WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 78  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:43 am 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
some old news that never saw the light of day:

http://www.truthout.org/issues_05/051005EA.shtml

Ireland Faces Big Chill as Ocean Current Slows
By Jonathan Leake
The Sunday Times, Ireland

Sunday 08 May 2005

Climate change researchers have detected the first signs of a slowdown in the Gulf Stream - the mighty ocean current that keeps Ireland and Europe from freezing.

They have found that one of the "engines" driving the Gulf Stream - the sinking of supercooled water in the Greenland Sea - has weakened to less than a quarter of its former strength. The weakening, apparently caused by global warming, could herald big changes in the current over the next few years or decades. Paradoxically, it could lead to Ireland, Britain and northwestern Europe undergoing a sharp drop in temperatures.

Such a change has long been predicted by scientists but the new research is among the first to show clear experimental evidence of the phenomenon.

Peter Wadhams, professor of ocean physics at Cambridge University, hitched rides under the Arctic ice cap in Royal Navy submarines and used ships to take measurements across the Greenland Sea.

"Until recently we would find giant ´chimneys´ in the sea where columns of cold, dense water were sinking from the surface to the seabed 3,000 metres below, but now they have almost disappeared," he said.

"As the water sank it was replaced by warm water flowing in from the south, which kept the circulation going. If that mechanism is slowing, it will mean less heat reaching Europe."

Such a change could have a severe impact on Ireland, which lies on the same latitude as Siberia and ought to be much colder.

Wadhams and his colleagues believe, however, that just such changes could be well under way. They predict that the slowing of the Gulf Stream is likely to be accompanied by other effects, such as the complete summer melting of the Arctic ice cap by as early as 2020 and almost certainly by 2080.

This would spell disaster for Arctic wildlife such as the polar bear, which would be likely to go extinct in the wild.

Wadhams´s submarine journeys took him under the North Polar ice cap, using sonar to survey the ice from underneath. He has measured how the ice has become 46% thinner over the past 20 years.

The results from these surveys prompted him to focus on a feature called the Odden ice shelf, which should grow out into the Greenland Sea every winter and recede in summer.

The growth of this shelf should trigger the annual formation of the sinking water columns. As sea water freezes to form the shelf, the ice crystals expel their salt into the surrounding water - making it heavier than the water below.

However, the Odden ice shelf has stopped forming. It last appeared in full in 1997.

"In the past we could see nine to 12 giant columns forming under the Odden shelf each year. In our latest cruise, we found only two and they were so weak that the sinking water could not reach the seabed," said Wadhams.

He disclosed the findings at a meeting of the European Geosciences Union in Vienna and will shortly publish further details.

The exact effect of such changes is hard to predict because currents and weather systems take years to respond and because there are two other areas around the north Atlantic where water sinks, helping to maintain circulation. Less is known about how climate change is affecting these.

However, Wadhams suggests the effect could be dramatic. "One of the frightening things in the film The Day After Tomorrow showed how the circulation in the Atlantic Ocean is upset because the sinking of cold water in the north Atlantic suddenly stops," he said.

"The sinking is stopping, albeit much more slowly than in the film - over years rather than a few days. If it continues, the effect will be to cool the climate of northern Europe."

One possibility is that Europe will freeze; another is that the slowing of the Gulf Stream may keep Europe cool as global warming heats the rest of the world - but with more extremes of weather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:13 pm 
Posting Freak

http://www.tbrnews.org/Archives/a1616.htm

The Voice of the White House

May 27, 2005: “This is going to be a heavy-duty series of articles this week. In the first place, I have been told that Fat Karl the Eunuch is trying to spread rumors that I am actually someone else; that I do not exist and that everything I write about is all fiction and left-wing garbage. Fat Karl is losing his grip and if he is not careful, he might soon lose his head.

From two sources, neither of whom know each other and both of whom are well-placed in the system, I have been receiving information that indicates that a coup d´etat against the Bush administration is apparently being seriously contemplated in certain circles.

The first of these is the higher commands of the U.S. military which is disgusted with Bush and his ruination, as they see it, of the discipline and legitimate tasks of the military and the other is a loose confederation of very high level American businessmen who see Bush as a complete and fatal disaster to American business, most especially in the areas of foreign trade.

Bush has harassed the high military command for not being sufficiently servile to him and for not going along with his outrageous and weird ideas. He has insulted, in public, a number of their top officers and now has decided to supply commercial mini-vans to transport the troops in Iraq. A mini-van is about as safe to ride around in as a go-cart but Bush’s friends in the collapsing auto industry have bribed him to demand this change. All that will happen is that more soldiers will die quicker. It is not possible to adequately armor plate a mini van and there is no intention of armor plating them. Bush has also enraged veteran members of the CIA , not because they did not give him adequate intelligence concerning Iraq but because they did. Bush does not want facts. He demands obedience to his whims and because the CIA reports did not favor his propaganda, he hated them and trashed their abilities in public. They retaliated by releasing material that made Bush look like the vicious fool that he is and he cracked down on them, appointing the awful Porter Goss to control them. Goss, acting like a drunk bull in a china shop, has fired very competent personnel and replaced them with obedient, and worse, Republican faggots who will do the Head Queen’s biddings.

The CIA has joined the ranks of the military in hoping for an end to the Bush Adiministration.

The United States is not run by the President or Congress. It has always been run by a power elite composed of major business interests, the military and a few other, often changing, groups. The present elite members are almost totally unknown to the public but they set up the scenarios and call the turns.

Bush was elected by a coup, not by the American people. He was seen to be crooked, rather stupid, vicious and frantic for some kind of recognition. He is grossly incompetent as a manager so this new American oligarchy jobbed him into the White House with the open connivance of his brother, Jeb, in Florida and the reluctant aid of the Supreme Court. Bush is totally under the influence, and control, of a group of fascistic Republicans, a gang of twittering gays and a coven of Likudists. They have made common cause to run the United States for Bush but the fascist movement is running into serious problems with more powerful elite groups. I am quoting here from a document with an interesting analysis of the modern fascist, not the old Mussolini-Hitler and Franco fascist.

"A fascist is one whose lust for money or power is combined with such an intensity of intolerance toward those of other races, parties, classes, religions, cultures, regions or nations as to make him ruthless in his use of deceit or violence to attain his ends. The supreme god of a fascist, to which his ends are directed, may be money or power; may be a race or a class; may be a military, clique or an economic group; or may be a culture, religion, or a political party."

As a result of the economic and military disasters the narrow-minded and ignorant President is creating, there is now a very powerful internal movement to get him out of the White House, either by turning Congress and the people against him (with the willing assistance of the media barons) or by more forceful means…a coup d’Etat.

I do not have any concrete knowledge of the specifics of this alleged putsch but my sources are certain that it is being very seriously pursued with at least one study group working on control of internal communications (my sources´ specialty) and a banker friend of mine, another source, has said almost the identical thing to me. They do not know each other and, to the best of my knowledge, have no points of contact.

One of them said that Bush is afraid of such possible actions and has gathered a huge number of security people around his person to prevent his being siezed or assassinated. Cheney is also terrified of this and spends most of his time in a very heavily guarded underground bunker. A source has supplied me with the location of this but I am leaving that bit of information strictly private.

An unsuccessful grenade attack on Bush in Georgia was deliberately underreported and there was a plot uncovered by the German security people to blow Bush up when he came to Mainz, Germany, earlier this year.

The first incident was reported because the foreign media got their hands on it but the second has never surfaced. The putative assassins were not German, nor Arabs, but instead were reported to me by one source to be "most probably under American hire."

I have also learned from a source in the Chase Manhattan bank that his people are scared literally shitless over the news, gleaned from a very competent German intelligence service, that a group, totally off the screen, not Muslim and probably American-based, have managed to crack the entrance information into the electronic, international banking wire and transfer system. These are:

· SWIFT (Bruxelles)

Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Transactions

· CHAPS (London)

Clearing House Automated Payments System

· CHIPS (New York) - Private Sector

Clearing House Interbank Payments System

· FEDWIRE (New York) - US Government

Fedwire Funds Service

If, as the German reports have rumored, someone or some group successfully sabotages these systems, the world of international banking and the entire country would suffer a terrible blow that would take months, if not years, to recover from. Billions of dollars in bank transfers would vanish instantly and replicating the data, if the attackers know what they are doing, would take eons to try to replace. For instance, the BofA transfers $200.000,000 to a bank in Germany and in a nano second, the transfer vanishes. No money is sent and none received. I do not know if this operation is connected with other very disruptive activities that our Brave Defenders of Liberty are trying to track but the Germans seem to feel that the elements involved are not Arabs or Russians but Americans because of the idiomatic English in the messages they have decoded.

So much for the fun and games of the growing legion of Bush haters.

My secretary has taken the Secret Service “Gannon” logs and transcribed them for me. I am including a précis of this and suggest that the curious look at Bush’s official activities which can be found on http://www.Whitehouse.gov unless they have been discreetly removed because of the obvious conclusions curious people will immediately arrive at…every time Gannon was loose in the Monkey Palace, the President was there. Many times, Karl Rove was not, giving the lie to the rumors that Fat Karl was having his ditch ploughed by the mighty Bulldog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:42 pm 
Posting Freak

Howard Phillips: U.S. Can't Attack Iraq Unless Congress Declares War

Wes Vernon, NewsMax.com

Wednesday, July 24, 2002

WASHINGTON – "There is no war on terrorism. Congress has not declared any such war.”
With those words, a three-time presidential hopeful told a weekend seminar sponsored by Accuracy in Academia that President Bush should not go to war with Iraq without the constitutional blessing of a formal declaration of war.

War with Iraq, hotly debated within conservative as well as left-wing circles, would best gain the necessary legitimacy if the president and Congress follow their constitutionally proscribed duties before such an undertaking, according to former "third party” candidate Howard Phillips.

Phillips, whose bid for the presidency in 2000 was under the banner of the Constitution Party, reminded his audience the Constitution of the United States plainly says the Congress shall have the power to declare war.

U.S. 'Lost Every Undeclared War'

"It is an interesting fact that our country has won every declared war and lost every undeclared war,” said the president of the Conservative Caucus Research, Analysis, and Education Foundation Inc.

He cited the Spanish-American War, World War I and World War II as the declared wars in which the U.S. was victorious.

By contrast, Phillips said, the U.S. lost in the Korean War, "which was a police action … under the authority of the United Nations;" Vietnam, which "was not a declared war,” for which the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution was no substitute for a Declaration of War; and Desert Storm.

Desert Storm? The Gulf War where then-President George H.W. Bush triumphantly declared the U.S. "beat the Vietnam syndrome”?

"I would posit that Desert Storm was a war that we lost,” insisted Phillips, "because Saddam Hussein remained in power, etc.

"The reason you lose undeclared wars is because the Congress has not defined the objects of war,” the conservative leader argued.

'We Have Not Defined the Enemy'

"We have not defined the enemy, nor have we defined our military objectives. And that is why … there is more frustration about the supposed war on terrorism.”

President Bush "is now talking about war on Iraq,” Phillips noted. "You can make a case for it. You can make a case against it.

"But what you can’t oppose is the clear obligation of the president of the United States to secure a declaration of war from the Congress of the United States before he initiates action in Iraq or elsewhere.

"We will suffer greatly,” he warned, "whenever we fail to adhere to the Constitution of the United States.”

Howard Phillips, by any standard a "strict constructionist” on adherence to the document that for more than 200 years has been the foundation for U.S. government, also made the following observations:

No 'Separation of Church and State'

There is nothing in the Constitution that proclaims a "separation of church and state.” It does posit "a non-establishment of a church.” That is not the same thing, even though "separation of church and state” is often cited to drive religion out of America’s public square.
For example, a court decision saying one cannot recite the phrase "under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance is "totally beyond the authority of any federal court.”

Already, when one seeks federal office (as Phillips did in 1992, 1996 and 2000), it is necessary to "set aside hundreds of thousands of dollars to make sure that you have not violated, either civilly or criminally, the rules promulgated by the Federal Election Commission.”
'Outrage' of Campaign Finance 'Reform'

This is compounded by the McCain-Feingold campaign finance "reform” law, which "violates the First Amendment’s stipulation” that Congress shall make no law abridging freedom of speech or of the press. The former presidential hopeful believes this is "a total outrage, and this should be abolished.”

Article 3 of the Constitution "clearly limits the authority of the judicial branch.” The Supreme Court was specifically created in the Constitution, Phillips noted. "But all of the inferior [other federal] courts are creatures of Congress,” including, of course, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, which ruled against the "Under God” phrase in the Pledge.
"Congress created them. Congress can abolish them” and "can refuse to appropriate any money for a district court or appellate court with whose actions they disagree.” The president can veto any such appropriations.

Judicial Nominees

If President Bush is serious about getting his judicial nominees on the bench (a problem stemming from the political recalcitrance of Senate leftists who are dragging their feet in the confirmation process), "he can use his recess appointment authority …. And while a recess appointment only lasts until the next session of Congress, a lot can be accomplished by a judge during that period of time.”
That would force the Senate Judiciary Committee "to take action because they [the judges] serve until their successors are appointed.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:53 pm 
Posting Freak

Love and graditude can be great motivators too even in very stressful situations. I would rather come from these than fear. Victumization is such because of fear being part of it's motivation. Fear is not the only choice for motivation. We fear because we are ignorant or it is an automatic response to a given situation that may be life threatening and immediate action is required.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:13 am 
Posting Freak

In a way, I agree that fear is rooted in ignorance...but this is "personal" ignorance...because we fail to investigate what causes our "fears". I would guess that nine times out of ten, it is because we are not "prepared"... or do not have the "experience" of handling this type of situation...and our fear is of the "unknown"...

take for instance, the June sixth senario...where a couple of asteroids are predicted by NASA to come very near to the earth...and some have predicted that they will actually impact the earth... Having seen such movies as IMPACT and others...we basically know what is expected...and those who live inland were not as "reactive" to the "fear" because they felt "safe"...or better prepared if such a thing were to happen... Those however, living on the coastlines...may have been motivated to move...or to create an "escape plan"... a "fire drill"...so that if such a thing was to happen, they would have already "thought through" the situation, and were mentally prepared to "deal" with it, in an orderly fashion.

When I present "fear-full" senarios, I do it in hopes that we can "think through" these many otherwise fear inducing situations...so that we can investigate what causes us to be fear filled...and change "the program" accordingly...calmly. Some choose to do nothing...yet, this is also a choice they have made...and still will not compelled by fear, if such a senario should present it'self...as in the Movie IMPACT...the father and daughter decided to go to the beach...and with love, embrace their fate...of their own free will.

There are many "adrenelin junkies" who travel from one place to another...to ride rolly coasters or jump out of airplanes...because they love the "rush" that is produced from their bodies reaction to fear...they have learned how to "love" fear...others join the marines...to "train" themselves to react in a certain way to what would ordinarily paralize the average human...or take "survival training" courses...as a way to overcome fear.

these fear producing senerios I present...are my way of helping us investigate what fills us with fear...so that, while we have the opportunity to carefully discover how to overcome it... we can at least prepare for such an event.

It also give "light workers"... focused attention... to redirect the energy of fear...The Liminal Cosnos...in the Lyricus website, tell us that Earth Changes are the first of our "woes"... we do not have to be victums of fear...we can learn to be Masters of our emotions...if our desire is to "survive"...then we must first "think through" what causes fear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:10 pm 
Posting Freak

Starduster, to master ones emotions is a wonderful thing to do. But, why constantly subject oneself to that which evokes a cascade of chemicals to assault the body and age one quicker than necessary? You said you watch What The Bleep once a week, what did you learn from it in terms of changing neuro-nets and understanding that we are holographically imprinted chemicals. This means that whatever image we hold in our frontal lobe becomes our reality. So you choose yours according to all of these scenarios of fear that may not necessarily even be true. How do you think such things come about? By NOT focusing on them or do they happen because enough people DO focus on them? It's your choice ,which view to you want to support and how responsible do you want to be for creating reality?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:21 pm 
Posting Freak

Also, a wonderful reminder from the WMM's:

"In your world you are taught to believe that your body has a mind and spirit, when indeed, IT IS YOUR SPIRIT THAT HAS A MIND AND BODY. Your spirit is the archetect, your mind is the builder, and your body is the material embodiment. The archetect-your spirit-is only a thought away. Listen to its ancient voice. Perceive with its ancient eyes. Honor these gateways of intelligence as you would your Creator. THEY ARE YOUR REALITY(emphasize mine). They are the defining elements of your existence. It is time they yeild the information that is the only true source of your liberation.YOU HAVE ONLY TO COMMAND IT, FOR WE ASSURE YOU, THE TEACHER YOU HAVE ALWAYS SOUGHT IS AWAKE AND WAITING,(emphasize mine)."

Capacities of Self-creation, Decoded from Chamber 17, Wingmakers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:38 pm 
Posting Freak

Shayalana...point taken...no one forces you to read this thread...if you are frightened by it...I suggest you not read it...as long as we are IN the body...the prime directive is "survival"... if you are not interested in exercising your ability to control your emotions...fine with me...:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:39 pm 
Posting Freak

anyone checked out Mt St Helen's lately...

USGS Update @ 10:10 am PDT - Both the VolcanoCam at Johnston Ridge Observatory and our USGS DomeCam near the mouth of the crater are in the clouds this morning. Unobstructed views of the dome over the next few days are not likely given current weather forecasts. Seismicity remains at a relatively low level with small quakes occurring about every 4 to 6 minutes, some of which indicate continued rockfall from the dome. The GPS unit on the older part of the new dome near the vent continues to translate southward at slightly more than 6 inches per day, eastward at about 18 inches per day, and to rise vertically a few inches per day.

Night of 30/31 May - The clouds parted just after 23:00 last night and the glow from the lavadome was visible on and off for the entire night. There was a series of outbursts, indicating on-going fracturing of the lavadome and associated landslides exposing hot lava to the surface. The anomalous glow on the left flank was not visible in any images from last night. The movie below was processed to remove noise and enhance the brightness of the images.
Flash movie - showing the enhanced images of the glow(s) superimposed on a background image of the mountain for reference (size 192 kB)

http://www.luscombe-carter.com/mount_st ... k_ext.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:43 pm 
Posting Freak

Your point is taken as well Starduster and not from fear, just survival mentality, or defensiveness either. May you one day see, if you so choose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:03 pm 
Posting Freak

An interesting perspective from the "Changing Times thread", posted by Kimberlee:

"I began to remove myself from the media a few years ago. What I need to know gets to me anyway and I have less bombardments distracting my focus.

As we begin to filter out the distractions that come from outside of us, our keen sense of intuition and discernment grows in strength and we are better equipped to stay in-tune with our inner voice."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:04 pm 
Posting Freak

yes, I gave up TV almost three years ago...I am subjected to it at "work" now...and thoroughly disgusted by it...

In the Interviews, James suggest that we disconnect from all "media"... but sigh, that would mean the forum to...lol

so much of what is transmitted through "electricity" and frequency mediums, have 'subliminal messaging"... a well proven fact, as of late, which are designed to "lull us into a carnal state of 'security'... sometime we need a cold shower in "reality" to awaken us from the trance...and to see what is going on all around us...in our complacency.

[Edited on 1-6-2005 by starduster]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:33 pm 

See comments afterward . . .

[quote][b]America's Religious Right - Saints or Subversives?[/b]
By Steve Weissman
t r u t h o u t | Investigation

Part V: "The Ayatollah of Holy Rollers"

[url]http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/053105A.shtml[/url]

Tuesday 31 May 2005

Death by stoning for atheists, adulterers, and practicing male homosexuals.

Stoning - or possibly burning at the stake - for atheists, heretics, religious apostates, followers of other religions who proselytize, unmarried females who are unchaste, incorrigible juvenile delinquents, and children who curse or strike their parents.

And, oh yes, death to witches, Satanists, and those who commit blasphemy.

Does this sound like a radical Islamist nightmare, a replay of Afghanistan under the Taliban?

Welcome to the United States of America as Christian Reconstructionists hope to run it. Not as a democracy, which they see as secular heresy. But as a reconstructed Christian nation, complete with biblically sanctioned flogging and slavery.

The Bible rules, OK? And, in its name, a small elect of true believers are now seeking capital-D Dominion over every aspects of our government, laws, education, and personal lives.

An Unlikely Prophet

Reconstructionists have become the extremists to watch, and the key to understanding the current political zing of everyone on the religious right from Sunday-go-to-church Southern Baptists to neo-Nazis in Christian identity militias.

Rev. Rousas J. Rushdoony, founder of the Christian Reconstuctions, who would replace the US Constitution with "Biblical Law."
(Photo: NNDB.com)

The movement and its "Dominion Theology" are relatively new, dating from the publication in 1973 of The Institutes of Biblical Law by the late Rousas John Rushdoony. A man of widely acclaimed brilliance and near-encyclopedic knowledge, Rushdoony claimed to descend from a long line of aristocratic Armenian clerics reaching back to the year 315. He himself was an ordained minister in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, not be confused with the generally liberal Presbyterian Church (USA).

Rev. Rushdoony was no liberal. Though gentle in his personal demeanor, he and his Chalcedon Foundation preached nothing less than a holy war "to demolish every kind of theory, humanistic, evolutionary, idolatrous, or otherwise, and every kind of rampart or opposition to the dominion of God in Christ."

As early as 1963, Rushdoony wrote a "Christian revisionist" historical account called The Nature of the American System, in which he rejected the separation of church and state. The authors of the Constitution, he wrote, intended "to perpetuate a Christian order."

He similarly opposed the secular bent of American public schools, becoming an early proponent of Christian home-schooling, which he defended as a First Amendment right of their parents.

Dr. Gary North, Rushdoony's son-in-law and a major figure among Christian Reconstructionists.
(Photo: NNDB.com)

"We must use the doctrine of religious liberty ... until we train up a generation of people who know that there is no religious neutrality, no neutral law, no neutral education, and no neutral civil government," explained his son-in-law Gary North. "Then they will get busy constructing a Bible-based social, political and religious order which finally denies the religious liberty of the enemies of God."

Rushdoony opposed labor unions, women's equality, and civil rights laws. He favored racial segregation and slavery, which he felt had benefited black people because it introduced them to Christianity. He largely denied the Holocaust. And he made it kosher for Christian leaders like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell openly to despise democracy.

"Supernatural Christianity and democracy are inevitably enemies," wrote Rushdoony, "Democracy is the great love of the failures and cowards of life."

In the highly divided world of Christian denominations, Rushdoony was - in journalist Marghe Covino's exquisite phrase - the most unlikely "Ayatollah of Holy Rollers." Few members of the Assembly of God or other evangelical, Pentecostal, or charismatic churches even know his name, and they are only now becoming comfortable with some of his ideas.

Evangelicals, who provide most of the foot soldiers for the religious right, have long stressed a personal relationship with God and the importance of having a born-again religious experience. Rushdoony, as an Orthodox Presbyterian, focused less on how they felt their inner faith than on how they lived their lives and obeyed "God's law."

Evangelicals immerse themselves in the New Testament and some of their mega-churches at times seem almost New Age. Rushdoony was an Old Testament patriarch, following in the more austere tradition of Puritan rule in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, John Calvin's theocratic governance of early 16th Century Geneva, and the Mosaic law of the ancient Israelites.

Evangelicals - or at least most of them at present - believe that Christ will return to establish a Millennium of biblical rule, and many take as gospel the End Time stories of the Rapture that the Rev. Tim LaHaye has popularized in his "Left Behind" novels. Rushdoony saw LaHaye's dispensational prophecies as "cheap grace" and "escapist theology," preaching instead that Christ would return only after virtuous Christians created "a world order under God's law."

Nor are Evangelical leaders rushing to proclaim their adherence to the terrifying Christian theocracy that Rushdoony's Reconstructionists now seek. Few Americans want to live like Puritans or die at the stake for committing a sin. "Dominion Theology" is not an easy revolution to sell, at least not yet.

In the November 1998 issue of Reason, Walter Olson told of two of televangelist Jerry Falwell's associates who wrote an article in which they criticized the Reconstructionists for advocating ideas that even they, as biblical fundamentalists, found "scary." As an example, the authors mentioned "mandating the death penalty for homosexuals and drunkards."

Rushdoony dashed off a letter to the editor complaining. Reconstructionists, he wrote, had no intention of putting drunkards to death.

With denials like this, the Reconstuctions "allow everyone else to feel moderate," Olson concluded. "Almost any anti-abortion stance seems nuanced when compared with Gary North's advocacy of public execution not just for women who undergo abortions but for those who advised them to do so. And with the Rushdoony faction proposing the actual judicial murder of gays, fewer blink at the position of a Gary Bauer or a Janet Folger, who support laws exposing them to mere imprisonment."

But the gap between the Biblical "moderates" and Reconstructions is getting shorter every day. As an Evangelical Southern Baptist, Falwell still distances himself from Rushdoony over questions of theology. But, he increasingly talks of Christians exercising dominion over America's secular institutions.

So does the charismatic Pat Robertson. ""There is no way that government can operate successfully unless led by godly men and women operating under the laws of the God of Jacob," he wrote in The New World Order.

So do evangelical preachers like James Dobson, Don Wildmon, D. James Kennedy, and Tim LaHaye. Whatever they might believe about the End Times, and no matter how often they deny that they've become Reconstructionists, today's evangelical leaders no longer leave the future to the power of prayer while waiting passively for Christ to return.

"Christian Reconstructionism is a stealth theology, spreading its influence throughout the Religious Right," explains journalist Frederick Clarkson, who closely follows the field. As he sees it, the Reconstructionists gave evangelicals a new set of ideological tools. These included Rushdoony's apocalyptic vision of rule by biblical law, his analysis of America as a Christian nation, the prospect of complete control, intellectual self-confidence, and a positive program for political involvement.

All of these the evangelicals had historically lacked, while the Reconstructionists wanted the one thing the evangelicals had - a huge army of followers they could mobilize with their churches, Bible colleges, publishing houses, and broadcasting stations.

"As recently as the early 1990s, most evangelicals viewed Reconstructionists as a band of theological misfits without a following," says Clarkson. "All that has changed, along with the numbers and character of the Christian Right. The world of evangelicalism and, arguably, American politics generally will not be the same."

If Clarkson is right, and the evidence suggests that he is, Rushdoony has inspired a major revolution in American religious thought, one that now threatens to provoke a political revolution as well. But before taking to the barricades with Bible in hand, his troops would do well to realize that Rushdoony has smuggled into their kit some very un-Christlike politics.

Witch Hunting

No surprise to those who track the religious right, Rushdoony enjoyed a long friendship with Robert Welch, the founder of the John Birch Society and the man who accused President Dwight Eisenhower of being a knowing Communist agent. Rushdoony took great interest in how the Birchers worked and even mentioned them admiringly in his epic Institutes of Biblical Law. "The key to the John Birch Society's effectiveness has been a plan of operation which has a strong resemblance to the early church," he wrote. Rushdoony denied ever becoming a Bircher himself, but not because of any political disagreement. As he told Marghe Covino of the Sacramento News & Review, "Welch always saw things in terms of conspiracy and I always see things in terms of sin." A witty bon mot, Rushdoony's response overstated the divergence. He, too, found conspiracies everywhere. But where his friend Welch saw Reds, Rushdoony saw Satan and his modern-day hellhounds, the followers not only of Karl Marx, but also of Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, John Dewey, and - of course - the Unitarians.

"All sides of the humanistic spectrum are now, in principle, demonic; communists and conservatives, anarchists and socialists, fascists and republicans," he explained.

Pushing his rightwing politics, Rushdoony was one of the first members of the secretive Council for National Policy, which the Rev. Tim LaHaye and others started to bring right-wing Christians, other conservative activists, and John Birchers together with wealthy patrons willing to fund them. He also served on the board of Dr. Jay Grimstead's Coalition on Revival (COR), an umbrella group that attempted to bridge the theological differences of competing sects within an increasing emphasis on dominating secular institutions.

Characteristically, Rushdoony soon found fault with both the Council and Coalition, as he did with most religious and political organizations. But both succeeded in selling his far right politics and theocratic religious ideas to millions of unsuspecting evangelicals, who had once led America's fight to keep church and state forever separate.

They should have known better, and so should we all. "The purpose of regeneration is that man reconstruct all things in conformity to God's order, not in terms of man's desire for peace," Rushdoony warned in his Institutes of Biblical Law. "This purpose and mission involves law and coercion." [/quote]

How does the truism go?
[quote]Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.[/quote]

It was a sad bit of timing in history that the Americas began to be populated during the buildup of Puritanism in England, just as it was also sad that Latin America was conquered by Spain at the time the overly religious Philip was king there.

The emigration of Puritans from England to New England brought with it all the wacko church-think that hasn't evolved day one since. The lack of education by the church-goers then is remarkably mirrored by todays Red States sheeple.

These over-religious, easily swayed dumb s_ _ _ s have never really left the American scene. For decades in the mid-to-late1900s, though, they merely hunkered down and kept to themselves, leaving the rest of us to think that civilization actually stood a chance of actually getting somewhere, what with rational thinking getting a chance to hold sway for a while.

Like many of you, I have come to the conclusion that where religion goes, brains die, thought dissembles, minds go into exile and growth ceases. Dark ages and Inquisitions follow. Remember that religion is all about controlling people. That control - when it comes - will come in the form of teaching people things that simply aren't true in order to sheepify them. For those who cannot be controlled thus, action control, by use of force, becomes the rule.

Civilization then becomes a battleground between rational people and the religious irrationals. The irrationals - being more monolithic (as were the Puritan/anti-Royalists in England 350 years ago) have the advantage early on, but they self-implode eventually and in the end rationalism wins out - but it is decades in the doing.

The winning factor for rationalism is nothing that the rational people DO - it is instead in what the irrationals do. They are so strident and so loathesome in their in-your-face religiosity that people eventually get so repulsed that they decide that ANYTHING is better than these psychos.

In the meantime, lives are ruined, as are communities. And the world is wiser - but only for about 10 generations, and then we must go through it all again.

Three things we have going for us:

1. The Puritans of the 21st century will be unable to agree with each other for long. They are essentially a fragmented monolith - apparently united, but at their root they all disagree with each other's Bible interpretations as they disagree with secular people. In time their divisions will split divide them and then they can be conquered again.

2. They will drive prosperity down, down, down - and in time, people will just get TIRED of being like Shakers and Amish and Baptists.

3. The pendulum will simply swing in the other direction. It may not in my lifetime, but it will.

In the meantime, emigration is always an option. The attractiveness of it after the election in November is not a one time beacon.

Where can we all go to be free again?

Where will the new Statue of Liberty be?

My bets are on Eastern Europe, Latin America, China and India. (I have my reasons. . . )

India and China are SOOOO going to leave us in their dust . . . .

Well, we can tell our Grandkids that we knew the U.S. when it was a free country in fact, not just in fairy tales.

. . . . TD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:48 pm 

I tend to think that all these are part of a larger plan which goes like:

1) We cultivate religion & nationalism
2) We put the religionists and nationalists to take things over.
3) We make people fight a destructive war over religion & nationalism (problem)
4) We then laugh our ass off as our plan was fullfilled and say to them "See what religion and nationalism did? So for this not to happen, it only makes sense that we have to eliminate all religion and notions of nationalism. Let's introduce a one world government with a one world religion - or non religion". (solution)
5) People accept it.
6) Planners laugh even more.

The way I see it the implementation so far is lacking in some points.

People in many areas of the world rate their own well being more than nationalism and are willing to sacrifice their excessive patriotism for this. Thus one recently introduced controlling element (nationalism due to western unfairness) collides with an older and more ingrained controlling element (job slavery through wellbeing offers).

So since europeans, muslims, chinese and russians haven't exactly opposed Americans through their exceedingly aggressive and blasphemous movements in the world chessboard, no one is really interested in doing so. The older program has numbed people to the new plan. Thus Americans have to also play the role of the enemy (USS Liberty by Israeli ammunition, 911 self-inflicted with no terrorists boarding planes and other alive in S.Arabia, Bin Laden fake videos, Zarqaui the one-legged who can always run away, Anthrax, invisible WMDs, "suicide attacks", "abductions" etc etc) to escalate the conflict and then really attract aroused national movements. But this too is failing. So I expect provocation to reach new levels, soon.

Regarding religion, it seems that some populations that are intended to become more religious are failing to become so and others are, while they were intended to be less so. It seems these fluctuations were glitches of the "plan".

If this sounds exceedingly conspiratory, well...:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:26 pm 
Posting Freak

TD...my my... I must whole heartedly agree...our only hope is that they will all be "raptured" away...soon...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:01 am 
Posting Freak

June 2, 2005

World Leaders Prepare For Chaos As Scientists Confirm Massive Ocean Changes, Massive Droughts Begin Overtaking Entire Globe

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Russian Subscribers

Reports have reached us today that Western scientists have now confirmed the findings of their Russian scientific counterparts that massive global changes are now occurring to the worlds ocean systems, and as we can read as reported by the New Zealand Press News Service in their article titled "Slowing currents could cause catastrophe" and which says;

"Powerful ocean currents are grinding slowly to a halt, raising the possibility of a catastrophic climate "flip" that could chill Europe and warm New Zealand, startling new evidence suggests. Scientists have detected evidence of a slowdown in ocean currents that control climate across the globe, supporting earlier research on the threats of global warming. Without these currents, parts of the globe are expected to alter dramatically. The climate in Europe would cool significantly, while New Zealand would be warmer and more susceptible to exotic diseases, scientists suggest."

Not known to many Westerners is that both the World Bank and the United States Government had previously warned them of these now occurring events, and as we can read as reported by the Greenpeace Environmental News Service in their article titled "World Bank, Pentagon: global warming red alert" and which says;

"A world thrown into turmoil by drought, floods, typhoons. Whole countries rendered uninhabitable. The political capital of the Netherlands submerged. The borders of the US and Australia patrolled by armies firing into waves of starving boat people desperate to find a new home. Fishing boats armed with cannon to drive off competitors. Demands for access to water and farmland backed up with nuclear weapons. Sound like the ravings of doom-saying environmental extremists? It´s actually from a report commissioned by the Pentagon on how to ready America for the coming climate Armageddon.

Fifteen years ago, some of us were warning of the impacts of fossil fuels on the climate. The science was less conclusive than today, but we, along with most climatologists, believed that the consequences were of such magnitude that immediate action was prudent. Today, environmentalists aren´t the only ones saying that. The World Bank and the Pentagon have both commissioned studies which finally admit that our world is in serious peril, and the biggest threat to our future is not terrorism, but our own dependence on fossil fuels. In other words, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Of the greatest immediate concern has been the violent changes in weather patterns occurring over the Northern Hemisphere since December, 2004 that have seen an almost total disruption to this springs growing seasons for crops, and as can be seen reported by the United States Department of Agriculture on their weekly Drought Report Map that fully 80% of their prime growing areas are now experiencing drought.

One of the worlds other prime agricultural areas in the southern parts of Brazil have also been affected by these massively changing weather patterns, and as we can read as reported by United Press International News Service in their article titled "Torrential rains hit Brazil’s economic capital" and which says, "Torrential rains in Brazil`s economic capital flooded streets and neighborhoods and brought parts of the city to a standstill. At least five people were killed by flash floods and mudslides in many of Sao Paulo`s "favelas" or slums. Both the city and much of southern Brazil were pounded by several days of rain. Nearly half a foot of rain was recorded in Sao Paulo Wednesday, Estado de Sao Paulo newspaper reported."

So severe is the drought in one of the worlds other large agricultural countries that the Australian Government is now reporting that their drought is beginning to affect their entire national economy, and as we can read as reported by the Australian Advertiser News Service in their article titled "Drought slows down economy" and which says;

"AUSTRALIA´S economy is on the move again but is hamstrung by the drought and not growing fast enough to warrant another interest rate rise. Deputy Prime Minister John Anderson warned that if the current drought ravaging the central and eastern states does not break soon, a full 1 per cent could be wiped off economic growth. Mr. Costello said the precise impact was hard to predict. "Tell me when the rains come and I´ll give you a precise outcome as to the effect it will have," he said."

Perhaps no area of the world will be more immediately affected by these massively changing weather systems than India, where two thirds of a billion of these peoples depend upon the annual monsoon rains for their crops, and which has failed to arrive so far this year. Reports from this region are speculating that though late the monsoons might arrive in time, and as we can read as reported by the Reuters News Service in their article titled “Monsoon advances, may hit before June 7” and which says;

"The southwest monsoon has set in over the southern part of Sri Lanka after a delay of about five days and may hit the Indian coast even earlier than the revised arrival date of June 7, weather officials said on Wednesday. The annual monsoon, an important driver of Indian economy, generally arrives over Kerala on June 1 but the India Meteorological Department said last month it might be delayed by a week. The monsoon, which runs from June to September, is closely watched in India as two-thirds of the billion-plus population earns a living from agriculture, which generates about a quarter of the country’s gross domestic product."

Reports from the Ukraine, one of the worlds largest producers of grain crops, is also reporting losses due to these massively changing global weather patterns, and as we can read as reported by the Ukraine Internet News Service in their article titled "Ukraine loses grain yields to dry weather" and which says, "Forecast grain yields in Ukraine are dropping considerably because of unfavorable weather conditions, Tetyana Adamenko, agriculture specialist from Ukrainian weather centre said to APK-Inform on Monday. She said more than 30 percent of Ukrainian territory was now affected by soil drought. These are major grain producing regions, such as Lugansk, Zaporozhye, Nikolaev, Kherson, a part of Donetsk Oblasts, steppe area of the Crimea and some localities in central oblasts."

To these many reports of drought conditions hitting the worlds main agricultural growing regions the worlds top scientists have also sounded their warnings, and as we can read as reported by the British Independent News Service in their article titled "Climate change poses threat to food supply, scientists say" and which says, "Worldwide production of essential crops such as wheat, rice, maize and soya beans is likely to be hit much harder by global warming than previously predicted, an international conference in London has heard."

To the Western peoples in either knowing or in their preparing for these currently occurring massive weather global weather changes we still see no evidence of them doing anything to protect themselves, and as we had previously stated in our report titled "Western Scientists Admit Massive Blasts to Earths Atmosphere as Global Weather Systems Begin Massive Shift" wherein we had said;

“To our hoping is always that these Western peoples will begin their preparations for the massive weather changes, to especially diverting their spending towards food. Either to the growing of their own food, or to their storing of food, who would not begin preparing for these things like these Western peoples? Only to these Western peoples can this be found, this type of thinking, that all will be tomorrow as it is today. It is as if they are not even aware of what is happening in, and to, the very world they live in.”

Today our hopes remain the same that these Western peoples will begin the immediate preparations necessary for the protection of themselves and their families in the face of the global famine soon to occur.

© June 2, 2005, EU and US all rights reserved.
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index751.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:07 am 
Posting Freak

with just a little research we find this:

Australia´s Drought Worsens as Autumn Rains Fail, Bureau Says

June 2 (Bloomberg) -- Rains failed across most of southeastern Australia in the autumn, worsening a drought covering almost half the farmland in the world´s second-largest wheat-exporting nation, the government´s weather forecaster said.

The March-to-May season was the driest since rainfall records were first kept in 1900 in the states of Victoria and South Australia, the Australian Bureau of Meteorology said in a statement on its Web site today. New South Wales state recorded its second-lowest autumn rainfall, while the island state of Tasmania had its fourth-driest season on record.

``There has been no prolonged period of widespread above- average falls´´ to ease the country´s worst drought in 100 years, which began in 2002, the bureau said. ``Furthermore, the effects of rainfall deficits have been exacerbated by some of the highest temperatures on record.´´

Farmers in Australia, also the world´s second-biggest beef and canola exporter, count on rain between April and May to moisten soils ahead of crop planting and to boost pasture supply. With drought gripping 45 percent of agricultural land, crop prospects are deteriorating and may cut profit at companies including GrainCorp Ltd., Australia´s biggest grain handler.

Treasurer Peter Costello said yesterday farm industries are suffering, hampering the country´s economic growth.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?
pid=10000081&sid=apOzXMTCnnic&refer=australia

--------------------------------------

Wed. June 01, 2005

"The first snowfall on this part of the world has claimed one life and caused extensive damage to properties. Puntland, northeastern part of Somalia has never recorded snowfall before last night when snow storms with high winds destroyed homes in Rako town.

The storm left a blanket of snow on the ground, something residents had never seen in their lives before. Aside from this unexplained snowfall on this tropical land, Somalia has experienced very strange weather in the past few months.

Floods killed people and forced rivers to overflow banks in almost all parts of the country. Many cities from Hargeisa in the north to Baladweyn in central were affected badly by heavy rains and floods. Many people were killed and thousands of livestock washed away by this strange weather. The country is still struggling to recover from last month’s killer weather.

With no effective central government, Somalia doesn’t have weather prediction or climate monitoring systems in place. Somalis think this unusual weather and last night’s previously unheard of snowfall are part of the global warming phenomena."

http://somalinet.com/news/world/Somalia/506

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:00 am 
Posting Freak

Worldwide Tribunal to Meet in Istanbul

http://www.arcticbeacon.citymaker.com/a … /26342.htm

Worldwide Tribunal To Meet In Istanbul Over U.S. War Crimes In Iraq

As President Bush "jet-sets" around the world, there is one overseas meeting in June he will avoid like the plague.

Bush and England’s Prime Minister Tony Blair this week received personal invitations to attend a session of the World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI) in Istanbul from June 23-27.

A White House spokesman said he was unaware of the meeting or any such group.

The WTI, made up of thousands of people worldwide including many pre-imminent foreign leaders and dignitaries, seeks to reclaim justice regarding the Iraqi invasion since Bush and Blair have failed to recognize international law as well as the International Criminal Court.

The group was formed two years ago with the intent to document the war crimes orchestrated by Bush and Blair with the intent to eventually bring both heads of state to justice despite what group leaders say is "an arrogant flaunting of world opinion and established law."

WTI media spokesman Hilal Kuey said many countries around the world are not as kind towards the two leaders as America and England, viewing the Iraqi invasion as an overt act of aggression.

"Since the U.S. administration does not recognize the International Criminal Court and the U.K. government has used its power to avoid being prosecuted for an illegal and illegitimate war, the citizens of the world have undertaken an initiative to reclaim justice," said Kuey from her office in Turkey. "The world is calling for Bush and Blair to be held accountable for the crimes committed in Iraq."

The Istanbul conference is a culmination of two years of investigating and documenting the occupation and destruction of Iraq, as numerous sessions have been held in many foreign capitals around the world.

The Istanbul conference marks the third anniversary of the Iraqi invasion and seeks to hold Bush and Blair accountable for severe violations of international law.

The formal letter sent to Bush is highly critical of the Iraqi invasion and asks him to defend his position to the world, something WTI leaders say Bush has avoided for three years.

"We, on behalf of the peoples of the world who believe in justice, start from the conviction that you have been acting in violation of common values of humanity, international treaties and international law," stated the letter sent to the White House and numerous American and British Embassies around the world, asking both Bush and Blair to defend their positions.

Since the organization claims Bush has ignored worldwide pleas to respect international law, the WTI has spread to almost every capital in the world in an attempt to fight what it calls "a war of aggression launched despite the opposition of people and governments all over the world."

"There is no court or authority that will judge the acts of the U.S. and its allies. If the official authorities fail, then authority derived from universal morals and human rights principles can speak for the world," said Kuey, the WTI spokesman.

"Our legitimacy derives from the failure of official international institutions to hold accountable those who committed grave international crimes and constitute a continued menace to world peace. We have a duty to take action against wars of aggression, war crimes, crimes against humanity and other breaches of international law.

"The WTI will not end in Istanbul as it is to be considered a continuing process. The investigation of what happened in Iraq is of prime importance to restore truth and preserve collective memory against the constant rewriting of history. We are challenging the silence of international institutions and seeking to put them under pressure to fulfil their obligations under international law."

Besides the Iraqi invasion, the WTI is also investigating the growing clamor of what has been called America’s effort to create a "new world order" to dominate the world under a single leadership.

"The WTI initiative seeks to be part of a broader movement to stop the establishment of the new imperial world order as a permanent ´state of exception´ with constant wars as one of its main tools," added Kuey. "We hope to bring a moral, political and judicial judgment that contributes to build a world of peace and justice."

The WTI has been endorsed and signed by such notable worldwide figures as Richard Falk, professor of International Law at the University of Santa Barbara; Ken Coates, chairman of the Bertrand Russel Peace Foundation; Baskin Oran, former European member of parliament and professor of International Relations at the University of Ankara and Denis J. Halliday, former Asst. UN Secretary General 1994-1998.
Worldwide Tribunal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:04 am 
Posting Freak

http://www.unobserver.com/layout5.php?id=2096&blz=1

Bush and Blair are Called to Justice at Different Embassies Around The World

2005-05-17 | At various Embassies around the world today, representatives of the World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI) delivered law summons and letters inviting US President Bush and UK Prime Minister Blair to the culminating session of the World Tribunal on Iraq to be held in Istanbul between 23-27 June, 2005. The letter of invitation is signed by leading international figures including Corrine Koumar, Denis Halliday, Prof. Richard Falk, Ken Coates and Hans von Sponeck (1).

In several Capitals around the world including Istanbul, Brussels, Tokyo and Lizbon the Embassies of the United States and the United Kingdom were the targets of the WTI representatives delivering law summons reading “Mr. Bush you are being called to attend the World Tribunal on Iraq in Istanbul”. The activists also presented letters to the Embassy officials (2). In addition, letters were also sent by post in New York, Stockholm, Manila and Amsterdam to the US and UK officials.

In Istanbul, following the giving of the letter to a US Embassy official who came out to meet the group, Ms. Hilal Kuey, the spokesperson for the WTI in Turkey, said “Since the US administration does not recognize the International Criminal Court (ICC) and the UK government has used its power to avoid being prosecuted for an illegal and illegitimate war, the citizens of the world have undertaken an initiative to reclaim justice. The world is calling for Bush and Blair to be held accountable for the crimes committed in Iraq.”

The World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI) is a worldwide undertaking to reclaim justice. It aims to record the severe wrongs, crimes and violations that were committed in the process leading up to the aggression against Iraq, during the war and throughout the ensuing occupation, that continue to be widespread to this day. The project consists of commissions of inquiry and sessions held around the world investigating various issues related to the war on Iraq, such as the legality of the war, the role of the United Nations, war crimes and the role of the media as well as the social, political, environmental and cultural devastation.

On June 23rd to the 27th 2005, at the start of the third year of the occupation of Iraq, the culminating session will take place in Istanbul. This session will reach a decision following an examination of the results of the previous sessions as well as new reports and testimonies, while evaluating the implications of the aggression against Iraq for the world at large.

“We ask Mr. Bush and Blair to present their case in front of the jury of concience in Istanbul. We believe that the Istanbul hearing bears the responsibility of culminating a process already initiated, and of initiating a process yet to be imagined.” concluded Mrs. Kuey.

For more information please contact,
Tolga Temuge, international media coordinator, tolga.temuge@worldtribunal.org

Notes:

1-The letter is signed by the following people;
Richard Falk - Prof. of International Law, University of Santa Barbara,
Ken Coates - Chairman, Bertrand Russel Peace Foundation, former European Parliament Member
Baskin Oran - Prof. of International Relations, Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Ankara
Nadje Al-Ali - Dr. of Social Anthropology, University of Exeter
Joel Kovel - Prof. of Social Studies, Bard College
Denis J. Halliday - Former Assistant UN Secretary General 1994-1998, UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq 1997-1998
Jayan Nayar - Dr. of Law, University of Warwick
Hans von Sponeck - Former UN Assistant Secretary-General and UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq (1998-2000)
Haifa Zangana - writer, painter and human rights activist.
Johan Galtung - Prof. at Peace Research Institute, University of Hawaii.UN Advisor.
Corrine Koumar – Sociolog, Secretary of General El-Taller international

Click here to download the letter.
http://www.worldtribunal.org/main/docs/letter.doc

For more information please contact:
WORLD TRIBUNAL ON IRAQ http://www.worldtribunal.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:05 am 
Posting Freak

To Senate Committee
BBC News
5-19-5

Here are some of the quotes from British MP George Galloway as he confronted his accusers on a US Senate sub-committee.

"Who paid me hundreds of thousands of dollars? The answer to that is nobody and if you had anybody who paid me a penny you would have produced them here today."

"I have met Saddam Hussein exactly the same number of times as Donald Rumsfeld met him. The difference is that Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and to give him maps the better to target those guns."

"You traduced my name around the world without ever having asked me a single question, without ever having contacted me, without ever having written to me or telephoned me, without any contact with me whatsoever and you call that justice."

"Senator [Norm Coleman, committee chairman], this is the mother of all smoke screens. You are trying to divert attention from the crimes that you supported from the theft of billions of dollars of Iraq´s wealth."

"You have nothing on me Senator [Coleman], except my name on lists of names in Iraq, many of which were drawn up after the installation of your puppet government in Iraq."

"I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anybody on my behalf."

"I know that standards have slipped over the last few years in Washington but for a lawyer you are remarkably cavalier with any idea of justice."

"One of the most serious mistakes you have made in this set of documents is such a schoolboy howler it makes a fool of the efforts you have made."

"Senator [Coleman], in everything I said about Iraq I turned out to be right and you turned out to be wrong and 100,000 have paid with their lives, 1,600 of them American soldiers sent to their deaths on a pack of lies."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4557279.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:26 pm 
Posting Freak

June 8, 2005

Bio-Warfare Attacks Conducted In US by Israeli Mossad Agents as Warning of Their Ability to Cause Massive Panic of Civilian Population Uncovered By US Naval Intelligence Unit

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Russian Subscribers

A strange report has begun circulating among Russian Intelligence Analysts today that detail an intensified search being conducted by United States Military Intelligence Agencies for what they are describing as a ‘rouge band’ of former Israeli Mossad Agents conducting Bio-Warfare attacks upon unsuspecting American civilians, including children.

Though not confirmed, as there has been no contact between these Mossad Agents and US Military Authorities, the speculation among United States Intelligence Analysts are that the actions being undertaking are meant to serve as a warning that unless the United States ceases their planning for the takeover of Israel’s Nuclear weapons more serious attacks will be undertaken against the American civilian population.

The specific chemical agent being used in these attacks is being described as a specialized Sodium Cyanide (NaCN) compound that though not fatal can make people ill before completely dispersing leaving no trace of its existence without the use of highly specialized detection equipment. These attacks upon the American civilian population have been centered upon large shopping areas and schools, and as we can read from these various reports:

The first documented attack occurred in the United States Massachusetts Region on May 20th, and as we can read as reported by the Tewksbury Newspaper in their article titled "Mysterious odor closes school; authorities unsure of cause" and which says;

"School was again cancelled at the Shawsheen Elementary Monday after environmental specialists could not discover the cause of a gaseous odor that sent eight students and five staff members to the hospital on Friday, May 20. Questions concerning a dishwasher giving off gas fumes were squashed by the Public Building Inspector George Hooper. While it was located in the part of the building where the odor was first detected, Hooper said that subsequent tests indicated the equipment in the kitchen was running in good order. "We have checked everything in the kitchen and although the equipment is old, it is functioning properly," said Hooper. "We have stopped using the dishwasher and students will be eating off paper trays from now on."

The next documented attack occurred in the United States Hawaii Region on May 25th, and as we can read as reported by KHNL Television News Service in their article titled "Mysterious Substance Clears Out Kunia Walmart" and which says;

"There were tense moments for shoppers and employees at the Walmart in Kunia as they were forced to evacuate from the store Wednesday afternoon. And it was all because of a mysterious substance that employees claimed to first notice in the pharmacy area at about 1:30. But the bad odor quickly spread to other parts of the store, according to fire officials.

In addition to the evacuation, a dozen people suffered from burning eyes irritate throats and a burning in their chests. Medics transported four of those people to Saint Francis West for treatment. While shoppers and employees were evacuated, a hazardous material crew went in to try to find out the source of the mystery odor. After scouring the store with hand held detectors that can pick up things like mustard gas and pepper spray and other irritants, the Hazmat crews came up empty."

The next documented attack occurred in the United States New York Region on May 27th, and as we can read as reported by WABC Television News Service in their article titled "Mystery Fumes Overwhelm School Children In Queens" and which says;

"Investigators are trying to find the source of mysterious fumes that overpowered several children in Queens. The children were in school at the time. Those kids should be fine but it was a tough day at school because of this strange odor. This is a real mystery and on the record right now authorities are still telling us they're having a hard time pinpointing the exact source of this odor."

The next documented attack occurred in the United States North Carolina Region on June 1st, and as we can read as reported by the WXII Television News Service in their article titled "Mystery Remains In Asheboro Mall Evacuation" and which says;

"Authorities in Asheboro are still wondering what sickened five people at a local mall, forcing the building to be evacuated for about an hour Wednesday. Shoppers complained of a weird smell in the Randolph Mall's central court around lunchtime. But police say people in other areas of the mall noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Several people were checked at the scene, and five more -- including two pregnant women -- went to a local hospital complaining of discomfort in their throats and shortness of breath. All the patients were released after a little while. Fire Department Capt. Keith Seabolt said everything in the area seemed fine to him, and air quality sensors turned up nothing. He said the case is kind of a mystery."

The next documented attack occurred in the United States Maine Region on June 7th, and as we can read as reported by the WCSH Television News Service in their article titled "Store Evacuated Due To Strange Odor" and which says;

"The Wal-mart in Biddeford was evacuated late Monday afternoon when a strange odor was detected in the building. Fire officials say between 150 and 200 people were in the store at the time. They all got out safely, but at least two people had to be treated for breathing difficulties. The ventilation system was checked and several tests were done but fire officials say nothing dangerous was found in the air."

Russian Security Analysts are also agreeing with their American counterparts that these alternating attacks between schools and large shopping areas are designed to psychologically reinforce the attackers abilities to not only attack the most vulnerable, children, but also the most seemingly secure, their largest corporations.

But perhaps the most startling revelation in the American reports of these attacks is that the chemical agent being used was stolen from a United States Navel Hospital in their South Carolina Region and to which US Military Authorities were alerted to when one of the stolen vials was broken in an apparent accident by the Mossad Agents in the hotel where they had been staying, and as we can read as reported by the Beaufort Gazette Newspaper in their article titled "Fire department responds to strong odor at Beaufort Lodge" and which says;

"A strange smell coming from a room at the Beaufort Lodge on Ribaut Road on Friday afternoon led to a hazardous materials investigation of the scene. Beaufort Fire and Rescue wasn't able to determine the exact cause of the "overpowering" smell, Beaufort Fire Marshal Dan Byrne said in a statement released by the department. When crews arrived at the scene, the door to the motel room was open, and, upon measuring air levels in the room, authorities determined that atmospheric measurements of the room were normal, officials said. Motel manager Leilani Harper said when she entered the room to collect dirty towels earlier that morning, the smell was very strong, and she had to immediately leave."It made me sick going in. It made me sick coming through the walls, actually," she said. "I could smell it last night, but I just thought it was some cleaning fluid."

Unknown too many Americans is that their US Navy Intelligence Organization has long harbored great anger and animosity towards Israel over the attack of one of their vessels, The USS Liberty, by Israel in 1967 and the targeting of their Pentagon Computer Control Center during the attacks of September 11th.

Such was the United States Navy’s anger over the Liberty Attack that this oldest of America’s Intelligence Services coordinated the downfall of their own President Nixon for his refusal to retaliate against Israel. Utilizing one of their most promising young Naval Officers named Bob Woodward to head the covert operation against President Nixon they then engineered the election of their own President in Jimmy Carter.

Today finds the United States Military Government being led by a President who like Naval Officer Woodward are graduates of the famous Yale University and fellow members of the Secret Society Organizations of the American Elite, and as documented by the CTKA Organization, and as we can read;

"The staunchly conservative Bob Woodward grew up in Wheaton, Illinois. A good student at Yale, he was ultimately one of fifteen seniors "tapped" for one of that university's secret societies, Book and Snake, a cut below the more infamous Skull and Bones, but the top of the second-tier fraternities. Woodward had his first journalistic experience working for the Banner, a Yale publication. Three days after graduating from Yale, Woodward was sent by the U.S. Navy to Norfolk, Virginia, where he was commissioned as an ensign by none other than U.S. Senator George Smathers from Florida. Bob's assignment was to a very special ship, called a "floating Pentagon," the U.S.S. Wright. The ship was a National Emergency Command Ship-a place where a President and cabinet could preside from in the event of a nuclear war. It had elaborate and sophisticated communications and data processing capabilities."

From all of these reports Russian Intelligence Analysts are concluding that the Intelligence Organizations in the United States are once again being headed by the United States Navy, and who is an enemy against Israel. The actions of these renegade Mossad Agents targeting American civilians shows clearly that Israel knows this too.

© June 8, 2005, EU and US all rights reserved.

[Ed. Note: The United States government actively seeks to find, and silence, any and all opinions about the United States except those coming from authorized government and/or affiliated sources, of which we are not one. No interviews are granted and very little personal information is given about our contributors to protect their safety.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:28 pm 
Posting Freak

this is a nonsense post...I just wanted to be the 777th view of the 70th post...don't ask;)

now go back and read (above) what that russian psychic scientist pick up out of thin air....:P

[Edited on 9-6-2005 by starduster]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:54 am 
Posting Freak

ah...just look what our "most favored nation" China, is doing with all the money they are making by supplying Wal-mart...

By Bill Gertz
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

A highly classified intelligence report produced for the new director of national intelligence concludes that U.S. spy agencies failed to recognize several key military developments in China in the past decade, The Washington Times has learned.
The report was created by several current and former intelligence officials and concludes that U.S. agencies missed more than a dozen Chinese military developments, according to officials familiar with the report.
The report blames excessive secrecy on China´s part for the failures, but critics say intelligence specialists are to blame for playing down or dismissing evidence of growing Chinese military capabilities.

The report comes as the Bush administration appears to have become more critical of China´s military buildup.
Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said in Singapore over the weekend that China has hidden its defense spending and is expanding its missile forces despite facing no threats. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice also expressed worries this week about China´s expanding military capabilities.
Among the failures highlighted in the study are:
•China´s development of a new long-range cruise missile.
•The deployment of a new warship equipped with a stolen Chinese version of the U.S. Aegis battle management technology.
•Deployment of a new attack submarine known as the Yuan class that was missed by U.S. intelligence until photos of the submarine appeared on the Internet.
•Development of precision-guided munitions, including new air-to-ground missiles and new, more accurate warheads.
•China´s development of surface-to-surface missiles for targeting U.S. aircraft carrier battle groups.
•The importation of advanced weaponry, including Russian submarines, warships and fighter-bombers.
According to officials familiar with the intelligence report, the word "surprise" is used more than a dozen times to describe U.S. failures to anticipate or discover Chinese arms development.
Many of the missed military developments will be contained in the Pentagon´s annual report to Congress on the Chinese military, which was due out March 1 but delayed by interagency disputes over its contents.
Critics of the study say the report unfairly blames intelligence collectors for not gathering solid information on the Chinese military and for failing to plant agents in the communist government.
Instead, these officials said, the report looks like a bid to exonerate analysts within the close-knit fraternity of government China specialists, who for the past 10 years dismissed or played down intelligence showing that Beijing was engaged in a major military buildup.
"This report conceals the efforts of dissenting analysts [in the intelligence community] who argued that China was a threat," one official said, adding that covering up the failure of intelligence analysts on China would prevent a major reorganization of the system.
A former U.S. official said the report should help expose a "self-selected group" of specialists who fooled the U.S. government on China for 10 years.
"This group´s desire to have good relations with China has prevented them from highlighting how little they know and suppressing occasional evidence that China views the United States as its main enemy."
The report has been sent to Thomas Fingar, a longtime intelligence analyst on China who was recently appointed by John D. Negroponte, the new director of national intelligence, as his office´s top intelligence analyst.
Mr. Negroponte has ordered a series of top-to-bottom reviews of U.S. intelligence capabilities in the aftermath of the critical report by the presidential commission headed by Judge Laurence Silberman and former Sen. Charles Robb, Virginia Democrat.
According to the officials, the study was produced by a team of analysts for the intelligence contractor Centra Technologies.
Spokesmen for the CIA and Mr. Negroponte declined to comment.
Its main author is Robert Suettinger, a National Security Council staff member for China during the Clinton administration and the U.S. intelligence community´s top China analyst until 1998. Mr. Suettinger is traveling outside the country and could not be reached for comment, a spokesman said.
John Culver, a longtime CIA analyst on Asia, was the co-author.
Among those who took part in the study were former Defense Intelligence Agency analyst Lonnie Henley, who critics say was among those who in the past had dismissed concerns about China´s military in the past 10 years.
Also participating in the study was John F. Corbett, a former Army intelligence analyst and attache who was a China policy-maker at the Pentagon during the Clinton administration.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050 ... -4092r.htm

(yep, who else would know this stuff, but the REV Moon... ha ha)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:03 pm 
Posting Freak

The High Cost of Marijuana Prohibition

A good case can be made that marijuana prohibition costs too much -- in money, but also in ruined lives and harm done to society.

This week, over 500 leading economists, led by conservative icon Dr. Milton Friedman, called for a national debate about whether prohibition of marijuana is worth the cost. The occasion was a new report by Harvard University economist Dr. Jeffrey Miron estimating - - probably conservatively -- that replacing prohibition with a system of common-sense regulation could mean $10 billion to $14 billion per year in reduced government spending and new revenues.

"We believe such a debate will favor a regime in which marijuana is legal but taxed and regulated like other goods," Friedman and colleagues wrote. "At a minimum, this debate will force advocates of current policy to show that prohibition has benefits sufficient to justify the cost to taxpayers, foregone tax revenues, and numerous ancillary consequences that result from marijuana prohibition."

A good case can be made that prohibition costs too much -- in money, but also in ruined lives and harm done to society. But first, let´s talk about dollars:

Using figures from a variety of federal and state government sources, Miron estimates that replacing prohibition with regulation would save $7.7 billion annually in government spending on enforcement. Taxes on regulated marijuana sales could generate $2.4 billion if marijuana were taxed like ordinary consumer goods. If -- as seems more likely - - marijuana were taxed like alcohol and tobacco, tax receipts would be about $6.2 billion, and conceivably more, depending on the tax rate.

Such estimates, of course, aren´t perfect. Available data is incomplete, so economists must make assumptions that could turn out to be either too high or too low. Miron´s numbers may be conservative: He didn´t attempt to quantify every possible saving, and in one major expense category -- the number of inmates locked in state prisons on marijuana charges -- the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy just released an estimate 60 percent higher than the one Miron used.

These are not trivial sums. In the words of the late Sen. Everett Dirksen, "A billion dollars here, a billion dollars there, and soon you´re talking about real money" -- money that could be used to fix our schools, strengthen Social Security, or protect America against terrorism.

For example, the $30 billion cost of securing thousands of Soviet-era "loose nukes" -- unsecured nuclear weapons that security experts fear might fall into terrorist hands -- could be paid for in less than three years with the savings and revenues generated by marijuana regulation. One year´s savings alone would cover the full cost of port security measures required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002, estimated by the Coast Guard at $7.3 billion to secure 3,150 port facilities and 9,200 vessels.

What are we getting for the billions spent on marijuana prohibition? We certainly haven´t gotten marijuana off the streets. Last year, 85.8 percent of high school seniors told government survey-takers that marijuana was "easy to get" -- a figure that has remained virtually unchanged for three decades. While marijuana arrests nearly tripled from 1991 to 2003 (the latest figures available), the number of teens trying marijuana for the first time went up by over 50 percent.

According to the federal government, nearly 15 million Americans use marijuana at least once a month. That´s equal to every man, woman and child in the states of Oregon, Nebraska, Indiana and Oklahoma combined. It´s nearly as many Americans as will buy a new car or truck this year. It´s a huge market.

Prohibition cannot and will not make that market go away. It has simply given criminals and violent gangs an exclusive franchise, and society pays the price every day: In unregulated drug dealers with no incentive not to sell to kids, in clandestine grows hidden in national parks and surrounded by booby traps, in the bloodshed that inevitably comes with prohibition -- just as it did during America´s ill-fated experiment with alcohol prohibition during the 1920s.

These 500 economists are right: There might be a better way, and it´s time to start talking about it.

http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/22148/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:05 am 
Posting Freak

Weapon of the Week: The Electromagnetic Pulse Bomb

The Village Voice
February 8, 2003

War fever drives the ebullient American media to wax enthusiastically on miraculous inventions that could lay waste to Iraq. And the most miraculous of all is the electromagnetic pulse bomb.

Although not yet glimpsed, the e-bomb is thought to be a cruise missile, or possibly a dropped munition, fitted with a special warhead that not only explodes with a bang but also emits a burst of radio waves aimed at shorting out unshielded electronics. The Directed Energy Directorate is probably the culprit behind its development, although the organization won´t cop to it directly.

Talk of the secret electromagnetic pulse bomb approaches mythology, taking on a uniquely American demented quality. Bubbling over with excitement at something they´ve never seen, Beltway amateur generals muse openly on a wondrous capacity to destroy Iraqi civilization without harming people, or of an ability to neutralize stockpiles of chemical or biological weapons. Just exactly how a missile emitting a burst of radio waves neutralizes caches of mustard gas or dried anthrax spores is left to the imagination of nitpickers. How the bomb will stop soldiers with old-fashioned artillery, automatic weapons, or tanks is also given short shrift.

What is certain is that the Pentagon has been interested in electromagnetic pulses since it noticed at the Johnston Island test range in the late 1960s that high atmospheric nuclear explosions short-circuited electronics far from actual test blasts.

Harnessing the phenomenon without producing a multi-megaton explosion has proven more elusive, but some still think this is a legitimate option. "It is widely known that we Americans contemplated, briefly and in a non-pervasive fashion, a nuclear . . . laydown on Iraq as an exceptionally high-effectiveness commencement to Operation Desert Storm," a mad scientist from a U.S. nuclear weapons lab nattered to Congress in 1999. The menacing comments were part of an unusual hearing convened to persuade American small businesses to harden themselves before nations like Iraq or North Korea attacked us with electromagnetic bombs.

While manic boasts regarding the munition are easy to find, not so easily heard are insider doubts that it functions as advertised. And since the damage of electronic equipment would be difficult to see in the fog of all-out war, its value as a practical weapon remains suspect.

In any case, if the electromagnetic pulse bomb exists and if it works—two big ifs—the Iraqi people probably won´t notice it amid the hundreds of other cruise missiles. But if the electricity should go out in a hospital due to an accidental "hit" from one of them, they could always just complain to George Bush, or to Pentagon war correspondents.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 78  Next