WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bitcoins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:21 pm 

I believe Lyricus has been involved to some, or great extent, with the creation of Bitcoin. There are so many factors about it that are intelligent, wise and predictive, all the while showing tremendous understanding on the conspiracies of the money-power grid and bankers who are bypassed in their hierarchical control with a p2p-based economy.

Remember Neruda saying how the elite want to make a digital currency and monitor everything, or implement a digital economy etc etc... well, they have the plans alright but it requires for the globalization first. And this is not achieved yet, so... and they also tend to weaponize the economy, ie sanctions against individuals, people etc. So they want to monitor, control, weaponize etc. And then you have Bitcoin which introduces the first global, digital currency on the terms of the people - not the Elite.

This stuff is revolutionary. Now it all ties up with what was said about the leaders who will come forth to create the new economy etc etc. Btw the creator of Bitcoin was ...pseudonymous who not many people know about. I guess the Elite do know the name through all their surveillance, but they can't do a single thing as the cat is now out of the box. Even if they kill him there is nothing to be achieved as the bitcoin protocol is now out and its as great a revolution for the Internet, as was the world wide web. They are however trying to discredit him by saying he became a millionaire with this - like they know what he did with the first bitcoins (since its a frickin' cryptocurrency).

Post subject: Re: Bitcoins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:25 pm 

Btw, I'm speculating -could be wrong- that the reason why we haven't got the April interview of James is that it may be related to Bitcoins where he might have said something indicating future knowledge of events/prices while talking with Mark. After March it skyrocketed due to Cyprus bail-in... Imagine if Mark, an internet pioneer who could possibly be interested in the subject, asked James about it and James alluded that it's something good or gave his "backing" and said something like its a template of the currency of the future and then people went out and bought en mass because James said so. Back in April it was like 40-50$, now its >750$.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:34 pm 

Another thing: Remember how in the lyricus site it says that evil is not of concern because it's more in conflict with itself than it is with the aligned power of first source -or something to that effect-?

Now... imagine this "epic trolling":

1: The establishment discrediting bitcoin because ...it's backed by nothing. That automatically puts the spotlight on the fact that fiat money is not only backed by nothing, but unlike bitcoin it is inflated in favor of the issuer. If the issuer of fiat money issues another 100% of the currency, suddenly everyone is 50% poorer. This can't be done with bitcoin though which is of a limited supply and controlled monetary expansion. Besides the money, in the case of bitcoin, is not issued as debt (a central bank lending this money to a commercial bank which then lends it to people or businesses) but directly as something one can have without owing it to anyone.

2: I was wondering what happens if they want to control the price through means like future contracts etc, like they do with gold prices. I got hit by a brick in the head when I understood that if they try to do anything like that then they automatically legalize it which again will boost it tremendously. If they legalize it they can use financial tools to control it but at the same time it would tremendously expand its uses and value. If they don't legalize it they can't really control it (!).

3: Supposing the SHA algorithm is flawed or has some vulnerability that the NSA knows of, they wouldn't be able to hack it without also putting into question all the "safety" of every online activity, banking etc. It's too big of a risk to bring everything down just to bring bitcoin down - if that is possible. And even if they do, Bitcoin 2.0 might be around the corner to replace Bitcoin with superior capabilities, algorithms, encryption etc, so it would not even be worth it.

So much "trolling" with the conflicts of evil with itself that it shows how owned the "evil" is by messing with coherence.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:07 am 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
I keep reading about them , and have read everything clif high has recommended but I still do not understand how it is different from fiat money, how it would benefit anyone but "marketeers" or international business ... I would like to support a non "central bank" however bitcoin is centralized and limited. When I try to visualize "digital" currency, I see it as "credit" on a card ... and if the www goes down or gets "restricted" there goes your digital currency as well as bitcoins... again, you would have to be a day-trader to keep up with the fluctuation, and the big banks are buying in - so what keeps them from not monopolizing bitcoins ?

interesting perspective on bitcoins being a predicted future, of money-by the WMMs, I rather imagine, the MPG (money power grid) being turned off ... doesn't the NSA's hacking power include the ability to raid your pocketbook, at will... or creating their own bitcoin that is cheaper and more stable than the original ... the more I read, the more questions that I have - but I appreciate you perspective of them ... are you trading with them ? is their a bit-coin "market" outside of the web ? they are out of my price range but it sure looks like a good time to be stacking silver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:39 am 
Posting Freak

here's the basics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4HGVJjqDVk for those still confused (VID)

and here is
" A beginner's guide to bitcoin" http://www.coindesk.com/information/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:50 pm 

starduster wrote:
I keep reading about them , and have read everything clif high has recommended but I still do not understand how it is different from fiat money, how it would benefit anyone but "marketeers" or international business...

It is actually quite different.

Fiat has no intrinsic value except the paper that it's printed on. It costs exactly as much as the paper and ink. Bitcoin has intrinsic value because its an internet protocol/service that provides something (an online payment system, or a basis for running other things like distributed funding, distributed name services, distributed share markets etc), just like the email protocol. The www or email protocols have intrinsic value too.

Additionally fiat has issues on the way it is printed. If there are 10 trillion USD in circulation and the next year the US government has another 10 in circulation, the USD you have in your pocket will be worth half as much. This won't happen with bitcoin because it has a reducing monetary expansion. Only 21 million will be issued - and that will happen by the time of the Grand Portal (~2080). For now there are only 12 million in circulation and the next 9 will be very hard to "mine".

Bitcoin is also not issued as debt. The dollar when its issued is in the form of a loan from the Central Bank to a commercial bank which is then loaned to people, who have to give it back with interest. It's a tool that ensures that in the long run everyone using fiat currencies will be broke, except the bankers.

Quote:
I would like to support a non "central bank" however bitcoin is centralized and limited.

There is nowhere where the Elite can go and put a gun in one's guy head and control it. If it was centralized -someone controlling it from somewhere- that would be possible. However the control is in the network itself which performs the operations. It is designed to work in a certain way and it does, with no outside interventions being possible.

Quote:
When I try to visualize "digital" currency, I see it as "credit" on a card ... and if the www goes down or gets "restricted" there goes your digital currency as well as bitcoins... again, you would have to be a day-trader to keep up with the fluctuation, and the big banks are buying in - so what keeps them from not monopolizing bitcoins ?

An online currency apparently requires the internet to operate. Without it = nothing works.

As for the banks, even if they buy half of them, the fractional nature of bitcoin (like trading in 0.000000x BTCs) coupled with a very large value it will have by all that buying means that it can still be used for trade.

If you want to buy something that costs 8$, today it's 0.01 BTC. If the price of bitcoin goes up by hoarding of the Elite, by say, 10fold, then you'll require 0.001 BTC to do the same job. So the diminishing quantity in circulation due to hoarding does not impact its performance as a trade tool because its divisable, unlike, say, a bar of 1 gram gold. If you want a pack of cigarettes you can't give 0.1 grams of gold. With bitcoin you can.

Quote:
interesting perspective on bitcoins being a predicted future, of money-by the WMMs, I rather imagine, the MPG (money power grid) being turned off ... doesn't the NSA's hacking power include the ability to raid your pocketbook, at will...

Theoretically they can do a lot of stuff, but in practice, if they dare to do those stuff then the world will know what they are on about. They have to sacrifice their secrecy about what they can actually do in order to hack people - and that will also cost the US industry enormously because who will want "root-kit" products, like spying pcs, tablets, phones that can give backdoor access to your wallets.

Quote:
or creating their own bitcoin that is cheaper and more stable than the original ... the more I read, the more questions that I have - but I appreciate you perspective of them ... are you trading with them ? is their a bit-coin "market" outside of the web ? they are out of my price range but it sure looks like a good time to be stacking silver

I'm generally in favor of precious metals like gold and silver. From what I understand, this reality has been "programmed" to have as a store of value these two metals. It's a hologram/program, and gold/silver are its "money", as has been programmed by the programmers of the hologram.

However the futures manipulation with all the paper contracts does not allow for their real price to show. If you have 100x paper gold than actual gold trading, you can easily understand what that means for the price of gold (or silver). Silver is actually better since its only 10x in nature while it costs 1/60th.

Even silvertards and goldtards (GLP lingo, lol) are now starting to hedge their gold/silver portfolios with bitcoins/litecoins etc. This is not by accident.

There are like 5.5 billion ounces of above ground gold which increase at a rate of like 90mn per year. Contrast that with bitcoin which is only 12 million now (!) and will be like 21 million in 2080. As for silver, the numbers are like 25 billion* ounces above ground increasing by 700-800mn ounces per year. It's a lot.

* It should be around 55 due to the rate of extraction of 1:10, but a lot of silver is lost, unlike gold, due to industrial applications, films, old coins lost, old items which are thrown away etc. Gold, on the other hand, is rarely thrown away. This means that at current 1:60 prices of gold/silver, silver is greatly undervalued with only 1:5 availability compared to gold. But all this is meaningless when the price is so heavily manipulated.

Btw, bitcoin is for everyone's price range as you don't need to have 1. You can have like 0.1 or 0.01 (currently 8$). As for me, I own very little (0.0x). I wanted to mine them back in '11 but I gave up because the program was a bit complicated and run into issues with my operating system. I regret it now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:38 pm 
Posting Freak

thanks, that helped me understand some things that no one has mention before (the fractionalization) which I was not able to comprehend until you explained it - seems "upside down" but it makes perfect sense in light of the fact that there IS a ceiling ... or a limited amount of value to the coins that doesn't fluctuate ... and the fact that they have little or no value unless they are being used, is inspirational ...
I understand how you came to hesitate, it still seems, to me, to be an idea, a bit before its time - and I missed out on the early bird deals too but wouldn't the concept be valid in a local setting as well? ... - and I get what you are saying about the gold/silver programing ... it encourages hoarding (rendering it useless) but having coins in your hands, sure makes me feel more secure than a cyber "wallet" I just can't imagine any other way to "control" the population better than to turn off the electric ... so my priority is an alternate energy source - how would bitcoins give me the consumer an advantage ? how can you negotiate when they fluctuate so dramatically from day to day ...

I seems, at the moment - more of a political statement - with a practical application when it become "local" currency ... there are already many variations floating around (Lite-coin etc) - if the concept is sound - I believe it will survive the collapse of the Central Banks - their lease is up - the FED has got to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:55 am 

starduster wrote:
I understand how you came to hesitate, it still seems, to me, to be an idea, a bit before its time

It is indeed ahead of its time. It's 4 years out and still, despite its genius design, hasn't been appreciated for what it is. In part because as a technology it's still "geeky" instead of tremendously simple for everyone to understand and use. But the simplicity can be added, it's no big thing in the long run.

Quote:
- and I missed out on the early bird deals too but wouldn't the concept be valid in a local setting as well? ... - and I get what you are saying about the gold/silver programing ... it encourages hoarding (rendering it useless) but having coins in your hands, sure makes me feel more secure than a cyber "wallet" I just can't imagine any other way to "control" the population better than to turn off the electric...

They can do that but then their banks are useless also, as are the ATM machines with their cash, or the visa-processing terminals etc etc. There are physical bitcoins as well. They can take the form of paper, metal, whatever. The money is always stored in the network. What one has is a "private key", so to speak, that allows him access to these money stored on the network. Some guys put the private keys on something like paper notes, or metal coins - so that too can work at some stage I guess.

Btw, even if they turn down the electric in say 20 countries, the bitcoin network will still operate on the other 150 countries.

Quote:
so my priority is an alternate energy source - how would bitcoins give me the consumer an advantage ? how can you negotiate when they fluctuate so dramatically from day to day ...

For now they are not a dominant coin, meaning that people are still valuing things in dollars and then making the conversions in their head about what it means for the price in BTC. This might change in the future when people actually think in terms of BTC and instead of seeing BTC as the volatile one, see the fiat currencies as the volatile ones.

As to how it gives you a consumer advantage, well for a start, the Elite's pattern recognition goes out the window with the electronic tracking. You can buy whatever you want, or send money wherever you want, without dealing with fees or approvals that they have to give you.

The fees are a long-term game of defeat for consumers. A 1% fee for a transaction, means that when 100$ move 100 times from one person to the other, the bank will have accumulated 100$ in fees. This is especially true for exchange rates, buying stuff from abroad etc. With one coin that is recognized globally (BTC), there are no exchange rate fees.

If you see paypal as the established payment system, there are a) fees for transactions b) fees for exchange rates. These ensure that paypal, in the long run, makes PILES of money. People don't bother for 1-2-3% because they don't understand that when this process is repeated 10-20-30-100 times, paypal receives almost the same or money as the initial amount which is moved around. They enjoy a middle-man position with which they can charge whatever they want, withhold your money, delay your money, tell you what you can do or can't do with it, etc. Same with SWIFT transfers which are monitored and controlled, even weaponized against countries that are locked out of SWIFT for not "behaving" as instructed by the NWO.

Quote:
I seems, at the moment - more of a political statement - with a practical application when it become "local" currency ... there are already many variations floating around (Lite-coin etc) - if the concept is sound - I believe it will survive the collapse of the Central Banks - their lease is up - the FED has got to go.

There are more advantages than I mentioned earlier, and, on a local level, Bitcoins might be embraced like crazy. There are countries out there with really high inflation (unlike the US or Europe) of say 20-30% per year. In these cases, usually capital controls are enforced for gold and foreign currencies so people are scrambling to preserve their wealth with any means they can. Bitcoin allows them to bypass the local bank's printing press and escape the inflationary impact by holding something that only preserves its value but also goes up. In these countries Bitcoin is currently purchased at huge premiums compared to its "normal" value, because its in very high demand from people trying to escape inflation.

Litecoin is good as a concept. It's 4x faster in its transaction than bitcoin, 4x coins will be in circulation and it's also 1000x more slow to brute force cracking attempts by employing an scrypt algorithm rather than plain SHA. Once the idea was spread with Bitcoin, and because its open source as code, people could build upon it and make new stuff that enhance the functionality of the network or improve upon the first prototype. There are some alternate coins out there which are impressive in how they improve. One of them is presenting a distributed name server system on top of the bitcoin protocol (namecoin). In this way an alternative domain system (domains = wingmakers.com, cnn.com, etc) that allows the internet to operate without a central authority on domains (like ICANN) is established. Other coins employ like 7 different algorithms of encryption for maximum safety, others are trying to crowdsource funding or make something a distributed stock market (!) etc. It's like people were given a platform to develop upon and they are embracing the new opportunities.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:35 pm 
Posting Freak

I really appreciate the research that you are sharing, and your understanding of the concept, and by addressing my concerns you have convinced me that this is something that I can support ... It certainly has its advantages over what the Bankster offer and obviously has generated a lot of interest in a short amount of time - Bitcoin will be the "template" - but most potential investors will not budge until it becomes as easy as buying PMs (anonymously)

my "programing" insists that I associate it with "the black market" ... but intuitively, I KNOW that it is perfectly legal - people can and will invest their energy in anything they please, whether they understand it or not - it certainly appeals to me, as a better investment than Gold or Silver - which typically you have to be willing to "hoard" for twenty years - it just sits there, doing nothing, and you go without things that it could buy now (that will also increase in price) waiting til you feel more secure about spending ... the way I understand it, bitcoins generate commerce - between private citizens in a global market. The PM markets are revealing, that most of the world's "disposable income" is being invested in PMs - to protect one's wealth - while at the same time, their "wealth" has depreciated 50% in the past year - as you point out- it is all rigged to keep the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer - by hoarding wealth, less and less money is in circulation = no jobs - and the inflation that "hoarding wealth" has caused is beginning to affect our personal way of life - around the world

Bitcoin, and the like, have the potential keep the markets free - not just private, they absolutely cut out the middleman - and your local "Uncle Sam" (at the moment) I am sure that the concept will evolve and morph into something that everyone can accept (even Korp AmeriKer)- the elite certainly have accumulate enough wealth by now, to give them time to adapt to working for a living (eventually) the majority of us seem to enjoy contributing to a better future than the one they have envisioned for Humanity.

so what is your recommendation for someone interested in contributing to investing in the global economy - that is more accustomed to "hatching" golden eggs - instead of eating them fresh as Nature intended ...personally, I see this as an opportunity to "put my money where my mouth is" when I says I trust my fellow man to save itself - by releasing its dependency on "the Collective, Central System" - it represents the first step out of that black hole ... even if it is still a bit unstable - it gives us a choice that wasn't available before.

at this moment in time, hoarding PMs seems self-defeating - the "elite", no doubt took a huge hit last year but their "old gold" maintained its profit margins - in contrast, almost everyone who tried to "save" their wealth (in the past two years) got a GI hair cut from the ilks of Jamie Diamond who, no doubt made up his losses on paper gold, with Food Stamp Revenues ...

if the "first point" of this concept is unifying - if it continues to allow us to release our dependency upon the established (Central/Collective) System and off the Money/Power grid and offers us more personal Independence - then we must assume that it IS an idea who's time has come to materialize the next evolutionary stage of "currency" ... or our personal energy's "self-worth" in the future . I am very interested in this concept as a first step towards financial independence, which seems to be where a bridge is needed the most and the last "tie" to the Heirarchies . I have some lazy silver rounds that could be working for me instead of getting tarnished in a drawer -this is a (bloodless) revolution that I can support - even in its "geeky" stage I can grasp its potential to keep us afloat ... here is a website that list all the places you can buy bit coins - locally - pretty impressive

https://localbitcoins.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:47 pm 

starduster wrote:
I really appreciate the research that you are sharing, and your understanding of the concept, and by addressing my concerns you have convinced me that this is something that I can support ... It certainly has its advantages over what the Bankster offer and obviously has generated a lot of interest in a short amount of time - Bitcoin will be the "template" - but most potential investors will not budge until it becomes as easy as buying PMs (anonymously)

Just to state something here, from my perspective: I'm not trying to increase support towards Bitcoins, I'm simply sharing my observation that this could very well be a work of Lyricus / have Lyricus involvement in it. In my view, the fingerprints of Lyricus are all over this new global digital currency / platform / system of payments with no intermediaries.

Will BTC be pitted against PMs? Will it be used for hedging PM investment? Will it be used and then taken down through unforeseen circumstances, only for something like Bitcoin 2.0 to arise? Will it simply be a template for something else that will become the dominant internet currency? I don't really know, on a conscious level, and therefore I can't tell anyone where to put their money.

Quote:
my "programing" insists that I associate it with "the black market" ... but intuitively, I KNOW that it is perfectly legal - people can and will invest their energy in anything they please, whether they understand it or not - it certainly appeals to me, as a better investment than Gold or Silver - which typically you have to be willing to "hoard" for twenty years - it just sits there, doing nothing, and you go without things that it could buy now (that will also increase in price) waiting til you feel more secure about spending

Another thing: Gold has a tendency of being barred from private exchanging/selling when governments have problems with their own currencies. It can also be confiscated. I think it has happened in the US also in the '30s.

Quote:
... the way I understand it, bitcoins generate commerce - between private citizens in a global market.

It facilitates commerce, better than any existing currency or online payment system.

Quote:
The PM markets are revealing, that most of the world's "disposable income" is being invested in PMs - to protect one's wealth - while at the same time, their "wealth" has depreciated 50% in the past year - as you point out- it is all rigged to keep the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer - by hoarding wealth, less and less money is in circulation = no jobs - and the inflation that "hoarding wealth" has caused is beginning to affect our personal way of life - around the world

Personally I wouldn't abandon PMs. I still like them and find them fascinating. But can they rise in prices with a bang, all the while being suppressed? I don't know. There would have to be an epic squeeze in the physical product to make the paper contracts collapse. But even if prices go, say, 10x... if the annually mined gold (2500t) now cost something like 80-90bn dollars, then who is gonna have the purchasing power to buy the 2500 tons when these cost 10x (900 bn dollars)? It's a question I've been asking myself and I don't see who would have that kind of money. Not private parties, nor countries come to mind.

Quote:
so what is your recommendation for someone interested in contributing to investing in the global economy - that is more accustomed to "hatching" golden eggs - instead of eating them fresh as Nature intended ...personally, I see this as an opportunity to "put my money where my mouth is" when I says I trust my fellow man to save itself - by releasing its dependency on "the Collective, Central System" - it represents the first step out of that black hole ... even if it is still a bit unstable - it gives us a choice that wasn't available before.

I would say that anything that is pushing them to be more "honest" is good. Whether it's converting our worthless paper money into PMs (that we take physical delivery of), or alternative currencies like Bitcoin, is better than supporting their money system. The only reason they haven't banned gold sales in the West is because people are not that much interested as in the East, where India has now implemented import and purchasing controls when people started turning their devaluing rupees into gold, en mass.

Quote:
at this moment in time, hoarding PMs seems self-defeating

Key word: "seems". Who knows what'll happen if their manipulation scheme through paper contracts faces difficulties? What I know, for sure, is this: There is something weird, perhaps even metaphysical, about gold. Its weight is mind-blowing (almost 3 times the weight of iron). Its color is unique (the only metal to be colored besides copper). Its nature is almost incorruptible. Yet it is of limited use in industry because it's not the best conductor (silver is), nor the most reflective (silver is), nor the most incorruptible (platinum is better), nor the heaviest (osmium, platinum, irridium are heavier), nor the hardest or the softest, nor acts as a catalyst like silver, platinum etc. It is also not the rarest (2500 tons per year mined - when other rare metals have like a few tons) nor the most expensive (platinum and other metals are more expensive).

So why is it that there is so much fascination with gold? Humanity is missing something... some knowledge about the actual properties of gold and why it was sought after since the ancient years.

I don't think it's a coincidence that there is a very frequent mentioning of gold (and silver) all around the WMM. One thing that particularly impressed me was the entity Burkhan I think, in quantusum, which was paid in gold and silver, despite being from another dimension (!). Same with Anmael headquarters in the Dohrman with all that gold. Seems like gold has value not only in this dimension (Weather Composer = bartering with gold) but to others as well. The question is why? What is it that gold provides and we don't know about? Is it a spiritual catalyst, instead of a chemical catalyst? Is it that it has some vibratory properties that are good for the masses and thus it has to be hoarded and barred from them? Is it something else? What is it? It can't be totally "useless", otherwise why would there be such an effort to extract it? Is it merely that humanity is repeating an ancient mining pattern as set forth by the Annunaki? And if yes, what did they want the gold anyway?

Gold is a real mystery at this point of time -at least to us- and as such its real value is unknown, no matter what the ticker says about its "price".

Quote:
if the "first point" of this concept is unifying - if it continues to allow us to release our dependency upon the established (Central/Collective) System and off the Money/Power grid and offers us more personal Independence - then we must assume that it IS an idea who's time has come to materialize the next evolutionary stage of "currency" ... or our personal energy's "self-worth" in the future . I am very interested in this concept as a first step towards financial independence, which seems to be where a bridge is needed the most and the last "tie" to the Heirarchies . I have some lazy silver rounds that could be working for me instead of getting tarnished in a drawer -this is a (bloodless) revolution that I can support - even in its "geeky" stage I can grasp its potential to keep us afloat ... here is a website that list all the places you can buy bit coins - locally - pretty impressive

https://localbitcoins.com

My personal approach to this has been the following: I bought 2 graphic cards which have quite a fast processor on them, which can be used for "mining" the coins over the network. The mining is simply a function of contributing processing power to the network. Those who help the network get a proportionate amount of the new coins which are issued by the network itself - until it reaches its predetermined higher limit.

Now with these cards I did Litecoin mining (which can be converted to Bitcoins through exchanges). It was a risk-free approach, in the sense that the used cards will lose no significant value, and that the electricity cost for operating the cards/PCs was also being used for producing heat during the winter - therefore there was no real waste. For the summer that can be another issue altogether though. Actually I stumbled upon one more revolutionary impact that these virtual currencies can have: They can offer free heating to humanity for the first time (!). If the mining process, say, requires 300w for one PC and 3 kilowatt for 10 pcs, these 3 kilowatts actually produce 3kw of heat also. But at the same time not only are you making back the money for the electricity, but are also making a profit.

The mining process is quite complex though and requires technical skills to setup. Even that is no guarantee of success (as I said, it's in geeky stages, not plug & play stuff).

Would I sell my silver rounds? Well I don't know. Silver is undervalued, and as for Bitcoin's price I have no idea what its fair value is. It could be 100, it could be 1000, it could be 10.000 or 100.000 if we factor hoarding, speculation and difficulty in mining. Therefore I can't suggest anything on this on what other people should do with their money. I love both PMs and cryptocurrencies, one may as well have both. Max Keiser, as I've seen him on his show the other day, suggests holding both PMs and Bitcoins as a hedge for PM price manipulation.

What I suggest, is, if you want to engage in it currently, to first download the bitcoin client and see what it is. This thing downloads something like 15gb of all the transactions that have been made since its inception. Learn about the wallets and stuff, and then play with some small amount like 0.001 or 0.01. You don't want to buy, say, 1 BTC and then lose it by a deleted file, or a hacked PC. So you have to do some familiarization first. Then you can scale up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:11 pm 
Posting Freak

not to worry Alex ... I am not going to rush to trade in my rounds, to purchase a bitcoin ... but this discussion has cleared up a lot of things I just couldn't resolve on my own ... 'fraid I will be one of the ones who wait till they get more of the geekyness ironed out ... before I feel confident about bitcoins ... at this stage of "the revolution" they seem to be simply seeing how many people are willing to use an alternative currency ... not "owned" (manipulated or dominated) by Korp Am or the World Bank - and apparently there are a LOT of them

it also reminded me that if my local coin dealer were to close up shop ... I would be S.O.L. - because you can't "spend" gold or silver (yet) - as you pointed out earlier - without someone to "buy" your PMs ... they might as well be rocks.

ran across this article today ... which shows that the interest is HIGH even among conservative investors - but that could be because it appears to be a good place to invest ... but once it levels out - the "speculators" may move on ... this article may sway a lot of people to get on that bandwagon at the starting point...

Goldman Sachs Director to Join Board of Bitcoin Startup Circle
Jon Southurst (@southtopia) | Published on December 28, 2013 at 12:09 GMT | Companies, Exchanges, News, Startups

Goldman Sachs board member M. Michele Burns is joining the board of new bitcoin payment processor Circle Internet Financial, becoming the latest representative from the worlds of big finance and investing to show an interest in digital currency.

The move represents a possible greater acceptance of bitcoin in the US in the financial mainstream, at a time when other large countries are attempting to block or caution against its use.

Burns is also a Director at Cisco Systems Inc., and previously sat on the board at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Her involvement in the finance industry goes back to 1981, and she has also been Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of insurance brokerage Marsh & McLennan, and Chairman and CEO of consultancy firm Mercer.

She has also supported Democratic politicians Al Gore and Hillary Clinton, sits on the Boards of Trustees at the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and the Elton John AIDS Foundation, and is a Strategic Advisor at the Stanford Center on Longevity.

Circle has been a favorite with big investors since its launch last October, making headlines with the largest ever Series A investment in a bitcoin company of $9m from well-known tech investors such as Jim Breyer, Accel Partners and General Catalyst Partners.

Part of the appeal is Circle’s CEO Jeremy Allaire, previously CEO of online video platform Brightcove and Allaire Corporation, creator of the ColdFusion development language before its acquisition by Macromedia in 2001.

He has described bitcoin as “a totally transformational technology” that could be as significant as email or Skype. Circle aims to be a business and regulator-friendly payment processor similar to BitPay and Coinbase, but has not fully unveiled its services as yet.

Allaire also fronted the US Senate Committee hearings on bitcoin in November, saying bitcoin had to live with the realities of a regulatory environment, but also suggesting the regulatory burden on financial services was too high when compared to other startups in the tech sector.

this link includes a lot of Bitcoin vids as well ... http://www.coindesk.com/goldman-sachs-director-board-bitcoin-startup-circle/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CoinDesk+%28CoinDesk+-+The+Voice+of+Digital+Currency%29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:02 pm 
Posting Freak

on second thought ... after reading "56% of Bitcoiners Believe the Bitcoin Price Will Reach $10,000 in 2014" maybe I will go buy one ... haha, there was a moment (last year) when bitcoins were higher than an oz of gold ... and that really makes you think about its potential even harder ... I sure would hate to mis out on that investment opportunity ... in the three days that we have been discussing it, it has gone up over a hundred bucks ...!

I started stacking rounds back when I was still living in the RV ... picking them up for around ten bucks a piece ... so even at today's rates, I doubled my money , but the cost of living has risen as well and from this point on, they won't buy as much as they did ten years ago (when I bought them) .... I do have to wonder if others aren't thinking like me --- that bitcoin may keep the PMs low - in fact they may even go lower if the demand switches suddenly to bitcoin ... which seems highly likely, considering its short but sky-rocketing history ... but in order for that to happen they have to K.I.S.S for the consumers because very few people still have "disposable" money ... reminds me of the first "wireless" phones - and then the bulky first "cell phones" - that very few bought, until they became more practical ... and now everyone has one - it could happen... people are sick of being robbed by the banksters.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:20 am 
Posting Freak

EFF Challenges New Jersey Subpoena Issued to MIT Student Bitcoin Developers

As the popularity of Bitcoins has increased, government officials are concerned about criminal activity associated with the virtual currency. But a recent subpoena issued by the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs to 19-year-old Bitcoin developer and MIT student Jeremy Rubin goes too far, and we're fighting back by moving to quash it.

Rubin and some other MIT classmates developed a computer code called Tidbit for the Node Knockout Hackathon in November 2013. Tidbit uses a client's computer to mine for Bitcoins as an alternative to website advertising: in exchange for removing ads from a website, a user would give some CPU cycles to mine for Bitcoins instead. Tidbit was clearly presented as a proof of concept, with the developers making clear the code was configured not to mine for Bitcoins. That's because in addition to refining the code, they needed to work out the legal details, like drafting a terms of service, and the ethical details, like making sure there was a way for users to opt-in to the service so their computers weren't being used to mine Bitcoins without their knowledge. Tidbit won the Node Knockout award for innovation and the students thought they were on their way to continuing with their project.

But in December, the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs issued a subpoena to Rubin, requesting he turn over Tidbit's past and current source code, as well as other documents and agreements with any third parties. It also issued 27 interrogatories -- formal written questions -- requesting additional documents and ordering Rubin to turn over information like the names and identities of all Bitcoin wallet addresses associated with Tidbit, a list of all websites running Tidbit's code and the name of anybody whose computer mined for Bitcoins through the use of Tidbit, although Tidbit's code was not configured to mine for Bitcoins.

Tidbit asked us for help and we agreed to represent Rubin and Tidbit. We explained to the New Jersey Attorney General that Tidbit's code as configured was incapable of mining for Bitcoins, meaning it could not provide much of the information requested in the subpoena. Plus, New Jersey had no jurisdiction to issue a subpoena to Rubin, who lived in Massachusetts, or Tidbit, which had no connections to New Jersey at all; the server housing the code is not located in New Jersey and Tidbit didn't do anything to target New Jersey users specifically. When the state still insisted Tidbit comply with the subpoena, we moved to quash it in New Jersey state court with the help of attorney Frank Corrado.

We've raised three arguments why the subpoena should be quashed. First, New Jersey's attempt to use state law to regulate Internet activity occurring outside of its borders violates the Dormant Commerce Clause. When it comes to software freely available and accessible anywhere on the Internet, states have to be very careful to only regulate conduct that occurs within its geographical borders. New Jersey is doing more than just investigating local websites or code stored in the state. Instead, its investigation suggests an attempt to target out-of-state conduct, a power the Constitution specifically reserves for Congress.

Second, since neither Tidbit or Rubin have sufficient contacts with New Jersey, the state cannot exercise personal jurisdiction over either. Rubin is not a New Jersey resident and Tidbit's source code is not stored in the state. While New Jersey can certainly exercise personal jurisdiction over local websites or individuals in New Jersey with sufficient contacts to the state, it cannot do that here with Rubin or Tidbit.

Finally, we explain that if the subpoena is allowed to stand, Rubin should be granted immunity from prosecution for any code or documents he is required to turn over and for any answers to interrogatories he must give. Both the Fifth Amendment and New Jersey state law prohibit the government from compelling someone to testify against themselves. The state has already made clear it believes Rubin and Tidbit are in violation of New Jersey's Consumer Fraud Act. The state recently used consumer protection laws to secure a $1 million settlement from a gambling website that turned its users' computers into a botnet to mine for Bitcoins without the users' knowledge. It appears the state suspects Tidbit of something similar here, despite the fact Tidbit's code was only a proof of concept that could not mine for Bitcoins, and despite the fact Tidbit was clearly not planning to develop code that mined without a user's knowledge and consent.

Some of the interrogatories also suggest that New Jersey believes Rubin and Tidbit are in violation of criminal hacking laws. One interrogatory asks Rubin to provide a list of all instances where Tidbit and websites using the code "accessed consumer computers without express written authorization or accessed consumer computers beyond what was authorized." That language comes from New Jersey's computer fraud act, which, in turn, is modeled after the federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. Since the subpoena is clearly demanding Rubin incriminate himself by opening himself to both civil and criminal liability, the privilege against self incrimination applies and he should be given immunity if ordered to comply with the subpoena.

We've seen firsthand the power imbalance when the government zealously pursues young innovators at MIT with harsh laws. New Jersey absolutely has a right to investigate fraudulent consumer practices within the state, but burdening out-of-state college students with broad subpoenas—and suggesting Tidbit is liable for activity beyond its control—isn't the way to do that.

The court should set a hearing sometime at the end of February where we're hopeful the subpoena will be quashed.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/02/e ... developers

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:23 am 
Posting Freak

Thank You, Bitcoin Community

This week, the Electronic Frontier Foundation received a generous donation of 726 bitcoins – worth $95,070.73 in United States dollars. See the blockchain transaction here.

This is in addition to over $7,000 USD we've received through Bitcoin donations in the last couple weeks.

We wanted to extend our heartfelt appreciation to the Bitcoin community for its steadfast support of our work and explain the unique story behind this particular donation. Above all, we want to commit to using this donation to promote liberty in the digital world. We’ll be using this money to support our impact litigation, advocacy, and technical projects that defend individual privacy, combat government surveillance, support free expression, and promote innovation.

Where did this money come from?

This donation is actually the result of many different donors who helped support our work when we were briefly accepting bitcoins in 2011. At the time, the community donated around 3,505 BTC to us. (Rumors that we received a donation of 20,000 BTC are false.) After further examination of the issue, we decided to to stop accepting Bitcoin donations and to dispose of the collected funds.

Rather than simply destroy these bitcoins, we chose to return them to the Bitcoin community via the Bitcoin Faucet – a gradual dissemination that would not inadvertently upset the market. The Bitcoin Faucet, run by lead Bitcoin developer Gavin Andresen, is a community service that dispenses a small percentage of a bitcoin to site visitors every twenty-four hours. It is a way for new Bitcoin users to practice setting up a wallet and learn about this digital currency. For over a year, the EFF bitcoins helped fuel the Bitcoin Faucet.

However, several months ago the Bitcoin Faucet was closed down due to repeated problems with attempted fraud.

Some of these remaining bitcoins were used to reimburse Bitcoin mining pools that suffered financial losses during a blockchain fork. Additionally, about 150 BTC of Faucet funds were also given to the Minecraft Faucet and the "Exchange Reddit Karma for Bitcoins" project.

However, there were still over 700 bitcoins remaining from EFF’s original contribution, and no easy way to redistribute them equitably to the Bitcoin community.

Recently, EFF announced that we will resume Bitcoin donations on our website, using an intermediary service called BitPay. Gavin Andresen then returned all of these remaining bitcoins to us, stating:

I’m satisfied to see these bitcoins will be used as they were intended – as a donation to support the work of the Electronic Frontier Foundation. The Bitcoin Faucet was happy to receive the funds, but we are particularly glad to see them used as they were originally intended.

Due to changes in the price of a bitcoin, the value of these bitcoins is as much as or more than EFF would have received if we had sold all of the coins we originally received soon after they were first donated.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/05/t ... -community

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:27 am 
Posting Freak

Bitcoin - a Step Toward Censorship-Resistant Digital Currency

A few weeks ago, we mentioned a rather unusual technological endeavor to create an online currency. We received a few queries about this subject, so decided to provide a more thorough description of what digital currency is, how this system works, why it's appealing and how it might fall short of user expectations.

To understand digital currency, one must first note that money in the digital age has moved from a largely anonymous system to one increasingly laden with tracking, control and regulatory overhead. Our cold hard cash is now shepherded through a series of regulated financial institutions like banks, credit unions and lenders. Bitcoin, created in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, is a peer-to-peer digital currency system that endeavors to re-establish both privacy and autonomy by avoiding the banking and government middlemen. The goal is to allow individuals and merchants to generate and exchange modern money directly. Once the Bitcoin software has been downloaded, a user can store Bitcoins and exchange them directly with other users or merchants — without the currency being verified by a third party such as a bank or government. It uses a unique system to prevent multiple-spending of each coin, which makes it an interesting development in the movement toward digital cash systems.

The model proposed by Bitcoin is in many ways a response to some of the privacy and autonomy concerns surrounding our current financial system. Current money systems now increasingly come with monitoring of financial transactions and blocking of financial anonymity. A peer-to-peer currency could theoretically offer an alternative to the bank practices that increasingly include sharing information on their customers who don't actively opt-out, and who may even then be able to share data with affiliates and joint marketers. Bitcoin is particularly interesting in the wake of recent events that demonstrated how financial institutions can make political decisions in whom they service, showcased by the decisions of PayPal, Visa, Mastercard and Bank of America to cut off services to Wikileaks. Bitcoin, if it were to live up to the dreams of its creators, might offer the kind of anonymity and freedom in the digital environment we associate with cash used in the offline world.

But Bitcoin's current implementation won't resolve all of the issues surrounding autonomy and privacy. Notably, the anonymity on Bitcoin is not entirely secure at this time, which makes its merits as a more private form of currency tenuous at best. There are also other weaknesses to the system, some significant, which should be understood before using Bitcoin. And as of this writing, Bitcoin can't be used to donate to Wikileaks. But even more important than these concerns is the fact that governments around the world may raise legal issues with any digital cash scheme — ranging from money laundering to tax evasion to a range of other regulatory concerns. Nonetheless, Bitcoin is an intriguing project and worth watching to see how it develops in the coming years.

While Bitcoin is relatively young, digital currencies have been around a long time. Digicash, released in 1994, is considered a pioneer of electronic cash using cryptography to maintain anonymity. The Ripple currency project relies on interpersonal relationships to allow communities to create their own money systems (which is similar to the Local Exchange Trading System). There is also the anonymous digital cash system eCache, which can only be accessed via the anonymous onion routing network Tor. There are also numerous other digital money projects that have been proposed over the years; Bitcoin is just the newest chapter in the ongoing effort to create wholly digital currency.

Bitcoin is not challenging to use. Anyone can go online and start generating Bitcoins. The computer creates a coin by dedicating CPU power to solving a mathematical problem; every time the problem is solved, a Bitcoin is generated and another problem is offered up. The total number of Bitcoins will approach 21,000,000 over time. Learn more.

Perhaps the most interesting dimension of the Bitcoin project is its unorthodox approach to fraud prevention. Traditional currency systems have relied on trusted third parties to verify that the same unit of currency is not exchanged multiple times. For example, when you make a purchase with your credit card, the credit card company adjusts your available balance. Bitcoin addresses this problem without a third party by making all transactions public. As Bitcoin developer Gavin Andresen explained, every coin has a digital signature attached to it for every transaction that takes place; each time the coin is exchanged, another signature is added. If two coins appear identical, the one that was accepted by the Bitcoin network first is considered valid. Even though the transactions are public, the individuals tied to the transactions are anonymous. This is similar to how the stock exchange makes stock values public without disclosing individual owners. See the technical paper: Bitcoin: a Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System.

It's too early to say whether Bitcoin will be a success. Any new currency system faces an uphill battle, both technically and legally. The worth of Bitcoins, if the system ever gets wide adoption, will be based on an ever-fluctuating market value. Merchants will need to accept Bitcoins as a placeholder for goods and services, just like any other form of currency. This has been a barrier to other digital cash options historically, so it's difficult to know whether Bitcoin will be better prepared to face these challenges. But many believe that there's a need for decentralized currency system, and Bitcoin certainly is a step toward censorship-resistant digital currency. Bitcoins can already be used to make purchases and can even be donated to a few of your favorite charities — including EFF.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/01/b ... -resistant

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:07 pm 
Posting Freak

very interesting developments in the Bit-coin world

http://halfpasthuman.com/audio/wujo/clifswujo2142014btc.mp3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:48 pm 

If bitcoins are an implant of the LTO.
I want nothing to do with either as I see them as Animus not WingMaker.
Sorry Alex to disagree with you.
Interesting First Source likes the challenge of seeing both sides.
But virual currency like virual reality just not right.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:40 pm 

And ...paper money (worth nothing intrinsically) is right? Isn't it virtual value since it's backed by nothing - just like monopoly money?

Dollars are issued as debt. That means the FED lends freshly printed paper to commercial banks or the government which then either spend it or lend it to us. Everyone receiving these worthless papers must repay them with interest - with paper money that doesn't exist. That makes you borrow some more, until the bank decides to reduce liquidity making you suffer a liquidity crisis. And then, in order to pay back what you took, they'll take your tangible assets.

This is the modern story with the natives and the mirrors. People are given paper and they then experience confiscation of tangible assets.

This is the current system. The Elite, per Neruda, want to go to a system of centralized one-digital-currency where they can monitor for patterns and control the population.

A centralized digital currency means that the Elite will be able to monitor, control and enslave the population.

They can monitor everything because all transactions will be passing through them.
They can control you directly by disallowing you to transact / freezing your digital funds, if you are a bad boy that does not obey their rules.
They can enslave you by controlling the money supply and transaction fees & taxes, eating your capital by a slight chunk at each transaction. For example if you move a 100$ back and forth 100 times, and they get like 1$ fees, then by the 100th time they'll have 100$. On a planetary scale the billions of transactions will ensure that they will become rich at people's expense, even with 0.1% fees/taxes etc.

Bitcoin pre-empted this centralized scheme by being decentralized and having no need for some "authority" to regulate or take your money from the transactions. Nobody will shut you off from being allowed to spend your electronic money and nobody will enslave you. Additionally the money supply is not regulated by greedy individuals but by the algorithm that has been pre-programmed on the network itself (21m bitcoins and that's it - no +1 trillion USD per year).

I don't understand how giving the economy back to the people instead of the bankers is "Animus", nor do I understand why the current system or the future system of enslavement that they envision is in any way better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:09 am 
Posting Freak

Hey Alex it's very interesting in the Canadian city I live, which accepts bitcoins and actually has machines you can buy them from. Right now they are worth a few hundred per coin and expected to be in the thousands in about a year or so. A good investment to make now here. And as you say UNcentralized by some banking so called authority. You bet I'm investing in bitcoins.

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:09 am 

Well, I'm simply saying how I'm thinking of this whole issue, not advocating for anyone to buy anything since we have no clue what's going to happen with the price, or if it will endure without any catastrophic failures in its operation that will be fixed, say, in a second or third re-incarnation. Too many unknowns involved. If it was priced like it was in the early 2013 (near 10-20$) there would be not much to lose really, so. But then again its current price may be cheap in say 2 years if everything goes well. Who knows.

Btw, if you are planning to own some, what is needed 100%, for most people who are not tech-savy, is a way to secure them in safety, without being compromised by viruses, keyloggers etc etc, nor in the trust of a 3rd party who may go bust for following fractional reserve practices or by getting hacked/robbed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:46 am 
Posting Freak

remember a few years back - there was a you-tube vid about a guy who call for Pizza delivery - and once he was 'identified' by his credit card - he was told he couldn't have the type of pizza that he requested - because his records indicated that his dr had him on a low fat diet so they couldn't sell him the meat lovers pizza he wanted (or something like that) - well we won't be laughing about that when they make money digital and track every dime - and you are on their "budget" = we will all be on food stamps and you can bet that the only products that you are allowed to purchase - is what THEY produce... which no doubt, in my mind, will soon become genetically modified Soylent Green for the masses.

The Elite have always used gold for their currency ... and that isn't going to change even if the world goes digital - they live in a different world - that demands sacks of gold for entrance. Once free markets are declared illegal and barter is a crime - there won't be any place to spend your alternate currency - you won't be able to purchase it with digital money . They are already jailing people who grow their own gardens or milk their own cows and share the surplus but do you believe for one moment that they eat anything less than organic Kosher food ? They know better than to go outside in the irradiated atmosphere, their air is filtered, and so is their water - if things get scary out, they have safe havens where they can weather the storms in grace and ease - they are not the least bit concerned about what goes on in our world -

once again we are faced with a choice - accept the new genetically altered HI built for slaves - or change your model of existence

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:53 am 

Ok so one can buy bitcoins with the current worthless paper money?? Then to me it seems like a paradox if I ever saw one. Well then what would stop central banks from buying all the bitcoins they wanted with all of their Monopoly money? Then there would be no bitcoins because they could buy them all up anonymously and simply not use them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:59 am 

There is no greater currency than love lived through the expression and practice of the heart virtues. No need to hoard, stockpile or worry about money markets. Live from the heart and become the miracle to those who touch your life and it will have the snowball effect, no limited supply, it is endless and reciprocal.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:08 am 

Show me the algorithm of L.O.V.E. - Limitless Oscillating Vibrational Energy and I will show you the Source of us all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:50 am 
Posting Freak

gee, I hope you are right about that, Multiversal - but James has told us - and its even in the new website, that "Love is not sufficient" ... we have the Creator's unconditional love flowing to us incessantly already - what could be more powerful than that? - but we still have a choice - to share it or not - and history and our programing have encouraged us to support INequality ... and to ignore the circumstances of our neighbors as what they deserve (Karma) - What is different about NOW ? Do you have neighbors that will share with you, when your family runs out of food? or are you going to have to go to a FEMA kamp - where they will split up families - if you want to eat their Frankenfood.

Lindsey Williams, tells us that there WILL be food in the stores - but very few will have money to buy it ... same goes for the prescription drugs that many have become dependent - if not addicted on ... To be on the "digital dole" you will have to be productive ... or of some use to them - its not going to be like Welfare or Unemployment - where you get paid for living - and can spend your money where ever you please and go to a food bank if you spend it foolishly ... the new world order is not going to support what they judge as "useless eaters" and they have already made it clear, that they only need 500 mil people to maintain their current life styles ... what talent do you have that they would be willing to pay you for and will it be enough to support your family ?

I have zero reasons to believe that they will be crediting my account - I am not going to be dependent upon the good will of psychopaths or desperate neighbors -
We have been told, that the realization of our First Point requires Independence (self-responsibility) and a relationship with Nature ... money IMO is just for those who are still playing "the game" - the rest of us will be responsible for our own self-created reality - and will depend upon how prepared we are to BE Independent.