WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Talking
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:45 pm 

Hi SD,

Quote:
not judging Nathan, pointing out and dealing with his behavior is neither judging or condemning ... just making everyone aware of his agenda here ... most individuals do not go where they are not welcomed, and been banned ... but not Nathan... he NEEDS the WMF to recruit followers from (like you)

If you read the post "again" from a "different perspective" you may see something/someone different ... that may not be "following" another <smiling>.

A "serious" question ...

Inside the "event string" of this thread ... are you "following" through "replying"?

Love

Phoenix

PS: one of my favorite "sayings" ... paraphrased from (an admittedly poor) memory ...

Have you seen them? ... where did they go? ... what are they doing? ... are they OK? ... I am their leader ... I can't find them! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:58 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
well, Phoenix, been pretty pre-occupied with my dad lately, he went to Death yesterday ... come in here and find Nathan translating the WMMs to Newbies, giving them that "special" twist - acting as if he knows what he is talking about ... and his faithful sidekick Seed, trying to justify and defend his deception... because I refuse to ignore it ... so I figure, I must need more practice, and he presents the opportunity to express Valor, every time he posts ... and you know me, by now, and that I take every opportunity available to practice the Heart Virtues ...

It doesn't really matter to me, how you perceive my "practice" ... whether you recognize its authenticity or not ... or how genuine my desire to do the compassionate thing, which is to share KNOWledge / new intelligence with the newbies ... you had the choice to take that opportunity to practice Valor too, but instead you chose to try change the focus to me -"walking the talk" ... perhaps the creator of this topic might appreciate seeing the difference between Talking and discussing the WMMs, which is the intent of this forum ... and how that is done by responsible members who appreciate this forum's unique purpose.

Are you suggesting that I ignore the fact that Nathan was banned from this forum? and that his presence here is disruptive and deceptive... and that it is an expression of disrespect for the purpose and intent of this forum ? Do you equate Forgiveness with Ignore-ance? Just what are you suggesting? That I ignore the opportunity made available to us all, to practice Valor ... or that it is not Valor to point out and deal with injustice? Not going to happen - because I am not here to "talk" about it ... I am here to experience what the WMMs have to offer :wink: and to put it into practice :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:46 pm 
Posting Freak

SD, If listening to another is following them, then i am a follower....and i follow everyone who writes on this board. If the tone is really repetitive, i may skim a bit....Some posts are like that, like a record stuck in a groove....mind looping, over and over.....and over. If the tone is heartfelt resonant and inviting, i listen more carefully, and if inspired to, i may even respond out loud!..... I know those who just shout the same thing over and over, or just talk to hear themselves talk don't really want to converse with me anyway....that's okay.

If Nathan or anyone else's expressions here are disturbing to you...then yes please ignore them. It's not impolite....there's even a button for that! It just displays your preferences. Let the Newbie's do the same, show some respect and let them choose for themselves what they are interested in.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:57 pm 

Quote:
well, Phoenix, been pretty pre-occupied with my dad lately, he went to Death yesterday ...

Sorry to hear that SD. I know from my own personal experience that no matter what we may each "feel" about death ... it certainly has an "effect" and for me the death of my parents (both of them) was a time for real reflection. My mother was more connected to my "heart" and passed away about a year or so ago ... my father was more connected to my "mind" and passed away quite a few years ago. The effect of the death of each of them was very different.

Quote:
It doesn't really matter to me, how you perceive my "practice" ... whether you recognize its authenticity or not ... or how genuine my desire to do the compassionate thing, which is to share KNOWledge / new intelligence with the newbies

The comments in my post weren't directed to or at you except to say that I "perceived" Tolsap's post in a different way than you did and did not perceive that he was "following" in the way you seemed to mean it. This brought to mind questions about the nature of "following" itself. I also wasn't "suggesting" anything but was genuinely curious how you perceive "following". My "quote" in the PS was about what I perceive all around me in many different ways (including in myself). It was the "humor" I find inside cluelessness which we all (IMO) contain within us at times.

I have been "following" this thread as well as all the others in the sense that I read them all. I also follow some more closely in the sense of replying ... including this one now. In some cases I reply to (follow) individual posts ... and in some cases ... I follow the thread as a whole. To me these are all "variations" of following and I was curious what you thought about this ... thus the question to you. I find in other words that I am sometimes "entrained" more by individual posts and sometimes more by a thread as a whole or its "flow" ... and both of these I perceive as forms of following ... regardless of whether I may or may not agree with (another form of following) what is being posted. Sometimes I follow a "tone" and sometimes an expression. Within all these "forms of following" I follow my own preferences in terms of how I decide to reply.

As you probably know ... I have been replying to (following) several of Nathan's posts in the "original voice" thread and since I find many of his posts rather humorous and filled with contradiction ... I reply in kind and "point to" the contradictions which I perceive as humorous. I find these kinds of obvious contradictions humorous when I find them in myself (or my posts) just as much as I do when I "find" them in others. They are FS's sense of ironic humor expressed through all the "personalities" of this forum including my own. They are "single" or sometimes "running commentaries" on what is being said rather than the person who is saying it although the fine line is sometimes difficult to perceive (even in myself).

His replies indicate that he sometimes perceives these types of replies as an attack (or so he says in some posts) when for me they are a form of play within a "tone" of playful expression. It makes no difference to me how my replies are perceived since that too is part of the humor and even self reflection for me. Sometimes you too perceive them (my replies) as a form of "personal comment" when I reply to you but I usually do my best to reply to content and what I perceive in it since I know little about the actual people here outside of what I may sense in their patterns of expression. In the case of that thread, my recent posts (there and in some other threads that it "spread to") are a playful exploration into the "expressions of Nathan" or "others" that sometimes choose to operate in "tandem" with him which I can also recognize inside myself and which for me becomes a playground for self exploration "through" the humorous (IMO) medium of Nathan's and other "connected" posts. This is probably why I relate to Tolsap's recognition of the humor in Nathan's posts because in my own way I see it too.

I believe that if anything ... valor is a form of recognition that Nathan's forms of expression ... along with yours ... and all others ... exists inside me as well (or I wouldn't be perceiving them). They are a UE reflection of what I "contain" within and I "reply" or "follow" them with this intent. In my UE ... nothing is "sacred" or "unworthy" of playing/dancing with. All contain expressions of LOVE regardless of what I may perceive in any of them.

I enjoy and appreciate your "practice" just like I do "Nathans" and all others on this forum. I recognize their "authenticity" (which also has many "layers") regardless of the "mood" with which I perceive them or the parts of me they may reflect. They are all part of the same "musical composition" and I can dance with any kind of music (although its true that I dance with some "types of music" better than with others :))

Love

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix823 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:12 pm 

This is off-topic but I must say in amazement.... Starduster, my father also died last night. I am very appreciative about my outlook on death and feel a deep joy for him.... he has been wanting this freedom for a long time.

Something interesting is that I have read your posts about your father in this forum from time to time and often thought 'we have the same father' :D .... they had similar characteristics. I have empathized with, and enjoyed what you have shared.

From my Heart to Yours....

Well....I suppose I'm not 'off-topic' :D