WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Close To Home
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:11 am 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

I have started this thread to put in items of interest happening in 'my world'

:)

Post subject: Re: Close To Home
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:15 am 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
They poured into the Great Hall in their hundreds, some draped in flags, others holding onto old photographs and memories of painful childhoods.

Close to 1,000 Forgotten Australians came together on Monday at Parliament House to hear the one word they have waited a lifetime to hear - "Sorry".

The cheers and applause reflected that of a footy grand final as Prime Minister Kevin Rudd and Opposition Leader Malcolm Turnbull arrived to deliver a bipartisan apology to an estimated half-a-million Forgotten Australians.

But the noise soon faded to quiet sobs as the audience relived their shared memories of childhoods spent inside the nation's orphanages and institutions.

A few yelled out for federal compensation and an end to the intervention in the Northern Territory, but most listened silently during the hour-long event.

Former child migrants, shipped from Britain after WWII, held up photographs of mothers they had managed to track down late in their adulthood, while others had images of the children's homes they had been so brutally abused in.

Some held letters written to brothers and sisters who they were forcibly separated from.

And others held flags of the nation whose policies failed to protect them, including survivor Debra Lowe who used hers to wipe her tears away.

As Rudd spoke, his wife Therese Rein put a comforting arm around Debra, who along with her siblings was taken from her mother, who later suicided from the grief.

The 47-year-old who sat on the ground in the front row said the apology and recognition meant the world to her.

"They are apologising for it and helping us to heal," she told AAP.

The audience was given a morning tea of lamingtons, and a keepsake bunch of wattle and bottlebrush.

And while the flowers will whittle away, the memories of November 16 will last forever.

It is always great to see the changes in how heirarchy used to be and how they are being now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:13 am 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
sorry to announce that there are no "changes" here in the Heirarchy... we are being marched through the Fourth Reich, by the descendants of Nazi, ... the Bankers are again fleecing the nation on a grand scale, and we await the arrival of the second world pandemic... not to forget WWIII at our doors.

children are still being stolen by the millions from their families from around the world...a million alone in the USA and UK (per year)... they have readied the new "camps" for us ... and the band plays on... a patriotic song.

One real change, that most haven't noticed yet, is how entire nations' DNA is being altered (by the Animus)... when you look at the UK you see cattle being driven by dogs...owned by Hybrids ... used to supply energy for the "gods" ... Oh, it's happening all over the globe, just not so obviously as in the Aussie motherland... suppose they deserve that for being so complacent and tolerant and not finding out after ten thousand life times who they really ARE... when they had the opportunity to do that and assist the species to REALize a New Era of Humanity.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:59 am 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

starduster wrote:
sorry to announce that there are no "changes" here in the Heirarchy... we are being marched through the Fourth Reich, by the descendants of Nazi, ... the Bankers are again fleecing the nation on a grand scale, and we await the arrival of the second world pandemic... not to forget WWIII at our doors.

children are still being stolen by the millions from their families from around the world...a million alone in the USA and UK (per year)... they have readied the new "camps" for us ... and the band plays on... a patriotic song.

One real change, that most haven't noticed yet, is how entire nations' DNA is being altered (by the Animus)... when you look at the UK you see cattle being driven by dogs...owned by Hybrids ... used to supply energy for the "gods" ... Oh, it's happening all over the globe, just not so obviously as in the Aussie motherland... suppose they deserve that for being so complacent and tolerant and not finding out after ten thousand life times who they really ARE... when they had the opportunity to do that and assist the species to REALize a New Era of Humanity.

Oh! I didn't know that - Where in WWMs is all this information available - ?

Good golly no wonder you are running around like a headless chook! I doubt that ANY news is good news to you!
And this is how you react to HUMAN news! No wonder your Heart cannot accept 'Alien' (un-human) Sovereign Integrity!

You know - every bit of good news deserves heartfelt support.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:08 am 
Posting Freak

well, perhaps, superficially the "news" (which is quite old) appears "good" ... and you are begining to "get it" Watcher ... I don't give any of it a "good or bad" evaluation ... it is just another day on earth, nothing shocks me anymore... I live where you live (in one life or another)

but if you look deeper than the headlines, that event didn't change these peoples lives one wit... they grew into the people they became, sitting there waiting for an apology, because of their circumstances... love given, is never lost Watcher. they didn't loose their families as much as they did their innocence ...

so what kind of person demands a phoney apology instead of giving forgiveness. for either way - nothing changed . So did they all get a metal to pin on their chests ... or was what was given that day, flushed away and forgotten too... like so many aborted babies each day.

My compassion is for the entire species... not just a select few that I may focus on because of an article in the media... when I cry with compassion, it isn't in sorrow or pain, it is in gratitude and awe and with hope for humanity ... that comes with the understanding that "everything is as it should be"... because that is what we as a collective ALLOW ... when we believe we are separate and don't know who we ARE.

what can you do about it as an individual reading about the Past?
what can you do about it as a United Force that is determined to restore Source Reality?

I live where YOU live Watcher... is that close enough to home for ya?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:49 pm 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Well I agree that more need be done with these folk than just an apology. I guess you had to 'be there' you know sd - but the apology is not wrong or empty of sincerity it is an acknowledgement by a heirachy today which admits that the hierarchy of the past abused their power.

It is an interesting story that shows us that hierarchy can and do make choices that are not merely based on serving the elite at the expense of the commoner. it is acknowledging humanity.

If you cannot truely see a world which in time and space can transform slowly and surely then you do not really live where I live.

not really.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:34 am 

The Watcher wrote:
[You know - every bit of good news deserves heartfelt support.[/color]

Thank you Watcher. I could not agree more. Some time ago the wife and I turned off telly. mainly because the good news is not reported - or if reported soon dashed with the water of someone's horrid mentality as SD just exhibited.

Hope you'll report mere good news.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:51 am 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
ONE News can reveal that former Christchurch police officer Nathan Connolly had another run-in with the law in 2005.

Connolly was convicted on Tuesday on one charge of misusing his authority to get sex from a prostitute.

But while on duty as a police officer in 2005 he was named in a lawsuit against the police after an incident in Greymouth.

Steven Fredericks fought long and hard for justice, following a run-in with Connolly in his local pub carpark more than four years ago.

"Connolly came to my door, dragged me out of the vehicle and got me to the ground, assaulting me, assaulting me again in the police car," says Fredericks.

Fredericks says he was handcuffed at the time and was then arrested for obstructing police. He complained later, but Connolly denied any wrongdoing.

"Emotionally, it was very hard to get anyone to believe me at first. No-one thought a policeman would do that for no reason," Fredericks says.

But Fredericks was determined to be heard and took a civil case against Connolly in 2008. It paid off as the judge ruled in Fredericks' favour.

The judge said Connolly's conduct was truly outrageous, "and that he exhibited a certain smugness in the witness box, a self righteousness and arrogance which underpinned my impression of his behaviour that night".

Fredericks says it was very expensive to try and fight the police.

"It cost me over $21,000 and, as an apprentice, I didn't have that money."

In the end Fredericks was awarded $10,000 in damages.

And he is not surprised by the latest case involving Connolly in the courts.

"He's doing the same thing. He's using power to someone that he thinks can't fight back... I always thought it would happen if he wasn't stopped," Frederick says.

Fredericks now hopes things have changed, and that no-one else will fall victim to Connolly.

Post subject: Home is where the heart is :)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:33 pm 
Posting Freak

Nice thread.

The Watcher wrote:
It is always great to see the changes in how heirarchy used to be and how they are being now.

Yes, the glove is being turned outside in.....and right now, the hierarchy is indeed being.

starduster wrote:
sorry to announce that there are no "changes" here in the Heirarchy...

.....starduster, that is your perception; that you say that, does not make that the same perception of many.....certainly not all.

The Watcher wrote:
.....Where in WWMs.....

.....nice touch WW. :)

The Watcher wrote:
.....I doubt that ANY news is good news to you!

.....respectfully, I disagree. :D

The Watcher wrote:
You know - every bit of good news deserves heartfelt support.

Good news is good news is good news.....enigma, telly ain't so bad.....discernment dear fellow! :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvA_IBqLGYA

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:05 pm 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

.....respectfully, I disagree.

:lol: Yep - pls 4give the Xaduration... :lol:

Post subject: (I'm) Home (r)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:33 pm 
Posting Freak

The Watcher wrote:
.....respectfully, I disagree.

:lol: Yep - pls 4give the Xaduration... :lol:

OK.....

.....but if you Xadurate again, you only have one person to blame.....

.....and it ain't me.

Or is it?

100% rhetorical.

Don't dare answer.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:03 pm 
Posting Freak

this is close to my home... and shows how tough we grow in the WEST
Meet the wiliest of all coyotes: Hit by a car at 75mph, embedded in the fender, and dragged for 600 miles - but Tricky SURVIVED

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... z0X9zrhxGu

Shay you are gonna love this story... don't let the headlines repulse you....not only did he survive (unharmed) but he escaped TOO ! I almost didn't click on the story because it said "dragged"
he scratched his paw trying to get out... and this was no pup but a full grown adult ... you gotta see the pics... this is an in-creditable story...!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:05 am 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Twins Trishna and Krishna are in a serious but stable condition at Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital as they begin their second full day apart after life-saving surgery to separate them.

The girls, discovered in an orphanage in Dhaka, Bangladesh, in 2007, remain in a coma but were recovering well late on Wednesday, hospital spokeswoman Julie Webber said.

"They are doing well. They are stable and are showing good vital signs," she told AAP.

They are expected to wake up over the next 48 hours and it is only then that doctors will start to gain an idea of the success of the separation.

The hospital has stuck to forecasts before Monday's operation that the twins have only a 25% chance of complete recovery, a 50% chance of brain damage and a 25% chance one of them will die.

But their guardian, Moira Kelly, says her girls have defied the odds in surgery that she described as "a miracle".

"To see these two beautiful little people, two brave, brave little girls ... and I'm in the middle of them," a tearful Kelly told reporters on Wednesday.

"I can't comprehend, it's like being in the twilight zone.

"They are so good and looking really good.

"They are in two cots and I was standing in the middle of them, which is something I've never done before - it's amazing."

Kelly, the founder of the Children First Foundation, was instrumental in bringing the conjoined twins from the orphanage to Melbourne in December 2007.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:32 am 
Posting Freak

As our Worlds have overlapped....I must thank you for the display put on last night ....it was impressive and I stayed open to all you presented to me....Larmenius the name that came through as to why you do what you do....and the Flow the reason beyond that why First Source as we shall succeed.

The Flow is like a river
It is wide and it is narrow
It soars like an eagle
And is gentle as a sparrow

The dawn across its waters
Glistens in the Sun
And everyone we’ve ever known
We find within its ONE

A part of us may not accept
The world our Flow will make
And can’t release the Core-Belief,
Old fashioned “GIVE ‘n TAKE”

But we cannot Give within the Flow
For no one there will Take
Instead we know, within that Flow
Our LIFE is what WE Make

The part of us that wants and gives
Is still outside the Flow
While the ONE inside is doing fine
And has no need to Know

This is the ONE we’ve always known
And sometimes can’t allow
The SELF we truly want to BE
But can’t remember how

Sometimes the Flow is easy
And pulls us to its heart
Sometimes the Flow is far away
A place where hope can start

If we could just surrender
Our woes into the Flow
We’d find that ONE we’ve always been
And allow that SELF to show

And when we can remember
To Fall into the Flow
We’ll follow it into its Heart,
To watch our True SELF grow

Then we’ll plant our growing SELF
Deep into Mother Earth
So the life we MAKE inside
Can blossom in Re-Birth

Then the Flow we once believed
Was outside our reality
Will be WITHIN us once again
This “time” for ALL finality

Sue Carroll
www.multidimensions.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:22 am 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

The biggest bio-crude oil research plant in the world has been launched in Christchurch.

After 12 years perfecting the technique, excrement can now be turned into energy, in a low cost and renewable way.

Five hectares of algae is super charged with carbon dioxide, with the algae roasting at almost 400 degrees celsius, turning it from useless sludge into bio-crude oil.

At this stage, the plant is pumping out enough crude oil to power 45 cars a year.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/sewage- ... 9822/video

That's Wonderful!
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:52 pm 
Posting Freak

Cunnamulla meteorite ownership divides town
Article from: The Courier-Mail

Sophie Elsworth

January 19, 2010 12:00am

AN ongoing dispute over a bizarre-looking rock has landed in court.

Residents in Cunnamulla, about 825km west of Brisbane, have been bickering for months over the discovery of a 25kg object which could be the state's second-biggest stony meteorite.

Disability pensioner Tom King, 53, was caretaker at the property, Rywanda Plainview, 70km south of Cunnamulla, when he found the rock and claimed it in October, sparking a dispute with the property's owners.

Police took the rock from him less than 24 hours later and now the unresolved dispute over the rock's ownership will be taken to the Cunnamulla Magistrates Court.

Police yesterday refused to disclose where the stony object was being held for "security reasons".

But they confirmed the matter was not finalised and "no lawful owner has been determined at this stage".

Mr King was afraid he might never see the rock again, suggesting it could be replaced with a replica.

"There's talk that the rock's not at the (Cunnamulla) police station anymore anyway," he said.

If the rock turns out to be a meteorite, it could be worth a small fortune.

Mr King hopes it will be housed in Cunnamulla's museum in the town centre.

"I'd like to see me get the rock so it can go to the museum in Cunnamulla like I've always said," he said.

"Our little town is dying . . . if I can give something to the town that I was born and bred in, why not give it to them?"

A planned dispute resolution between the warring parties including the police, the property owners and Mr King was arranged for this week.

But last Friday Mr King received written confirmation from Cunnamulla's officer in charge, Sean Relf, that the meeting had been cancelled.

"The Queensland Police Service does not have the authority to determine ownership of this property and is only holding the property until ownership is determined through the court system," he wrote. Queensland Museum curator Dr Alex Cook has previously said he hoped the meteorite would be given to the Brisbane museum "to allow experts to analyse and study it".

An application to establish ownership of the rock will be heard in court on March 2.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:37 pm 
Posting Freak

New Zealand UFO Disclosure 2010
Posted by UFO Blogger

New Zealand UFO Disclosure 2010

After UFO Disclosure by UK, Denmark, Sweden, Uruguay governments in last two years, now New Zealand government finally came forward to publish its own x-files in public domain in next few weeks.

It's just a coincident or more than that we don't know but just yesterday we reported about Chile government reopens special UFO investigations unit CEFAA and today few hour back according to UK news media Britains Royal Society Meets this week to Discuss The Possibility of Extraterrestrial Life.And now New Zealand government finally came forward to publish its own x-files.

If we look at big-picture UFO Alien Disclosure movement pacing up by every single passing day and we can say that Extraterrestrial Life, UFO Disclosure is Imminent in very near future.

According to New Zealand media Hundreds of pages of secret files on New Zealand UFO sightings will be released by the military this year.

The files include reports of UFO sightings from 1979 to 1984 and references to the Kaikoura sighting of December 1978.

The files are held by Archives New Zealand and were to have been made public this month, but the Defence Force is removing personal information from them to comply with the Privacy Act.

"At the moment we are working on making copies of these files, minus the personal information," a Defence Force spokeswoman said. "Once this work is completed, we are hoping to be able to release a copy of all the UFO files, including some ahead of their release time, within the year."

Lights were seen in the sky over Kaikoura in December 1978 and were filmed by an Australian news crew. Aircraft tracked the lights, which were also seen on radar.

A man who worked for the Transport Ministry's civil aviation division when the Kaikoura lights were seen said he would like to see the government files.

The man, who wanted to remain anonymous, said he was working at Christchurch International Airport at the time. He saw United States Air Force planes with unusual call signs touring the area and believes the full story about the lights has not been disclosed.

"For the US Air Force to come all that way and spend three days here, there must have been something going on," he said.

The director of research group UFOCUS NZ, Suzanne Hansen, said she was frustrated by the delayed release but understood the privacy reasons.

"We have been in discussion with the New Zealand Defence Force for many years ... It is frustrating from a research perspective because we would like to collate these sightings with international research."

She said some sightings could have been alien technology. "There are cases that are certainly not our technology. It has been scientifically proven that this is entirely possible."

video at website here: http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2010/01/ufo- ... aland.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:38 am 
Posting Freak

gee, I never knew this about New Zealand ...

Israel Goes Rogue

From identity theft to war crimes – is there anything the Israelis won't do?
by Justin Raimondo, February 19, 2010
Email This | Print This | Share This | Comment | Antiwar Forum

When is the world going to finally decide Israel has gone too far – and do something about it?

When Israel invaded and retained the occupied territories, imposing a regime that resembles the old South African apartheid system, the world looked the other way – after all, beleaguered Israel was fighting for its survival, and, besides that, peace talks were underway. The daily grinding down of the Palestinians could be accepted as a temporary and even necessary evil as long as there was some sort of vague expiration date attached to the arrangement.

When it began to look like peace might be just a pipedream, and the Israelis continued sponsoring invasive "settlements" to cement their conquest, the world looked the other way. After all, everybody knew Netanyahu had to deal with an increasingly right-wing Israeli electorate, and his government could fall apart at any moment: no one expected President Obama to get tough with Tel Aviv anyway, and so no one was too surprised when the US caved on the settlements issue.

The bombing and continued blockade of Gaza, the barbaric invasions of Lebanon, and the continuing refusal to correct the widespread human rights violations documented in the Goldstone report – all of this has darkened Israel’s image considerably, even among its staunch supporters. On account of this record, Israel is now widely considered a "rogue" nation, at least outside the US. One of the major reasons for this shift in perception has to do with the wide-ranging activities of the Mossad, Israel’s intelligence service.

With a fearsome reputation for ruthlessness second only to the old KGB, the Israeli intelligence services are known for their boldness and their buccaneering tactics. This was once a public relations advantage: their raid onEntebbe was made into a successful movie for a reason. From rescuing hostages, however, the Mossad has lately gone in for assassinations on foreign soil, most recently in Dubai, where they offed Hamas military commander Mahmoud al-Mabhouh.

This is nothing new for the Israelis: picking off their enemies on foreign soil is a longtime favorite sport of the Mossad. The innovation that’s got Israel’s allies in an uproar, however, is a relatively new weapon in the Mossad’s arsenal: identity theft. As the Telegraph reports:

"Ministers are understood to be furious that an alleged hit squad which murdered a Hamas leader in Dubai last month cloned the passports of six unsuspecting Britons, who are now living in fear of reprisals.

"Israel, which has not denied involvement in the murder, had previously promised that Mossad, its secret intelligence service, would never use British passports to help its agents carry out covert operations."

The six are all British citizens living in Israel, where the Mossad had full access to their essential documents: they simply cloned the passports and sent their agents into Dubai. There the Israelis reportedly assembled quite a contingent, as many as 18, enough to qualify the effort as a full-scale military operation. In effect, the Israelis carried out a mini-invasion of Dubai, a fact not lost on the Emirate authorities.

Interpol has posted the photos of the eleven (so far) known suspects, and issued a statement, including the following:

"Since INTERPOL has reason to believe that the suspects linked to this murder have stolen the identities of real people, the Red Notices specify that the names used were aliases used to commit murder. INTERPOL has officially made public the photos and the names fraudulently used on the passports in order to limit the ability of accused murderers from traveling freely using the same false passports."

If any institution embodies that vague abstraction known as "the international community," then surely it is Interpol, which coordinates the capture of transnational criminal gangs – sex traffickers, drug lords, and, yes, Mossad assassins. That they see Israel’s intelligence agency as an obstacle in their task of limiting "the ability of accused murderers from traveling freely" speaks volumes about the degree to which Israel has truly crossed the line.

This isn’t exactly an innovation on the part of the Israelis: in New Zealand, you’ll recall, they had a large-scale passport "farm" in operation a few years ago. Their agents would identify someone completely disabled, or otherwise unlikely to travel abroad, and – unbeknownst to the victim — apply for a passport in their name. When discovered, the Israelis denied everything, but the cops had the goods and the trial of the Israeli spies was front page news for weeks. The New Zealanders all but broke off diplomatic relations with Israel over the matter, and the Israelis, while never admitting anything, made apologetic noises while the issue – mostly ignored by the Western media outside New Zealand — faded into obscurity.

Now it has arisen once again, but this time in a far more serious context: this isn’t inconsequential-albeit-lovely New Zealand but Britain, France, Germany, Ireland, and possibly other Western nations
who have had their passport systems violated. However, the worst of it is that the Mossad has apparently taken to "farming" the passports of Israelis who hold dual citizenships. According to Ha’aretz: "Five Israelis who hold dual citizenship in Britain and Germany and whose names were on some of the passports denied any connection with the Dubai death."

If Israel’s intelligence services are now "farming" the passports of those numerous Israelis who hold dual citizenship, then the passport system – the key to maintaining security in the age of terrorism – is no longer reliable or even functional. Israel is a multi-national "nation," one created by a state-sponsored effort to get people the world over to move there, and many retain citizenship in their country of origin. The US doesn’t compile statistics on dual citizenship, but the number who hold dual Israeli and US citizenship is substantial: they are now all at risk of having their identities stolen by a covert army of assassins.

There’s just one way to solve this growing problem, and that is to ban all dual citizenship, and ask Americans to choose. Yes, there’s a Supreme Court decision standing in the way, but if it requires a constitutional amendment, then so be it. At a time when maintaining the integrity of our passport system is key to preventing terrorist attacks on our territory and against our citizens abroad, it’s worth taking the trouble to patch up this gaping hole in our national security.

That Israel has gone this far in its international campaign of murder and intimidation ought to motivate the civilized nations of the world to unite in protest. The government of Dubai is petitioning to have the head of the Mossad arrested for murder, and, come to think of it, issuing a warrant might not be such a bad idea. With a foreign minister who is the Israeli equivalent of David Duke, and a foreign policy that owes much to the Klingons, Israel, which is veering off into Asiatic despotism, needs to be pulled back toward the West. The way to do that is not to offer the Jewish state unconditional support, no matter how potty and self-destructive its policies may be, but to offer the kind of "tough love" that can bring it back into the Western orbit.

We can’t afford to look away anymore: Israel has massively compromised the security of international travel, and has brought this on itself. Now is the time for the US and other Westen countries to rein in their client state gone rogue – before it’s too late.
Read more by Justin Raimond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:28 am 
Posting Freak

NZ's Dept. of Conservation is dropping 1080 via aerial drops is meant to test the effects of fluoride on animals even farm animals as well

[link to www.kaka1080.co.nz]

1080 or sodium monofluoroacetate is one of the deadliest manufactured poisons in the world. There is no effective antidote and it kills slowly and cruelly.

http://www.stop1080poison.com/
It's New Zealand - 2009 and our people have had enough!
A rapidly growing number of New Zealanders are concerned about the
continuing widespread distribution of indiscriminate aerial poisons over
our bush, forest and farmland, a senseless practice which makes a
mockery of our "clean green" image to the rest of the world.
Our next event, brought to you by "POISON FREE NZ" is:
"Paradise in the Park" 27th March 2010 Harcourt Park, Upper Hutt.
Get back to the Great New Zealand Outdoors - and take a kid with you.
Music, live entertainment,demonstrations, stands, speakers, information.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:45 am 
Posting Freak

It's raining fish ... no really

DANIEL BOURCHIER

February 28th, 2010
New Debt Stimulus Bill

WHILE the Top End and Central Australia have been battered by torrential rains, a Territory town has had fish falling from the sky.

The freak phenomena happened not once, but twice, on Thursday and Friday afternoon about 6pm at Lajamanu, about 550km southwest of Katherine.

NEWSBREAKER Christine Balmer, who took these photos of the fish on the ground and in a bucket, had to pinch herself when she was told ``hundreds and hundreds" of small white fish had fallen from the sky.

"It rained fish in Lajamanu on Thursday and Friday night," she said, "They fell from the sky everywhere.

"Locals were picking them up off the footy oval and on the ground everywhere.

"These fish were alive when they hit the ground."

Mrs Balmer, the aged care co-ordinator at the Lajamanu Aged Care Centre, said her family interstate thought she had lost the plot when she told them about the event.

"I haven't lost my marbles," she said, reassuring herself. "Thank god it didn't rain crocodiles."

Lajamanu sits on the edge of the Tanami Desert, hundreds of kilometres from Lake Argyle and Lake Elliott and even further from the coast. But it's not the first time the remote community has been bombarded by fins from above.

In 2004, locals reported fish falling from the sky, and in 1974, a similar incident captured international headlines.

The small white fish are believed to be spangled perch, which are very common through much of northern Australia.

Weather bureau senior forecaster Ashley Patterson said the geological conditions were perfect on Friday for a tornado in the Douglas Daly region.

He said it would have been an ideal weather situation to allow the phenomena to occur - but no tornados have been reported to the authority.

"It's a very unusual event," he said. "With an updraft, (fish and water picked up) could get up high - up to 60,000 or 70,000 feet.

"Or possibly from a tornado over a large water body - but we haven't had any reports," he said.

Have you seen fish falling from the sky, or know what sort of fish they are? Call 8944 9724 and let us know.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:56 am 
Posting Freak

starduster wrote:
this is close to my home... and shows how tough we grow in the WEST
Meet the wiliest of all coyotes: Hit by a car at 75mph, embedded in the fender, and dragged for 600 miles - but Tricky SURVIVED

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... z0X9zrhxGu

Shay you are gonna love this story... don't let the headlines repulse you....not only did he survive (unharmed) but he escaped TOO ! I almost didn't click on the story because it said "dragged"
he scratched his paw trying to get out... and this was no pup but a full grown adult ... you gotta see the pics... this is an in-creditable story...!

Gee I didn t see this til now but your right I do love it!!! I m so glad it survived unscathed and escaped! :D

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:04 am 
Posting Freak

The Watcher wrote:
Quote:
Twins Trishna and Krishna are in a serious but stable condition at Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital as they begin their second full day apart after life-saving surgery to separate them.

The girls, discovered in an orphanage in Dhaka, Bangladesh, in 2007, remain in a coma but were recovering well late on Wednesday, hospital spokeswoman Julie Webber said.

"They are doing well. They are stable and are showing good vital signs," she told AAP.

They are expected to wake up over the next 48 hours and it is only then that doctors will start to gain an idea of the success of the separation.

The hospital has stuck to forecasts before Monday's operation that the twins have only a 25% chance of complete recovery, a 50% chance of brain damage and a 25% chance one of them will die.

But their guardian, Moira Kelly, says her girls have defied the odds in surgery that she described as "a miracle".

"To see these two beautiful little people, two brave, brave little girls ... and I'm in the middle of them," a tearful Kelly told reporters on Wednesday.

"I can't comprehend, it's like being in the twilight zone.

"They are so good and looking really good.

"They are in two cots and I was standing in the middle of them, which is something I've never done before - it's amazing."

Kelly, the founder of the Children First Foundation, was instrumental in bringing the conjoined twins from the orphanage to Melbourne in December 2007.

Any followup on these 2 lovelies.

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:48 am 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Spy base trio protecting from "war on terror"

The trial of three peace activists who launched an attack on the Waihopai spy base continues in Wellington on Tuesday.

A Dominican friar, a farmer and a teacher are on trial for breaking into the Waihopai spy base and deflating a protective dome over a satellite dish.

The Crown's case is that the trio of Peter Murnane, Adrian Leason and Sam Land were acting unlawfully by forcing their way onto the base and intentionally damaging the dome.

However, the trio say they were justified in disarming the dome as they were protecting overseas civilians from the ongoing war on terror.

More than 200 people turned up to support the trio in court including Graham Bidois Cameron, the spokesman for protest group Waihopai Ploughshares.

He says the objective of the activists was to start a public debate about the spy base and encourage debate about what is "New Zealand's dirtiest secret".

Bidois Cameron says the base is shrouded in secrecy and what little they do know about it is from leaks of information and an investigation by Nicky Hager. He says they understand the base collects intelligence signals for a network of spy bases around the world, mainly for the UK and US.

He says New Zealand is therefore working for the allies and not with them as the information sought by the spy base, mainly used for the war on terror, is not a key concern for New Zealand.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:00 pm 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Waihopai Three Walk Free

Three activists who freely admitted breaking into a government spybase near Blenheim and slashing an inflatable plastic dome covering a satellite dish have walked free.

Their defence – that they mounted the attack to prevent others' suffering – has been successfully used by Iraq-war protesters overseas, but is thought to be a New Zealand first.

Teacher Adrian Leason, 45, Dominican friar Peter Murnane, 69, and farmer Sam Land, 26, were charged with burglary and wilful damage at the Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) base at Waihopai.

The prosecution said the trio cut their way through fences into the base on April 30, 2008, then slashed the plastic cover over a satellite dish with sickles.

The three men readily admitted attacking the base, but said they were driven by a belief that the satellite caused human suffering and their actions to shut it down, if only temporarily, were lawful.

A jury in Wellington District Court took two hours to acquit them of all charges yesterday. A similar defence – known as the greater good defence – has been run by protesters in Britain, Ireland and Germany.

In 2006, a jury acquitted five peace campaigners who used an axe and hammers to cause US$2.5 million damage to a United States Navy plane that was refuelling at Shannon airport, Ireland, in 2003 on its way to Kuwait to deliver supplies for use in the impending war.

In the US last month, anti-abortion campaigner Scott Roeder was convicted by a judge of murdering an abortion doctor after failing with a similar defence. His lawyers had argued for a lesser conviction because Roeder believed that the killing was justified to save the lives of unborn children.

Auckland lawyer Peter Williams, QC, did not know of the greater good defence being used in New Zealand before.

"I would have thought it would have been looked at somewhat sceptically by the conservative New Zealand judiciary.

"I've always thought it was quite a good defence myself. It's very democratic."

Wellington lawyer John Miller said that, in acquitting the men, the jury would have to have decided whether they genuinely believed their actions would save lives and, if so, whether the force they used was reasonable. "If you believe someone's in grave danger of suffering and you prick a balloon [at the spybase], that seems quite reasonable, given your subjective belief."

Outside court, Father Murnane, who represented himself at the trial, said the action taken by the group had been successful. "We wanted, in going into Waihopai, to challenge these warfaring behaviours and I think we have done this. We have shown New Zealanders there is a US spy base in our midst."

He had told the court at the beginning of the trial that the trio felt strongly about the unspeakable evil caused by activities enabled by spybases, such as torture, war and the use of weapons of mass destruction, such as depleted uranium.

He told TV3's Campbell Live he was "not entirely surprised" but still relieved by the not guilty verdict. "I had a gut feeling all along that we would get an acquittal – but you can't be sure of that."

Asked if he would do it again, he said he did not need to. "The nation [now] knows much more about the spybase and the harm it does."

Mr Leason said the group "broke a law protecting plastic to uphold a law to protect human life".

A spokesman for Prime Minister John Key, who is also minister for the SIS and the GCSB, said Mr Key would not comment on the decision as it was an intelligence and security matter.

The US embassy also did not comment.

Green Party foreign affairs spokesman Keith Locke said evidence presented at the trial showed that Waihopai was collecting intelligence to help the US Government. "This included intelligence to help the United States prosecute the Iraq war, even though the New Zealand government was opposed to that war.

"I hope that the not guilty verdict will help break down the blanket of secrecy that successive governments have imposed around the operations of the base, and its true purpose."

A lobby group has called for the Waihopai spy base to be closed following the acquittal.

The Christchurch-based Anti-Bases Campaign urged prosecution of the base operators for crimes against humanity.

Spokesman Murray Horton said the "Domebusters" had believed they had the law on their side and were proud of what they did.

"They did it because Waihopai operates, in all but name, as an outpost of US intelligence on NZ soil..." he said.

He said the base should be closed immediately.

NO LEGAL PRECEDENT

The acquittal of the three does not set a legal precedent, but other defendants may consider using the same "greater good" defence, a criminal law expert says.

Law Society criminal law sub-committee convenor Jonathan Krebs told Radio New Zealand he had never heard of a defence referring to a greater good before.

The "claim of right" defence used by the trio was enshrined in statute law, but usually used in property cases.

An example of its regular use would be as a defence when stolen property was unwittingly purchased, with the purchaser believing the seller owned and had a claim of right to the property, Mr Krebs said.

"[The Waihopai defendants] claimed that they honestly believed that they had the right to do so because they needed to, for certain honestly-held beliefs."

No precedent was created by their acquittal, because precedent was only set by judicial decisions on matters of law, not jury decisions on facts, he said.

"I can imagine, as often happens when a defence is raised and receives such widespread publicity and discussion, that others might be interested in at least considering advancing it but...there's actually no binding effect from the decision of the jury."

- with NZPA
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/3 ... -walk-free

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:44 am 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Family devastated by toddler's death

The family of four-year-old Christchurch boy Nayan Woods has been left devastated after he was fatally struck by a car.

Nayan Woods was walking with his six-year-old brother, Jacob, and his mother when a car lost control in wet conditions on Linwood Avenue shortly after 5pm on Friday, police said.

The car slid from side to side on the road before climbing the footpath and hitting the children. Nayan died at the scene and Jacob is now stable in Christchurch Hospital with multiple fractures. The boys' distraught mother escaped mostly unscathed.

The stretch is known for boy racers. A witness suggested to ONE News it was another case of boy racing, but police have discounted that and are saying it is a case of bad-driving and that alcohol was not a factor.

Neighbour Julie said she ran over when she heard one of the children crying.

"That's when she [the mum] realised the kids were in our yard. So she came running and then she saw the other one lying there unconscious. So she was trying to help out for both of them but she couldn't because they were apart."

Detective Sergeant John Gallagher said the manner of his driving is an issue.

"Whether there are other factors is still yet to be determined."

Julie said if it was not for her fence, Jacob would not have lived.

The shocked 17-year-old driver, on his way home from work, tried to help.

"He came out and he was trying to look around and tried to attend to the kids too," said Julie.

Witnesses said the driver tried to perform CPR on Nayan.

Lois Maddock and partner Chris Hack were in their home nearby when they heard a loud bang.

Maddock ran to the crash site to see if she could help.

"When I got down there I saw one child lying on the ground and the driver doing CPR, but it wasn't working."

Paramedics arrived and rushed to treat the children.

Hack said: "When the mother got in the ambulance with the child that was breathing and screaming, I don't think she realised the other one was dead."

Friends and family were paying their respects today. Neighbours said the boys were a lovely pair, from a lovely family.

Mother holds no anger towards driver

The mother of a young Christchurch boy killed by an out of control car has spoken out, saying the horror of the crash is still sinking in but that she holds no anger towards the teenage driver.

Emma Woods and her two boys were walking home from the mall on Friday night when a car behind them lost control and ended up on the footpath, killing four-year old Nayan.

Woods' other son, six-year-old Jacob suffered multiple fractures and she has minor injuries.

Woods is now urging parents to cherish every day with their children.

"He (Nayan) had a gentle nature, was very caring, would always share things even if he broke things in half and give the bigger piece to someone," says Woods.

She said she is pleased to have spent as much time with Nayan as possible through involvement in playcentre. She said she encouraged parents to join organisations like that to be with their children and the make the most of every moment.

"There wasn't any better way I could have spent my time with him. We were pretty inseparable."

Woods said she could talk about her boy's death because the reality has yet to sink in. Other members of her family were too upset to attend a media conference at Christchurch Hospital today.

"The only reason I can talk to the media is that it hasn't sunk in yet. It doesn't feel too real yet. I know that in the grieving process there is anger but at this stage we're not angry. It was just a tragic accident," Woods said.

She also says she holds no anger towards the young driver who took her son's life.

"For the driver, I don't want this to be his defining moment in his life. He's young. He's got his whole life ahead of him. We hope good things," she says.

Woods says the 17-year old was not drunk or racing his mates and after the accident the teen offered to help.

"He wasn't racing a friend. He was driving home from work. He came over to help. He was obviously devastated at the time. It would be different is he was racing or drinking."

"I tried to do CPR on Nayan and he (teen driver) came over and he said he knew how to do it and he took over for me. I remember he helped me," recalls Woods.

On behalf of her husband Duncan, Woods thanked the community for offers of help, which has been "overwhelming", many from people her family did not know.

"We want to tell people a little more about Nayan, how amazing he was. He'd only been here four years but he meant a lot to other people. He was always joking with Jacob."

Nayan's brother Jacob was injured in the crash and is in hospital in a stable condition. Jacob's school mates and principal paid him a visit over the weekend with his principal saying that the Jacob was keen to get back to class.

Woods said her family are due to arrive soon from Canada and she has been inundated with offers of beds and caravans.

She has been to the tapu lifting at the Linwood Avenue accident site and she knew she will pass by frequently in future.

It could take a fortnight for the crash investigation to be completed and charges to be laid against the driver.