WingMakers Forum
Visit SUMBOLA - The Social Reading Platform
Publishers, Authors, Readers, and Talent wanted.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Nature of Knowledge (Lyricus Discourse)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:02 am 
Posting Freak

"Teacher: Learn all that you can about the human body, emotions and mind. Make it the focus of your study for a period of time-perhaps a year or two, depending on the availability of your time.

As you do this, take notes about the features of the human instrument that either seem connected or anomalous. For example, the brain is dominated by the data received from the eyes. Why do the eyes not dominate consciousness?"

I have been studying these things for more than a few years for sure and this is something I have found about the connection of the eyes with memory and consciousness in particular and perhaps a reason why the eyes don't dominate consciousness. This is from "Quantum Success" by Sandra Anne Taylor:

"...Remember that the brain can't distinguish between an image of experience and one of vivid imagination. The visual cortex relies only partially on what is being seen. The bulk of our visual experience is made up of both memories of past images and personal information forming specific expectations. If you change the scenes in your expectations, you can change your observable reality, as well as your consciousness creation!"

In other words, the eyes do not dominate consciousness because they are too busy observing and adjusting reality from the inside out.;)

"Oneness, Truthfulness and Equality"

Cathedral - CS&N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaSU0ABrnY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:44 am 

[quote][i]Originally posted by Shayalana[/i]
"Teacher: Learn all that you can about the human body, emotions and mind. Make it the focus of your study for a period of time-perhaps a year or two, depending on the availability of your time.

As you do this, take notes about the features of the human instrument that either seem connected or anomalous. For example, the brain is dominated by the data received from the eyes. Why do the eyes not dominate consciousness?"

I have been studying these things for more than a few years for sure and this is something I have found about the connection of the eyes with memory and consciousness in particular and perhaps a reason why the eyes don't dominate consciousness. This is from "Quantum Success" by Sandra Anne Taylor:

"...Remember that the brain can't distinguish between an image of experience and one of vivid imagination. The visual cortex relies only partially on what is being seen. The bulk of our visual experience is made up of both memories of past images and personal information forming specific expectations. If you change the scenes in your expectations, you can change your observable reality, as well as your consciousness creation!"

In other words, the eyes do not dominate consciousness because they are too busy observing and adjusting reality from the inside out.;) [/quote]

Shay:

Thanks for posting this.......it's strange that you did because I just read this paper for the first time yesterday.

It was interesting because the week prior, I was doing some excercises in my meditations in which I was trying to "DISCONNECT" my process of IMAGERY from behind the eyes and through the eyes. As a result, when I read similar suggestions in that paper yesterday, I thought it to be very flirtacious. I found the suggestions and excercsies helpful in the paper. However, what ended up doing it for me was literally visualizing my perspective turning itself inside out. When I did this, I was actually successful in detaching my PERSPECTIVE from the "SEEING OUT THROUGH THE EYES". So I am wondering why you used the term "inside out" at the end of your post and I am curious if you had a similar experience.

Also, I would be curious to know if you noticed anything interesting when you were "looking in"? What I found interesting was that "looking in" was much more SPACEous then I IMAGE INED.

Love,

Worldblend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:33 pm 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

In other words, the eyes do not dominate consciousness because they are too busy observing and adjusting reality from the inside out.;) [/quote]

Great subject Shay. Funny that I just finished reading The Divine Matrix by Gregg Braden and the book you quoted is listed as one of the Hay House titles of related interest along with Your Immortal Reality by Gary R. Rendard that I read not too long ago. Hmmm.

[quote]
...the operating system of a computer is fixed and doesn't change. In other words, it "is" what it is. When we want to see our computer do something different, we don't change the operating system--we change the commands that go into it. The reason why this is important is that consciousness appears to work in precisely the same way.

If we think of the entire universe as a massive consciousness computer, then consciousness itself is the operating system, and reality is the output. Just as a computer's operating system is fixed and changes must come from the programs that speak into it, in order to change our world, we must alter the programs that make sense to reality: feelings, emotions, prayers and beliefs.
[/quote]

[quote]
Precisely because of the nature of the hologram,...a change on any level is reflected throughout the whole. Thus, it doesn't take many people to anchor a new way of thinking or believing within the overall pattern of consciousness. From the Native Americans of the 15th century who learned to "see" the anomalous pattern of foreign ships after their tribal leader discovered how to change his sight,...relatively few people creating a new program in consciousness can make a huge difference in the outcome of our collective reality. The key is that someone must do it first.
[/quote]

Love,
Kimberlee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:55 am 
Posting Freak

Interesting Worldblend, because I always have this sense of observing from the inside out, it makes for quite the perspective if not 360 degree view.( I know this seems backwards , but aren't we backwards in how we think it really works? We are in the backwards place. The question is , backwards to what or where?) The best way I can describe it is in terms of a "sense". It is said that the energetic heart "senses" and gives us information of an unlinear sort, that the linear mind is not capable of doing this. Although the mind can interpret what the heart tells it, it is limited compared to it. I have come to these conclusions through my own observations of how I work and endeavoring to overcome any and all limitations. I am still a wonderful work in progress and quite happily so , I might add.;)

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:56 am 
Posting Freak

We see reality according to how clear the lens is through what we are looking or how tainted it is from a past not resolved.

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:06 am 
Posting Freak

Kimberlee thanks for your input. I especially like your second quote for it is demonstrated so beautifully in the movie "What The Bleep..." That movie wonderfully depicts and clearly so how this works. Amanda at the wedding reception "thinks" she sees the groom making out with a bridesmaid while the bride is dancing with her father-in-law. She discovers that what she thought she saw wasn't true and that perhaps, because of her own memory of her wedding and some very hurtful and shocking associations that she allowed those memories to taint what was really happening at this wedding where she was the photographer. I love that movie for it shows so much in a simple clear and quite humorous way.

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:10 am 
Posting Freak

I started this thread in hopes of making heart/mind/body connections to form a nebulous whole. There is so much to us and we have hardly scratched the surface. The body in itself is so awesome for all that we don't know about it in terms of mallability , adaptive and mutatable potentials if not ceasing age and living for hundreds of years.

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:23 am 
Posting Freak

Do you know that the amygdala is where memories are stored from experiences that evoked enough emotion to register in the amygdala for future references in terms of simiarities in particular? The brain will sort through what the amygdala holds in order to make sense of what new emotional input is coming in now. This is what it means to live in the past. Instead of accessing according to what is happening, those unaware access according to what is stored in the amygdala as liberal as the matches made with such criteria are. In other words, we really need to know what eqipment we have and how it works even when it works without us knowing how and we are influenced by it because it keeps us going even if in great ignorance because of lack of knowledge. Whew!:o

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:50 pm 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Do you know that the amygdala is where memories are stored from experiences that evoked enough emotion to register in the amygdala for future references in terms of simiarities in particular? The brain will sort through what the amygdala holds in order to make sense of what new emotional input is coming in now. This is what it means to live in the past. Instead of accessing according to what is happening, those unaware access according to what is stored in the amygdala as liberal as the matches made with such criteria are. In other words, we really need to know what eqipment we have and how it works even when it works without us knowing how and we are influenced by it because it keeps us going even if in great ignorance because of lack of knowledge. Whew!:o [/quote]

I am very driven within to know what our equipment is and how it works. In knowledge is power. Ignorance is not bliss. At least not for me. ;)

I recently started back into ACIM and am doing the workbook for students. One of the lessons from yesterday was "I only see the past".

[quote]
This idea is particularly difficult to believe at first. Yet it is the rationale for all of the preceding ones.

It is the reason why nothing that you see means anything.
It is the reason why you have given everything you see all the meaning it has for you.
It is the reason why you do not understand anything you see.
It is the reason why your thoughts do not mean anything, and why they are like the things you see.
It is the reason why you are never upset for the reason you think.
It is the reason why you are upset because you see something that is not there.

Old ideas about time are very difficult to change, because everything you believe is rooted in time, and depends on your not learning these new ideas about time. This first time idea is not really so strange as it may sound at first.

Look at a cup, for example. Do you see a cup, or are you merely reviewing your past experiences of picking up a cup, being thirsty, drinking from a cup, feeling the rim of a cup against your lips, having breakfast and so on? Are not your aesthetic reactions to the cup, too, based on past experiences? How else would you know whether or not this kind of cup will break if you drop it? What do you know about this cup exept what you learned in the past? You would have no idea what this cup is, except for your past learning. Do you, then, really see it?

Look about you. This is equally true of whatever you look at.
[/quote]

Hence the previous post from The Divine Matrix.

[quote]
From the Native Americans of the 15th century who learned to "see" the anomalous pattern of foreign ships after their tribal leader discovered how to change his sight,..
[/quote]

Someone has to see it first, or create the pattern made available to mass consciousness so that the past is available to process.

Love,
Kimberlee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:15 am 
Posting Freak

Kimberlee, memories are stored in the amygadala and new stimuli is somewhat loosely associated with what is stored there. That is what it means to live in the past according to associations made from material stored in the amygadala. What is suggested to do instead, is to be aware of any associations and be clear that what one is observing is not neccessarily seen from ones past associations so as one sees as much as possible what is to be seen.

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:48 pm 
Posting Freak

Kimberlee, memories are stored in the amygadala.....

[/quote]

Debs,

you are sooooo right,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4_HCG9W8c

.....dreaming.....

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:05 pm 
Posting Freak

.....and by the way.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1z4gxvyjO4

.....eat my.....

:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:08 am 
Posting Freak

"Someone has to see it first, or create the pattern made available to mass consciousness so that the past is available to process."

Kimberlee I find this interesting also, for what about the first to see something allowed them to do so when others couldn't or didn't?

Also, the first to see or do anything is making shifts in consensus reality perhaps for the purpose of evolution in particular? What does not move or grow becomes stagnant and that is not a state conducive to evolving.

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:53 am 
Posting Freak

I still marvel at the awesome complexity of our bodies and how much we DON'T know about their workings, especially wholistically. What is exciting about that is discovering the connections between the soul, spirit, body, mind and emotions with Source and having a powerful advantage in healing ,manifesting, and transmuting and transforming the part of earth we are, in conjunction with what she and her pal nature are doing at a seemingly accelerated rate. I'm aiming at knowing more about energy, what that is in oand surrounding our bodies and what is the best way to use it for the benefit of all :)

[Edited on 31-3-2007 by Shayalana]

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:01 am 
Posting Freak

Energy healing is awesome. Seeing the energy around the bodies of people is like looking at the body for the first time. For it is the state of this energy that determines or shows the state of health or unhealth of the body and if unhealthy where that is. I see why in the discourses the teacher says to study the body. It makes it so much easier to heal if you know what and where you are doing it.I love how it can actually be seen the connection between the mind, emotions and body through working with and seeing the energy. I love also seeing how unlimited we are .

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:53 am 
Posting Freak

Gone fishing.:)

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:03 am 
Posting Freak

Back from fishing and have caught a few big ones. What does it mean to be so seeing from the center and the rest(head,intellect), just follows? It might seem impossible that the intellect doesn't lead, yet that it seems to lead is so illusionary I am re-lieved. When seen from the 'energetic heart' for how one feels from within and not a neuronet of the head but from the heart, there truly are no worries and never were. Nature has a way of allowing one to feel such in her ongoingness...:)

Cathedral - CS&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:24 am 
Posting Freak

[color=olive] [i]The intelligence of the energetic heart is all there really is.

:) Love. seed[/color] [/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:34 pm 

From my own personal understanding One derives their own Knowledge through this Circular process;

Experiences- Beliefs- Perceptions- Interpretation- Awareness- knowledge- Back to Experiences again :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:16 am 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

[quote][i]Originally posted by Epsillion70[/i]
From my own personal understanding One derives their own Knowledge through this Circular process;

Experiences- Beliefs- Perceptions- Interpretation- Awareness- knowledge- Back to Experiences again :) [/quote]

I have pondered this knowledge/experience thing many times....like what came first, the chicken or the egg....:cool:

Even though knowledge is innate....in our DNA/part of GOD in every cell...holographic...each cell containing the whole picture... it is experience that makes that knowledge real-I-zed.

In my own personal experience, it seems that things happen that I don't always understand (experience without know-ledge) and later, I come to understand it in a deeper manner (initially without ego constraints or logic), and later integrating the outer ego (focused on daily stuff) with the inner self (sees the bigger soul picture). And through this in-tegration, the outer ego begins to trust the inner knowledge and allows the inner self more leverage to drive....co-pilot and pilot become one and the same....team effort, both of equal importance and life becomes much more en-rich-ing....

I had quoted something in this forum before on this subject from the CWG material...I believe it was in Tomorrow's God, but could not locate it. I don't have my book with me, as I am out of town, but I will either locate it and add it to this post, or look it up when I get back home in the next few days.

Love,
Kimberlee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:14 am 

Hey Kimberlee,
I actually originally got that Flow Chart idea from CWG Book 1 and then whilst reading ACIM the other day I read a Chapter on Perception and Knowledge. Which then clarified the process more in a detailed Syntax form
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:28 am 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Hey Kimberlee,
I actually originally got that Flow Chart idea from CWG Book 1 and then whilst reading ACIM the other day I read a Chapter on Perception and Knowledge. Which then clarified the process more in a detailed Syntax form
:) [/quote]

Here it is from Home with God In A Life That Never Ends....

[quote]
Page 28

Life is a process by which the soul turns Knowing into Experiencing, and when what you have known and experienced becomes a felt [i]reality[/i], that process is complete.

Home, it turns out, is a place called Completion.
It is the Complete Awareness of Who You Really Are through the Complete Knowing and the Complete Experiencing and the Complete Feeling of that . It is the End of the Separation between You and Divinity
This separation is an illusion, and your soul knows this. Completion can therefore be defined as the moment Separation ends, the moment of your reunification with Divinity.

...In the moment of reunification, what occurs is that you simply remember Who You Really Are, and experience that.

...Awareness is achieved by Knowing and Experiencing, which produces Feeling.

Awareness is the Feeling of what you have Known and Experienced.
It is one thing to Know something, it is quite another thing to Experience it, and still another to Feel it.
Only Feeling produces full Awareness. Knowing, alone, can produce only partial awareness. Experience alone, can produce only partial awareness.

...When you do not "feel like yourself," it is not because you do not Know who you are, it is because you are not [i]Experiencing [/i]it. You must add Experience to Knowing to produce Feeling.

[i]Feeling is the language of the Soul[/i]. Awareness of Self is achieved through the
[i]complete feeling of your Self being Who You Really Are[/i].

[/quote]

Love,
Kimberlee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:04 pm 
Posting Freak

[color=olive] [i]Hi,

Interesting quote, thank you.

It brings home :) the fact that understanding something mentally is quite different than feeling/experiencing it as your core reality and knowing it is what you are.

This is describing the process of remembering 'self' as the God fragment.

Love seed[/color] [/i]

[quote]

QUESTION 5
What is the definition of the soul?

ANSWER 5
The soul is literally a God Fragment that is composed of a hierarchy of capabilities and functionality that permit it to be simultaneously individuated and whole. As it enters the soul carrier at or near the physical birth, it begins to form a matrix of interaction with the soul carrier – testing the vibrational resistance of the soul carrier, as well as its zones of resonance. It is encoded in the soul carrier template that hearing, at least initially, is the most developed of the senses through which the soul can perceive the physical domain. Eventually, the eye-brain system emerges as the dominant portal of perception.

The physical world of dimension and time creates the separation of the world of soul and the world of the soul carrier. Because soul is a God Fragment, and the soul carrier is a representative outgrowth of both the species’ evolutionary trajectory and the original designs of the soul carrier template, they are fundamentally incompatible. Thus, the Central Race engineered an interface that serves to integrate the soul and soul carrier, and orient the collective known as the individuated consciousness.

Lyricus[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:07 am 

[quote][i]Originally posted by Kimberlee[/i]

Here it is from Home with God In A Life That Never Ends....

[quote]
Page 28

Life is a process by which the soul turns Knowing into Experiencing, and when what you have known and experienced becomes a felt [i]reality[/i], that process is complete.

Home, it turns out, is a place called Completion.
It is the Complete Awareness of Who You Really Are through the Complete Knowing and the Complete Experiencing and the Complete Feeling of that . It is the End of the Separation between You and Divinity
This separation is an illusion, and your soul knows this. Completion can therefore be defined as the moment Separation ends, the moment of your reunification with Divinity.

...In the moment of reunification, what occurs is that you simply remember Who You Really Are, and experience that.

...Awareness is achieved by Knowing and Experiencing, which produces Feeling.

Awareness is the Feeling of what you have Known and Experienced.
It is one thing to Know something, it is quite another thing to Experience it, and still another to Feel it.
Only Feeling produces full Awareness. Knowing, alone, can produce only partial awareness. Experience alone, can produce only partial awareness.

...When you do not "feel like yourself," it is not because you do not Know who you are, it is because you are not [i]Experiencing [/i]it. You must add Experience to Knowing to produce Feeling.

[i]Feeling is the language of the Soul[/i]. Awareness of Self is achieved through the
[i]complete feeling of your Self being Who You Really Are[/i].

[/quote]

Love,
Kimberlee [/quote]

Hey Kimberlee,
That is the same Truth understandings that I have recently been reading of in the book;
"The Disappearance of the Universe"
I tell you this book has certainly cracked my head open and rearranged a view incorrectly periceived Concepts.
The universe is really an Illusion on all levels
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:32 pm 
Posting Freak
 WWW  Profile

Hey Kimberlee,
That is the same Truth understandings that I have recently been reading of in the book;
"The Disappearance of the Universe"
I tell you this book has certainly cracked my head open and rearranged a view incorrectly periceived Concepts.
The universe is really an Illusion on all levels
:D [/quote]

I just started a project where I am putting together a matrix that compares many concepts covered in the cornerstones of where I believe truth is revealed. The following books will be included; The Disappearance of the Universe, Your Immortal Reality, ACIM, CWG and the Seth material.

Love,
Kimberlee