WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Introducing the WMM to kids
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:58 pm 

Hi all.

First let me introduce myself. I'm from...well...everywhere actually, but my human instrument resides in Romania. Because English is not my native language please have understanding and forgiveness for my fuzzy phrasing.

I've been a student of the heart for some 2 years now using the WMM. Two years on and off actually because I felt that I have to part with the material for a while (allow it to exit freely, as James said) for the purpose of validating my resonance with it and also the genuineness of my commitment. The six heart virtues are the most dear subject and the one I'm focusing on for the time being. This also the key element that "stayed around" and ignite my full commitment to the WMM.

One day i was reading the "Living from the Heart" paper and my 7 year old boy asked me what is that I'm reading. I started telling him about the heart virtues and he showed a great deal of interest in the subject and we had many discussions since then on various topics of the WMM. The thing is he always gets confused by all the terms and ideas and although he is the one that initiate our conversations he quickly gets lost in the concepts. I then realized that I need a different approach method, more suited to his age and understanding. I need to go back to square one and try to define some key aspects for him, in the order that I feel they are important to understand for a 7 year old.

I've started to define a framework for him to understand the big picture:

- The Blueprint of Exploration, the outlines (kids edition, hehehe). This knowledge I find key to understanding the rest of the material. I chose to blend this with the Sovereigns mythology described in the last section of the PC Interview to make the story more attractive.
- The fundamental law of Oneness, Equality and Truth as first point in every human endeavor (with it's applications in the mundane matters a kid would resonate to)
- The basic definitions of the heart virtues and their application in the day-to-day relationships in school, at home, at the playground. Humility seems to be the most abstract so far for him, but I'm not going to push it. I want to let him find his own definitions of the virtues and I chose to focus on the ones he can easily relate to, and I try to make him aware of the situations when his virtues input are helpful for him and the ones he interacts with.

Well, this is as far as we got. Please feel free to add you own experience/advice in the matter or destroy my framework altogether so we can build a new, better one.

Post subject: Re: Introducing the WMM to kids
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:17 pm 
Posting Freak

Welcome Hann so happy you are here and don't worry about your English it's very good! You and Multiversal may be interested in conversing since he has a son as well that he is teaching such wonderful things about the importance of the heart virtues too. He started a thread about family, I think its in the Philosophy section, you might want to check it out. :D

here's the link and you can always private message him too. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2007

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:22 pm 

Last edited by Multiversal on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:12 pm 
Posting Freak

Multiversal how are they with the paintings and music? Do they like them? I am curious to how your son would respond to them and with the music over time.

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:35 pm 

@Shayalana: Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I must have missed that topic. I also want to express my appreciation for all the work you put in this forum helping others navigate and align to these new frequencies.

@Multiversal: I like your approach on the matter. This is my goal as well, to keep things simple and learning through doing. The "Golden Rule" as you define it sound like a great foundational concept. Did you try to introduce your kids to the encoded works of Lyricus? From my experience kids use intuition alot more to compensate for the lack of accumulated knowledge. It may come as no surprise that EDS would speak to the heart of a child more than anything else.
So far the "Living from the Heart" part of the WMM was my only focus with my son (as much as a kid can grasp the idea).
As for the rest of the knowledge I believe it's important that our children get a new, fresh, cosmic vision on things. I'm not saying that the lessons of history, religion or philosophy are not important, they are, but they are equally hard to understand and most of the time rooted in the old paradigm of separation. I think this new vision might help them get a sense of perspective on the world that is to come and they can better understand their role in all this. At early age their enculturation and HMS are not in full swing yet. They have less negative energies accumulated. Embracing the new paradigm it would be much easier than in the case of adults.

I'm just pondering ideas...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:44 pm 

Last edited by Multiversal on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:04 pm 

Last edited by Multiversal on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:30 am 

These are very inspiring words Multiversal. I think now that my approach was somehow indoctrinative. I suppose in the end it all comes down to the particularities of each child. As James said, there are may entrances to the WMM. Having a good foundation of life principles and choosing your own door later is prolly the wisest way to go about this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:47 am 

Hann you are the inspiration . I am glad that you ignited a conversation to something that is very near and dear to our hearts . From a Dad to a Dad I salute you and wish you the best for you and your family . :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:55 am 

Hann wrote :

Quote:
The six heart virtues are the most dear subject and the one I'm focusing on for the time being. This also the key element that "stayed around" and ignite my full commitment to the WMM.

Yes agree , The Heart Virtues are the key element . That is what also kept me around . The presentation of this very usefull , practical and subtle yet powerfull framework for day to day living . James is a true genuine self help guru if there ever was one . Its all free also , no sessions or self help cd's to buy .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:01 pm 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
oh how I envy those of you who are able to share the WMMs with your children ... they weren't available when I was raising mine, and because of that, they are not valued by my grand children either, as tools for their success because they are generally ignored by the consensus reality ... The music and concepts appear to them to have no significance to the "real world" that takes all their attention to navigate... even when they discover some of the key ingredients in them that are left out of the recipe for realizing their destiny aren't found in the GM. They accept the "alternative" ingredients, money power fame, that the HMS provides and the fact that it leaves them less than satisfied or fulfilled, even when they achieve "success" ... and tell me that they will be sure to investigate my suggestions when they get to that point ... sigh.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:59 pm 

"The degree to which we apply our heart-mind intention usually correlates to the degree we genuinely accept our divine power as co-creators of new realities. If we fear our divinity, our application of intention is typically diminished even if we practice it with diligence. Simply practicing a new discipline doesn’t attract its full power. There must be an attendant belief—a genuineness in the practice—that what you are doing is part of a larger plan; that it is connected, like bricks in a wall, to a larger purpose." (Living from the Heart, page 25)

This is the main reason, in my opinion, to place our kids in the correct framework as we teach them about the Heart Virtues. It sets the vision of co-creation, the belief on the power of the practice itself and paints the greater picture/plan/purpose of which this practice is a fragment of. It sets the right First Point. However, it should be done with diligence, patience and constant adaptation to the child's level of understanding.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:30 pm 

starduster wrote:
oh how I envy those of you who are able to share the WMMs with your children ... they weren't available when I was raising mine, and because of that, they are not valued by my grand children either, as tools for their success because they are generally ignored by the consensus reality ... The music and concepts appear to them to have no significance to the "real world" that takes all their attention to navigate... even when they discover some of the key ingredients in them that are left out of the recipe for realizing their destiny aren't found in the GM. They accept the "alternative" ingredients, money power fame, that the HMS provides and the fact that it leaves them less than satisfied or fulfilled, even when they achieve "success" ... and tell me that they will be sure to investigate my suggestions when they get to that point ... sigh.

These are sad words you speak and I can connect to the the feeling to some degree. My wife and I are separated and my son spends half the time with her. Whatever I try to teach him is regarded as crazy talk with no practical value whatsoever. At first I was upset by this, then sad till I realized this is where my heart is needed, this is something I can relief with understanding, compassion and forgiveness. I was the first time I felt I was the conductor of my emotions and not the recipient. This was also the moment I realized that I need a coherent teaching method because my son was relaying to her words and phrases that clearly showed how ineffective (confusing) my method was.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:47 pm 
Posting Freak

I have been planting seeds for ten years - I've seen some blossom brightly ... while others remain dormant - waiting for the right circumstances .

I rather pride myself in being the one member of the family that has "crazy" ideas - crazy is good, when kid get older and everything seems crazy - they seek advice from someone who knows the ropes :D

I strive to be anything but "normal" ... because it is always the "normal" ones who loose their grip on their fragile reality first... I have found most crazy people harmless ... it is the calculators, and manipulators and the extremely ambitious that I try to avoid .

Kids don't have all the blockages that adults have erected ... they are far more opened to understanding these materials than we tend to be (scrutinizing, and analyzing ) and if they have no reason to doubt us personally, what other's say only make you that much more interesting to them... because the others are so predictable and boring.

I am not really worried about them "getting it" ... I know that by the time they have grand kids, the whole world will have gotten it :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:34 pm 
Posting Freak

Hann wrote:
"The degree to which we apply our heart-mind intention usually correlates to the degree we genuinely accept our divine power as co-creators of new realities. If we fear our divinity, our application of intention is typically diminished even if we practice it with diligence. Simply practicing a new discipline doesn’t attract its full power. There must be an attendant belief—a genuineness in the practice—that what you are doing is part of a larger plan; that it is connected, like bricks in a wall, to a larger purpose." (Living from the Heart, page 25)

This is the main reason, in my opinion, to place our kids in the correct framework as we teach them about the Heart Virtues. It sets the vision of co-creation, the belief on the power of the practice itself and paints the greater picture/plan/purpose of which this practice is a fragment of. It sets the right First Point. However, it should be done with diligence, patience and constant adaptation to the child's level of understanding.

That is quite encouraging if not very inspiring Hann and so much of the positive quadrant of the CHEF which is where a critical mass point will be reached if not already and even by those who haven"t heard of the WMM, they have heard in their hearts in a universal way. :wink: Thank you.

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 am 

I couldn't agree with you more Hann and I greatly appreciate your input on this subject and bringing it up for that matter . I wish you and your son the best as you grow and learn together .

Here is a quote from Plato I thought you might find of interest .

Quote:
"Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness , but direct them to it by what amuses their minds , so that you may better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each . " - Plato

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:32 am 
Posting Freak

ah yes, and great advice... you would be absolutely amazed at what your kids WANT to learn and are capable of learning, once you give them a choice (home school) and take them off the assembly line... and they get around to all you can find, when you let them set their own pace... Even English :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:26 pm 

Here is something from Socrates as well . I love Philosophy :P

Quote:
A young man had once asked Socrates the secret of success. Socrates asked the young man to meet him near the river the next morning.

When they met, Socrates asked the young man to walk with him towards the river. They continued walking until the water level was up to their necks. Socrates suddenly took the young man's head and ducked it into the water.

The man struggled to get out but Socrates was strong and kept him there until he started turning blue. The young man struggled hard and finally Socrates released his grip and let the young man get out. The first thing the young man did was gasp for breath. Socrates asked "What did you want most when you were there?"

The man replied "Air". Socrates answered `that's the secret to success. When you want success as badly as you wanted air, you will get it. There is no secret.

Now do you have this burning desire to excel in your studies? If you do then you are already on the road to success.

Just as we have been "under water" for so long that we want that breath so desperately , we will succed for sure . In this case the water being the HMS .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:39 pm 
Posting Freak

I think it is wonderful that you have made the time to be a part of your children's education ... I know you will find it rewarding for everyone

Last edited by starduster on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:51 pm 
Posting Freak

I would consider it an honor to assist in any way I can, Multiversal ... Having seen the results of home schooling, I would recommend it to everyone. but each generation of kids is different ... you actually have so many more resources with the internet, than I ever dreamed of ... I wouldn't know where to tell you to go ... other than start with googling Home schools ... and feeling your way around.

My daughter tried to home school her daughter because she found the enviorment so distracting from her education ... but it didn't work, because, clearly, the child was not interested in being "educated" ... so her mother, enrolled her in the "alternate" school system, that they call "home schooling" which means the exact same curriculum as before; but she is just not in class...but sitting at home on a computer..... but that demanded daily results ... which she also failed to respond appropriately to ... sigh

after a year, of being left at home to teach herself, She demanded that she be allowed to go back to school, but by then the schools didn't want her (disrupting their students)... but there was one alternative school that if she gets kicked out of is her last option for anything other than passing the GED when she is 19 ( ie 4years in limbo) . She got straight As in her first semester ... and suspended for ten days in her second ... learning her limits

the point in telling you this is, that you can't make a child learn something they don't want to learn ... but they will sit quietly and listen, if it means that they get to learn something they are interested in next (soon)... children only have one agenda - which is to keep their mind occupied on absorbing useful information ... they can't really tell you what they want to know, you just have to run it all by them (again and again), and see what inspires them - and go 100% with that for a while. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:19 pm 
Posting Freak

Multiversal wrote:
Here is something from Socrates as well . I love Philosophy :P

Quote:
A young man had once asked Socrates the secret of success. Socrates asked the young man to meet him near the river the next morning.

When they met, Socrates asked the young man to walk with him towards the river. They continued walking until the water level was up to their necks. Socrates suddenly took the young man's head and ducked it into the water.

The man struggled to get out but Socrates was strong and kept him there until he started turning blue. The young man struggled hard and finally Socrates released his grip and let the young man get out. The first thing the young man did was gasp for breath. Socrates asked "What did you want most when you were there?"

The man replied "Air". Socrates answered `that's the secret to success. When you want success as badly as you wanted air, you will get it. There is no secret.

Now do you have this burning desire to excel in your studies? If you do then you are already on the road to success.

Just as we have been "under water" for so long that we want that breath so desperately , we will succed for sure . In this case the water being the HMS .

Ya good ol Soc is one of my favorites too he taught Plato who taught Aristotle. It's all been a progression hasn't it? It would be real interesting to know more about everything Plato knew about the Atlanteans since history has been so controlled by TPTB, no doubt there is much that he knew and maybe it will be revealed. :wink:

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:09 pm 

Multiversal, these are much appreciated quotes for the subject at hand. You obviously have much accumulated wisdom to share with your kids.

Star, homeschooling is not an option here in Romania. I thought about this for a while and I came to the conclusion that as much distortion the teaching system may introduce, it's still better for the child to interact directly with peers. The internet is already alienating people (besides it's obvious benefits, of course) and today's kids spend enough time as it is in from of the computer. In a normal school there is much to learn about the HUMAN condition by day to day interactions. If this social awareness is doubled by a proper education at home than it's for the best. It's the best place for them to practice living from the heart (as much as they can understand it).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 pm 
Posting Freak

Hann wrote:
Multiversal, these are much appreciated quotes for the subject at hand. You obviously have much accumulated wisdom to share with your kids.

Star, homeschooling is not an option here in Romania. I thought about this for a while and I came to the conclusion that as much distortion the teaching system may introduce, it's still better for the child to interact directly with peers. The internet is already alienating people (besides it's obvious benefits, of course) and today's kids spend enough time as it is in from of the computer. In a normal school there is much to learn about the HUMAN condition by day to day interactions. If this social awareness is doubled by a proper education at home than it's for the best. It's the best place for them to practice living from the heart (as much as they can understand it).

What a mature understanding and giving credit to your influence on your children trusting they will learn and know from their own experiences instead of trying to shelter them or make them think they are exclusive and the world is a big bad place. The children of today are here because they want to be like us and have everything they need to deal with things and having parents that are wise to this is a tremendous boost for them such as it was from some of our parents with us. Thanx Hanns for your wise response. :D

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:25 pm 
Posting Freak

I agree, to a point, with your perspective, however, unless you live in isolation, kids get plenty of socialization in the local playgrounds, at church, and at family gatherings in a much less hostile environment ... my motive was not to shelter or protect ... it was to educate and I felt responsible for making sure they got a good education ... that was my only inspiration and I knew by the 4th grade that they weren't going to get a good education in public schools... I knew that from my own "education".

fact is, by the time they graduate, everthing they learn is obsolite, because of the rate information is produced ... unless you are free to explore the NOW .
needless to say it was educational for me too ... a good teacher knows more than they can teach, my kids were smarter than I was ... it was a real challenge to stay ahead of them and to keep them motivated to learn ... it was fun too we took a lot of field trips :D

chances are the schools in Romania are better than they are here :wink: Our kids are not "educated" they are programed ... I just couldn't tolerate the thought that they would turn my brilliant children into zombies.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:52 pm 
Posting Freak

Shayalana wrote:
Hann wrote:

What a mature understanding and giving credit to your influence on your children trusting they will learn and know from their own experiences instead of trying to shelter them or make them think they are exclusive and the world is a big bad place. The children of today are here because they want to be like us and have everything they need to deal with things and having parents that are wise to this is a tremendous boost for them such as it was from some of our parents with us. Thanx Hanns for your wise response. :D

Cathedral - CS&N