, been there done that, so I can say "I know" what you are doing and are glad to see you doing it ... and I can assure you, you will never regret using the Language of Light ... and making yourself intimately related to it ... not to mention, you'll never be "off topic" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:24 pm 
Posting Freak

good to hear that you, found the LD helpful ... I quoted that one more any any of the others ... it taught me a great deal about "expectations" ... especially the expectation that others have about "spiritual individuals" ... that they can't even live up to (snicker) I truly love the LDs, even though I didn't at first because of the teacher/student setting - but what great questions and answers ! :D

some of the best quotes are found in the LDs... like "trust the parts and trust the whole" ... and "we ARE good spiritual beings, due to our origins , not our behaviors " and "NOTHING prevents you..." or "You haven’t invented them yet? " .... I could go on an on ... and I admit, that I thought it a little strange, that we were asked to read them outloud, monthly, for a year ... but I did it ... and completely understand why, these particular concepts were what the LTO believe are important for me to become familiar with ... what I believed was "elementary" became foundational when explained with a WM's perspective ... reading them over and over, with time to digest them in between, is well worth the effort IMO.

somewhere in the materials, we are told, that the Answer awaits the question ... that it has always been there - we have always know the answers ... but we were programed, never to questioned what we were told - especially if we were being told by the Hierarchies ... "if you know what's good for ya" ... I find the WMMs are beyond their reach, to grasp ... they will admit, on a rare occasion, that they do not have all the answers, that some things remain a "mystery"

The Wmms explain the "mysteries" as "paradoxes" ... when they themselves are a paradox for many people ... "contrary to our (personal) expectations" :wink:

as are the Heart Virtues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6