WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chamber 17 and iodine
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:16 am 
 WWW  Profile

Iodine is a chemical element with symbol I and atomic number 53. The name is from Greek ἰοειδής ioeidēs, meaning violet or purple, due to the color of elemental iodine vapor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodine

Iodine is critical to human health. It forms the basis of thyroid hormones and plays many other roles in human biochemistry. While the thyroid gland contains the body’s highest concentration of iodine, the salivary glands, brain, cerebrospinal fluid, gastric mucosea, breasts, ovaries and a part of the eye also concentrate iodine. In the brain, iodine is found in the choroid plexus, the area on the ventricles of the brain where cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is produced, and in the substantia nigra, an area associated with Parkinson’s disease.
http://www.westonaprice.org/metabolic-disorders/the-great-iodine-debate

Your Body Needs Iodine for More than Just Your Thyroid
Dr. Flechas presents a number of interesting facts about iodine that is not widely known. For example, did you know that thyroid hormones are created not just in your thyroid, but also in a woman’s ovaries (thyroid T2), and in the white blood cells of your bone marrow? Furthermore, iodine is not only required for proper function of your thyroid. Other tissues that absorb and use large amounts of iodine include
1.Breasts 2.Salivary gland 3.Pancreas 4.Cerebral spinal fluid 5.Skin 6.Stomach 7.Brain 8.Thymus

Iodine deficiency, or insufficiency, in any of these tissues will lead to dysfunction of that tissue. Hence the following symptoms could provide clues that you’re not getting enough iodine in your diet. For example, iodine deficiency in:
Salivary glands = inability to produce saliva, producing dry mouth
Skin = dry skin, and lack of sweating. Three to four weeks of iodine supplementation will typically reverse this symptom, allowing your body to sweat normally again
Brain = reduced alertness, and lowered IQ
Muscles = nodules, scar tissue, pain, fibrosis, fibromyalgia
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/05/04/iodine-deficiency-affect-childs-brain-function.aspx

Chroroid plexus

Post subject: Re: Chamber 17 and iodine
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:25 am 

Thank you for the information, all so synchriniztic for me. I have been experiencing muscular pains and tendinitis for some time now, perhaps I may need some more iodine in my diet.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:57 am 
 WWW  Profile

Iodine: The Most Misunderstood Nutrient
Dr. Brownstein feels iodine is the most misunderstood nutrient. He feels it is impossible to achieve your optimal health when there is iodine deficiency present. This book provides information on how iodine therapy can help:
1. ADHD
2. Autism
3. Breast, Thyroid, Ovarian and Uterine Cancer
4. Detoxification
5. Fatigue
6. Fibrocystic Breasts
7. Graves' Disease
8. Hashimoto's Disease
9. Hypothyroidism
10. Improve the Immune System
This book will show you Dr. Brownstein’s latest research about iodine. Each chapter has been updated! Ensuring adequate iodine levels is essential to helping you achieve your optimal health. Dr. Brownstein will provide you with all new information on the importance of iodine.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:59 am 
 WWW  Profile

Iodine: The Most Misunderstood Nutrient
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_I9PLUg0lM

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:16 pm 

thanks, cool, I already ordered two bottles of iodine, you sold me on that one. Maybe it is what I need.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:40 am 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
yes, when everyone switched from "iodinized" salt to sea salt we lost our major contributor of iodine to our diets ... I still use it when cooking but have "sea salt" on my table ... I also bought a big bottle of it - before it was removed from our shelves (just AFTER FUshima) and sent packets of it to my children along with charcoal filled "masks" ... so what do they do last year? - Vacation in San Diego and eat susi ... I haven't bought fish since BP polluted the gulf ... I bought a freezer full and am still eating - pre-fu-shima fish - I even bagged up enough dirt to fill my green house - before the fall-out polluted our soil ... I hauled it from one home to another when I bought this one ... I don't know how people can be so IGNORE-ant - there is a great deal that we can do, to keep ourselves healthy - when drs also ignore the cause of the increase in Asthma, Sinuitus, and Atusism ... but no they have been reduced to pill pushers for the Pharm Cos

we should be doing everything we can to help our immune systems now ... skin problems are the first sign of it breaking down ... Vit D3 is cheap - you can take up to 50,000 units of it a day, Pro biotics are not cheap but they keep the bowels (our immune system) in great shape, and keep the frankenfoods moving ... permanent headaches - dizziness, fungus issues, itchy anus, ear infections, yeast issues, ringing in the ears, excessive mucous and other constant superficial symptoms - point to our immune systems needing help to combat the radiation saturating us - not to forget our daily liberal dose of chemicals in our water, air and food ... all these things can be avoided fairly easily - by filtering your water, air and intake of "prepared" foods all designed to shorten our lives by the PTB ... part of "discovering your self" is discovering how you body works - and taking steps to insure it is working properly

Thank you "cools" - I would never have imagined - what you pointed out to us in the chamber 17 painting ... guess Chris missed that in his analysis of this painting

Ps, I have also read articles that state that 80% of our population IS Iodine deficient ... and that it may be the major cause of babies being born with less than average intelligence ... so easily prevented with iodine

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:49 am 
 WWW  Profile

ImageImage

The hippocampus (named after its resemblance to the seahorse, from the Greek hippos meaning "horse" and kampos meaning "sea monster") is a major component of the brains of humans and other vertebrates. Humans and other mammals have two hippocampi, one in each side of the brain. It belongs to the limbic system and plays important roles in the consolidation of information from short-term memory to long-term memory and spatial navigation. The hippocampus is located under the cerebral cortex;[1] and in primates it is located in the medial temporal lobe, underneath the cortical surface. It contains two main interlocking parts: Ammon's horn[2] and the dentate gyrus.

The human hippocampus and fornix compared with a seahorse (preparation by László Seress in 1980)

Developmental iodine deficiency resulting in hypothyroidism reduces hippocampal ERK1/2 and CREB in lactational and adolescent rats
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2202/10/149
Marginal iodine-deficient rats were given 3  μg iodine per day, while normal control rats were given 4  μg iodine daily. Western blot was used to detect the amounts of brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF) and early growth response protein 1 (EGR1) in the hippocampus of each group.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23328070

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:42 am 

Fascinating! Thank you!