WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Something wonderful is going to happen...
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:24 pm 
Posting Freak

Something Wonderful is Going to Happen
5•30•04

Suspended anticipation is an elixir for the hungry soul. Remembering and merging with the deepest core of our authentic self is the true driving force in life. The illusions that grab our attention moment by moment, hour by hour, day by day entertain fear, survival, in the cyclonic workings of the mind. All the things we do to ourselves and each other are based on these illusions while the light of truth and who we are is clouded deep within. The truth is, we all know our light, no one is blind. The question is do we want to see? Do we look away ? or Do we learn to stop looking?

The process of turning on the light is not at all complicated, however, often painful in the beginning. Every fear and defense is imbedded in the energetic, emotional, physical and mental parts of our individual existence. At some point and time of consciousness awakening, revisiting the energies on one or all levels is necessary to transmute conditioned energetic patterns into pure consciousness or light. To illustrate, imagine walking into a dark closet that has been locked for 2 decades. There is an unpleasant odor emitting from the locked closet and permeating throughout the house. You have been busy maintaining other parts of the house but neglecting the closet for whatever reason. Eventually the odor becomes unbearable, you start cleaning the closet approaching the task with disgust and resistance. The task is overwhelming, requires a lot of effort. Once the job is finished, the light is on, the door remains open where every speck of dust is visible and effortlessly swept away.

The true process of healing is not getting rid of pain, or eradicating imbalanced mental or emotional states. Healing is the transmutation of energetic consciousness. All consciousness exists in wave patterns, vibrations and frequencies.
Music is healing because it transmutes frequencies. When music is created consciously wave patterns are transmitted through the music creating a vibratory transmutation of wave patterns in the mind, emotions, energetic and physical bodies. (More of this will be explained in future writings.)

Being alert in the tempting promise of Wonder keeps the mind open to the heart’s knowing of peace. Nothing is GOING to happen, what IS happening and is you. YOU are waiting for YOU. You are waiting to be heard by you. You are waiting to experience being completely alive, alert in the splendor of your heart. You have everything. There is nothing to seek, nothing to gain, nothing to win, nothing to lose, nothing to fear, nothing to desire, nothing to do, no where to go.

Be receptive through the portal of the heart to experience your brilliance in the cosmic force of love. Be in the moment with full attention. Everything is Consciousness dancing in the field of vibration. All of existence begins and ends in consciousness. I have heard teachers talk about this truth for ages. The experience of this reality changed my world. The unconscious play of dualities became a minefield of awareness. I saw that imprisonment existed in the play of opposites through beliefs, opinions, expectations and judgments. I saw how consciousness created karmic imprints ( I will discuss more of this in future writings). All of the karmic imprints had to be transmuted one way or another. Surrender became the path to absolute freedom. There is really no escape because energy doesn’t go anywhere, it transmutes and we have the capabilities to create that change because the very essence of who are we in the grand scheme of things is consciousness and light.
The journey is transforming ourselves into emptiness for the vital force to pour love through all dimensions of the Self. This process is not easy because we are not conditioned to make the journey on one level, yet, on a deeper level it is absolutely necessary in order to live and know love.

How does this happen? I can convey this based on my experience only. Intend Ascension. First and foremost, meditation, the absolute pilgrimage of the Self. (a live teacher is necessary) Awareness of Breath. Awareness of thoughts and the effect the mind has on emotions and the energetic and physical bodies. "Love your enemies," examine how your adversaries have served you in spiritual and moral strength. Watch insidious judgments about yourself and others. Keep your word. Allow others to be no matter what. Serve others with your radiance. Consciousness in light is contagious in very subtle and blatant ways. Stay alert to your Self, Be-in(g) Love. This is all I know so far.

Sometimes pain cracks the code for the truth to be revealed. True courage lies not in what we achieve but in what we face and transmute. Truth and peace are not achievable, they just are, a vibratory field blossoming from the deepest gap in consciousness, from pure nothingness.

One of my favorite areas of study was the Tibetan Heart Sutra ( some of it is recited on the Naked Heart CD). In the sutra there is a quote "form is emptiness, emptiness is form" we come from consciousness and we return to consciousness. The manifest universe is born from the unmanifest.
Something wonderful is going to happen….stay alert
Empty the cup, swim through the gap into the ocean of moksha.
"Something Wonderful is Going to Happen….It is YOU, here and now, naked, open and in love"

"The splendor of the spirit in your magnificence shines forth when the marriage of divine consciousness and the cosmos is realized in love."

Charlottémarie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:22 pm 
Posting Freak

I really like what Charlottemarie says about things happening . Instead of sitting around waiting passively for something to happen with no rhyme or reason , we make things happen through conscious intent.I'll use LOVE and GRATITUDE as my motivation and intent.It is nice when we create the happening consciously , instead of things just happening to us from someone elses intent. I'd rather be the creator than the passenger along for a ride someone else provided.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:25 pm 
Posting Freak

This excerpt by Charlottemarie is very much Approaching The Divine in words. So is this by Rumi:

Everything you see has its roots in the unseen world. The forms may change, yet the essence remains the same. Every wonderful sight will vanish; every sweet word will fade, But do not be disheartened, The source they come from is eternal, growing, Branching out, giving new life and new joy. Why do you weep? The source is within you And this whole world is springing up from it.
- Jelauddin Rumi

We are actually doing it, consciously connecting to the Divine within us.

[Edited on 31-5-2005 by Shayalana]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:57 pm 
Posting Freak

"The process of turning on the light is not at all complicated, however, often painful in the beginning. Every fear and defense is imbedded in the energetic, emotional, physical and mental parts of our individual existence. At some point and time of consciousness awakening, revisiting the energies on one or all levels is necessary to transmute conditioned energetic patterns into pure consciousness or light. To illustrate, imagine walking into a dark closet that has been locked for 2 decades. There is an unpleasant odor emitting from the locked closet and permeating throughout the house. You have been busy maintaining other parts of the house but neglecting the closet for whatever reason. Eventually the odor becomes unbearable, you start cleaning the closet approaching the task with disgust and resistance. The task is overwhelming, requires a lot of effort. Once the job is finished, the light is on, the door remains open where every speck of dust is visible and effortlessly swept away."

I have been in the process of this for years and I really like her analogy. At first I was in great fear for I used to think there was so much wrong for what little knowledge I had about First Source within. The more I realize and release , the easier it becomes to look at it in a detached nonjudgemental way. Even for the real stinky stuff, I feel it,and watch it go, the emotional charge it once held is gone.

Post subject: Something is going to happen
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:04 am 
Posting Freak

'Something is going the happen' is the best mantra that you can imagine, - because it works. If one really believes something is going to happen today, something wonderful, something wonderful will. Something is going to happen today. Something wonderful... Believe this, no, know it. Just know something wonderful is going to happen, and then you can smile soundly in advance and really be humble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:02 pm 
Posting Freak

Absolutely, CV, and with the understanding I have of the Energetic heart now, when focused there I am so utterly present that nothing else matters and that I find to be "something wonderful...":)

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:00 pm 
Posting Freak

Santana has a wonderful song on the Supernatural album about," turn your lights on, turn your lights on", it's one of my favorites.

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:51 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Thank you Shayalana & CV, this thread has been very valuable to me. My heart feels the truth of the light within the energy that you have shared.

~Mick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:36 am 
Posting Freak

And thank you Mick for your lovely, humble and sweet sweet presence. I love knowing you here.

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:01 pm 
Posting Freak

"True courage lies not in what we achieve but in what we face and transmute". Charolettemarie

If I resonate to anything from this lovely ladys' sharing, it is this. For the facing can be so very difficult emotionally for the immense pain felt, yet utterly and absolutely necessary for the transmutation. I know this well, yet have to remain ever vigilent in maintaining it.

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:59 pm 
Posting Freak

Golda.

Shcwing......

[img]http://www.painterskeys.com/images/links/premium/Sandy_Sandy/sandy-artwork2_big.jpg[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:02 am 
Posting Freak

I have no superman or need for such, perhaps a new paradigm is needed here that includes all, instead of exclusively thinking in one gender in particular.. All that is possible and powerful is WITHIN ME. And that is ....something wonderful...
something wonderful... and I KNOW IT ...and I AM A WOMAN.

[Edited on 19-2-2007 by Shayalana]

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:49 pm 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

[quote][i]Originally posted by Shayalana[/i]
"True courage lies not in what we achieve but in what we face and transmute". Charolettemarie

If I resonate to anything from this lovely ladys' sharing, it is this. For the facing can be so very difficult emotionally for the immense pain felt, yet utterly and absolutely necessary for the transmutation. I know this well, yet have to remain ever vigilent in maintaining it. [/quote]

I was just talking about this with someone today. The funny thing is, when you actually take the courage to step up and face those things that take courage, the stuff itself is not difficult to transmute. It simply takes an objective point of view and forgiveness. It is the fear to face this stuff and the e-motions or perceptions that are contained within it that keeps people running away from it. Moving through the fear to actually take responsibility for it, and then honestly and humbly look at it is more than most people can take. I have seen close friends choose death over looking at something that was crying to be acknowledged so they could heal. It is that powerful and that scary. But once you have done it, you have great compassion for those who are afraid. I helped my best friend face rape, and a roommate face child molestation. I'm blessed to have gone through the process of release/forgiveness in the prior years so that I could be a rock for those who were standing on the edge, holding out a hand, looking for a rock so they could muster the courage to transmute.

Love,
Kimberlee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:22 am 
Posting Freak

It can be very painful to realize the extent of ones ignorance for what one does because of it, or... doesn't do. Not everyone will get past the ignorance and many die all the time because of it. I have learned to become somewhat detached and see from a greater overview that shows me that life goes on. We have lived before and will live again and for those who don't choose ignorance, a few,perhaps, they will discover how to extend life way beyond what most imagine is possible. Ignorance is our greatest nemesis and nothing of it will do when endeavoring to Master Exploration. To go within and face what is there determines what one encounters without. It can be a very lonely journey for few are willing to really venture within and trust that internal voice over any external prompting. And the greatest avenue of that is the Energetic Heart and only the bravest are willing to be so utterly and absolutely open in it no matter what or illusion of who.:P

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:11 am 

[quote][i]Originally posted by Shayalana[/i]
It can be very painful to realize the extent of ones ignorance for what one does because of it, or... doesn't do. Not everyone will get past the ignorance and many die all the time because of it. I have learned to become somewhat detached and see from a greater overview that shows me that life goes on. We have lived before and will live again and for those who don't choose ignorance, a few,perhaps, they will discover how to extend life way beyond what most imagine is possible. Ignorance is our greatest nemesis and nothing of it will do when endeavoring to Master Exploration. To go within and face what is there determines what one encounters without. It can be a very lonely journey for few are willing to really venture within and trust that internal voice over any external prompting. And the greatest avenue of that is the Energetic Heart and only the bravest are willing to be so utterly and absolutely open in it no matter what or illusion of who.:P [/quote]

In the end DEER is BALANCEd.............LOVE

Worldblend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:08 am 
Posting Freak

Love you too Worldblend.;):)

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:41 am 
Posting Freak

I really like discovering that none of what I thought was real and frightening if I thought otherwise, is set in stone.To challenge any belief no matter how afraid one may feel in doing so and the chaos that may result from shaking up complacency, gives one a taste for adventure , unmarked, when seeing one lives through the experience, virtually unscathed. Laughing.

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:42 am 
Posting Freak

Gone fishing....:)

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:16 pm 
Posting Freak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zvDmLnBgTs

[i][color=purple].....it was only a matter of time.[/i][/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:09 am 
Posting Freak

The nature of the Universe sets in... :) :P :D

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject: Re: Something wonderful is going to happen...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:33 am 
Posting Freak

Charlottemarie is quite the remarkable human being in the following interview it is shown by her how important it is to do what you love and when you do how powerfully that can/does effect others in a beneficial way. She is humble and truly loves . She is her soul. I love this lady. :D

Quote:
Voice of the Beloved
The EDGE Interview with Charlottémarie
by Tim Miejan

One cannot reproduce a sound more ancient than the human voice. With attention to sacred music traditions, and her heart, vocalist Charlottémarie is a Renaissance woman who chants, sings, reads, composes, records and performs.

She integrates the healing and sacred arts with the performing arts, inspired by ancient teachings and practices of music, chant and sound in the Vedic, Tibetan, Chinese and Mid-East traditions. She chants and sings in Sanskrit, Arabic, Aramaic, Latin, Farsi, Spanish and English. For more than 20 years she has scripted, composed and performed six world-beat operas and has created and performed solo and ensemble events.

Her latest creations can be experienced this spring, live and in concert:

• "Voice of the Beloved," a one-woman show and also title of her first book of poetry and her newest CD recording, is offered May 17-18, and again June 14-15, at Seven Bridges World Center, 400 1st Ave. NE, Minneapolis. Tickets are $10 at the door.

• "Communion D'Esprit," a cross-cultural and multi-dimensional synthesis of chants, music, rhythm and spirit, is free to the public at 7:30 p.m. April 27, at Ted Mann Concert Hall, 2128 4th St. S., Minneapolis. That event is performed in concert with the 65-piece University Women's Chorus, indigenous instruments and drums, cello, bass, violin, synthesizer and Tibetan singing bowl orchestra.

The EDGE spoke with Charlottémarie, a native of St. Paul, Minn., about her wondrous journey with sound, and about living and dying.

When in your life did you first begin to appreciate sound?
Charlottémarie: I think since the day I was born. I have many brothers and sisters. I'm the oldest of 11 children, so when we were young I used to use sound when my brother had a stomachache or my sister had cramps, and I would just make funny sounds. We grew up over by the Mount Zion Temple in St. Paul and I used to sneak down to the synagogue and listen to the cantors. I just loved it. And chanting -- I loved the chants in church and loved the chants in the synagogue.

Then in high school I met a swami at the University of Minnesota and he started teaching me the Bhagavad Gita in Sanskrit. I loved the pacing and the rhythm of Sanskrit, and I loved how I sounded, and the state of consciousness it evoked.

And then later, I had a very bad car accident where I had brain damage and my motor control was out and it affected my endocrine system and hormonal balance and everything. At that point I moved to Hawaii and I met a Chinese acupuncturist, who taught me an ancient Chinese system of sound -- and it healed everything.

So, one part of my journey with sound was dealing with very diverse backgrounds in sacred environments (churches and synagogues) and then I was given many opportunities to dig much deeper with chant and sound. It became my own healing process. Later on, I realized I did lot of things as a child intuitively. It just evolved from there even more so into a completely different dimension.

I'm doing a residency at the University of Minnesota called "Communion D'Esprit" (Communion of the Spirit). I'm working with the University Women's Chorus and we are going to be doing chants from all different cultural origins. Underlying all of this is the principle of sound. I'm toning with them, and the chants I'm selecting have a certain resonance, not only in the meaning. There will be Sanskrit, and I also sing in Persian. I'll also be integrating Native American and African traditions. And I'll be sharing a language of sound called Sonessic. It's a language and music with a much deeper foundation. But that's, bottom line, what we're going to be doing.

Sonessic?
Charlottémarie: Sonessic is a combination of essence and sound -- sonic essence.

Tell me about your new recording, Voice of the Beloved.
Charlottémarie: I'm very excited about it, because it's very different. I went into a studio and just sang the chants and the vocals and recited some of the poetry. I thought it would just be voice, but then I felt it did need music, so I contacted Boyd Sibley in Sedona, Ariz., and he put the music on top of it. The recording is like the sky and the Earth and how they seem to come together, but they're still autonomous and have their own essence. It's very different. It includes one 32-minute piece called "Rhapsody Under the Lavender Moon," and the second piece is all toning, straight sound, called "Before Time." I'm calling this work vibrational medicine.

In the toning, I decided not to use any mantras or syllables. I work with the Vedic, Chinese and Tibetan systems of sound. Doing something like this in a recording of this nature is perhaps a little bit more than what people ask for. I really, totally, embrace the concept of sound and the profound effect it has on a person -- on all phases of existence: mental, physical, emotionally, spiritually... I mean, it's just vast.

Reflecting all of our being.
Charlottémarie: Exactly. And, not everybody's ready for it. Not everybody can handle it. I learned this when I worked with Kahunas in Hawaii. You don't do certain chants and you don't do certain things in public. And then when I talked to a teacher with whom I travel in India, where I go to chant and learn Sanskrit, he just says, "You know, it's a good idea. They do have recordings of them, but if you want to do something outside of that, something that's a little bit different, that would be good rather than sticking just to the Vedic system." So I found that there were specific sounds that are much more universal and that would perhaps be much more beneficial for people.

When you perform chants and toning, do you feel like you have a direct connection with the Divine?
Charlottémarie: Oh, yes. I do. I could do my one-woman shows five days a week and feel that and be able to create that kind of environment. It just comes through. It's incredible. I recently was the featured soloist for a Woman's Voice concert involving 500 voices from different colleges. It was so uplifting and just gave me so much hope.

I was talking to the girls -- I have about 70 girls in this choir -- and I said, "You know, about 25 years ago I decided I was not going to sing any more R&B, Rock, Pop, what have you, because I feel that my voice is something that belongs to me as a gift -- and I have to use it to be able to give back. There's this Divine reciprocity that has to happen that as a result of that, so everybody else benefits. I just have to keep focused. So, I'm not going to sing that kind of music."

And I explained to them about how sound works through the body, the effect it has on the nervous system, the brain and the energetic fields, the magnetic fields and DNA. And they were like "Woah!"

And then one gal says, "What about feelings or emotions?"

And I said, "There's a completely different vibration to feeling that your heart is opening up compared to worrying over 'My man did this to me and I'm goin' to get that, and that man lookin' at a woman and my girl she done this.' What is out there now in the public airwaves keeps us in a very dense emotional consciousness.

Music comes from the ethers, and it does have a profound effect on the non-tangible, energetic world around us. It is so incredibly subtle and we are so directly influenced. We can just be around it and it affects us. I then told the girls, "I'm not going to keep myself small. We all have the capability to bring Divinity into our lives through sound and music." And these girls stood up and applauded. These are kids, and they get it. They said they are sick and tired of the music offered to them to listen to. There's nothing that inspires that part of their existence, that part of their Spirit.

What do you recommend that the audience do while listening to your concert, or your recording?
Charlottémarie: Well, close your eyes and experience yourself. Listen to what's going on, and experience that. Experience yourself with the journey. That's what I would suggest the audience does.

A lot of people don't want to get that deep. They can just come here and listen to beautiful music and beautiful voices. I mean, these girls sound incredible. They're musicians. I'll work on myself enough to where I deliver a good product, too. I'm there to entertain, and also there to create.

Speak to me a little bit more about what your intent is with your voice. What it is you want to give back?
Charlottémarie: It's more than voice. It's consciousness.

So you're sharing your soul.
Charlottémarie: That's what it is. When you listen to a voice, you can hear everything about that energy that's coming through.

I had one accident with the brain damage and I had another accident when I was living in a monastery. I was hit by a car and my legs were.... It was a tough route. The monks took me out of the hospital and we did two practices in which they were all chanting from early morning until late night. I was there with a cast from hip to ankle on one leg and bandages on the other. That was another profound healing experience.

With all the series of things that happened as a result of trauma, like depression, I have been able to better understand myself in that process and use sound and be aware of the subtle sounds of thought. From there, it just evolved and expanded to many different levels.

My intent has only been to work on myself. And as a result of that, the true work comes out. So it's like this: Sound is a tool and self-discovery is the process. And then, I'm do it and it affects others energetically. They get it just by listening to it, or experiencing a vibration. Musically, the whole thing is to take the healing arts, the sacred arts and the performing arts and make them one. But, getting into the depth of the cultures and cultural sacred folk music and chant is the vehicle for me, the foundational vehicle.

Although I'm involved in the esoteric aspects of these cultural, sacred teachings, my journey goes a lot deeper than that in so far as there is a resonance. I have this term that I use that every atom has a frequency -- and there is a resonance within everyone who responds to sound. So there is a point where, within the culture, within the sacred texts, within the sacred chants, there is an essence that transcends even the words, the culture, everything that has form around it. And so that's what Sonessic is all about. And that's where I want to go with the music.

Which is why I can go in and pick up an Indian CD and respond to it on a level without knowing what they're saying or what the intention is.
Charlottémarie: Exactly. I've done stuff with people from different cultures (West Africa, South Africa) and I've had audiences from Hawaii, Korea, Japan, Africa and India. There is an element that goes beyond culture and is non-definable. But Americans like to understand and know things, so when I do Vedic chants, I will explain what that's all about and educate people step-by-step.

Sound works on many levels. I think it's sound that hits the nervous system faster than other sensory applications. I had another accident where someone ran over my foot. I was getting out of the back seat of a car. What was interesting was that I could feel the pulsing, the nerve endings, and I realized that if I resisted the feeling, I would only make it worse. I had to let it pulse through.

My friends who were with me were healers, massage therapists, and they went "AAGGHH!" because it was rather gross and bleeding. And I said, "Stop it! What we need to do is see my foot healed. Because something happened energetically here. Something happened in consciousness that manifested a certain way. So, we need to see this healed."

When I had the accident when I went through the windshield of the car, which caused the brain damage, I had a death experience where I saw myself and I saw blue light coming out of a car. I saw my ex-husband, and I saw myself and I saw these guys -- and part of me knew I was dead and they were trying to bring me back to life. And I'm telling them, "I'm just fine."

I was asked if I wanted to go back or if I wanted to stay, and I said, "My business is not finished, I have work to do yet." And I came back into my body.

What I experienced I can't really explain, but, it's like if I would use the metaphor for snow. The higher up you go, the further apart the flakes are and the lighter the flakes are to the point where there's nothing. And then the snow gets more and more dense as it comes down to Earth. That's exactly how I saw consciousness in that experience. I realized that on very subtle levels we create things, but that we have to come to a place where we understand where it's all created, how it's all created. I came to an understanding how the elements are associated and the absolute tapestry of creation. It was really cool.

In terms of the evolution of our consciousness, do you think we've only begun to tap into the power of sound in our experience -- to understand the true meaning of sound?
Charlottémarie: I don't think we're at a beginning point. I think we're beginning to have a consciousness about it, the awareness of the effect of it. I do think that sound has been around for quite some time and it has not been used as a tool, let's say, as a source for healing or as a source of energetic transformation and things of that nature.

However, the American culture has used other means for our development in social and civil situations. Right now, I feel that with the use of the computer our emphasis is more visual and about information. Different parts of our brains are being used and activated. Sound is still pushed by the wayside.

Whereas going to India, sound is all over the place, I mean, in the temples, on the streets, in the home. Sound is happening in the music. Africa, the same principle. Sound and singing is part of everyday life. A lot of drum patterns and chants are evolved from people doing everyday things -- even funerals, where people sing and make sound.

In our culture, we're into the Information Age -- and that process of integration is very different. And yet, I do feel there are growing numbers of people who are evolving energetically and coming to understand that sound is really incredible and does create forms of energy. I also feel there is an energetic, magnetic shift, and as that happens, awareness of the more subtle energies and sensory perceptions will become more predominant in our everyday lives. For now, it's computers and information.

Have you done much study on the role of sound in the death process?
Charlottémarie: Some lines from one of the poems I used in a recent performance yesterday were, "Take me to your heart with eyes inside. Make me a fool in the world. Cherishing this death called love, so I may never lose sight of you again."

There's a whole thing I find really fascinating about death, in that we have to die to live on a certain level. It's part of the transformation process. But also, in observing and being with people who are terminally ill and dying, you can actually see the conscious will hanging onto the body -- and then once the passing happens, the change is so profound.

It's just like letting go?
Charlottémarie: It's just like letting go. I lived with a lady and her caregiver in Hawaii for a number of months. All she wanted me to do was chant. So all I did were all these wonderful Arabic chants. Eventually, I just moved in and I just did my prayers with her. She responded to it. She was in the latter stages of life. She did not walk. But it was incredible how aware of it all she was. But there was still this willingness to not let go yet.

There are two different ways of dealing with the death process, and both of them have the same amount of fear and trepidation.

One is if you're living a life, and there's a new life ahead for you. Your spirit just takes you into a new place. The soul and the spirit get together, and in time you become a little bit more in tune to the spirit and start fulfilling your purpose. You start turning into the piece of tapestry that God wants you to be so that you fit into the whole scheme of things. Then things start changing, and that process is really frightening, because you can't function the way you've always functioned. So there's a death in all of that.

And then there's the physical death. I've had two death experiences and each of them was absolutely profound, and the awareness has been profound afterward. It's like the whole thing with the snow and understanding how consciousness and energy really works. It's knowing when it's time and when it's not time, because energetically you cannot impose the will of God on your own life, no matter what. You can't. And you can actually see it's a defiance if you do. It's an energetic defiance.

What was your second near-death experience like?
Charlottémarie: The second one was while I was having an operation, about a month after the first one. I was watching the doctors operate on me and then -- all of a sudden -- everything went very dark and I went. It was like being inside of the Sun. And I was sitting there, and I wasn't even given a choice whether I wanted to come or go. And, the thing is, I heard chanting. I heard sound, people mumbling and talking. I didn't see anything, but I heard things. And the next thing I knew, I was coming out of it on the operating table.

What was it like inside of the Sun? Bright?
Charlottémarie: It was so bright you couldn't look at it, but you could be in it. When you're in it, you're just looking out and it's just incredible. But if I stood on the outside and looked at it, I couldn't look at it at all.

The first death experience of going into the light was just like "Whooooooosh!" It was just gradual, going into this tunnel and then you're absorbed in light. But in the second experience, I was already sitting in it. I was already there, inside of it. And I knew I was inside of it and I heard all these voices.

Did you pick up anything about what they were saying?
Charlottémarie: Oh, no, but I do feel it was energetic and I do feel it has a lot to do with sound and chanting, because even after that experience a lot of other things changed.

The whole concept of death is really fascinating. In India the color for death is white. It's also white in the Chinese culture. Red is the color of life.

To understand what letting go and death is all about is a vital part of the living process. And, I feel that we have to prepare ourselves for death in order to have a good life, you know?

There's an aspect of fear with death.
Charlottémarie: Well, we have this conception that people go away forever. When my baby brother was being potty trained, it was a traumatic experience for him thinking that part of himself was leaving out of him and going down the drain. It was very traumatic, and I remember thinking about this being cellularly ingrained in us. Children don't have this understanding, but all children go through that.

He was losing a part of himself.
Charlottémarie: Exactly. Whether it's a profound, deep traumatic thing like it was for him or whether it was just a piece of cake, it's still just something that has an effect on them. I have been around a couple of monks who have passed. I saw the graceful beauty of their understanding of what death truly is and how they worked on it all their lives. The Tibetan Book of the Dead talks about it. It's no different than walking from one room into the next. I think about it. I oftentimes have that thing called death going on inside. You do have to experience that death in order to have life. Dying in order to live.

For more information on Charlottémarie, her latest book of poetry and recording "Voice of the Beloved," and upcoming performances, call her at (651) 255-6777 or go to http://www.charlottemarie.com

Tim Miejan is editor of The EDGE. Contact him at (651) 578-8969 or e-mail editor@edgenews.com
Copyright (c) 2002 Tim Miejan

April 2002

:D

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:05 am 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
thank you sooooooo much for sharing this Shayalana...those of us who have come to accept Charlottémarie as a part of the WMs experience, will be thrilled to read this. ...she is a perfect example of what the WMMs reveal in the Coherence of the Evolutionary Consciousnesspaper.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:02 am 
Posting Freak

Location: High Plains of the Front Range of the Rocky Mts in Colorado USA
I went to her website at http://www.charlottemarie.com and it has all changed... and seems incomplete... there is no "store" just the option to buy a few of her latest recordings... does anyone have another link? I wanted to hear some music samples... last year when I was really down and out with LD... someone sent me some chants from one of her albums... I was so drawn to them... and listened almost non stop to them for a month... I feel pretty confident in telling you, that they cured me...

I had given up, and basically, so had my dr... after trying a new treatment every 90 days for two years... I couldn't stomach the meds anymore and just quit going to her, and taking anything other than some herbal supplements recommended online... but I noticed a gradual but profound change, immediately after listening to Charlottemarie's chants... and have almost fully recovered now, and never had a flare since (8 months now) ... I wanted to buy that complete album... and to thank her...but there are no "contact" links and as I said, there are no music samples or even albums on display... :?:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:14 pm 
Posting Freak

Patience pays dear. Her new website is being under constructionand you can still buy her music its all there. :D

http://www.charlottemarie.com/

Cathedral - CS&N

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:28 pm 
Posting Freak

I find this an interesting point from a larger overview:

Quote:
In our culture, we're into the Information Age -- and that process of integration is very different. And yet, I do feel there are growing numbers of people who are evolving energetically and coming to understand that sound is really incredible and does create forms of energy. I also feel there is an energetic, magnetic shift, and as that happens, awareness of the more subtle energies and sensory perceptions will become more predominant in our everyday lives. For now, it's computers and information.

It would be cool to tie this is in with Lyricus and the stages we go through before the Grand Portal discovery.

Cathedral - CS&N