WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
 Post subject: Re: News that doesn't make the mainstream.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:22 pm 
Posting Freak

Good ol Tony. He can be quite entertaining . Some of this stuff sounds like Transhumanism experiments not alien tech. However, the Sovereign Integral is beyond all of this stuff that is why practicing the 6 Heart Virtues and being focused on Heart Intelligence for its guidance is so important if not very very practical. The reason is simple. It's totally beyond anything projected from the HMS and instilled by the Hologram of Deception. We are more than these bodies. And so much depends on what we chose to believe.

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:21 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
Shayalana wrote:
Good ol Tony. He can be quite entertaining . Some of this stuff sounds like Transhumanism experiments not alien tech. However, the Sovereign Integral is beyond all of this stuff that is why practicing the 6 Heart Virtues and being focused on Heart Intelligence for its guidance is so important if not very very practical. The reason is simple. It's totally beyond anything projected from the HMS and instilled by the Hologram of Deception. We are more than these bodies. And so much depends on what we chose to believe.

The Sovereign Integral can not "do it" alone, and why the "transformation process" is used to FUSE all six components of the Sovereign Entity's consciousness together again ... so they can work together as One

The Sovereign Integral supplies the "life force"
The Wholeness Navigator, reveals the "path" to the "god fragment"
The Phantom Core, "remembers" the formula
The Remnant Imprint gives us the courage and authority to do what it takes
The Soul, makes us conscious of the progress and gives us "intutitive intelligence" of the details
The Human Instrument triggers the process

we are not "more than these bodies" - we need every component working together - the Sovereign Integral is just ONE of Six (like the six "tones" of Virture, that lend themselves to become One frequency of Divine Love)
only when they are all operating as ONE (whole) Consciousness can we over-come, the designs of Anu's programs - intended to suppress the Sovereign Integral state of Consciousness ... and conceal our true identity - as Independent fragments of First Source Intelligence....

Last edited by starduster on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:35 pm 
Posting Freak

changing the subject - more and more is being revealed about the intent of the PTB to "suppress" us via vaccines ... this is a snippet from another forum that reveals, just what the agenda is ...

Quote:
Here is exactly how the brain destroying vaccines are made:

Forget Thimerosal, this is how it is done: For every vaccine, you need a medium to grow your pathogens in (pathogens which are neutralized after being grown, but will still trigger an immune response.) In the past, when vaccines were beneficial, the pathogens were grown in animal tissue, such as dog, monkey, cat, etc. If there was an adverse reaction to vaccines grown in animal tissue, the worst that would happen is you would get an allergy for that animal. Vaccines were the reason for pet allergies in the past.

The criminal elite knew all along however, that if there ever was a way to grow pathogens in human tissue, that it would be possible to cause many people to develop an immune reaction against their own bodies, and that as a result they could create any malady they wanted by causing people's immune systems to attack their own bodies. And in the mid 1980´s this became possible. And the autism stats coincide with the introduction of vaccines grown in human tissue PERFECTLY. Now a majority of vaccines are grown in human tissue derived from abortion. And when, as an unavoidable consequence human tissue is attached to whatever pathogen they grow, the immune system identifies the pathogen, and everything that is with it, as the enemy. They claim they get ALL the human tissue out of the vaccines to avoid this problem but this is a lie, because it is proven that vaccines grown in human tissue have 2 micrograms per milliliter of human DNA in them, and that is just DNA, the human proteins and other human materials are present in amounts that are orders of magnitude more. When the immune system sees these materials in the presence of a pathogen, it gets programmed to destroy not only the pathogen, but all materials related to it and then proceeds to attack the body.

This is not opinion, it is the result of research I did years ago in cooperation with a PHD in pharmacology, who warned me this is exactly what the new vaccines are designed to do - re program the immune system's macrophages to destroy whatever in the body the people who control the vaccine manufacturing process want destroyed. In the case of the MMR vaccine, this is obviously the brain. Every child who receives the MMR vaccine gets at least a 10 point IQ reduction for life, and the worst hit develop full blown autism.

And when I explain it this way to medical doctors, I have never had a single one say "no, that cannot be so", they all see it as a self evident truth.

The NYU child study center in New York KNOWS THIS. They know this because it is such basic medical self evident truth that it is flatly impossible for ANYONE involved in the study of autism in even more than a surface way to not know it. And their blocking of the showing of Vaxxed PROVES THEY KNOW IT BEYOND ALL DOUBT.

so, it is interesting to me, to note, that even though I send my daughter, who has children that "require" vaccines -everything I discover - she doesn't read it - but over the years, some of it has sunk in, from our conversations, even though she tries desperately to avoid that subject and she just told me, that she ONLY has allowed the drs to give her children the MMR vaccines ... but none other ... well, according to the information above, that lowered her children's IQ by ten points (and is the worst choice she could have made) ... good thing our family has "smarts to spare" eh? and lowering it, still leaves us higher than "average" - but what a waste ... if she was properly informed, to the point where she actually believed that vaccines did this ... would she do it - just to keep her children from getting Mumps, Measles and Rubella - when we all had these "dis-eases" when we were kids, and for the most part, weren't effect adversely by them (for more than three days)

why risk your child's health, to satisfy some school board ... and damage your child's brain, permanently

just one more example of how we are infringing on our children's Free Will - and paying dr to transhumanize our babies - of our own free will.

here is a link to the ORIGINAL 1979 study that proved that since we have been using aborted fetus to "grow" the vaccines - that introduced "alien" DNA into our bodies, which the auto-immune system attacks - and then goes on to attack ALL DNA (including our own)

http://academicjournals.org/article/article1411048618_Deisher%20et%20al.pdf

up until 1980 most vaccines were "safe" ... but not since then - and NONE of them are "safe" but some are less harmful than others - educate your self - don't ignore the evidence

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:46 pm 

I was born after 1980, and when I was newborn, my parents accepted the doctors suggestion of me being a test subject for a whole series of new vaccines, I think I got more than 10 - maybe 20 different vaccines as an infant. Reading this makes me very sad. It's not like I was allowed to choose... it just was done without my consent. Really really sad, but there is nothing I can do about it...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:25 pm 
Posting Freak

starduster wrote:
Shayalana wrote:

The Sovereign Integral can not "do it" alone, and why the "transformation process" is used to FUSE all six components of the Sovereign Entity's consciousness together again ... so they can work together as One

The Soul, makes us conscious of the progress and gives us "intutitive intelligence" of the details

we are not "more than these bodies" - we need every component working together - the Sovereign Integral is just ONE of Six (like the six "tones" of Virture, that lend themselves to become One frequency of Divine Love)
only when they are all operating as ONE (whole) Consciousness can we over-come, the designs of Anu's programs - intended to suppress the Sovereign Integral state of Consciousness ... and conceal our true identity - as Independent fragments of First Source Intelligence....

I don't think you understand what the Sovereign Integral is. Actually , you don't understand. It has no body and isn't a body and never will be a physical body per say and since we are it, yes, we are more than just physical bodies. Without the Sovereign Integral all of those other components couldn't exist! The Sovereign Integral makes their existence possible! Contemplate that. THE SOVEREIGN INTEGRAL IS THE LIFEFORCE. However, through the physical body we can access the Sovereign Integral, (It's not called a human instrument for nothin), which is our purpose on this planet to the full realization of it coming through our human body (unimpeded which makes me think that these bodies will have to really, really change to accommodate it). What part of that do you not understand? That the Sovereign Integral was introduced later then those 5 components some of which you are not accurate in describing their function in their full context, is just part of the release of the materials leading up to the Sovereign Integral. Your lack of understanding devalues the meaning of the Sovereign Integral relegating it to being a mere component of itself! You disregard if not diss how important its realization is for each individual contributing to the discovery of the Grand Portal for ALL of humanity. You cannot fit a whale into a bottle cap. Comparing apples and oranges is rather pointless too. I find it your consistent omission of the means of accessing the Sovereign Integral rather strange (Practicing the 6 Heart Virtues), but then after this its obvious that its not important to you since you diminish the role of the Sovereign Integral THE LIFEFORCE . James has said that the purpose of all his work and these WMM is for the discovery of the Grand Portal and the living of the Sovereign Integral in consciously aware humanity on this planet free from the oppression and enslavement of the HMS and Hologram of Deception....forever. I guess you missed that one huh?

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:52 pm 
Posting Freak

Shayalana wrote:
starduster wrote:
Shayalana wrote:

I don't think you understand what the Sovereign Integral is. Actually , you don't understand. It has no body and isn't a body and never will be a physical body per say and since we are it, yes, we are more than just physical bodies. Without the Sovereign Integral all of those other components couldn't exist! The Sovereign Integral makes their existence possible! Contemplate that. THE SOVEREIGN INTEGRAL IS THE LIFEFORCE. However, through the physical body we can access the Sovereign Integral, (It's not called a human instrument for nothin), which is our purpose on this planet to the full realization of it coming through our human body (unimpeded which makes me think that these bodies will have to really, really change to accommodate it). What part of that do you not understand? That the Sovereign Integral was introduced later then those 5 components some of which you are not accurate in describing their function in their full context, is just part of the release of the materials leading up to the Sovereign Integral. Your lack of understanding devalues the meaning of the Sovereign Integral relegating it to being a mere component of itself! You disregard if not diss how important its realization is for each individual contributing to the discovery of the Grand Portal for ALL of humanity. You cannot fit a whale into a bottle cap. Comparing apples and oranges is rather pointless too. I find it your consistent omission of the means of accessing the Sovereign Integral rather strange (Practicing the 6 Heart Virtues), but then after this its obvious that its not important to you since you diminish the role of the Sovereign Integral THE LIFEFORCE . James has said that the purpose of all his work and these WMM is for the discovery of the Grand Portal and the living of the Sovereign Integral in consciously aware humanity on this planet free from the oppression and enslavement of the HMS and Hologram of Deception....forever. I guess you missed that one huh?

Read my post again Shay and compare it, if you must, with what is written by James, in the Anatomy of the Individuated Consciousness paper (and others too numerous to list found in my topic called The Sovereign Integral) - found on page 560 of the CWWm's book - James lists the the parts of the Anatomy of Consciousness : Remnant Imprint , Human Instrument, Phantom Core, Human Soul, Sovereign Integral, Wholeness Navigator

James defines the Sovereign Integral as a state of consciousness whereby the Entity, and all of its various forms of expression (listed) are INTEGRATED as a consciousness wholeness ... It is the gathering of all created experiences and all instinctive knowledge

I referred to the SI as a life force ... James say: ..." the Sovereign Integral was placed within it (the HI fitted with HMS) as the life force, that which powered the human instrument. " I didn't diminish it, Anu did that... I was just trying to make you aware of its current state of being ... fragmented

the Project Camelot is titled "The Sovereign Integral" ... because it clearly defines the many "state of being/consciousness" that the Sovereign Integral has the potential to experience - including being fragmented - but the fragmentation was first revealed in the 2nd Philosophy Paper, called "The Shifing Models of Existence"

When the entity initially enters a human instrument at birth, it is immediately fragmented into a physical, emotional, and mental spectrum of perception and expression. From that day forward the entity is carefully conditioned to adapt into, and navigate within, the three-dimensional, five-sensory context of terra-earth. In effect, the entity purposely fragments its consciousness in order to experience separation from wholeness.

In this state of separation, the entity has handicapped itself for the purpose of new experience and a deeper understanding of the Primal Blueprint or grand vision of First Source. Through this deeper understanding, the entity can, through the human instrument, transform the three-dimensional context into a self-aware, integrated component of the Universe of Wholeness. This magnificent and purposeful endeavor produces the urge within the human instrument to seek out its wholeness and re-experience its divine connection to First Source.

https://www.wingmakers.com/content/phil ... hilosophy/

worth repeating ..."the entity can, through the human instrument, transform the three-dimensional context into a self-aware, integrated component of the Universe of Wholeness. and the LTO explains how that can be done, by using their materials as your guide to the Portal of the Wholeness Navigator which they created in the HMS.

Last edited by starduster on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:31 am 
Posting Freak

Whatever starduster. you can be right since it means so much to you. :roll: I really don't care.

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:10 am 
Posting Freak

Onyks wrote:
I was born after 1980, and when I was newborn, my parents accepted the doctors suggestion of me being a test subject for a whole series of new vaccines, I think I got more than 10 - maybe 20 different vaccines as an infant. Reading this makes me very sad. It's not like I was allowed to choose... it just was done without my consent. Really really sad, but there is nothing I can do about it...

I am also sorry to hear that Onyks, but it may not have been done in countries other than the US (at first) ... you can prob get a record of the shots (and their series) given to you ... and you can look up the ingredients to see what they put into you ... and maybe even sue them

I have to ask, what kind of a monster, or how desperate does a person have to be, to create these products KNOWING how they will effect innocent babies ... How withered and hard is the heart of the person who sprays chemicals on our populations - or approves their use

How long will we let these psychopaths do these sort of thing, without any accountability ... and how long will YOU support them

SAY NO MORE and stop participating in, and contributing to this Empire of Lethal Deception ... research EVERYTHING you are told - especially what you are told by the Medical Industry and Science because these people are Animus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:24 am 
Posting Freak

Shayalana wrote:
Whatever starduster. you can be right since it means so much to you. :roll: I really don't care.

it isn't a matter of me "being right" - it is a matter of YOU getting your facts straight, from the Source, and not promoting your personal BS

the ingredients of the formula, that will manifest a Sovereign Integral State of Consciousness ... is YOU - fully prepared, and Nature ... nothing more and nothing less ... certainly nothing that we can't all afford - or they can prevent us from doing

as with all things WINGMAKER - the "formula" is simple - and balanced - NOTHING prevents you from REALilizing your full potential as a Sovereign Entity

While Earth and Universe Nature play key roles in the liberation maneuver, the preparation of the individual is their own responsibility. It is a balanced equation:

Earth/Nature + Individual Preparation = Sovereign Integral Realization.

The First Point of process is the key factor of preparation. If your First Point for the reclamation of the Sovereign Integral state of consciousness is anything less than unconditional oneness, equality and truthfulness in the expression of every moment, then you will hit many walls within the prison, and each time you do, you will be required to start over. Thus, the initial point of self-realization must be aligned to the realization itself.

snipped from the conclusion of Answer 3 from Project Camelot: by James.

I suggest that you, do what is required, Shay and start over ... with an open mind - not filled with Histories loaded down with emotional baggage that distort the stream of Virtures flowing freely from the Heart of our Creator to the Heart of The Sovereign Entities ... I start over every year ... whether I am aware of "hitting a wall" or not (sometimes it knocks you senseless) ... and I start with "the Grand Cycle" because I have come to believe that it's frequencies, are super-sonic-ally clearing the path ways - and neutralizing the Heart and polishing the Prism (holograpic fragment of FS) and that it is my first step in preparing my Self, for the Realization of the Sovereign Integral state of Consciousness ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:22 am 
Posting Freak

do you really "not care" if what you choose to believe is true or not?

I am not judging you Shay, I appreciate what our relationship has taught me ... I am trying to help you bring yourself into alignment with Universal truth that our unembodied brothers in the LTO have discovered and are sharing - I am not promoting "my way" of doing things or my perspective as being "better" ... I am promoting using the WMMs to empower the Sovereign Entity that I AM - WE ARE ... to reach OUR full potential - while in this (altered) body - because I know, that when I succeed (because it IS our destiny), I can fix my HI and re-store its original programs, and my conscious connection to Our Creator and First Source Intelligence will allow me to enhance and expand its capabilities, befitting of a fully developed Sovereign Integral component of Wholeness ... right here, from within my little house on the prairie - ASAP

that is my only goal ... or agenda ... and nothing prevents me from achieving the Realization of the Sovereign Integral state of consciousness - coherently and consistently - eternally... and my point in being here, is to demonstrate gratitude humbly (as I am able), because if I can do it ...anyone/everyone can ... I'm not "special" or "chosen" and far from perfect - but I will not allow my birth-right to be stolen from me, by my self-serving brother... I will not surrender my Free Will, so that "god's" will, might be done, on Earth - I refuse to feed the Beast that oppresses us with genetic manipulations ... I will find the Portal of the Wholeness Navigator - someplace he will not go ... deep within the Human Mind System that he has so unmercifully FUBARed to satisfy his unbridled ego.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:21 pm 
Posting Freak

Whatever you say starduster since you know everything. I really really really don't care. :lol:

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:24 pm 
Posting Freak

Cannabis Targets Receptors in the Amygdala Linked to Anxiety

Marijuana may hijack cannabinoid receptors in the amygdala to reduce anxiety.

An international group of researchers led by Vanderbilt University has discovered for the first time that there are cannabinoid receptors in the amygdala. The amygdala is one of the primary brain regions involved in regulating anxiety and the flight-or-fight response.

“The discovery may help explain why marijuana users say they take the drug mainly to reduce anxiety” said Sachin Patel, M.D., Ph.D., the paper's senior author and professor of Psychiatry and of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics at Vanderbilt. He said, "this could be highly important for understanding how cannabis exerts its behavioral effects."

The study titled, “Multiple Mechanistically Distinct Modes of Endocannabinoid Mobilization at Central Amygdala Glutamatergic Synapses” is published in the March 2014 issue of the journal Neuron.

Marijuana Hijacks the Cannabinoid System

Marijuana is also known as “Cannabis” because the THC in marijuana is able to lock into the brain’s widespread cannabinoid system to exert its effects. This is the first time cannabinoid receptors have been identified in the central nucleus of the amygdala in a mouse model.

Teniel Ramikie, a graduate student in Patel's lab and lead author of the study, said that the researchers also showed for the first time how nerve cells in the amygdala are able to create and release their own natural "endocannabinoids."

Our body naturally makes a wide range of substances endogenously that have receptors throughout the brain which are hijacked by "exogenous" drugs. Endo- means “from within.” Endocannabinoids are your body's own cannabis...endorphins are your body's own morphine, etc. In my book, The Athlete's Way I write extensively about daily habits that produce endocannabinoids and other neurochemicals that can lower anxiety without drugs.

With the legalization of marijuana in many states across the country, more people are being exposed to the drug which could create a public health crisis. Sachin Patel points out that previous studies at Vanderbilt and elsewhere, have suggested the following:

The natural endocannabinoid system regulates anxiety and the response to stress by dampening excitatory signals that involve the neurotransmitter glutamate.

Chronic stress or acute, severe emotional trauma can cause a reduction in both the production of endocannabinoids and the responsiveness of the receptors. Without their "buffering" effect, anxiety goes up.

While marijuana's "exogenous" cannabinoids also can reduce anxiety, chronic use of the drug down-regulates the receptors, paradoxically increasing anxiety. This can trigger "a vicious cycle" of increasing marijuana use that in some cases leads to addiction.

In the current study, the researchers used high-affinity antibodies to "label" the cannabinoid receptors so they could be seen using various microscopy techniques, including electron microscopy, which allowed very detailed visualization at individual synapses, or gaps between nerve cells.

"We know where the receptors are, we know their function, we know how these neurons make their own cannabinoids," Patel said. "Now can we see how that system is affected by…stress and chronic (marijuana) use? It might fundamentally change our understanding of cellular communication in the amygdala."

Heavy Marijuana Use Alters Teenage Brain Structure

In a December 2013 Psychology Today blog post titled, “Heavy Marijuana Use Alters Teenage Brain Structure” I write about a study from Northwestern Medicine which found that the developing teenage brain may be particularly vulnerable to excessive marijuana use.

In their study the Northwestern scientists reported that teens who smoked marijuana daily for about three years had abnormal changes in their brain structures related to working memory and performed poorly on memory tasks.

Another study from July 2013 found that long-term cannabis users tend to produce less dopamine, a neurochemical directly linked to motivation and reward. Using PET brain imaging the researchers found that dopamine levels in a part of the brain called the striatum were lowest in people who smoke more cannabis and those who began smoking marijuana at a younger age.

Lower dopamine in the striatum is linked to less life ambition at a neuronal level and something called "amotivational syndrome." For more on amotivational syndrome check out my Psychology Today blog post: “Does Long-Term Cannabis Use Stifle Motivation?”

Conclusion: How Can Someone Reduce Anxiety Without Smoking Marijuana?

Smoking marijuana to reduce anxiety can backfire. As Patel pointed out, “While marijuana's 'exogenous' cannabinoids also can reduce anxiety, chronic use of the drug down-regulates the receptors, paradoxically increasing anxiety. This can trigger 'a vicious cycle' of increasing marijuana use that in some cases leads to addiction.”

I know that physical activity, yoga, and mindfulness meditation are not a panacea for reducing anxiety—but they are a drug-free way to lower the stress hormone cortisol and produce endocannabinoids. If you smoke marijuana to treat anxiety, it is possible that the neurochemicals released by the daily habit of seeking a runner’s high or zen-like state of calm could be more effective in the long run.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... ed-anxiety

I think it's interesting that the brain can produce its own cannabinoids, to learn how to activate the production of them within us would be most beneficial. I heard years ago that the body was able to produce every chemical it needed to sustain itself. If that is true what would we need manmade drugs for? I think we have an amazing future ahead of us when all these natural potentials are tapped into.

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:30 pm 
Posting Freak

Here's an interesting and different take on chemtrails and why I don't fear them.

Chemtrail “Activists” Finally Get A Leg To Stand On

posted by Michael Thomas February 12, 2015

At Exposing The Truth, we have routinely shared our debunking of mainstream chemtrail theories with self-described “chemtrail activists” in an effort to explain that geoengineering efforts are not being seriously applied anywhere. Despite this, we receive a never-ending stream of accusations for not “covering” the “poison in the skies” and for failing to take unqualified “whistleblowers” seriously. Now, these debates might get more interesting following the release of a CIA funded NAS study.

The National Academy of Sciences report funded by the CIA gives some of these “activists” a leg to stand on: there really are plans on the table to modify the atmosphere in an effort to reduce runaway climate change. The problem, climate change and indeed biosphere instability, is a serious one despite the irresponsible and ignorant writings published and going viral from The Telegraph.

The new report is very similar the 2009 study by John Shepard into the potential use of geoengineering to combat climate change. Instead of saying “chemtrails,” which is a very vague and certainly polarizing title, especially considering the fact no one appears to be spraying anything to combat climate change, the report refers instead to “solar radiation management,” which includes everything that works to reflect solar radiation back into space.

Despite the claims of many, none of these reports have even suggested spraying aluminum particles into the air, and finding aluminum in your soil is not a sign of aircraft spraying it but instead a verification that aluminum makes up approximately 7 to 8% of the earth’s crust. Increasing levels of aluminum in plants is actually a sign of increasing acidity, because aluminum becomes increasingly bioavailable in acidic soil. That said, it is likely that aerosol based strategies have been discussed, but so far there is no evidence of their use.

Even the chair of this new CIA funded study doesn’t think geoengineering is the best solution. In line with the 2009 study, the chair of the NAS (National Academy of Sciences) geoengineering panel, Marcia McNutt, lamented that geoengineering should not be our primary effort. She explained this using a football analogy:

“To use football analogy, [geoengineering] would be similar to a Hail Mary with only 2 seconds on the clock. We hope our quarterback and coaches never put us in that place… What’s sad is that there isn’t even an opposing team. We can walk into the end zone right now with mitigation and adaptation.”

Even the experts encouraging further research into geoengineering are ardently in favor of using other less risky technology and efforts to get the situation under control. Everyone is calling for us to stop tossing the ball backwards between players and instead is encouraging us to huddle up and execute a thought-through plan.

Right now, we could seriously still take efforts to decrease heat build-up by growing plants on our roofs, by moving away from fossil fuel based energies, by decreasing the number of expensive and unnecessary projects draining both financial and energy resources. A good example of the last is the continued development of US naval warships armed with lasers, which completels ignores the fact that lasers lose power based on humidity and distance, vulernable to any type of EM weapon, which makes them completely unsuited for use at sea.

Instead of shelving clearly ineffective and expensive ideas, they are frequently being funded long past the point where their ineffectiveness becomes clear. We are putting all of our collective energy into throwing the ball back and forth on the 10 yard line in ever increasingly flashy ways, which unfortunately doesn’t bring us one meter closer to scoring. Scoring is, within this metaphor, a complete switch to more sustainable energy generation and lifestyle habits leading to a relative stabilization of global temperatures and biosphere state.

The scariest fact in this is not the discussion of geoengineering as a solution, but the fact that even some scientists are buying into a last-minute fantasy involving technology that has not become much more advanced since the end of World War 2. We are no closer to being able to control the climate, and global temperatures, than we were half a century ago. The irony is that while conspiracy theorists complain about the dangerous use of these fantasy technologies, their lack of effectiveness and high logistical costs has prevented them from pretty much ever being used.

So if you are a “chemtrail activist,” you should really be concentrating on making it unnecessary for anyone to ever consider spraying reflective particles into the stratosphere. This can be done far more effectively by campaigning for political and social change than by promoting unscientific fear-porn. So although increasingly common policy level discussions about geoengineering are taking place, giving chemtrail people a single leg to stand on, it still doesn’t support any of their further claims. It should be of no surprise to anyone that having a single leg in no way guarantees being able to run, jump, or keep your balance, but instead it just means that you don’t necessarily fall completely on your face.

There are real things to worry about, and even a few reasons still left to hope, but none of these involve chemtrails.

http://www.exposingtruth.com/chemtrail- ... leg-stand/

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:10 pm 
Posting Freak

I found this article interesting... it seems that when the sperm interacts with the egg, a Light is detected

there is a vid here that shows it happening, in real time, in this link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/04/26/bright-flash-of-light-marks-incredible-moment-life-begins-when-s/ and an article that explains (somewhat) how it was discovered, and what they believe causes it ... which they say is "zink" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:29 am 
Posting Freak

Here's another take on that.

Seeing life in a new light: Scientists capture ‘transformative’ moment of human conception

“Sparks” flew when Northwestern University researchers discovered a sperm enzyme’s activation of a human egg creates an explosion of zinc. The size of these “sparks” is a direct measure of the quality of the egg and its ability to develop into an embryo.

When they injected a sperm enzyme into the human egg, the researchers found it triggered an increase in calcium within the egg, causing zinc to be released. As the zinc is released from the egg, it binds to small molecule probes, which emit light, the fluorescence microscopy experiments showed.

This is the first time the zinc “sparks” have been documented in human egg fertilization.

“All of biology starts at the time of fertilization, yet we know next to nothing about the events that occur in the human,” said Teresa Woodruff, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology and one of the study’s two senior authors at Northwestern, said in a statement. “It was remarkable…to see the zinc radiate out in a burst from each human egg was breathtaking.”

con't...

https://www.rt.com/usa/341063-scientist ... onception/

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:52 am 
Posting Freak

Who wants to bet that this is being used as a distraction from attention being paid to the Saudis and their role in 9/11?
The brash boldness of the US government is unprecedented. Even the Bush regime didn't try what this regime is. They must be really panicking.

‘Highway robbery’: Tehran protests assets freeze for US victims of ‘Iranian terror’

Published time: 27 Apr, 2016 04:49

Iran has summoned the Swiss Ambassador in Tehran, who represents American interests in the country, to relay a formal note of protest regarding a US Supreme Court ruling that froze $2 billion of the country’s assets to compensate American victims of “Iranian terror.”
Trends
Iran tension

During the meeting with Ambassador Giulio Haas the Iranian Foreign ministry has presented an official note of protest over the ruling by the US Supreme Court last week that approved the transfer of about $2bn of frozen Iranian assets to the families of victims of terrorist attacks.

The attacks in question pertain to the 1983 bombing of a US Marine barracks in Beirut that killed 241 US servicemen, and the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia that killed 19 Americans.

Quote:
PressTV LIVE
Zarif: Iran considers U.S. government responsible For protecting Iran’s assetshttps://t.co/uZFhlny0lgpic.twitter.com/r892AgN2Ss
— Press TV (@PressTV) April 25, 2016

The Supreme Court decision affects more than 1,000 Americans, including survivors and families of attack victims that court judges have attributed to Iranian operatives.

The Islamic Republic called the US court ruling “a blatant violation of mutual contract obligations such as the 1955 treaty between the two countries, as well as US international legal commitments on the judicial immunity and inviolability of the assets and properties of the Islamic Republic of Iran.”

The Iranian side also handed over a second note of protest objecting to another ruling in New York in March, that accused Tehran of taking part in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The NY court ruled that Iran was liable to pay $10 billion to the victims of 9/11 after Tehran failed to defend itself against the charges.

Stressing that the New York court failed to provide “any evidence” the foreign ministry called the allegations “baseless and contrary to accepted practices of international law that guarantees governments’ judicial immunity.”

While Ambassador Haas promised to promptly relay Tehran's protest to Washington, the State Department has yet to produce a comment on the matter.

“We don’t have any kind of readout yet,” deputy spokesperson Mark Toner said in reply to the question about Haas summon. “I – we can certainly try to share what they convey, but I’m not sure how much I can share.”

In addition to handing over the two notes of protest, Iran’s Supreme Court also lashed out against the two court rulings.

“The courts of every country have authority over their own territory and international civil cases,” which must be handled either through the International Court of Justice or through mutual agreement, Mizan Online reported. “These decisions are based on no logic other than the law of jungle and are more like an instance of international banditry rather than legal action.”

Quote:
Iran’s foreign minister @JZarif talks with @wrightr about the fraying relations between the U.S. and his country: https://t.co/8t9LQDvN1d
— The New Yorker (@NewYorker) April 26, 2016

On Monday, Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif threatened to take legal action against the US in the International Court of Justice (ICJ) if the frozen funds are “diverted.”

Speaking at a joint news conference with visiting Macedonian counterpart Nicolas Poposki, Zarif said,

“We hold the US administration responsible for preservation of Iranian funds and if they are plundered, we will lodge a complaint with the ICJ for reparation.”

In a separate interview with the New Yorker, Zarif made it clear that Iran has lost all hope for the American justice system, calling the US Supreme Court decision a “theft.”

“I have lost every respect for US justice,” the FM said. “These cases cannot stand in any serious civilized court of law. When a US court condemns Iran for 9/11, it finishes the credibility of the US justice system when it comes to Iran.”

“The Supreme Court is the Supreme Court of the United States, not the Supreme Court of the world. We’re not under its jurisdiction, nor is our money. It is a theft. Huge theft. It is highway robbery,” Zarif stressed.

https://www.rt.com/news/341068-iran-ter ... ts-freeze/

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:07 am 
Posting Freak

Those purely selfish motives spoken about here is that countries such as the USA and Saudi Arabia, perhaps, Britain as well, that FUND terrorists really don't want that to be known widely let alone proven. They make money from terror. When that is addressed and dealt with then maybe there's a chance to contain the terrorists. I wonder, the Saudi's are very afraid of it being known the extent of their support for terrorism and especially with 9/11 and all of those lawsuits just ichin to happen.

Disunity, pursuit of selfish interests hinders war on terror – Russian dep. defense minister

Political ambitions and selfish national interests of some countries are the main stumbling block to defeating terrorism, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov told RT ahead of the 5th Moscow Conference on International Security.

The high-profile forum, which will focus on the fight against global terrorism, will see about 500 guests from at least 80 countries arriving in Moscow, which will host the upcoming conference on April 27-28.

Speaking about the obstacles in the way of international efforts to defeat various armed terror groups, Antonov pointed to the lack of unity in the face of the global threat.

“What stands in the way today is political ambitions and selfish national interests of certain countries, who realize full well that they can’t fight terrorism on their own,” Antonov said, emphasizing that no one can escape the consequences of the rapid spread of terror in the modern interconnected world.

“No one can feel safe today; nobody is living on an island. No one can hide from terrorists behind an ocean,” Antonov added. He pointed at the network nature of the terror groups that set up their cells all over the world, including in the Asia-Pacific and Central Asia where they are already “trying to get a foothold.”

The only viable solution to the spread of terrorism is a common global approach, he said.

“The international community has to come together and join forces in fighting this evil,” said Antonov, adding that terrorism will top the agenda of sessions on the Middle East, Europe, Asia Pacific and Central Asia, as the recent attacks in Europe showed that terrorism does not recognize state borders.

We firmly believe that our only option is to join forces. This is what we did back in the days of World War II,” said Antonov, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s call for the international community to create broad anti-terror coalition “similar to the anti-Hitler coalition” that will counter the terror threat with Muslim countries being the key in its success.

‘No more fighting, it’s time to build a new Syria’

The withdrawal of the majority of Russian air forces from Syria marked a successful end of Russia’s major, six-month involvement into the Syrian crisis that galvanized the process of the country’s liberation from Islamic State (IS, ISIS/ISIL) and other terrorist groups, such as Jabhat-Al-Nusra.

With the implementation of the cessation of hostilities and more opposition groups joining President Bashar Assad’s armed forces in battling ISIS on the ground, the Syrian army became strong enough to liberate the historic city of Palmyra with the support of Russian air strikes.

Quote:
‘Anachronism with no military or mission’: #NATO foundations crumbled – Stratfor founder https://t.co/i8fAiIvpzFpic.twitter.com/zvn47wNNRS
— RT (@RT_com) 18 апреля 2016 г.

“I believe the liberation of Palmyra was a turning point in the entire Syrian campaign,” Antonov told RT, while admitting that, although, the bulk of Russian air forces had now left the embattled country, Russia hasn’t accomplished its mission in Syria and will concentrate on “restoring its day-to-day operations.”

This includes meeting the basic needs of Syria’s civilian population who dream of returning to a normal life while experiencing the shortage of such essentials as bread. In recent weeks Russia has shipped more than 700 tons of humanitarian cargo to Syria, Antonov said. Demining Palmyra also remains high on Russia’s priorities in Syria.

“So we are doing everything in our capacity to make life easier for civilians in Syria, so that everybody would be able to come round, take a deep breath and get a feel of the ceasefire, and benefit from it firsthand,” he said, outlining Russia’s new strategy in the country as “no more fighting, it’s time to build a new Syria.”

Russia & US should work together ‘much more than today’

Speaking about the strained relations between the US and Russia, Antonov underlined the positive outcome of the cooperation with the US in the fight against terrorists in Syria.

“We have worked out a positive, efficient relationship with the US while combatting terrorism in Syria… we are constantly in touch with the US military. There is coordination and collaboration,” he said, however, admitting that there’s still room for improvement.

While expressing Russia’s willingness to engage in closer cooperation in fighting terror, Antonov said that both sides should be ready to take a step further. “Now it’s all up to Washington,” he added.

As to NATO’s decision to suspend cooperation with Russia and concerns voiced by NATO leaders that Russia is “at the doorstep of the Alliance,” Antonov believes such moves are a part of a blunt propaganda campaign.

“Russia is being targeted by a propaganda campaign. Some of the statements made by NATO leaders are nothing short of absurd. They are now saying that Russia is ‘at the doorstep’ of the Alliance, as if it has been Russia expanding its territory toward the Alliance all these years, and not vice versa,” said Antonov, blaming NATO officials for employing the “same old master-and-apprentice” approach toward Russia.

Russia will not tolerate any attempt to dictate to it how to act and will retaliate against any military advances of NATO member states close to Russia’s borders, such as the stationing of a missile defense system “with regard to our own military and technical capabilities,” Antonov said.

However, Russia will not be dragged into an arms race, he insisted.

“But I would like to emphasize that we are against getting into an arms race, no matter who is trying to impose one on us,” said Antonov, adding that restoring military cooperation with NATO is only possible on the principles of “equality, dialogue, mutual respect and acknowledgement of each other’s interests.”

Three deputy prime ministers, some 20 defense ministers and 15 chiefs of staff are expected to come to the 5th Moscow Conference on International Security, as well as 10 representatives of international organizations, two deputy secretaries-general of the UN, delegates from OSCE, CIS, the Arab League, CSTO and the International Committee of Red Cross, who are also set to join the discussions to be held on April 26-27.

The event is expected to attract extensive media coverage, with more than three hundred journalists accredited for the conference.

https://www.rt.com/news/340318-russia-a ... iew-syria/

Hmmm...doesn't Russia have satellite footage of 9/11? I wonder if it could tie the Saudi's in with it besides most of the pilots involved being from Saudi Arabia. 300 journalists accredited for this event should be interesting how they fare here compared to other places where they are less than welcome.

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:02 am 
Posting Freak

Oh oh....

‘Democratization’ of Iraq opened door for terrorists, Libya a hotbed for ISIS – top Russian general

Published time: 27 Apr, 2016 07:48[/b][/size]

The US meddling with Arab countries such as Iraq and Libya has turned them into hotbeds of terrorism, the head of the Russian general staff said.

In the long run, American military interventions of the past two decades have only succeeded in fostering terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa, General Valery Gerasimov told an international security conference in Moscow.

“The occupation of Iraq, the disposal of yet another strongman and ‘democratization’ of this country at gunpoint caused the majority of the dispersed military and ousted political elites to form the core of ISIS,” he said.

Similar mistakes were made in Libya, when Western powers decided to use military force to oust its leader Muammar Gaddafi in 2011, the Russian general said.

“Libya… practically no longer exists as a state and has become a hotbed for IS and other terrorist groups,” he pointed out.

Gerasimov added that the refugee crisis in Europe is the price it is now paying for destabilizing Arab countries.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

https://www.rt.com/news/341081-libya-ir ... ts-topple/

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:54 pm 
Posting Freak

50% of US voters say presidential candidate system 'rigged' – poll

We heard Donald Trump saying the US voting system is rigged, we heard Bernie Sanders criticizing closed elections. Now a new poll shows that more than half of US voters believe the system to pick their president is “rigged.”

The poll, conducted by Reuters and Ipsos, found that some 51 percent of voters believe the primary system is rigged against certain candidates. Some 71 percent said they would prefer to pick their party's presidential nominee with a direct vote, cutting out the use of delegates as intermediaries.

The survey also found that 27 percent of likely voters do not understand how the primary process works, and 44 percent do not understand why delegates are involved at all.

Nearly half said they would prefer a single-day primary in which all states held their nominating contests together, as opposed to the current system which draws the process out for months.

The responses were about the same for both Republicans and Democrats.

The poll surveyed 1,582 Americans in an online survey from April 21 to 26. It has a credibility interval of 2.9 percentage points.

con't https://www.rt.com/usa/341153-rigged-pr ... ng-system/

What a difference since the last elections! People really are waking up!

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:03 pm 
Posting Freak

‘Deeply troubled’: New York’s top lawyer investigates voting irregularities in primary

Having received over 1,000 complaints about voting problems in New York’s primary, the state’s Attorney General will open a probe. More than 125,000 voters are alleged to have been missing from the rolls, and over 60,000 were sent incomplete primary notices.

“I am deeply troubled by the volume and constituency of voting irregularities, both in public reports and direct complaints to my officer’s voter hotline,” Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said in a statement on Wednesday. “[That’s] why…we have opened an investigation into alleged improprieties in yesterday’s voting.”

Quote:
#Breaking: We have opened an investigation into the NYC Board Of Elections pic.twitter.com/2xvVQcjGdh
— Eric Schneiderman (@AGSchneiderman) April 20, 2016

Schneiderman’s announcement comes just days after a coalition of concerned voters under the name Election Justice USA filed a lawsuit against the Board of Elections, alleging voters’ party affiliations had been changed without their consent, meaning they could not vote in the closed primary.

The lawsuit called for New York to switch to an open system that allows anyone to vote in the primaries, regardless of their party affiliation. The court failed to order an injunction on Tuesday, but scheduled amended complaints and briefings to be filed by the end of the month.

Meanwhile, New York City’s comptroller, Scott Stringer, announced an audit of the Board of Elections over reports of irregularities in Tuesday’s primary. He said that the Board of Elections had confirmed that more than 125,000 Democratic voters in Brooklyn were dropped from voter rolls between November 2015 and April 2016.

Stringer said the removals occurred “without any adequate explanation furnished by the Board of Elections.”

“There is nothing more sacred to our political process and that is why after widespread reports of voters having problems casting their ballot,” Stringer told reporters. “Why is it alleged that 125,000 people have been removed from the voter rolls? Why did 60,000 people receive notices to vote that didn’t have the primary date? These allegations are very serious and unfortunately in New York City this is nothing new. We have long accepted the board of elections incompetence and over-politicization of this process. It is time to drill down and finally find out why it is so tough for New York City to have fair, open and honest elections.”
The city’s comptroller has launched an online portal to solicit information from the public on their voting experiences.
Quote:
#BrooklynPurge protestors ask #BoardofElections#whereareourvotes#NYPrimary#NYPrimaryProblemspic.twitter.com/B0fof3IL6b
— E L Razook (@elrazook) April 21, 2016

Late on Wednesday afternoon, over 70 voters rallied outside the Board of Elections in Brooklyn to protest voter disenfranchisement.

Quote:
Quote:
LIVE on #Periscope: Brooklyn Board of Elections Protest 3 https://t.co/fpa8JbLSKp
— E L Razook (@elrazook) April 20, 2016

Representatives from Election Justice USA used the occasion to drop off a copy of their lawsuit at the Board of Elections, while people outside shared their experiences of voting problems.

“I was not on the voting rolls, but I was registered. I voted in 2011 and 2012. I checked on the website, everything was fine. When I went to vote, I was not on the rolls. I was given an affidavit ballot, but I was only given Republican choices. I went back to [the poll worker] and said I don’t want any of these choices. I was laughed at,” said Tiny Daniella. “I said I was a registered Democrat. I was given an affidavit with Democratic choices.”

Quote:
#NYPrimaryProblems everybody had one. This is ridiculous. #corruptionpi

Daniel Jacobs from Jackson Heights, Queens, said he had changed his address with the elections board, but wasn’t in the book when he went to vote.

“I went to my previous polling station in Bed Stuy, [Brooklyn] I was not in the books there. I was given an affidavit ballot. It was the only choice I had. I wasn’t given information about how to fill out the form,” said Jacobs.

Quote:
Long-time voters had to vote by affidavit ballot yesterday, telling their stories. #nyprimaryproblemspic.twitter.com/1L4CP0uJpQ
— act.tv (@actdottv) April 20, 2016

Organizers are collecting accounts of voting problems under the hashtag #nyprimaryproblems.

Quote:
#BrooklynPurge protesters demand answers fr #BoardofElections#NYPrimaryProblems@NBCNews@RebMyles@JordanCharitonpic.twitter.com/NKyazOnaJb
— E L Razook (@elrazook) April 21, 2016

Brad Friedman, host of the BradCast, a daily radio program aired on Pacifica Radio and Sputnik told RT that voters need to stop waiting until after elections to express their concerns about these problems.

“All of the problems we’ve seen in state after state this year have been visible miles in advance. But it seems that voters only tend to get angry after it’s too late, after their favorite candidate has lost,” said Friedman. “If we want real election reform, we have to demand it from public officials and from media now. Not once it’s already too late.”

Quote:
‘Good morning disenfranchisement’: New York primary tainted by voting irregularitieshttps://t.co/EPSvzldo5dpi ... B1yI9TwOhO
— RT America (@RT_America) April 19, 2016

Friedman recommends that voters check their registration status now and also urges them to let election officials know that if they don’t fight to repair the Voting Rights Act, which the Supreme Court recently altered, they will be voted out of office.

In addition, he says voters should insist that mainstream corporate media report on the problems and press candidates to address them, “rather than simply over horserace banter and bull**** 24 hours a day.”

“Democracy matters, but only if we the people are allowed to exercise it,” said Friedman.

Quote:
When I went to vote yesterday I was not in the records and had to fill out extensive forms and affidavits .i was told many had to do this
— Martha Stewart (@MarthaStewart) April 20, 2016

The American Civil Liberties Union, Common Cause New York, the Citizens Union, and New York Public Interest Research Group are all looking into what led to the problems in this last troubled primary, but have been petitioning and fighting for voting reforms for many decades with little result.

In an editorial appearing in the New York Post in the lead up to the primary, Susan Lerner, executive director from Common Cause New York said, “simply fixing New York’s retrograde primary rules would be a start, but it isn’t enough. A modern mobile society with a 24-hour news cycle needs one uniform set of rules for registering voters, including same-day registration, that apply equally across the country.”

https://www.rt.com/usa/340436-new-york- ... ularities/

We're not in Kansas anymore Toto. Gee with all the global sweeping surveillance going on I wonder how they found out who was voting for Bernie? Hey Hillary?

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:19 pm 
Posting Freak

I just love RT!

Audiences want more foreign news sources, fresh perspectives – landmark study

An extensive PwC study has confirmed that since RT was established in 2005, audiences are taking in more foreign news, from more sources, and with more varied views, promising a bright future for the channel and other alternative media sources.

Following an online survey of 5,000 news consumers from 10 significant countries, including the US, UK, and Russia, PwC discovered that 79 percent of respondents were more interested in news offering “a different perspective” than a decade earlier. Additionally, those who read or watched news from a country other than their own were accessing 4.1 different media outlets a month, as opposed to 2.5 in 2005.

“Ten years ago, the cost of distribution presented a high barrier to entry, limiting providers to well-established, predominantly western, providers such as BBC, CNN and Financial Times. But in the past decade reduced distribution costs (driven by technology) have facilitated supply, while increased international curiosity and mobility has fuelled a surge in demand. The result has been both growing audiences for traditional cross-border news organizations and successful entrances by new providers,” wrote the authors of the report.

The process has both enabled and been driven by RT – which was set up from scratch, and has capitalized on every major new media technology and outlet.

“This study by PwC made one thing abundantly clear: the world today demands diversity in news more than ever before – which is exactly what RT has been providing for the last decade,” said Margarita Simonyan, RT’s editor-in-chief. “We are the voice of dissent on current affairs, the place to get stories ignored by the majority of mainstream media.”

...Image

more...https://www.rt.com/news/341147-pwc-inte ... ews-study/

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:45 pm 
Posting Freak

Single Bronze Age 'king' responsible for half of western European men

It’s good to be the king. One man, thought to be a monarch, used his potent baby batter to change the course of history four thousand years ago, after scientists discovered a genetic link to half of all men with western European heritage living today.

Researchers from the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute don’t know who it was or where exactly he lived, but they believe advancements in metallurgy, war, and wheel technology created a boom of elite nobles who partially ‘purified’ humanity’s bloodline, according to a study published in Nature Genetics this week.

Looking at the Y chromosome, which is only passed from father to son, 1,200 men from 26 populations helped scientists trace back four millennia of mutations to a single ancestor.

“Wheeled transport, metal working, and organized warfare are all candidate explanations that can now be investigated further,” Dr Chris Tyler-Smith told The Telegraph.

Coming out of the Stone Age, the chieftain and his descendants controlled the population and reproduction through a new hierarchical system of powerful elites which, much like his bloodline, continues to this day.

The study also proved that all of us, no matter what race, nationality, or religion, are cousins from Africa, as 100 percent of the men tested descend from just one man who lived 190,000 years ago, more than a centamillennium before humanoids left Africa to explore the planet.

more...

https://www.rt.com/viral/341169-king-half-european-men/

An interesting little tidbit not mentioned here is that all fetus' start out as female. So there you have it, according to this article ,we are all black and at some point in conception we are all female. So much for such ignorance with misogyny and racism. :shock:

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:33 pm 
Posting Freak

Former Tax Lobbyists Are Writing the Rules on Tax Dodging

Lee Fang

Apr. 27 2016, 8:14 a.m.

The secret tax-dodging strategies of the global elite in China, Russia, Brazil, the U.K., and beyond were exposed in speculator fashion by the recent Panama Papers investigation, fueling a worldwide demand for a crackdown on tax avoidance.

But there is little appetite in Congress for taking on powerful tax dodgers in the U.S., where the practice has become commonplace.

A request for comment about the Panama Papers to the two congressional committees charged with tax policy — House Ways and Means and the Senate Finance Committee — was ignored.

The reluctance by congressional leaders to tackle tax dodging is nothing new, especially given that some of the largest companies paying little to no federal taxes are among the biggest campaign contributors in the country. But there’s another reason to remain skeptical that Congress will move aggressively on tax avoidance: Former tax lobbyists now run the tax-writing committees.

We researched the backgrounds of the people who manage the day-to-day operations of both committees and found that a number of lobbyists who represented world-class tax avoiders now occupy top positions as committee staff. Many have stints in and out of government and the lobbying profession, a phenomenon known as the “reverse revolving door.” In other words, the lobbyists that help special interest groups and wealthy individuals minimize their tax bills are not only everywhere on K Street, they’re literally managing the bodies that create tax law:

-Barbara Angus, the chief tax counsel of the House Ways and Means Committee, became a staff member in January of this year after leaving her position as a lobbyist with Ernst & Young. Angus, registration documents show, previously helped lobby lawmakers on tax policy on behalf of clients such as General Electric, HSBC, and Microsoft, among other clients.

-Mark Warren, a tax counsel for the tax policy subcommittee of Ways and Means, is a former lobbyist for the Retail Industry Leaders Association, a trade group that includes Coca-Cola, Home Depot, Walgreens, and Unilever. Warren, who joined the committee in November of last year, previously lobbied on a range of tax policies, including tax credits and “tax relief.”

-Mike Evans became chief counsel for the Senate Finance Committee in 2014 after leaving his job as a lobbyist for K&L Gates, where he lobbied on tax policy for JP Morgan, Peabody Energy, Brown-Forman, BNSF Railway, and other corporate clients.

-Eric Oman, the senior policy adviser for tax and accounting at the Senate Finance Committee, previously worked for Ernst & Young’s lobbying office, representing clients on tax policy.

A request for comment about the role of former lobbyists now working as staffers was also ignored by the committees.

Wealthy individuals and corporations routinely squirrel away vast sums of money in jurisdictions like Delaware or Wyoming to avoid taxation, a major factor in the current state of affairs that allows those at the top of the economic pyramid to pay an effective tax rate that is often lower than the middle class. Verizon, Boeing, and General Electric, to name a few, paid no federal income taxes in recent years, despite earning a hefty profit margin. The Tax Justice Network ranks the U.S. as the third most problematic tax haven country, a ranking even worse than Panama.

https://theintercept.com/2016/04/27/con ... lobbyists/

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:44 pm 
Posting Freak

In Yemen, Saudi-Led Intervention Gives Rise to New Armed Religious Faction

Thickly bearded men — some wrapped in traditional outfits, others masked — can be seen these days driving through Yemen’s central city of Taiz in pickup trucks mounted with machine guns.

The men belong to a growing faction of Salafis, an ultra-conservative Sunni religious group. In Taiz, the Salafis were once known for being preachers in mosques and religious scholars, but now they have become the most dominant fighters among local resistance to the Shiite Houthi rebels, who ousted from power Yemen’s President Abdu Rabbu Mansour Hadi.

First seen in March of last year, when forces loyal to the Houthis swept into the city, the Salafi fighters have increased in number since the Saudi-led coalition began its air campaign. Their presence in Taiz, the third-largest city in Yemen, has been particularly notable.

Residents worry that the growing Salafi movement is laying the groundwork for even more conflict among religious groups. According to several local residents, Homat al-Aqida fighters, the largest of five Salafi factions in Taiz, resemble al Qaeda-linked groups.

Some residents “see the Salafis as synonymous to al Qaeda,” said Mohammed al-Azaazi, a Taiz university student. “The Salafis have detained several people and carried out public executions, while claiming they apply the Islamic Sharia.”

While the Salafi factions in Taiz deny they have links to al Qaeda, their fighters spearheaded the attack on the central prison last year, which led to dozens of prisoners escaping, including al Qaeda members.

The Salafi fighters’ presence is still relatively new in Taiz, but is rapidly transforming the city, according to Baleegh al-Zuraiqi, 34, a local resident in downtown Taiz. The Salafis have been based in four neighborhoods since the fighting started, al-Zuraiqi said, “including Bab Mosa, where they have established an Islamic court to solve issues and cases among the local people.”

According to local sources, the Salafis now account for nearly half of the anti-Houthi alliance in Taiz, which consists of thousands of fighters. One member of a Salafi faction in Taiz, who asked to remain anonymous, said his group acquired some weapons from the Saudi-led coalition, but insists they “will return the arms after the war is over in Taiz.”

The member said his faction, which consists of more than 500 recruits, will continue to fight the Houthis until they’re driven out of Taiz. “Then,” he said, “our war will end.”

Yet residents of the city worry that the growing religious factions have permanently altered the city.

“Taiz is no longer ‘the city of dreams,’” said Abdurraqib al-Majeedi, a local poet and writer who left the city for Sanaa, Yemen’s capital, escaping the fierce fighting and the crippling siege. “It has become a city of war — a hub for extremist fighters and militias.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/04/26/in- ... s-faction/

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:57 pm 
Posting Freak

Leading Advocates of “Dark Money” Previously Supported Disclosure

Lee Fang

Apr. 26 2016, 9:48 a.m.

The campaign to allow money to be spent in the political system without a hint of its origin — the growing phenomenon known as dark money — racked up a major victory last week when a federal judge in Los Angeles issued a permanent injunction ending California Attorney General Kamala Harris’s attempt to obtain the donor list for Americans for Prosperity, the primary campaign and elections arm of the Koch brothers’ $889 million advocacy network.

The legal pushback against the attorney general’s inquiry was led by Americans for Prosperity and other advocates for undisclosed campaign cash. The Center for Competitive Politics, which litigates against restrictions on money in politics, joined the fray by filing a lawsuit against the attorney general’s request for donor information.

These days, those groups argue that guarding the identity of big political contributors is a First Amendment issue and a way to guard against “harassment” of donors — as Koch Industries’ general counsel claimed in a court filing.

But Americans for Prosperity and others now demanding campaign donor secrecy made the very opposite argument in the years before the Citizens United Supreme Court decision — supporting “full” campaign finance disclosure as a reasonable accompaniment to raising contribution limits. Now that contribution limits have been effectively eliminated, the calls for transparency have disappeared.

“They are moving the goal post,” says Stetson University College of Law professor Ciara Torres-Spelliscy, who specializes in election law. “When contribution limits were on the table, they advocated for transparency. When transparency was the little that was left after Citizens United, they shifted against transparency. It’s all Machiavellian and not particularly principled.”

In 1999, Americans for Prosperity, operating under its previous name, Citizens for a Sound Economy, issued a press release on the campaign finance proposals touted by then-presidential candidates John McCain and Bill Bradley. The release, citing Citizens for a Sound Economy fellow James C. Miller III, said reforms should include getting “rid of the limits on individual contributions” and requiring “full disclosure.” Miller also testified before Congress, declaring that lawmakers should raise the contribution limit and require “complete and accurate disclosure of all contributions.” Miller also spoke with Investor’s Business Daily, explaining that he “would reform the campaign laws” to “take all limits off of contributions, but have full disclosure. So taxpayers would know. This would be up on the web.”

In 1996, Bradley Smith, now the president of Center for Competitive Politics, appeared on the PBS NewsHour, and called for lifting campaign contributions and adding more disclosure to the system. “What we really need to do is dump some of these laws, deregulate the system, require full disclosure,” Smith said. “Now people are trying to hide their contributions. If we open up, let people contribute, those contributions come into the open, and then if the voters think it’s important, the voters can decide.”

In 2003, Smith again endorsed campaign disclosure because doing so, he said, would help reduce corruption by “exposing potential or actual conflicts of interest.”

In recent years, Smith and his group have switched sides, claiming that campaign disclosure rules pose a danger. He testified against new disclosure rules on nonprofit election advocacy groups, claiming they would encourage “individuals to harass, threaten, or financially harm a speaker or contributor to an unpopular cause.”

Asked about his apparent shift, Smith emailed The Intercept to say his “position hasn’t changed.” But, asked if he supports any proposals to disclose the new wave of post-Citizens United dark money in the election system, Smith said he “would be more likely to support changes limiting rather than expanding disclosure.”

The about-face by Smith comes as undisclosed campaign money has flooded the election system for both parties, but especially on behalf of Republican candidates. Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz., Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, Thad Cochran, R-Miss., and Pat Roberts, R-Kans., all previously voted or spoke out in favor of disclosing campaign funds in elections in the past, but voted to block new post-Citizens United transparency reforms to disclose secret money.

James Bopp, an attorney known as the primary legal architect behind the Citizens United decision, has gone on in recent years to fight legal battles against campaign disclosure. He represented a group in court last year that filed suit to overturn Montana’s donor disclosure laws.

But even Bopp once sided with disclosure, writing for the Heritage Foundation in 1999 that campaign finance transparency is vital.

“Proposals that are aimed at opening up the process, simplifying the campaign finance rules, and relying instead on complete and prompt disclosure would enhance politicians’ political accountability to the people,” Bopp wrote. “Such proposals not only would be constitutional, but they also would reinforce the sovereignty of the people over elected officials and decrease the threat of corruption by making it more likely that perceived influence will be exposed.”

“I have not changed my position at all,” Bopp said in response to an email from The Intercept about his comments about disclosure in the past. Asked if he would support disclosure for the numerous 501c nonprofits that engage in election campaign spending, he replied that doing so would “crush them.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/04/26/dar ... hypocrisy/

Cathedral - CS&N

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next