WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Valor
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:30 pm 
Posting Freak

I love this virtue because when exercised with understanding another heart(s) is woken...

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:34 pm 
Posting Freak

From my experience in exercising this virtue coupled with understanding and compassion the recepient of it pauses long enough to not engage the usual habitual judgement of self that perhaps, had driven them unconsciously to act in a manner that called for the valor of someone else to intervene as areminder to be kinder to oneself. I so love how these virtues just give and give and give. How expansive can that be?:D

[Edited on 5-8-2007 by Shayalana]

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:59 am 

I find it interesting that in the order you are supposed to say the 6 virtures for one of the excerises, valor is the last one.

~We Fly by the House Jacks

"Zorba the Buddha" ~Osho~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:30 am 

Valor is the one that deals directly with Death.

It includes Bravery, Nobility, and Courage, I suppose.

Valor to know that you will die, so you take the most Noble path, that requires extreme Bravery, so you must Courage.

Try it out...make one Scenario, and then insert the Values, seperated by commas, or very well crafted sentences.

It helps to be very neat when doing this, as you can clearly see how each value effects the cascade of all of them.

This is why we like stories so much, because they exhibit Values. Stories are amazing.

The Ancient Arrow Book has tons and tons and tons of Values.

It always works very well.

[Edited on 6-8-2007 by DeepInWide]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:05 pm 

[quote][i]Originally posted by kivawolfspeaker[/i]
I find it interesting that in the order you are supposed to say the 6 virtures for one of the excerises, valor is the last one. [/quote]

Did you also notice that they are listed in alphbetical order (at least in English)?

Appreciation
compassion
forgiveness
humility
understanding
valor

Simplicity is beautiful.

I also noticed that the way the diagram is set up I could follow the grid outline while saying the words out loud. It helped with the feeling and visualization of the meditation.

I know each of us are going to see and do this in different ways and that will be/is the beauty. oooooh..... how will it look and feel when we are interacting in the Event Temples together?

LTF

[Edited on 6-8-2007 by LearningToFly]

in the hymn of the Songkeeper." One day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:02 pm 

You know LTF, I did not notice that until you pointed it out;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:32 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
DW...as the paper explains...valor is often associated with the battlefield...but it is demonstrated whenever we stand up for what is right...in the face of "power"...

this is something we need to develop here in the USA because it is apathy that allows criminals to get away with restricting the free will of the innocent because they are in positions of power.

like the saying goes..."Evil abounds, when the good do nothing".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:04 am 

Hahaha Duster. Yep..''Life is a battlefield'' all right....;)

Make that a ''Be-at-a-field'' of ones' chosen endeavors. Maybe that's why the ''Be-at-itudes'' are the 'bliss of the blessed'.
An [i]'attitude[/i] of being benign'. As opposed to an 'altitude' of being seen behind blindedness'. That's for the parts of us that at times.., cannot ''see the for us for the me's''

[b]"Evil abounds, when the good do nothing".....[/b]

''Complicity leads to duplicity''.

Which we all know is a 'load of crapathy'............

-------------------------------------------------

Hey [b]LTF[/b]...:):):)!

Couldn't help but think of you in connection with [b]L[/b]iving [b]F[/b]rom [b]T[/b]he [b]H[/b]eart....

[b]LFTH[/b].....L-FTH. "[b]L[/b]e [b]F[/b]if[b]TH[/b]''

"Le Fifth Element'' of ''Le Fifth Dimension''.

Perhaps it is like it is said at the close of some ''AA'' meetings....

[b]''It works if you work it.''[/b]

Simple enough.

I had to smile when reading your ''simplicity is beautiful''. I am often reminded of a quote which I have shared here before from a book that was loaned to me from my 'Cal Pal'..., ''Angels in Starships''. And that is

''Humility and Simplicity lead to Humility and Simplicity''

I found some interesting quotes concerning the 'hummability' of this particular 'heart' (needs be felt) virtue....
http://www.unification.net/ws/theme128.htm

And yep.., the 'alpha-beta-zing' of the virtues is a tough one for us 'acronyminists'....

[b]A-C-F-H-U-V[/b]

It took a while to come up with something 'semi-usuable'. ((otherwise it's knowledge in a book on a shelfuseless.

''ACFHUV''....

All of the virtues..., when in 'action', are 'acts of full o' love'. To [i]act favorably[/i] (''valor'' is in 'favorably').., then it is as Shakespeare sort of said.., ''We are all actors on this stage of love''.
(And we all play our 'bit part' to our perfection)

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:47 am 

Be-at-a-field!!!

AWESOME!!

My lovely ancient field of carrots and lettuce.

Rightly, I will not stand for somebody elses cause....no matter how grand.

This makes it interesting, as I stand only for myself.

If you want to battle the Evil, go ahead. They are my friends.

The dark allows me to see the light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:30 pm 

Kiva,

Your wondering why valor is a very good insight and I didn't want to downplay that in any way.

I thought about something else related to the alphabetical order of the words. If you have read anything about alphabets then you remember that there is an order to the procession of the letters. A beginning, the journey and an end (and a lot more, too). Each letter has shapes and meanings in their histories that have evolved over time. I have only read some about it. The Hebrew alphabet seems to be one that our current system has evolved from. As an aside, Neruda, in the story is an expert "in languages and ancient texts."

But, while it is very interesting, it is more MOTE. Which doesn't make it a bad thing just another distraction if we really don't know how to apply it. For anyone interested in the MOTE discussion: [url]http://wingmakers.com/answersfromjames.html[/url]
Questions 7 & 8.

Someday I would like to learn more about languages! That will come in its own time I suspect!

LTF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:32 pm 

Hiya Moonz!

[quote]LFTH.....L-FTH. "Le FifTH''

"Le Fifth Element'' of ''Le Fifth Dimension''.
[/quote]

Someday I will tell you about the fifth... ;)

LTF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:15 pm 

[quote][i]- LearningToFly[/i]
Someday I will tell you about the fifth... ;) [/quote]

:):):)

and on that one fine 'someday'.................
I may understand.
;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:29 pm 

Kabbalah will allow you to interpret language to you in a way that is real.

Words do not mean things, you are the one finding meaning in them.

When people understand shared values, words take on another form.

Kabbalah shows this. Try it! It is very easy, but very deep.

It is an associative technique. Start by writing it down.

Bernice Falling Leaves is somebody that started me on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:37 pm 
Posting Freak

LTF great to hear from you sister!:)

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:18 am 

Valor is constantly needed to speak the new words -- by which I don`t mean the books or beautiful essays. Not the old words; whether they are ancient wisdoms or repetitions from one`s own mindset that are really not the adequate answer to the actual situation. Valor will always give an adequate answer even when it has to repeat over and over, it is still new because it is the art of the genuine. It is "needed" because things are usually misunderstood. Misunderstanding, lack of understanding is the cause of action that requires valor because otherwise one would not understand the significance of actuality. The combination of valor and understanding is therefore necessary in this context, otherwise the messenger would be killed each time without anyone even noticing it, as practically nobody involved understood a certain point. This combination (perhaps the simpliest of them all) is an excellent form of behavior. You don`t spoil your energy in any way. It is one clear communication. And this is enough.

Valor...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:59 am 
Posting Freak

[color=olive] [i]Valor nurtures love.....

When you know 'yourself' to be love..... then "to defend yourself from injustice" is to nurture the core identity....which is the core identity of all beings.
To nurture all life through one's expression is speaking truth to the powerful recognition that the core essence of everything is FS.

[/color] [/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:19 pm 
Posting Freak

Hey Starduster, we know don't we.... cause we are doing something... without judging others huh?;):D

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:52 pm 
Posting Freak

For the moonster...

"Nonjudgement is generous and allowing. Nonjudgemental perceptions aren't overattached to or overidentified with what's wrong. Thus becoming more neutral is the first step toward nonjudgement. Eventually, as you take further steps, you begin to see the deeper aspects of life and people-aspects that are so wonderful that some might call them divine. Instead of quickly identifying people's faults and seeing their character through that fault-finding lens, you begin to lead with love. Not only do the people around you start to look better, but your entire spirit is enhanced by that generous, life-giving quality.

When your heart is online, you have less tendency to focus on the negative things in life. That doesn't mean you like or agree with everything you see, that's not the point. But, your own measuring, confining opinions lose their vice grip on you. When you evaluate with the heart, you can still have opinions, but you have other choices as well-feelings of compassion and appreciation that may not of been there before. In time the warmth of those feelings will begin to appeal to you so much more than your judgements and opinions that you'll have the motivation to set those mental constructs aside."

The HeartMath Solution by Doc Childre and Howard Martin
with Donna Beech

HeartMath has done more than anyone I know of in the field of Psychology in terms of "Positive Psychology" than anyone else . They have taken it to a simple, clear in depth understanding having been and still being their own models of what they teach and do for the world. I am eternally grateful to these wonderful ,caring and loving people. Also they have been calling it the energetic heart long before James brought it to the WMM . Thank God James is so aligned with them amongst the many others in their leading edge and new fields. Or is it they are aligned with James and does it really matter?;)

:o:):cool::D

[Edited on 16-8-2007 by Shayalana]

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:23 pm 

[quote]The How To Book of Teen Self Discovery -Doc Childre.
Topic: Care
Source: None Care is the the actualization of love assumed. -Doc Childre.
Source: None A Parenting Manual -Doc Childre.
Source: None Self Empowerment -Doc Childre.
Source: None Freeze-Frame -Doc Childre.
Topic: Children / Youth
Source: None An aware parent loves all children he or she meets and interacts with - for you are a caretaker for those moments in time. Doc Childre, A Parenting Manual: Heart Hope for the Family -Doc Childre.
Topic: Children / Youth
Source: None When you make an efficient choice in moments of indecision, you establish more effectiveness within a given time span, saving energy and stress. That's a time shift. William Jennings Bryan Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Choice
Source: None How you choose to respond each moment to the movie of life determines how you see the next frame, and the next, and eventually how you feel when the movie ends. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Choice
Source: None , Freeze-Frame -Doc Childre.
Topic: Communication
Source: None Learning how to access a continuity of common sense can be one of your most efficient accomplishments in this decade. Can you imagine "common sense" surpassing science and technology in the quest to unravel the human stress mess? In time, society will have a new measure for confirming truth. It's inside the people-not at the mercy of current scientific methodology. Let scientists facilitate discovery, but not invent your inner truth. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Computer / Technology / Science
Source: None With just a little education and practice on how to manage your emotions, you can move into a new experience of life so rewarding that you will be motivated to keep on managing your emotional nature in order to sustain it. The payoff is delicious in terms of improved quality of life. Barbara Hoberman Levine, Your Body Believes Every Word You Say Learning to love and accept ourselves is basic to human education. So is learning to language emotion in a positive way. Ultimately when we learn to truly love and accept ourselves, we'll be able to live well and love each other and every thing we encounter. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Education
Source: None Managing our emotions increases intuition and clarity. It helps us self-regulate our brain chemicals and internal hormones. It gives us natural highs, the real fountain of youth we've been searching for. It enables us to drink from elixirs locked within our cells, just waiting for us to discover them. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Emotions
Source: None I realize it's hard not to churn your problems and I'm not idealistically saying you shouldn't. Still, you can learn to manage your non-efficient thinking and emotions. Just learn to be as conscious of your *mental and emotional energy expenditures and returns* as you are conscious of your dollar expenditures and returns. Remember the mental and emotional budget sheet. If you *halfway* play with this concept, it can give you a new perspective on energy economy. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Emotions
Source: None Our mental and emotional diets determine our overall energy levels, health and well-being more than we realize. Every thought and feeling, no matter how big or small, impacts our inner energy reserves. Mother Teresa There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread. Doc Childre and Howard Martin, The HeartMath Solution Heartfelt positive feelings create far more than a healthy psychological effect. They fortify our internal energy systems and nourish the body right down to the cellular level. For that reason, we like to think of these emotions as "quantum nutrients." Gary Zukav (as quoted in -Doc Childre.
Topic: Health
Source: None True creativity quite simply starts with balancing your emotions and activating the power of the heart. Through practicing emotional management from the heart, you tap into the highest form of creativity possible-recreating your perceptions of reality. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Heart-quotes
Source: None What will be required to increase the quality of life and health is a coming together of technology and values, based on a scientific guiding principle that people can agree on. Securing a healthy global future requires this guiding principle to preserve freedom of spirit yet be as provable as the laws of physics. A guiding principle that addresses the meaning of life and is compelling enough to generate social cohesion and behaviors that serve the greater whole. After thirty years of investigation and research, it has become clear to me that the answer lies within the human heart. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Inspiring
Source: None Our true identity is to love without fear and insecurity. Our higher potential finds us when we set our course in that direction. The power of love and compassion transforms insecurity. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Love
Source: None Teaching Children to Love -Doc Childre.
Topic: Love
Source: None The most acute social priority is for individuals to clean up their own mental and emotional messes. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Mankind
Source: None Heart presence is about having more of your real self show up in each moment. It's about being mentally, emotionally, and physically present in the heart. We often put so much energy and focus on how we "present" ourselves - the way we appear, what we wear,what we say, what car we drive. If we put a fraction of that energy into how we present ourselves to ourselves on the mental and emotional levels, we can greatly reduce anxiety and increase our vitality. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Now
Source: None An aware parent loves all children he or she meets and interacts with-for you are a caretaker for those moments in time. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Parenting
Source: None , Self Empowerment Self-empowerment - that's learning to respect other people's music, but dance to your own tune as you master harmony within yourself. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Self-respect
Source: None , HeartMath Discovery Program Time pressure starts to subside when we shift to the heart to find quality of mood and ease. It's our unmanaged emotions that turn time into an opponent and make life a rat race. Managing time with the heart is the ultimate time management tool. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Time
Source: None When you make an efficient choice in moments of indecision, you establish more effectiveness within a given time span, saving energy and stress. That's a time shift. Doc Childre - Women Lead With Their Hearts (a White Paper) The new paradigm is a joint venture between head and heart intelligence, which generates a continuity of intuitive creative intelligence. Intuition cuts time and effort. As you gain intuitive intelligence, you become more energy and time effective. Bruce Cockburn, "A Dream Like Mine" -Doc Childre.
Topic: Time
Source: None Learning how to access a continuity of common sense can be one of your most efficient accomplishments in this decade. Can you imagine "common sense" surpassing science and technology in the quest to unravel the human stress mess? In time, society will have a new measure for confirming truth. It's inside the people-not at the mercy of current scientific methodology. Let scientists facilitate discovery, but not invent your inner truth. Robert Kennedy The greatest truth must be recognition that in every man, in every child is the potential for greatness. -Doc Childre.
Topic: Truth
Source: None Domestic and social violence usually starts off with a few angry words and a few hurt feelings that don't get resolved, then escalates into feelings of betrayal, rage and revenge. Inner feelings of rage soon spill over into all aspects of society. Social stress multiplies daily with every new report of political upheaval, child abuse, drug abuse, workplace violence, children bringing guns to school, homelessness, ethnic wars or some other crisis. The root cause of a lot of these social stresses is the inner violence created by dysfunctional communication between the heart and the mind. As social stress increases, we're faced with a choice: Retreat into fear and isolation, become angry and bitter, try to ignore it all, or take responsibility for our own stress reactions. Bobby Jagdev For peace, we must prepare for war. Slade Whitfield -Doc Childre.
Topic: Violence
Source: None[/quote]
http://www.worldofquotes.com/author/Doc ... index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:13 am 
Posting Freak

If one checks out ,www.heartmath.com ,one will find what Doc Childre along with other like hearted have created in cooperation and collaboration with each other and which gives a very extensive report on their work in the discovery of the important and major role of the heart to date.You can also find the link in the links section of the Wingmakers website. :)

[Edited on 17-8-2007 by Shayalana]

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:41 am 

What`s valor that`s loveless? What is love without understanding? Lower Self, "The Edification Which Lies In The Fact That In Relation To God We Are Always In The Wrong" will surely set you free...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:14 am 

Nathan,

Are suggesting we are all sinners?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:57 am 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
I really can't imagine some one being valiant who wasn't acting out of genuine Love. Valor usually means putting yourself "out there" for others"... either facing some physical challenge (slaying life's dragons) or willing to take ridicule for an unpopular stance...

I would assume that the Phantom Core inspires/encourages Valor... and perhaps it is not so much something that we give a lot of thought to, but is an emotional reaction that comes directly from the heart, that is selfless and exhibits more concern for those a person loves than for their own well being...overcoming the strongest and most basic instinct for survival.

I think a good example of valor in todays world would be when someone refuses a high paying job (with all the perks) because of how working for that particular company effects the community. It does not have to be a public or vocal display of emotions...but can be a private demonstration of "being true to one's SELF". Sticking to a personal code of ethics with our neighbors in mind is pretty valiant in this "what's in it for me, society"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:03 pm 
Posting Freak

[color=olive][i]To behave valorously traditionally was primarily to be brave and strong in the face of a perceived danger.

To behave valorously in the context of the heart virtues, is to love when faced with the mental distortions of the time-space dimensions...to understand the distortion and its manifestations, and to love anyway.

The Sovereign Integral principles apply to expressing valor.....universal relationship through gratitude, observance of Source in all things and nurturance of life.

To see and love the core essence shining out and to support that, to me this is expressing valor.

seed[/color] [/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 am 

What sin would one talk about? To be in the wrong in relation to "God" is a Christian concept for the Self to remember its state of separation. The mind-ego will take itself to be the entity but it is in the wrong. The valor it may employ can alone be arrogance. Such love is exclusive or untrue. I have always stood for the most important radical distinction between the ego-Self and the entity/soul-consciousness, for when this is not understood, you cannot live from the heart. Your imagination would still slowly transform your behaviour, so that one day you would see what you have done, but I don`t know if this is a sin. One doesn`t know what sin is. Everything is allowed. In eternity every soul will be their own judge. One is not in a hurry. Meanwhile, the friend`s name is Valor.

Friendship is something subtle. You are equals, but you will serve each other whether it is by a thought, a hand, or the right word on the right time. When you never do something for another like this you cannot expect to be friends. And your support must be genuine and not exaggerated, but not [i]too[/i] subtle! Maybe two thoughts are too little. For example, maybe you need to say sorry and from your heart to another. This may be the deed of valor to practice the art of the heart. So, then not for example the repetition of the same very small mistake as to demonstrate forgiveness to yourself and others, as if it would be forgiveness to belittle emotional missteps, but to say sorry -- now I understand. The other wouldn`t need this, forgiveness is for the sake of one`s own emotional state. So, valor and understanding, but, valor and [i]forgiveness[/i]. I like to let things come naturally. You know it takes courage to forgive oneself. This combination is basic to that old biblical wisdom, and separate from that time...