WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Am I (are we) being Hacked?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:36 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
because I had to reboot my computer a dozen times in the last three days ... either the "cyber bot wars" are raging - which I would think, would effect us all - or someone is snooping around in my computer ... I've seen entire files disappear and re-appear ... After our discussions in the forum about hacking, I would prefer to think that it was you guys, than the NSA :lol:

anyone else experiencing "technical difficulties" while surfing the web? because it is making it just as wacky (and nerve wracking) in cyber-world as the weather is - in our collective environments ... Ive been told to avoid Java - who sends me an "update" every other day (it seems) but no one tells us what else to use - they all advise we get on Ubuntu but then they complain about it - "I ain't got time fer dat" - it's disruptive in the one place where I can focus ... I have a free "privacy dashboard" (chuckle) and Windows "defender" :lol: - I am tired of paying for the illusion of "security" ... thank the gods for "restore" - but my printer doesn't work after that and I can't find the mfg disk and I think the dog ate it - and they won't post it or the drivers on line - not even via the "doctor/tool kit" they send out with their kraptastic disposable toys ...

anyone download WIN8.1 - how's that working for ya ? I didn't use any of they programs they eliminated, nor do I have a touch screen, so it didn't change anything for me, but I did have to eliminate a page full of Apps ... My daughter is pushing me into "text world" - I refuse to go - even though I have a 4G phone - my basic plan is to use the phone as a phone (for less than $20 a month - but because the service is louzy and getting worse, I have to have a land line too - and they cost $40 and are just as filled with junk (solisiting calls) as my mail-box ... and long distance is NOT free (can you believe that- what jerks) - you gotta have a cell phone in your car - and you have to have one that is dependable (land line) - techno has made my life more complicated - nothing last two years ... its purpose must be to fill the world with junk.

Post subject: Re: Am I (are we) being Hacked?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:57 pm 
Posting Freak

OK - too wierd not to share (dump) but right after I posted that ... my computer froze for the second time or is it the third - today ... and had to be hard-crashed to reboot ... I know that there is a active sunspot - but I'm in a faraday cage ... yesterday I had to reboot my satillite modem ... I'd feel a lot better knowing that we are "in this together - anyone else having computer issues?
and there goes Java - asking for permission to invade - like every day ?

I opt out of the shopping spree adds and google snoop, even though I do prefer and use google - I hate knowing I am being "tracked" - I scanned all my files with one of those "optimizers" of msn - they say I need to up-date some drivers - for a fee (pass). This site couldn't get any slower, but wata ya want for free .

OK, I just had to know what was going on globally, and Suspicious observer always keeps us right on top of things - I feel like I am sitting on the moon watching earth - with all his charts - it is so much better IMO than the "local" weather - as if we lived in a box ... I can "see" with his perspective why its blowing 60 outside - but it doesn't explain how it got to be 64 degrees in Colorado, Mid FEB, ... and YES there is a lot of solar activity beating on a weakened shield ... this may explain the computer glitches (somewhat)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpMn26GdLKQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUTiL1q9YbrVam5nP2xzFTWQ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:55 pm 

It might be the windows operative system that is freezing and failing!? I'm on mac, and it is as good as always, althou the fan goes really loud if too many programs are running at the same time. Especially when I make music.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:52 pm 
Posting Freak

hummmm... I went to use my printer, and it didn't work - I contacted HP and and they don't have a "fix" for those who have switched to 8.1 - no new software - but but they will sell me a refurbished printer/scanner - for the great price of $35 - like that helps me today NOT - after three hours of downloading softwear that didn't work on the printer - I was able to scan the docs that I needed - and send them via Email to my bank ... what a royal pain - HP just lost my business - forever.

Not having problems anymore ... seriously believe it was solar flares - but that is the first time I ever had them interfere with my computer - before it was simply dropped cell calls - so maybe the shield IS getting weaker ... that's not good news ... guess I learned something though - my faraday cage isn't effective when I have the "curtain" up (snicker)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:49 am 
Posting Freak

well, I figured it out ... when you use restore, it doesn't always "restore" everything ... the HP printer is one of those things, and so is Firefox ... so you have to uninstall it and then reinstall it to get it to work right ... just one of those petty things that Windows does to FF - and beware when you do that because FF wants to download a bunch of krap now - that when you try to remove it will seriously disconnect you from the internet ... I learn these things the hard way :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:44 pm 
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:02 am 
Posting Freak

OBW my computer is AOK - it was simply "compatibility" issues - which seems to be how the techno industry sells products now days - they just refuse to upgrade ... this will be the second printer I've had to replace ... thanks to WIN 7 and 8.1 ... and their cyber wars with Fire FOX

speaking of cyber wars - there is now a website where you can locate the "war zones" ... when you computer is slow, you can check here:http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html Or SOHO to see if the sun is causing it before you start "restoring" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:52 pm 
Posting Freak

OK ... mystery solved (IMO) ... this is what I discovered ... you too may fall victim to this conspiracy that I have uncovered ... because yesterday my computer completely crashed ... and after finally unpluging it, and leaving it off for three minutes, the screen came up and said something like ' you have a major problem and we suggest you "refresh" ' but after I refreshed (it saves your files but not your programs) I was having "compatiability" issues - one right after another ... I had gotten so used to the WIN 8.1 format, that refreshing also wipes from the memory - that I was completly lost going back to 8 (which I don't plan on reinstalling because I believe it is the "gateway" to all the junk) ... and finally went to dell ... who said it was a "soft-wear" issue that wasn't covered by my "insurance" ... but they could fix it for two hundred dollars ... well, I poor-mouthed the tech, until he gave me his "final" offer, which was the leading softwear, that "fixes" your registry ... because - and here is the conspiracy, when you download, something you want ... unless you do a "custom install" (as opposed to "express") they load up a bunch of junk into your program files (weather bugs, download ast, zip drives, toolbars, updaters, searcher, ect) ... and half of them are "malicious" and very intrusive ... just RUDE and sometimes very difficult to "uninstall" completely ... and it REALLY messes with your computer ... and DEMANDS that either you have "tech support" or a "maintenance system" and or "Anti-virus" ... because your "extended coverage" doesn't cover "softwear issues" anymore ....

I opt-ed for the "maintenance system" ... which is probably nothing more than "defrag" that we USED to be able to do ourselves ... but now we have to pay for soft wear to do it ... by the yearbecause THEY are filling up all the downloads with JUNK ... guess what, it fixed all my registry issues too (wasn't extra) and my computer is running great - even faster ... I just think the whole thing could be avoided by NOT padding the downloads ... if I wanted that krap, I know how to google it ... cookies alone will choke a PC ... laptops are doomed -

you do know that the US - gave all its rights to the WWW to the UN last week right?

PS. Anti-virus is a scam ... I learned that from a geek friend of mine ... I was buyint Panda because it was #1 and NON intrusive like the others, and it was expensive ... guess what folks THEY are the ones creating the viruses ... and they give them to each other to get you to buy THIER products ... if you don't have one, you don't get diseased ... Window's Defender does all that they do, for free ... and now they have found a way around that - by disabling your computer with JUNK